Long climb up the charts for Cee Lo's 'F**K You'
April 5th, 2011

Long climb up the charts for Cee Lo's 'F**K You'

It took some time, but Cee Lo Green finally made it to the top.

After 30 weeks on the charts, Green's song "F**K You (Forget You) " has reached number one, according to Billboard.  The trek marked the longest journey to the top in the 18 years that the Nielsen BDS-based radio airplay rankings have been collected.

The song debuted on the September 25, 2010 charts and enjoyed some mainstream attention thanks to a viral video, a cover on the popular series "Glee" by guest star Gwyneth Paltrow and four Grammy nominations for Green and the song.

"The key was that 'F**k You' never stopped selling, so we couldn't just walk away because of a (low) chart number," Mike Easterlin, the senior vice president of promotion for Green's label, Roadrunner Records, told Billboard in February.

"'Glee' and the Grammys were key to bringing it back to the forefront, for sure, making radio believe that it was a song that they not only could play again, but probably should."

The song won a Grammy this year for best urban/alternative performance.

Filed under: Music

1. Lee Hawkins

I enjoy, cause I found just what I was looking for. You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

May 11, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jerime

I dont know too many ppl who didnt like this song when they first heard it.Its been way overplayed on the radio stations in my town at this point though.Super catchy song and I can easily relate to the lyrics.Ppl who have a problem with the song dont hafta listen.If u r a racist or a prude they probly dont play iton your favorite stations anyway.

April 13, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. transplanted

F-k U was first put up on FB. ... quite some time ago ! ... and for the ones that don't think any thing good or ant thing at all about this song, wait until it happens to you, and you Will say F-k You to the one that hurt you !!! Yes you will.

April 7, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Takin a Deuce

C Lo is just another useless, classless bum.

April 6, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tif

I think the song is creative and entertaining. lol. I first heard the song when I was watching the Grammy's. Honestly, I did not care for the Muppet Baby Performance, but I thought the song had a catchy hook. lol. Go Cee-Lo! I remember him from Goodie Mob.

April 6, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cee Blow

I can sum up C Blows entire CD in two words...Ooga Booga.

April 6, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. LOL

just more jungle music.

April 6, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  8. Remy

Good for ceelo. His hard work is finally paying off.

April 6, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sheila-Marie

If it wasn't for my sister insisting I watch the video on YouTube, I never would have listened to it. I'm glad she bugged me into watching it, because it's a funny video, and the song is very catchy...

April 5, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. derp

His mom must be so proud

April 5, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mel B

I f*****g love his song. However, I had never heard of it until the Grammys. Never saw advertisement for it either. So if his label wants to look at why it took so long, they need to take into account that it wasn't marketed successfully. I am so not into Glee AT ALL, so any song covered by the show doesn't hit my radar. It only hits my radar when bands refuse the show. But back to the song, it's so catchy that I know every single word, played it for friends who've never heard it, and they in turn now have it on their mp3 players.

April 5, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chumlee(the real one)

Try out this link. The second video is the real song. http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2010/11/cee-lo-green-sings-fox-news-on-colbert-report.html

April 6, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  12. whisper

the song really does suck

April 5, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chumlee(the real one)

I don't think it does, but I respect your opinion. ;)

April 6, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. erica

not even worth commenting on. who cares. . .

April 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. silkysoul

I guess CeeLo got the last word...or is it two words?

April 5, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • taylynn

Wow that song gets to be #1. Then this song should make the billboard chart!

April 6, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |