Christina Aguilera: 'I'm human, too'
April 5th, 2011

Christina Aguilera: 'I'm human, too'

Christina Aguilera has had a bumpy past several months: She split up from her husband Jordan Bratman, has gone down in recent history as the singer who notably flubbed the National Anthem, took a fall while performing at the Grammys and was arrested for public intoxication.

But through it all, she says she’s keeping a sense of humor.

"In light of the past year, there have been obvious setbacks," Aguilera, who divorced Bratman last year, tells Us Weekly. "I've gone through a really hard divorce, and anyone who has gone through a divorce will speak about how hard the journey is from start to finish."

The 30-year-old mom added that it’s been "a life-uprooting time and there have been hiccups along the way that unfortunately the whole world gets to witness and judge.”

Aguilera will be doing some judging of her own, however, on NBC’s singing competition series “The Voice,” and has said she plans on using some of these experiences as she coaches the contestants of the show.

"I can laugh about my own hiccups and my own experiences in life because I'm getting through it," Aguilera went on. "But I get to share these experiences with these people and I get to say not every performance day is going to be a great day."

“I'm human, too, and people make mistakes and go through things in life,” Aguilera adds. “I'm definitely taking that into the show."

Filed under: Celebrities • Christina Aguilera • Music

1. Superhiro

I'd say she had an ok year. She sung at the superbowl even if she messed it up a little, she still got to sing. Plus she's not even in the running this year for celebrity trainwrecks. Too many other people have already outshined her.

April 5, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sunshine Girl

Just a string of bad luck, blown up bt the media. Being a celebrity sucks, because everything you do is under scrutiny. Shell be ok, b/c everything fades into the shadows eventually.

April 5, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. B lo me

Christina is very attractive and deserves to the happy but if she needs a good rebound banging til she finds happiness im the best mr. right now around

April 5, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. derp

I am here if you need any consoling. Or just want some s e x.

April 5, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jen

I agree Head Diva. She had a bad year and hopefully she has learned from her mistakes. We can't expect her to be perfect. I'm not saying what she did was the right thing, but we all make mistakes.

April 5, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Head Diva In Charge

She had a bad year. I know people who have had much worse.

April 5, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Superhiro

How did Aguilera "go crazy?" She got a divorce and was arrested for being drunk in public, if that qualifies as "going crazy" then there's a lot of crazy people in this country.

April 5, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tif

Those darn Disney stars are a mess. Britney Spears’ went crazy. Christina Aguilera went crazy. Lindsey Lohan went crazy. Are you seeing a pattern here? I don’t feel bad for none of them.

April 5, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chris

Her last album was very underrated. I'm a fan!

April 5, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. diego

I love Christina! she's my favourite artist and she's so beautiful! Go Xtina@!

April 5, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. erica

Who woulda guessed ? I thought she was an elm tree. Or maybe a potato. I sure do like her and elm trees and potatos though.

April 5, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |