April 4th, 2011

Is Katie Couric leaving 'CBS Evening News'?

There's plenty of speculation that Katie Couric is departing "CBS Evening News" to focus on another gig, but the network tells CNN it's still in talks with the 54-year-old journalist.

The Associated Press reported that Couric is vacating her post less than five years after joining the ranks and becoming the first woman to anchor an evening newscast solo.

Her contract with CBS doesn’t expire until June 4, but there’s talk that Couric is planning to launch a syndicated talk show in 2012.

According to CBS, however, the network is having "ongoing discussions with Katie Couric,” a spokesperson tells CNN. “We have no announcements to make at this time. Until we do, we will continue to decline comment on rumor and speculation.”

Update, 4/4 3:40 p.m.: And yet, in an interview with the New York Times magazine, Couric says that the chatter about a new talk show does have some truth to it.

She’s also the first to admit that she doesn’t view anchoring a broadcast as a lifelong proposition. "I think maybe that could have been truer 10 or 20 years ago than it may be today," she explains. "Everyone who does this job appreciates the fact that it’s still an important venue, but it is a declining genre in some ways in terms of how people consume news."

The habits of the evening news audience, she goes on, also move quite slowly, which could explain why "CBS Evening News" has remained in third place. "I believe we were in third place for 13 years before I got here," Couric says, "and I think habits, particularly with an evening news broadcast, move at a glacial pace."

Couric adds, “I think that local news stations have something to do with it...Some people have said that local news is really important in terms of lead-ins. I haven’t really analyzed that," she tells the Times. "I’m just saying what I’ve read or some of the theories about it."

Still, in retrospect, "I would have given people what they were used to, a traditional newscast. And then as they got to know me and got more comfortable, then I would’ve started toying with the format and trying new things," she says. “I think we were overly ambitious. We probably would have been better off playing it a little safer."

And about that much-rumored syndicated talk program, Couric says that she’s "been discussing the possibilities." If a show were to materialize, "Hopefully [it will be known] for smart conversation," she adds.

What do you think the former "Today" show host will do?

Filed under: television

1. Qgyuvedhea

yrgzfqq [url=http://www.guccisalejp2013.com/]グッチ 財布 店舗[/url] nmktnnz gmsgvyw [url=http://www.guccisalejp2013.com/]グッチ 財布[/url] dlcykbl mkavqpj [url=http://www.guccisalejp2013.com/]グッチ アウトレット[/url] hefrmqy gntgevj http://www.guccisalejp2013.com/ oixtffc cocepta [url=http://www.gucciseikatu.com/]グッチ アウトレット[/url] xzprjde uurcibw [url=http://www.gucciseikatu.com/]グッチ アウトレット[/url] ewluosw beckcco [url=http://www.gucciseikatu.com/]グッチ アウトレット[/url] sqzcgbq nftccde http://www.gucciseikatu.com/ rjqefhn pjgkhrk [url=http://www.guccisupport.com/]グッチ 財布[/url] mrpohzo bwvgoot [url=http://www.guccisupport.com/]gucci 財布[/url] ujjxizg nthrqnk [url=http://www.guccisupport.com/]グッチ 財布[/url] qlhokdd wxwpono http://www.guccisupport.com/ loftzco werklbi [url=http://www.cheapguccijp2013.com/]グッチ バッグ[/url] hkxmuda geesoiz [url=http://www.cheapguccijp2013.com/]グッチ アウトレット[/url] fempbcr zmushwm [url=http://www.cheapguccijp2013.com/]グッチ アウトレット[/url] rcgzmnj gbnnwkp http://www.cheapguccijp2013.com/ yvmpxoo cerjusz [url=http://www.gucciluxuryjp.com/]グッチ アウトレット[/url] tkswjkv gsolwrb [url=http://www.gucciluxuryjp.com/]グッチ アウトレット[/url] xyabipv pmztzvr [url=http://www.gucciluxuryjp.com/]グッチ 長財布[/url] sqmvcqy lmwcyhw http://www.gucciluxuryjp.com/ dsqafsv

April 10, 2013 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. investment property

Howdy very nice site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I'll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?I am happy to seek out so many useful information right here in the post, we'd like work out extra techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

May 30, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. http://intimedika.com

Hello there, You have performed a great job. I'll definitely digg it and in my view suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

May 22, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DVD Burner Free

Hello there, You've done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and for my part recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this web site.

April 4, 2012 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. water softener problems

I savor, result in I discovered just what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

April 3, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. DSLR Kamera Vergleich

Great submit, very informative. I wonder why the opposite experts of this sector don't realize this. You should continue your writing. I am confident, you've a huge readers' base already!|What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively useful and it has aided me out loads. I'm hoping to give a contribution & help different users like its aided me. Great job.

March 31, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. DSteinle

Who cares? Was anyone watching?

April 5, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. street smart

Wherever Katie goes I hope the daily opening of her new show has an excerpt of her interviewing Sarah Palin where Palin said she would be good at foreign affairs because she can see Russia from her house, The right wing Kool Aid is that Palin never uttered those words, its all part of the Great Left Wing Conspiracy. Turns out according to the whackos that the words came from Tina Fey who was doing an impersonation of Palin on a SNL skit .

April 5, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. David Band Sarasota

Katie donates a Large Piece of Dough to charity!

April 5, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. Bebe

A talk show is absolutely the right thing for Katie Couric because her major strength is interviewing. She asks good questions and knows how to follow up well. With the right personalities, it also gives her an opportunity to show her charm, which one cannot do with the evening news. She is "cute" and is more natural with interviews, even with someone who's as dumb as a potato as Palin is. She did an excellent interview; the news is better anchored by someone with more natural gravitas.

April 5, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  11. MG.

No big loss ....I wonder who will be their next puppet!

April 4, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Abe Vigoda

When Jane Paulie started looking a bit "less young", Katie replaced her. Now Katie's showing her age and sure enough, she's heading out the door. Television is a vicious business for women past 30. Thank God I'm still young... and a man.

April 4, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. LouAz

What's going on with katie Couric ? NOTHING ! Good riddance.

April 4, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Brad

Does CBS still broadcast the evening news? I thought they cancelled it when Cronkite retired. On the other hand, unlike most of you windbags spouting off opnion here, I do like Katie Couric and think she will do great things post-CBS.

April 4, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Nick

She sure does auto-tune well, though! XD

Look up autotune the news on Youtube, and you'll see what I mean.

Very very very thin ice!

April 4, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. street smart

I hope wherever she goes they open her show with the Palin interview where Palin said she would be a good Vp because she could see Russia from her house. Al the conservatives swear it never happened that it was Tina Fey doing an SNL skit. I would love it if that segment played everyday to remind conservatives what blind sheep they are to follow Caribou Barbie. Pathetic

April 4, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abe Vigoda

Huh? Even Palin admitted to saying that. Although, Tina Fey took it and made it more funny. Actually... Tina Fey makes a better Palin than Palin.

April 4, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  17. simonsays

I just came here to say WHO THE F CARES! Got that off my chest. Back to the game.

April 4, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Don't worry about it

Use the 15 million a year salary and put it to good use.

April 4, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. rosegarden

Why paid multi millions to read the news every evening? Worthless. One post is correct here, we need new and fresh face to read the news which is a simple job, save the money, ABC, CBS & NBC! Like Katie, the next one to let go is D. Sawyer who is worse, who has caught a few time to fabricate the news. Shame on ABC still keeping her.

April 4, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. CBP

i hope Katie does what she wants to do. That is her right. For all those that have made negative comments, I can assure you she will not read them and most of us are not interested in the ideas you put forth. Women belong wherever their talents lead them. As women become more educated and men are less prone to go to college women will need to be in charge.

April 4, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. stwebb

I prefer NBC Evening News with Brian Williams because I can download it from iTunes before ABC and CBS evening news even comes on the air.

It also eliminates the need for Time Warner Cable!

April 4, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Tony

After reading allot of these post, truthfully most of you could never like anyone anyhow. It amazes me how you can judge someone you never even met with such hatred. What a life you must have glad I do not know most of you.

April 4, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  23. goss

I've loved her ever since she interviewed Palin and exposed her for the nut she is.

April 4, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Steve

Katie is my hero ever since the Palin interviews...:-)

April 4, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. planetxx

Those are chemtrails not contrails

April 4, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. RAMROD

Katie Couric is smart, attractive, and a good journalist. From what I'v e heard she is a good person & nice to be around. I wish her the best in whatever she decides to do.

April 4, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Db

Good ridance!!

April 4, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  28. npg

Andy Rooney should do it..."why iS it that ..." "...I hate it when..." "....ever wonder why..."

April 4, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  29. D

The nightly news anchor died with Peter Jennings. Katie's cute but please.

April 4, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • stwebb

I watched Peter ever since Frank Reynolds passed away. Now I prefer Brian Williams!

April 4, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jack Watcher

I am amazed at all the right wingers comments about how Katie attacked Ms. Palin. She did not attack, all she did was ask Ms. Palin a few simple questions that any high school graduate should have been able to answer. Ms. Palin demonstrated her lack of intellectual scope and knowledge. She wasn't attacked, she committed suicide. Check out her poll numbers now. Surely you right wing nut jobs can't blame this on Katie. But of course you can. Facts really don't matter to you, do they?

April 4, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Gregory

Their used to be a time when I got off my 8-5 job and came home and watched the CBS evening news. Those days are long gone. Times have changed, and I now start my day getting on Mac connected to my HDTV. I get everything online that I used to watch on TV, and that is simply because I select the news I want to view. I can't blame Katie Couric for jumping ship. I still watch CBS evening from time to time. As far as all the above cruel comments about Katie, shame on you people. Katie has been on TV for a LONG time and I consider her very professonal.

April 4, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  32. AL Viewer

I watch Katy every night. I really enjoy her broadcasts. PLEASE stay! I'd hate to have to watch some of the lame news-casters in this area.

April 4, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. aaron

susan: my 4-year old could've exposed the idiot in Palin.

April 4, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  34. tabu hirisha

Couric is snotty and has a phonie hollywood smile....glad she is leaving

April 4, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  35. huxley

I haven't watched TV in more than 5 years – even though I constantly watch videos. Declining genre is right.

April 4, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. L. Herman

She is so boring to listen to - she has no personality, speaks in a monotone.. I fall alseep if I even listen to her for a second. She was once thought of as cute (20 years, ago). Cute only goes so far.

April 4, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. harry

Thank you for leaving.

April 4, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. gussie

She's such lightweight - put her on after 11 PM.

April 4, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Kim

"What's Wrong With Katie Couric?"

And here I thought they were going to discuss her increasingly waxy and surgically-enhanced complexion. Curse you, CNN!

April 4, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  40. KatieCouric

And yes, it's really me. Do you notice the elocution and great sentence structures from every thing I write? You are all mostly very cruel.

April 4, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Superhiro and KC

Why don't u two get together and take turns doing da train with yo buddies. Each of you can slob da knob with a classic tea baggin move! You can bounce each others flabby cheeks off dat tiny disco stick. Meet a jig or two for girth and get yo party started!!

April 4, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Superhiro

...Uhh why don't you find something more productive to do than rage out at someone on a CNN blog in defense of Sarah Palin. Calm down dude. We disagree, get over it.

April 4, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. shades

Dey call me shades cuz when I iz getting butt slammed by my pillow bitin buddies, I like to wear a blindfold. I am a dude dat likes the mystery of da person packin my fudge. It be a fun game for all to play!!

April 4, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  43. MurfAtHome

Start a Book-of-the-Month Club with Sarah Palin maybe?

April 4, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  44. KatieCouric

If I wasn't a flamer, I would rock yo little pooper fo sure! However, I iz only into da dudes with hairy sacs!! Just wanna tea bag session followed my salty man goooooo! Sorry babe

April 4, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • KatieCouric

You are a usurper! How dare you! Get your piles in a row and in order. Are your from Chicago? Dolt(is).

April 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Gomer

Q: Is she leaving?
    A: Who cares?

April 4, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Nathan

Honestly, who cares what she does. She has zero talent. There is a reason the Today Show ratings went up when she left.

April 4, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  47. mskimberlyclark

As for Fox lying, should we start with Creationism and almost everything since? Of all the evil things in the world you people are hysterically hating Katic Couric? The woman who had a colonoscopy on camera to expose colon cancer as the biggest cancer risk (next to lung cancer) Many more people die of colon cancer than breast cancer and she had the balls to do it on the air. I will always respect her for that. Lung, Colon, Prostate, Breast – that is the REAL cancer pecking order. Why is that hidden by the Komen foundation?

April 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gomer

Because she cares or because she is a ratings hound? I'll guess the latter.

April 4, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Superhiro

Just give me a little gay jig-a-boo nutbar that I can keep in my closet like da Gimp! I wanna tie him up and bring him out for butt slammin sessions. I wear my Superhiro suit and cape with a hole cut out in the front. When my little 3" peter goes half mast...I reach for Extenze to bring it right up da pooper!!

April 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • KatieCouric

You are one sick puppy. Have to run, will be on the air again shortly. Oh, and what nana said, hiro... sicko for certain. You, I mean.

April 4, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Superhiro

Lol sad. ^ Obvious Palinite.

April 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Artrina

My LOCAL CBS news has GREAT ratings and people still change the channel when CBS NATIONAL news comes on! The people who watch national news from ABC, NBC and CBS do NOT want to see a perky, news reading cheerleader who has the appearance of an airhead. People want someone they can believe KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS world events. Anyone can have ONE GOOD interview – and KC's was the Sarah Palin interview.

April 4, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Superhiro

Lol @ Palin followers. Way to show your maturity by impersonating other bloggers and writing pre-school level insults. I guess anything higher than pre-school level and you might risk outshining your messiah Palin. Keep trying if you want Palinites, but your lame insults won't make her president. Sorry.

April 4, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  51. OMG

Tatics on Obama??? Palin did that all on her own. About Fox news, do your own research. Sorry folks, they really don't give it to you straight. (Politically)

April 4, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • shades

oh wait, CBS does real news?
      hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..
      thats good stuff

April 4, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. KennyG

Hope she goes. I really like CBS News but will not watch as long as cutie pie is there. She belongs on a show like Today, not a respected news program. Not crazy about her one sided interviews either.

April 4, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • KatieCoric

Damn, Kenny! What'choo been smokin or snortin'? I used to like your music and I've even interviewed you along the way. Peace Bro! Your music is on supermarket loops these days.

April 4, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Mark

I be a right wing freak. I hope that some day I can blow my hero Glenn Beck. It would be sooo cool to taste his salty man goo!!

April 4, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Diane

By the way, I also like to get drilled in da corn-hole by these chubby butch chicks. It is a real treat to get bent over da sofa and have my flabby cheeks slapped till dey iz red and sore!!

April 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • KatieCouric

How can I get in touch? My new show is concerning strap-on butch types and the girlz who love 'dem. Please contact me at the news desk @ cbs.com. It will be a great program! Oh, and by the way, are you from Chicago?

April 4, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Diane

I iz a big ol lezbo! I think u stupid head goops iz punks. I just want a butch so I can mow down on dat nasty box!! Then I take a strap-on and we get craaazy! Let's get bizzy!!

April 4, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  56. KeeKeeDee

Anyone suggesting that this is just a polite way for CBS to ax Katie should continue to read about this in weeks to come. When she announces her talk show (and she will), CBS will be the owner of that show–CBS Distribution, the same company that syndicates Oprah, Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, etc. etc. etc.

Stay tuned.

April 4, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  57. KatieCouric

WOW! Judging from the comments here, I sure am popular, beautiful, talented, and - not to mention - very wealthy. Eat your hearts out, folks. I love who I am.

April 4, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Mark

Fox predicted she was a gonner almost a month ago and once again Fox proved that they know what they are talking about. These left wing networks like CNN are not only grossly biased in favor of left wing bigotry they are behind on every story.

April 4, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Johnnieg

I wuz taught that when you ride dat disco stick, glove that poop chute! I iz worried bout all dem nasty herpes, crabs and clam(ydia). The little red dots on my mushroom head iz fun to pass around!!

April 4, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  60. johnnieg

I was taught " If you can't say anything nice about a person , don't say anything"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 4, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Barnibus

I be ridin the short bus. Dat is where I find someyunguy to polish my meat stick. I be rockin 3 inches with Extenze!! It makes me wanna party down and spark it up. I iz gonna ride a dude's wang on da bus!!

April 4, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  62. NealR2000

The "Evening News" format is so outdated now. People want their news instantly, and receive it via computers at work, at home, and on their smartphones. No matter how nimble the TV news people are, the stories they broadcast have to be worked-up so much that come 6.30pm, it's already old news. As for Couric, it was a bad choice to give her the job. She appeals to the informal couch-style soft news presentation. She also turned a lot of people off after her hit-job on Palin. Whether you think it was deserved or not, I didn't see her, or any other news person, using the same kind of tactics on Obama.

April 4, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Diane

These comments are just ridiculous....Katie is a well respected TV journalist and her $15,000,000 salary proves it! She's certainly more enjoyable to watch than Diane Sawyer who gives me nightmares.
    But since most you you made such stupid comments regarding Katie...all I can figure is you must be the kind of idiotic goops who would watch Palin on TV....go figure!

April 4, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coaster

The high salary in not necessarily a reflection of her journalistic abilities, Diane, but more about the anticipated ratings bonanza that the network executives had hoped for.

April 4, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  64. nancy

she is worthless .

April 4, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. NB

Doesn't anyone watch late night TV anymore? She was on Letterman 2-3 weeks ago and all but said she was leaving CBS News. She didn't give a definite, "Yes, I"m leaving," but she made it very clear that her priority was exploring options other than her current job.

April 4, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  66. The Boss

Maybe they can get Charlie Sheen, they will end up paying him anyway

April 4, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Coaster

Unfortunately, all the broadcast evening news have become rather weak as the networks dedicate only the first 5-7 minutes on average to legitimate hard news and then transition into a sort of news magazine format, a real disservice to the American public. But that’s what happens when ratings (mighty dollar) and not sound news judgment dictate news content…or the lack thereof.

April 4, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Jan Benes

High Colonic Weekly with Katie Couric.

April 4, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  69. gman

I also wanna bang dat dude anderson cooper on CNN. He can schlob my knob any day of da week! I love pillow biters!

April 4, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Barnibus

We can only pray they are able to get rid of her – what a worthless bimbo!

April 4, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  71. welchie

ReaLly? Spitzer?

April 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Superhiro

It's funny how all the Pro-Palin people rush to attack Katie. Sad too.

April 4, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Vince

She made a mistake moving from the morning show. I enjoyed waking up to her every morning. I only wish I woke up NEXT to her.

April 4, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Greebo

"Is Katie Couric leaving 'CBS Evening News'?"

Hey, you guys are the journalists, you tell us. How about waiting for the decision and THEN posting an article...

April 4, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  75. herrsonic

Is she a lesbian?

April 4, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  76. gman

i wanna bang meg kelley from fox... put that on the news hahahaha

April 4, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  77. SkyKing

I enjoy Katie. I look forward to her newscast each day. I also think she's very attractive, and has the kind of character one would like in a spouse. Katie would be a wife to die for. It is a pleasure to watch her. I miss Walter Cronkite, and Dan Rather, although he tried very hard, was just no Walter Cronkite. Katie was a good choice, and I would like her to stay. Her low key but persistence in the Palin interview was journalism excellence, allowing Palin to reveal herself as embarrasingly unqualified to serve in government by being unable to answer simple 'duh' questions.

April 4, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Righty right wing right winger

The left wing liberal talking heads are going down quickly. The trash bin is getting awfully full!
    The public has completely rejected them.

Who will the next libtard that gets canned?

April 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  79. The Observer

FInally, I can watch CBS news again. OOOPS, no I can't. Someone at CBS seems to think that Erica Hill is interesting, professional , and a reporter. I find her not ready for prime time, even to hold the que cards. She must be related to someone high up. Frankly, I miss Harry and the troops. Bye Katie, it was a real bad idea. I think CBS news lost just about all of its credibility when the fired Dan and hired this cutsey critter.

April 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Elite

Wow! Go Katie.
    Check out this stock: eltp

April 4, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  81. guest

All you people get on here and have long negative conversations about each and every story. Do any of you have jobs or a freakin life.. geesh

April 4, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Mark

I hope so. She is a terrible journalist and not a good reporter. You need those two elements to be a successful news anchor. She is and always will be associated with the fluff or morning tv talk shows, not hard news. I'm sunned CBS has not only kept her this long, but is trying to make her stay.

April 4, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Smoking Baby

I won't miss her. She reminds me of my boss who is a big b***h. I never felt she was a good fit as an anchor person.

April 4, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  84. andy

WHO CARES!!!

April 4, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Mark

Who is Katie Couric?

April 4, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Lisa

I was told by a reliable joint that she will be running for Govenor of Alaska.

April 4, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Barnacle Bill

"highest rated news network."

Justin Beiber sells a lot of units. I suppose that makes him the most gifted musician around.

Idiot.

April 4, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Bring Back Bob Schieffer

As others have mentioned, we also enjoyed Bob Schieffer while he was temporarily holding down the fort... We're old school so of course Uncle Walter was the BEST. Dan Rather's ego was annoying. But Bob Schieffer was a straight-shooter, well-spoken, sincere... Didn't seem caught up in the celebrity aspect of news–which Katie fell for hook, line, and sinker. Good riddance, Katie.

April 4, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  89. LumberJack

Couric is a snotty little bytch.

April 4, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

"Her treatment of Sarah Palin was deplorable."

Yeah! How dare she ask a pertinent question!

April 4, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  90. pierce

I thought at first she was smart, but now she does not appear to be.
    And with a face like that, no wonder her ratings were terrible. Only by the miracle of makeup could that plain jane be made to look almost average looking.

April 4, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  91. jj

Yes, she is. Update your article.

April 4, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Jimmy

As one who has been there, I am glad doe were God split her!

April 4, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  93. The Chester Flash

I also stopped watching the network when she was put on. I believe Sheiffer would have been better. It was a pleasure to watch him. On her pay, I believe the publicity at the time said she was being paid 15 Million a year!

April 4, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Fab

Good riddance to her. Her treatment of Sarah Palin was deplorable. I realize it was all part of the media's conspiracy to get Obama elected, but Katie, don't let the door hit ya where God split ya!!

April 4, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • MS

You're either being sarcastic or you're an idiot. I'm guessing the latter. She asked her what newspapers and magazines do you read and Palin responded everything like the idiot that she is.

April 4, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vince

I can't remember the last time Katie used notes on her hand to perform an interview. How about Sarah?

April 4, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Dave

Does anyone really care? I mean, really.

April 4, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Kevin

Good riddence; women belong in the kitchen! Get a guy for that job!!!

April 4, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Kevin

OK, whoever compared her to Rachel Ray forgot the old-school saying about women; "they can all make love, but not all can cook!!"

April 4, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Jimmy

You may have seen her that night. Her jaw, among other things, was very sore and she was having some trouble speaking.

April 4, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  99. WildBill

Hell, i stopped watching CBS evening news when WALTER CRONKITE left.

April 4, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Joe

fair and unbalanced, you lost all credibility on that one. Have you seen Megan Kelly or Ainsley Earhart? I would leave my wife for either. I think you were thinking of that Armapour drag queen.

April 4, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

"Megan Kelly or Ainsley Earhart? I would leave my wife for either."

Ahh, family values...

April 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Cissy Williams

Couric is self-centered, answers her own questions, a diva and as a TV anchor–antiquated. I used to watch her on the Today show, and her divadome made Mariah and Whitney look like Catholic school girls. I used to pity Matt Lauer as Couric battered and bruised him on camera, but he used to fight back on camera too. Couric needs to come back down to earth and I think the network not renewing her contract may be just what she needs.

April 4, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Sherri

Couric was not a good fit for the position. Her credibility with 'hard news' just is not there. While she can seem very empathetic on screen, there just does not seem to be much substance there . I do admire her work with furthering awareness of colon cancer and other issues that have affected her personally. There are many, many very qualified hard news journalists, female, that would be better suited to holding a news anchor position. Barbara Walters really broke the glass ceiling in the news business and was never afforded the respect she deserves. Lesley Stahl, Jean Meserve, Susan Candiotti, Candy Crowley , Christianne Amanpour, etc etc etc. Super qualified. Katie? Nope.

April 4, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Jacquelyne

Who cares....CNN lost a lot of credibility when they decided to link arms with Spitzer.

April 4, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Isabel

Dancing with with the stars or perhaps celebrity apprentice, she'll end up with one of those shows.

April 4, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  105. fair and unbalanced

Fox news women look like drag queens!

April 4, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  106. An Old Patriot

Hoo Ray!!! Maybe there is an opening for the purple Kool Aid Paula Zahn. Whatever happened to her anyway? Is she a librarian in the George W. Bush Library, filiing all that data on WMD.s?

April 4, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  107. GotThumbs

Talk Show? We don't need ANOTHER talk show. What a stupid idea if she is really considering it. Is she a true journalist or just a face to be seen on tv? Ever heard of the bomb geraldo R? He's lost all credibility from when what He had 15 years ago.

April 4, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Dennis

What an AIRHEAD....

GWEN IFILL would be a good replacement

April 4, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  109. EJ

And we should care one iota about this, WHY? Everyone name 10 things more critical to mankind!!!

April 4, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  110. John

I hope she jumps ship. I can't stand her broadcast. Where is Walter when you need him?

April 4, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Jimmy

Maybe I am the moderator!

April 4, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Flubber

I am currently wondering where I left my pants. If anyone knows, please tell me. It's chilly.

April 4, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  113. jennifo

I know for a fact that she is leaving, and will be replaced by ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER.

April 4, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  114. colt 45

Hate the vulgar comments. CNN don't you moderate???

April 4, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  115. William Blake

She sure hung Sarah Palin out to dry.

April 4, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  116. daleok

I don't know and I don't care.

April 4, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Steve

Yes, she'll be leaving soon. Much to the relief of both CBS and Katie. It was a horrible decision to hire her, AND a horrible decision for her to accept the position. It didn't work out for the the numerous reasons many non-network people pointed out when they announced it. TBH, it was inevitable.

April 4, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Gobble down my turds

Couric is a smug, miserable little troll who eats her own doo doo and wants to go to hell for an exclusive interview with Ted Kennedy and to eat his doo doo also.

April 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  119. steve

I have not seen here deliver the News in here almost five years on CBS,,,,could not stand to hear her speak on TV. She is mis-employed in her current job, but a talk show seems like a great fit for her.

April 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  120. krag

Lets get Rather back in the seat. that was a good puppet show. Great style ,blurt it out first check the facts later. Tv news is done. its all about egos today. and thats the way it is

April 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Richard

Everyone thought she was dumb until she outsmarted Sarah Palin. Wow, she must be smart!

Maybe she will be replaced with someone who is more intelligent, and therefore more respectable.

April 4, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Mir

I bet Palin is going to miss her.

April 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

(chuckling) Maybe she is leaving CBS, to show that she is not a quitter?

April 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  123. jjr1968

C YA!!! Terrible news anchor.

April 4, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Tim

Apparently Hannity is finally going to reveal the evidence of her affair with Obama.

April 4, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  125. carolae

What!!!! The daytime news Diva is leaving NBC to start, yet another boring, talk show??? With all of her millions, why not just retire, travel and write a book like everyone else that has been in her spot or other celebrities, have done. News is news no matter who reports it and the way they report it. Heck, why watch it on TV when you can read about it on the internet?

April 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Jimmy

skinnygirl is jealous

April 4, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  127. tdog

It is a shame that she espouses (Or endorses the networks) left wing views.I hope she hangs it up.She , like so many *newscasters* try to insert their opions into a news cast.I really dont care what she thinks, or CBS thinks-I just want the news reported

April 4, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Jimmy

especially the in the butt thing

April 4, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Jimmy

Can't help it if she likes these things.

April 4, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  130. rumdumb

If only I could think of something nice to say about her I would.

April 4, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Jimmy

and having to swallow!

April 4, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  132. skinnygirl

@really u should keep your ugly comments 2 your self!!!!

April 4, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Jimmy

She was probably tired of being tied to that anchor desk.

April 4, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  134. jeff

who is Katie Couric and does CBS still have a news department? (sarcastic)

April 4, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Foxglove

When she started as Evening News Anchor on CBS it was painful to watch her but after the first year she got her footing and is very good. She is an excellent hard hitting reporter while NBC sugar coats everything. It will be a big loss to CBS.

April 4, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  136. jen

who cares, she is soooo 80's......move on.....to bad cbs didn;t give ann curry the job.....she's awesome.....and she would still be there.....with HIGH ratings.....

April 4, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Jbsr

I'd bang her!

April 4, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Step1

Just to look at her is awful let alone hear anything she has to say. It's been the majority opinion for years. Just another sociopath the world could do without. Hopefully she will retire with any luck.

April 4, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  139. bobo

Hey Nancy, "George W. Bushes daughter"?! Seriously?! Did you just make his name plural in an effort to show possession? Wow!!! Its hard to take someone serious when they lack the grammar knowledge of a third grader.

April 4, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  140. kk

Wow – it's amazing how negative and ugly people can be. If she were an ugly male, people wouldn't say half this stuff and I totally agree with the person who credited her with exposing Sarah Palin for the air head she is and saving our country from Palin and McCain. For that she will always have my admiration. Have to think it's jealousy. She'll do fine in whatever she does.

April 4, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Sheryl

What Katie does is constantly try to pass off her "opinion" as actual news. A talk show of some sort would be perfect for her so that her views can be taken for what they are and not respresented as "facts".

April 4, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Brian

"She's a talking head, sometimes sent on assignments to convince the public that she is a journalist."..............................

Well, somebody has to fill the space between commercials. This country hasn't had a real journalist since Edward R. Murrow.

April 4, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • stejo

I think Brokaw was a journalist, Cronkite, but true, not too many others.

April 4, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  143. shouki

She is joining "60 minutes" (and the program will change its name to "65 minutes" - 5 minutes of fame - in her honor).

April 4, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Debbie

I find it interesting that those who support the likes of Beck, Coulter and Palin have room to call anyone brainless, of yeah I forgot, Coulter is a nuclear scientist and nuclear radiation is a cancer vaccine, and Palin is an oil spill expert and thinks the Exxon Valdez is similar to the gulf spill. LOL talk about brainless twits, and Beck he's a loon, should be in a straight jacket. That being said, I don't think Couric is all that great myself, and much prefer Brian Williams.

April 4, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Ben

In the 1970s; ABC hired Barbara Walters from NBC to try and boost the ratings of their 3rd place evening news (CBS-1, NBC-3). ABC remained in 3rd place for many years after that. You would thought CBS would have learned from that not to hire a person from another network, and instead promote from within their organization. I hope CBS replaces Ms. Couric with a credible news reporter (Male or Female) who already works at CBS (they have plenty), and not hire a somebody who works for ABC, NBC, or some place else.

April 4, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben

The words in quote Should have been: (CBS-1st place, NBC-2nd place). ABC was third place before and after they hired Barbara Walters from NBC. Hiring a person from another network did not help them in the ratings. It would be years before ABC got out of third place as far as the evening news broadcast was concerned. CBS should replace Ms. Couric with another news reporter (male or female) who already works at CBS and not hire another person from another place.

April 4, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Toni Morrison

I stopped watching her as she is trying to steal my act...Doo Doo Juggling.

April 4, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  147. dan

One could only hope.

April 4, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Aren

Could they spare a more flattering picture? Geez Show a little kindness to her!

I'm not a huge fan of her journalistic ability, but as a person she seems fine.

April 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Tom

The article describes her as a "journalist." She's a talking head, sometimes sent on assignments to convince the public that she is a journalist.

April 4, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Cassie

Katie isn't my favorite...I'd much rather see Harry Smith get the job. He's a good journalist and he's pleasant to watch.

April 4, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Lisa

No loss. I quit watching CBS when she took over. Her bias shows through too much. I just want to see the news reported...I don't need the anchor's personal opinions. She was better in her phony perky morning show persona...at least then, she was likeable (even if it was fake).

April 4, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  152. jack

We care? Are we caring about this lady or this show...

Sorry I couldn't give a $@#@$ less about her or that show.

April 4, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Ed

They should put forth an effort to bring back Dan Rather. He was excellent!

The only reason I don't watch CBS news during the week is that, in my market, CBS News does not air until 7pm eastern time.

April 4, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Sam

Could CNN have picked a more unappealing picture of her? That looks like my uncle Dan.

April 4, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  155. OMG

She is taking Regis place.

April 4, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  156. scott

Does anyone really care?

April 4, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Head Diva In Charge

Who cares! i can't stand her on anyone on tv anymore! people just suck!

April 4, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Nancy

Wow, people. If you have constructive comments on Katie's journalist abilities
    from your own standpoint, state them. I'll read them. But it amazes me how
    mean and uncivilized some of the statements are. It tells me more about the writers
    then it does about Couric. I personally do not appreciate the journalistic
    'skills' of George W. Bushes daughter on the Today Show. I find her
    to be monotone and immature. But I can't justify any comments about
    her as a person, since I haven't ever met nor do I know her.And I'm
    speaking as someone who was in disagreement with 99.9% of her
    father's political stances. Perhaps we could all work a bit on civilized
    verbal exchanges.

April 4, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

Thanks, Nancy. The problem with electronic news media allowing for reader comment is that many (it seems) who share opinions are virtually anonymous and feel no responsibility for contents of posts. Much was said about "vitriol" following the events ot Tucson in January. But it seems directed only to news media and related talk shows. We forget that reader sentiments made public have a way of getting people riled up and thinking they're in good company and therefore doing society a favor when they act on their emotions.

April 4, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Beth

I only watched her when she was on the Today show...I am glad she left because Meredith Viera is so.....much better.

April 4, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  160. MD_Moderate

I believe she will move to Alaska and teach Sarah Palin how to read a newspaper.

April 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Susan

I will miss those legs. :(

April 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  162. John

She was liberal bias. Everyone is sick of listening to her.

April 4, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Kathy

Katie Couric? ICK.

April 4, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Dale

Well CBSs' ratings just went through the roof!

April 4, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  165. maxine

i do not care for women who report the news. I like a man at the helm, and i am a woman. the women just seem sort of soft. Diane Sawyer was great on GMA, but evening news?? Hard to take serious. But what really makes me mad, is when these women run off to war zones, disasters, etc, really make me wonder 'why"? It's not necessary, nor does it make a woman reporter more authentic. I see where they rushed Katie out of Egypt when the going got rough. she should have stayed home to begin with.

April 4, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marion C.

I could not disagree with you more. Both she and Diane Sawyer do a great job. It is sad to hear the commentary that men are endowed with such intelligence.-give me a break! Maybe we should give up the vote if we are that stupid-shame that women give birth to these brilliant men-start them out in a test tube-maybe more brilliant then? Since when does testosterone equal brains and a great delivery of the news.

April 4, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jane

Oh you are one of those women ... Just because you aren't good at anything, please don't assume all women are like you. B1tch.

April 4, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  166. oldhag

She is an old wrinkled hag. Time for her to move on and let some talent come on board. They should force people in their 70's to retire. If she is 70 she is damn close.

April 4, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

According to Wikipedia, Katie Couric was born born January 7, 1957. Which makes her nowhere near 70.

April 4, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Couric only dates darkies

Katy...take your cutsy little smile and go strait to hell your miserable little trol.

April 4, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • worried

Another idiot heard from. Some name you have.

April 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

I hate cowards.....you would never say that to her face...or wait, maybe you would, because you sure do sound like an a**hole! I love these people would sit behind a screen and spout their hateful *hit!!

April 4, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  168. susan

Katie can do whatever she wants. I wouldn't watch her no matter what she does. Her ego is way too big. Ask Lauer.

April 4, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Crockett Weather Central

Alright, armchair journalists, lotsa trite wisecracks, but Katie Courageous really has done a darn good job. It's a tall order to follow the footsteps of Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite, and Dan Rather. I'd love to see one of you wisenheimers in front of a green screen! Still, I think going back to talk TV and puff pieces is a lot less demanding, now that she's middle-aged...with women, we're kinda put out to pasture and out of anchoring, but as guys get older they get more "trustable" looking, that part of the biz hasn't changed, ever. Reminds me of Don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry"!

April 4, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Danimal

I totally forgot she was still reporting the news. No one I know watches her anyhow. She's better suited for cutsie talk shows than real news. Now Brian Williams...that's a news anchor.

April 4, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  171. anne

one can only hope she is leaving....man was she boring and since she is already part of state controlled media, why don't they just cancel the news as one doesn't get any news other than what the Obamination of this country wants to be reported.

April 4, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

Anne, you are one chromosome short of being a genuine, thinking human being.

April 4, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Barb

Yay. Now maybe I can watch CBS Evening News again if she does go.

April 4, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Daniel

I'm gald that I am just a poor working person who does'nt have to be judged on a daily basis for how you look and what you say .
    Katie is a grrrrreat news anchor and will be an even grrrreater talk show host .

April 4, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  174. GPS

You're late to the game CNN! Charles Krauthammer predicted this on the O'Reilly show three weeks ago! Although it wasn't much of a prediction! This has been in the works for some time now! Vacating her post is the industry way of saying " You're fired, we are not renewing your contract!!!"

April 4, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  175. kenny

I think she should go back and finish her interview with the "Bag Lady" from "Alaska. I had a bal watching that one.

April 4, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  176. nancie

Why does she always look so constipated ?

April 4, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  177. jb

Katie Couric will be remembered as one of evening news pioneer anchors. She's earned the right. Everyone has a right to speak, but one must earn a right to be listened too. Katie has earned that right.

April 4, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  178. Kenneth Long

Let us hope so, this is one of the most biased left-wing journalists ever. She deserves to have her own column and write ridiculously slanted books–sort of like Ann Coulter except Katie is more ugly and all the Botox in the world can't hide her age.

April 4, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  179. lolasmama

Who cares where she goes? Does anyone even watch her? A has been.

April 4, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  180. Charlie

I never caught onto Katie Couric as the lead anchor anyway .... she's okay, but I always thought Ann Curry would be a better candidate for such a job....

April 4, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

Too bad Bob Schieffer didn't look the part – he is an excellent journalist and did a fine job in the interim between Rather and Couric, certainly better than any of the other anchors of our day.

April 4, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • GPS

Unlike Katie, Ann Curry is not dumb enough to leave a good thing at NBC and walk over to CBS!

April 4, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • jj

Agree that Schieffer would have been great. He is the best major anchorman that never was.

April 4, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  181. sweetpea

She was a poor choice for CBS Evening news to start with! There are many FAR MORE qualified for that position... personally I would have liked to seen Meredith Viera.

April 4, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  182. Mary

work for Palin

April 4, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  183. Pat

Man, that picture is brutal.

April 4, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  184. mejazzbo

I don't see why Katie Couric didn't win the "Golden Harmonica" on Late Night with Craig Ferguson. After all, she did play "Shenandoah" on the mouth organ. A lady of many talents!

April 4, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  185. Sandy Bigman

It is probably time to move on. It wasn't a good fit from the beginning in the media's eyes. Of course it is easy to say she should have stayed on Today which is comfortable. But I admire her "chutzpah" to try something new. Life is short not to push yourself in new directions and she was able to market herself well. I wish Katie the best.

April 4, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Moonbeam

I wish her well, too. Diva or not, she helped to break the glass ceiling. Further, she is intelligent and well-informed. Despite her pixie appearance, she is a tenacious interviewer and does not let interviewees wiggle out of questions, as we all saw when she mopped the floor with Palin. Katie is the real "pit bull with lipstick," and I mean that as a compliment.

April 4, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  186. No Diva

I hope so. She is a non-talented femi-nutzi.

April 4, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  187. Vickie

I'll take Harry Smith... sure do miss him every morning!!

April 4, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  188. ME

Wow...she looks so old in this picture. Wonder when she will be getting plastic surgery?

April 4, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  189. Joseph

Whatever she does it better not require any journalistic talent. Ain't got none!

April 4, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  190. Judge Dredd

I am the law

April 4, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  191. OMG

I heard she is taking Charlie Sheen's role on Three and a half men.

April 4, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  192. Purveyor of Truth

Most of us will simply say,"Good-bye and good riddance," once she leaves. She's been an overated pimple since her days on NBC and continues to be a very low talented, over-payed ____________ .- (fill in the blank)

April 4, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Eric

Only a right winger could be so mean to a middle of the road journalist.

April 4, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • John

"middle of the road"? I guess you missed it, but that is the point. How many millions does she make? Who did the job before her?

April 4, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest

I agree 100% with you!

April 4, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

"Middle of the road?" You've got to be kidding!

April 4, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

I'm sure she's getting "payed" more than you...it's "paid"...go back to school and maybe you'll be "paid" a half decent wage..idiot!

April 4, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • dew44

I am a left-winger and I cannot stand this woman. Her false over-smile; I've never liked her. And frankly Harry Smith is a pompous twit too.

April 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  193. RollTheDice

Wow, some of you are really disgusting. As for your comments, how the hec do you even know?

April 4, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  194. @Really?

FOR SURE ! U ARE SOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!I HATE THEM LIARS !!!!

April 4, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • john

Another hillbilly heard from. Tell us – what lies have you heard? It is amazing to see the push the left has going on against the highest rated news network.
      How do I know it is coming from the left? Because if it were people on the right they would simply change the channel.

April 4, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

(chuckling) He is joking fool!

April 4, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laura

I watch CBS news and like Katy for the evening news. I also watch Fox and if you know anything it is
      that Fox is the highest rated News Program. Most of the news agencies other than fox will not express
      anything derrogatory against the President Obama. Other news agencies are quick to call anyone that
      says anything against our presidents policies a racist and have dont so numerous times. It is our rights
      as americans to criticize our government if we choose.

April 4, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Painter2b

I guess, uh, uh, what I, uh, don't like, what I don't like, uh, about, ummm, Fox is-uh, is-uh, is-uh, that, um ya-know, that, a goodly number of, uh, the, uh, uh.... uh, anchors and um, so-called, ya-inow, um, Professional Journal-Journalists on the, uuuhhh, evening new, are uh, ya-know, they, uhmmm, just can't-uh, seem to, umm form a complete, ya-know, uh thought in a way that-uh, would have gotten them, uh, failed, er uh, uh, um, gotten them a failing grade, uh, in my, um, freshman high-uh high school "Journalism I" class. ... Back to, uh, you....

April 4, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Really?

What does looks have to do with the news? Oh wait, A LOT, that's why I don't watch Fox & Freaks!! Talk about UGLY little peeps, who are full of BIG lies!

April 4, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Please share with us the "lies" you have heard on fox? BTW, you must be blind if you think the women on that network are not nice looking.

April 4, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  196. B lo

Lmao katy has never been cute

April 4, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  197. yeah

yeah. i think so.

April 4, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  198. Head Diva In Charge

Is she in line to be the new "Oprah"? Is she in line to be the new "Oprah"?

April 4, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

Nice post! Nice post!

not

April 4, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Katie's Hot

She's in line to be the next Rachel Ray: talentless getting by on perk.

April 4, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • MarciaMarcia

I have a feeling this is a polite way of letting her go- the network will announce publicly that it was her decision so she is not embarrassed, but chances are they don't want to keep her because her ratings were not living up to the hype and she has a reputation for being a diva.

April 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • susan

to the posters below, LOL, while you sit there bashing her for having no talent and calling her brain dead/blinky lets not forget that her interview with Sarah Palin brought out the utter idiot in Palin. So who is the brain dead female? hmm?

April 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • superjesse

yes... she is leaving to be Hillary Clinton's new press secretary when she announces she will run for 2012 ..

April 4, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

Ann Curry should have got the job in the first place. Couric is an untalented boob.

April 4, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie Roherty

Why is everyone so mean? She has feelings you know.

April 4, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

Good bye Kate! I stopped watching the CBS Evening News when she took over. She is annoying and not enjoyable to watch at all!

April 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don

I stopped watching the CBS Evening News when Dan Rather left.

April 4, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

I think they should change news anchors every few months with fresh faces. They could get any "Monkey" to read the news.

April 4, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

Who cares, as long as she leaves. She's an idiot.

April 4, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ann

She is so shallow and rude I wish she would just drop off the face of the earth.

April 4, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joshua77478

Look, Americans far and wide have made it clear that a liberal mouthpiece at the helm of the nightly news is not what they want. Take for instance Greta Van Susteren on FoxNews...her ratings soar! Women can make it...just liberal blow hards like Katie can't! Goodbye Katie...and good rids! :)

April 4, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

If CBS is looking for a ratings boost they should replace Katie with Charlie (Sheen). Let HIM host the evening news and watch what happens; mind you, the ratings boost may only be temporary.

April 4, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • vickchick

She is kinda boring but likeable.

April 4, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • NELSON

I loved Katie on The Today show, not so much on the evening news. Katie, go back to Matt, you had good chemistry.

April 4, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • wendy

I lost all respect for Katie after she slammed Sarah Palin. Now I am not a Sarah fan, but that was downright awful what she did to her on national TV. She always seems depressed. Not a fan. Don't care where she goes.

April 4, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael Quinn

She is quietly in love with Dennis Rodman. She met him at a nightclub in Newport Beach and the two of them are deeply in love. As the story goes, Dennis wants Katie to get some totoo's and a nose ring and she has told him that she is in with his lifestyle. She will accompany him to the NBA Hall of Fame dinner. Those of you who do not believe this will be shocked when it comes to fruition.

April 4, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patrick Winslow

Come on, everyone knew she's sucked on the Evening News. She's says CBS was 3rd before she got there, and it's still 3rd – which means didn't help any.

April 6, 2011 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
  199. nana

You are a sicko! Stick to the subject MORON!

April 4, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  200. stejo

what in the holy hell is wrong with you?

April 4, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Tony

Thanks for verifying my point, sad little person

April 4, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |