Has Simon Cowell found another 'X Factor' judge?
April 4th, 2011

Has Simon Cowell found another 'X Factor' judge?

One more seat has reportedly been filled at the judges' table for "The X Factor."

PopEater reports that British pop singer Cheryl Cole will bring her act across the pond as the latest judge for the American version of Simon Cowell's talent competition.

The rumor is that newly-appointed judge Antonio "L.A." Reid told British publication The Sun that Cole has been tapped to continue the role she currently has as a judge on the British version of the show.

"We're gonna compete against 'American Idol' just fine," Reid reportedly said. "I'm very confident. But along with Simon Cowell and Cheryl, I don't know who the other judge is."

Cole, who is a singer/songwriter, knows all about talent competitions. She became a member of the group Girls Aloud via the U.K. reality show "Popstars: The Rivals" and has been a judge on the original "X Factor" since 2008.

But according to a rep for Cole, “The stories are all speculation." The rep added to CNN that "no comment has been made," and Fox also declined to comment.

1. designer handbags at low prices

Hello there I will be so happy I found your web site, I seriously identified you by mistake, while I was observing on yahoo for something else, Anyway I will be right here now and would likely like to say say thanks to for a tremendous submit as well as a all round entertaining blog site. Please do carry on the truly amazing work.
    designer handbags at low prices http://www.hotbestsbags.com

October 27, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mary in San Francisco

no way, we do not need another Paula A , she was a drunk old woman in Amereican Idol, she is yesterday news already. we need new people , but American people if we are going to watch Simon's new show.

April 6, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  3. Ellizabeth

The invasion of the British, like we do not have enough already with the mean-spirited Simon Cowell. With all the good talent with have here in America why import another good for nothing British. I am so happy SImon Cowell is not part of American Idol anymore, he was mean, nasty and disgusting human being.

April 6, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. whisper

@Whisper 2
    fact of the matter is is that she does have a criminal record & like I said its nice to know that America will give anyone who has a criminal record a work permit/let them in America.
    Also shes been trying now for a few years to "break" America. I guess if she does get on the show she finally sucked enuff c0ck to "make" it.

My hatred towards this stupid broad aside......
    Unless you either know/listen to GA or you watch The X Factor know one knows who Cheryl is.
    Its a bad choice to have a British singer who is "unknown" in the states to judge an American show.

She damages her own rep for being a b!tch who thinks shes queen sh!t in the UK pop world.

April 5, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. Whisper 2

@ Whisper, What a very sad and parthetic human being must you be. Yes she had a fight with a bathroom attendant, which must be a very big mistake on her part, but then again got punished for it by the law. Then again 8 years after the incident, we still get jealous misrable human beings like youself who would do anything in other to make others look bad, and damaging thier reputation by bringing up thier past misatakes,once you find out that they've becoming more sucessful than you ever thought they would be. Geez go do something better with your live.

April 5, 2011 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. Whisper 2

April 5, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  7. whisper

If the Tweedy bird becomes a judge its nice to know that America will let in anyone these days who has a criminal record.

April 4, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sue

I hope this isn't true. Cheryl is a nobody with no success in the US and no talent. She was no business judging American singers.
    Simon should pick Paula and another female that has had success in the US such as Shania, or Mariah, or even Jessica.

April 4, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Head Diva In Charge

I have no life so all I do is watch tV. i need a man bad!I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY i cant get a man. we can hang oiut with Rover my dog and what tv and eat popcorn all night and then I can get me some.

April 4, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Head Diva In Charge

I have no life so all I do is watch tV. i need a man bad!

April 4, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. whos you?

you all are a waste. this is all cr@p. do us all a favor and stop breathing.

April 4, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. The Big Lebowski

madhater, just come out of the closet already! We already know about the week you spent in San Francisco during Gay Pride week!

April 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. madhater

I didn't read the article, sounds f@ggoty.

April 4, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. madhater

Hell, and I hope justin f@ggot timberlake is your devil.

April 4, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. madhater

Seriously I can't believe most of you idiots pay attention to this garbage, and actually enjoy it. I just f around on here cause it is comedy for my soul. Most of you are huge F@gs!

April 4, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. madhater

Who are you people?

April 4, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. sHEE

that's a lame choice for a judge. I hope it's not true

April 4, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Bella

Cheryl's so much better than Paula. She gives Si a taste of his own medicine without being completely off her head.

April 4, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. James

I really want Cheryl Cole on the panel, you would be surprised how many people know who she is.

April 4, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. marcus

I like old Simon. Sonetimes he hurts peoples feelings but he seems ok.

April 4, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. tom

I hope Simon will be a judge. Surely he will since it is his show. He is funny.

April 4, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  22. lumen

yeah. we want paula back. her or a pretty nekked lady.

April 4, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Head Diva In Charge

Since no one really knows who she is, this won't be a big draw. Find me another Paula.

April 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Head Diva In Charge

Who cares! I am going to give up tv and start jogging so I can lose weight. Being a single woman I need to lose weight so I can get a man.

April 4, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. LoJenkins

Need Proof that American Idol is/was fake?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]