'Rock of Ages' movie finds its leading man
April 2nd, 2011

'Rock of Ages' movie finds its leading man

The "Rock of Ages" movie has hit another high note: The upcoming big-screen adaptation of the popular Broadway musical has finally found its leading man.

According to Vulture, Diego Gonzalez Boneta will play the role of aspiring rocker Drew Bowie in the '80s-era flick. Boneta, who began his career as a singer in Mexico, previously appeared as pop star Javier Luna on "90210" and country-club employee Alex Santiago on "Pretty Little Liars."

As Marquee already reported, "Rock of Ages" tells the story of small-town girl Sherrie (Julianne Hough), who moves to Hollywood with dreams of being an actress. She takes a job at the Bourbon Room, which is owned by Dennis Dupree (Alec Baldwin), and catches the eye of Drew (Boneta).

After she has an affair with bad-boy rocker Stacee Jaxx (Tom Cruise), an upset Drew gets her fired and Sherrie takes a job as a stripper at a gentleman's club owned by Justice (Mary J. Blige). Sherrie eventually gives up exotic dancing to find true love.

Are you looking forward to the "Rock of Ages" movie?

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Tom Cruise

1. Used Cisco Reseller

It's the best time to make a few plans for the long run and it's time to be happy. I have learn this post and if I may I wish to recommend you some fascinating things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles regarding this article. I want to learn more things approximately it!

June 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Wordpresss SEO

Thank you for the good writeup. It actually used to be a amusement account it. Glance advanced to more introduced agreeable from you! By the way, how could we keep in touch?

June 16, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. blond

wondering how much Ryan seacrest has to pay juliann to be his pretend girlfried. we all know what a gay
    old soul he is. she has class, beauty and brains. guess she is the total package

April 4, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. marian

Hey, i heard that there were racist latinos out there and we finally heard from one.giving you a heads up ole its taco day,this country is a melting pot of different cultures.and no race is superior over another.
    So work hard take care of your family and live your life and keep the hate remarks to yourself! Life is too short

April 4, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Ole' its a taco day

You listen up you piece of whitebread. My forefathers owned this land we we Mexicans are gonna take it back. YOU will be working at taco bell not us. The revolution is here!!!! ARIBA! I bet your taco STINKS!

April 4, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ole' its a taco day

I about time you greasy americans recognize the SUPERIOR latinos for what we are. We are takin over the film industry anu cant stop us. We are coming out from behind the taco bell counter to rid this country of you smelly white folks. We comin for you also, blackie.

April 4, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  6. yeah

be nice folks

April 4, 2011 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. jackie oh

I iz also gay and support fruits like tommy cruise! I love to hook up with lezbos and mow some box! Let's get bizzy!!!

April 4, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. Tink

Diego Boneta is not only a good looking but a great singer, he is young but Im sure this is just the beginning for him to start shinning.....a TRUE STAR!!!!!!

April 3, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jackie oh

that tom cruise sure is a homer. homerseckshul that is. i remember several years ago when his acting thing was going sour. he came to work in the recieving department in the fudge factory. them little keebler elves were giving him a hard time until one day he just got tired of all the ribbing. he lined up all the elves and had the biggest fudge packing party of all time. all the elves joined in. even lil timmy with the lame leg. so much fudge was packed it started coming out tommy cruises mouth. he was the hero and saved the fudge packing adventure. thank you tommy cruise. you are the hero.

April 3, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mr white

I'm disappointed that Charlie Sheen is not playing Drew.

April 3, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Arnold Ziffle

Sounded promising until I saw the names Tom Cruise and Mary J. Blige. I won't even waste a dollar when it comes to Red Box.

April 3, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ZeebleZub

She must be a midget if Cruise is going to be a co-star.

April 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Targeted Individual

Watch a Pre-January 8th copy of Inception. Listen closely when the actors say imagine, reality, and safe, or point pistols. You'll hear the words, Loughner, offin' her, part of the word Giffords, and much more. Some say they hear, do it.

April 3, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  14. Head Diva In Charge

Im so drunk i cant even typp. me grand pa had me n and have sure a headache frome me head been bashed aganist the headboard...pape do me go

April 3, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. DLM

I am disappointed that Keanu Reeves is not playing Drew Bowie !

April 3, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  16. Ann

Other than the casting of Drew, this whole cast has me cringing. I have no interest in the movie whatsoever. All the casting directors are doing is looking for "big" names rather than looking for the right people. I hate when this happens.

April 2, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Head Diva In Charge

Lol..yo yo yo...maybe the b***h should have respect when she talk about people in other states. She watches Jersey shore and she had the nerve to think that everyone in Jersey is like the pigs on that show and that we all talked nasal! Eye for and eye.

April 2, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  18. madhater

This movie sounds wack.

April 2, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. B lo

@ The fake head diva in charge. Are you that disappointed in your life as a fat lez bo that cant another fat le bo that you have to come with this racist crap on every blog you cant even come up with your own screen name you have to hijack another. Useless fat racist coward this forum is for intelligent comments not ramblings of some backwood offspring of sister and brother/cousins

April 2, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. yeah

My tv conked out this morning. Thankfully the income tax $ was back in. We ordered the Samsung 55 inch 3D LED LCD tv with the 240 refresh rate. Hope it will be a good one. Its the 7000 model. Our old tv lasted 8 years. It was one of the old style Sony Wega big screens. I sure hope we like the new one as much as we loved the old one. We hope everyone is having a super happy weekend.

April 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  21. elainec

Very disappointed that Constantine is not playing Drew.

April 2, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. @Head Diva

You really are a demented person and should seek help.

April 2, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Rock N Roller

Never heard of Boneta. You'd think that they'd put someone more well known in the lead. Well I'm sure it'll be a really good movie. He has alot of well known stars to back him up.

April 2, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Minerva

Diego Gonzalez is a talented Mexican singer-songwriter-actor. He's been working so hard to get what he deserves. Give him a chance, "El sol sale para todos", as we say in Mexico.

April 9, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  24. Head Diva In Charge

I was really wishing that my little Constantine would do it. Can't beat and American Idol alum.

April 2, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |