The great WoW robbery on 'The Big Bang Theory'
April 1st, 2011

The great WoW robbery on 'The Big Bang Theory'

You knew that Sheldon would eventually get cyber-bullied sooner or later.

Thursday night's episode of "The Big Bang Theory" saw our socially-awkward hero horrified to find his "World of Warcraft" account had been hacked. The police were called immediately, but of course they don't have jurisdiction in "WoW."

As Sheldon explained to Leonard, "What choice did I have? The mighty Sheldor, level 85 blood elf, hero of the Eastern kingdoms has been picked clean, like a carcass in the desert sun. Plus, the FBI hung up on me."

Soon, his friends swung into action to help him recover it all. Sheldon put it all into perspective: "Three thousand hours clicking on that mouse, collecting weapons and gold. It's almost as if it was a huge waste of time."

In the meantime, Penny leaned on Amy Farrah-Fowler and Bernadette as she bemoaned the fact that she transformed Leonard into great boyfriend material, only to see Priya scoop him up. Of course, the highlight of all of this was Amy being offered a drink: "Ah, here's the alcohol and drug peer pressure Mother warned me about. I was beginning to think that it would never happen. Yes, please!"

As for Priya herself, she started to grow exasperated with Leonard's determination to rescue nonexistent possessions, though Leonard may have stepped over the line by getting Raj to lie for him about his whereabouts. This won't end well.

In happier news, Sheldon got his stuff back, but it took more than a Klingon bat'leth to get it. Never underestimate the power of a Nebraskan kick to the perpetrator's groin, courtesy of Penny, who announced, "Today's the day a girl's finally going to touch you in your little special place!"

Your turn, "BBT" fans: Did you have any favorite moments from the episode? iReport or comment all about them below.

Filed under: Big Bang Theory • television • TV recaps

1. LondanridgeHasFallen

what was the name of the song they were playing in the car that Sheldon said " We are winged furry gentlemen."

November 18, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ?

Never watched this show, can't comment. The name of this show is correct, if you know what I mean.

April 4, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sunshine Girl

I watch tv, but not those cheesy sitcoms, that have those fake laugh tracks. I think I know when something is funny or not. Dont need a promt to tell me what is suppossedly funny. Ill take a Dateline/20 20/48 Hrs Mystery show any day, over that cr*p!

April 3, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • dtcpr

you have obviously not seen this show. it does not need a laugh track. By far, this is one of the funniest shows on TV :)

April 11, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. yellowmagicorchestra

This is probably the worst show in existence. Does CBS show anything worth watching?

April 3, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • trollhunter

You are probably the dumbest poster in existence. Go dig a hole.

April 4, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  5. gorgrin

Why didnt he contact gm in wow very good at getting things back but then i guess it wouldnt have been good show . live on for the human warlocks. Undead rock

April 3, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Jen

Yeah! He should have totally contacted GM. BAM! Issue fixed.
      I don't watch the show, nor will I, but there's always an easier way.

I agree with some of the earlier comments – GET AN AUTHENTICATOR!!!

April 3, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • trollhunter

Well in reality, they have a special link for people who are hacked now, usually people get there stuff back within 24 hours. Chinese gold farmers working hard to steal accounts. Authenticator is a must. Apparently Blizzard is not amused with this episode, they delete every thread about it on the WOW website.
      But for this episode, it was hilarious the way they played it out. I love the black market Inn they supposedly went to. Awesome episode.
      They used Age of Conan in a episode a few years ago, glad they used a real game this time. AOC sucks.
      For the Horde!

April 4, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. Martyr2

Favorite part was when Wolowitz told Raj that he should stop dropping his sword and bending over to pick it up multiple times. Totally hilarious!

April 2, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mejazzbo

This is one very funny TV show. There are so few worth watching so they will probably take it off the air soon.

April 2, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. B lo

Is priya that pron star priya rai

April 2, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. yeah

I dont watch network tv (abc, nbc, cbs). I find it amazing that anyone still does. There are hundreds of channels and programs out there. Why limit yourself to bland blaaah shows created by network hacks ?

April 2, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  10. sasha

Loved the episode. I think priya would make excellent gf material but for someone else. She obviously disapproves of almost everything leonard does. Why does she want a man when all she wants to do is change him. tsk tsk tsk rookie mistake

April 2, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. Wolfpack

I've never seen this show, but I might start watching now, if they are addressing such serious subjects as WoW account hacking. Once upon a time, I played WoW(I mean "played" in the loosest sense of the word. "Lived" might better describe my habit). I quit the day my account got hacked and never looked back. Thanks Monsieur Hacker, for giving me my life back!

April 2, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  12. Bill & Ted

Yawn! Next!

April 1, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sandy Hendrickson

Personally I liked the exchange between the cop and Sheldon. It was hysterical !!!

April 1, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. T

Liked the line and the following kick to the 'nads to the cyber-bully.
    Penny is like a mini-Xena.

April 1, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Liz

I love that Raj's character on WOW is a woman, and that apparently she is a tramp!!!

April 1, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. RIG

I consider this show to be a public service announcement.
    Never give your WoW password away and please use an authenticator.
    And, of course, For the Horde!

April 1, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Head Diva In Charge

As usual, GREAT episode. And it was nice to see Sheldon need the help of his friends!

April 1, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  18. anonymousbait

Should a troll who comments on a show he hates be shot as well?

April 4, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |