'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Should Star Jones be 'fired'?
April 1st, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Should Star Jones be 'fired'?

Talk about controversy! Star Jones has certainly stirred the pot on “Celebrity Apprentice.”

She’s battled with “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes, and has even accused Lisa Rinna of badmouthing her! What gives?

Well, Star is going to be on our show tonight in a not-to-be missed "Showbiz Tonight" Newsmaker interview with Brooke Anderson. She'll open up about her relationship with Barbara Walters – and whether she’d ever go back on “The View.”

I also want to know what you think: Should Star Jones be fired on “Celebrity Apprentice”? Post your thoughts below.

Be sure to join me live at 5 p.m. ET on "Showbiz Tonight" and again at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. willy wiggles

Strong woman my ass, Star Jones is a kniving back stabbing self centered ass! Her kniving finally caught up with her. You reap what you soe. She hasbeen fired from more all of her jobs because she doesn't know when to shut up! Strong is not the word I would use for her either.

May 9, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. Akiner

Star Jones should be fired because of the way she pits people against one another and she uses her lawyer to manipulate the situation no matter how wrong she is, especially on 4/24/2011 she designed the ad she thought of the concept and she did everything to make it so that she looks like everyone but her messed up she should be fired.

April 24, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pjay

Yes Star Jones should be fired and while your at it fire NeNe Leaks toooo.

April 18, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kelly Girl

I think STAR needs to GO home.

April 7, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. Bible Clown

People actually watch that crap?

April 6, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. Vicki

Star Jones makes people physically ILL, including myself. I stopped watching the View when she was on & turned off the Apprentice as well. As soon as she lets fired, I'll watch again. Not only should she be fired, but It would behoove the African-American community to exile her to a planet far far away. She is a waste of TV time to be sure. If I were a physical person, I'd beat the black right out of her...but I'm not, so I'll let someone else have at it! Any takers? I got cash! hehehe

April 4, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. David B

And, you were probably looking in the mirror talking to yourself when you wrote that statement. Seems like you can take some lessons from Star, too.

April 4, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. David B

No, I don't think Star Jones should be fired. Nor do I think she is rude. I think she is a strong, skillful, intelligent and classy woman (black or white) and those qualities are intimidating to a lot of people. I hope she wins! Nene on the other hand, is embarrassing. I guess money can't take the ghetto out of a hood rat.

April 4, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Donald Trump

Star Jones is very good. I like her.

April 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. David Band Sarasota

We feel this is an important Role person for our children to look up to.

April 4, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Claudie

I like Star for being a Strong black woman, butthat has nothing to do with her on CA. Her personality stinks, i agree with Ella, Fire her ass off the show, she thinks she is a Diva. Doesn't even know how to get paint off her hands. Thanks to NeNe, tell her like it is!!!!! No damnsugar coating for the Diva Star Jones, get lost.

April 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. No Nene Fan

Would you take Nene calling you a "You're a low down dirty monkey with a wig on like she did Kim? Can I sell the tickets please? Take her out once an for all Star!

April 4, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  13. D.T.

KayKayKayalltheway. Too funny. Obviously too many did not understand the KKK reference to white bedsheets. Too funny. I think many viewers expect Star to verbalize like one of their ignorant neighbors. Come on, I saw where she was going with her planning. Too bad that mental skill isn't prevalent in the nation. People are clooking at her as a package and forget about the brainy ability.

I really did not plan to get into this sort of dialogue, but ignorant people get on my very last nerve. Zip it up if you really don't have anything worthy of print. I'll sign off now because ther is a lot to talk about. How about Donald Trump's raciist "birther" rant about the President's birth place? He is alleging that the president is not acitizen of the U.S. and doesn't give any rationale for it.

OH well.

April 3, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. QuasarJones

She shouldn't even be on the show. She's not a celeb in the first, just another fool deliberately stirring up controversy to get her name out there, I mean a Lawyer, for the "Star Gazers"

April 3, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. worth

hell yea fire that getto wig wearing B _ t _ h she shows her true color on that show

April 3, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Targeted Individual

Watch a Pre-January 8th copy of Inception. Listen closely when the actors say imagine, reality, and safe, or point pistols. You'll hear the words, Loughner, offin' her, part of the word Giffords, and much more. Some say they hear, do it.

April 3, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  17. Head Diva In Charge

Huh? i didn't get that joke.

April 2, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Kay/Kay/Kay All The Way

Since you liked my other 2 jokes so well, heres another 1 for you. Ok? After Obama was elected President, the stocks/profits of Bed Bath & Beyond went sky high. Do you know why? Because they had a ron on all the white sheets! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

April 2, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • marty

I didn't get your moronic joke either. Grow up and learn to write better jokes. You wouldn't make it as a stand up comedian... Thank our lucky stars!!!

April 3, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • loquisha shaniqua

Why cant Obama get releeceted? Ever here of a brotha holdina job more then 4 years! Sheeeet!

April 3, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bible Clown

What, like a ronald reagan? Why is a ron funny, on sheets or not? How about a dubya on sheets, that do it for ya?

April 6, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  19. Al Sharptongue

Lemme ax you a question: When you fools gonna quit hatin' on us colored folks? We can't hep bein' who we is.

April 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • shazamm

Sure nuff! It taint nobdees bidness my owns! We be hate in cause we gots the whites house in DC! Booya brotha!

April 3, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ponty mython

She may be a strong black woman, but she is an obnoxious egocentric biotch that thinks her shiit dont stink. How does she fit that massive ego through a doorway? Can't stand the woman, never saw anything she was in until now. The Trumpster will let her go to the end, just for ratings.

April 2, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  21. @ Corperate Woman

I totally agree with you. You know they say that those people have no soul? I guess they dont have a brain either. Go figure.

April 2, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  22. sarah

I swear u would think in 2011... most of the racist bs would be over... I dont understand why people live life like that.. she may be an aggressive women..but she is also successful..how about you?

April 2, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • latoonya jones

Black people play the race card when they have no other defense. She's stupid mean and ugly – regardless of how many face lifts (bad job) or tummy tucks or gay guys she marries for show! her skin color is no issue. But notice how she complains about all the white women!! So whos the racist now?

April 3, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. The Donald

The only way I'd hire Star Jones is if she can find me a freakin' hair stylist to fix my "tornado comb-over" so I don't continue to look like somebody gave me a "swirly"!

April 2, 2011 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  24. GW Snark

Best not to repeat the same old stupid joke. Put some thought into it, man. Star Jones is such an easy target. Rude, loud and bossy is how some people approach being assertive. Not the best way to get in good with Donald.

April 2, 2011 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  25. Head Diva In Charge

Lol..im guessing u r a pro

April 2, 2011 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  26. The Yewgly Forrest

@The Yewgly Stick, Star Jones ran through my forrest and didn't miss a tree going in and coming out...ugly is skin deep, hers is to the bone(Yewgly). The only thing strong and real about Star Jones is the river bank fish smell from her body and breath.

April 2, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • marty

what are you talking about? What a stupid remark you made...If you are going after the person's actions then you can comment about that but to actually strip the person for no apparent reason except to bad mouth her for her looks is downright childish and quite immature...

April 3, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. The Yewgly Stick

Star Jones got beat on with me at a young age. She was always destined to be stupid and ugly! Damn! the girl still thinks the world is flat!

April 1, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Superhiro

Maybe I'm off base here, as admittedly I've never seen the Apprentice or Celebrity Apprentice, but isn't that show about finding who would be best for a job or something? In which case, why would her being rude or, ugly be grounds for her being fired?

April 1, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • sugar501

No it is not about getting a job, its about raising money for charities, and haveing good business sense which Ms. Jones does have, people hate on her because she is a natural born leader (alot like the Donald) and knows how to use her knowledge to get what she wants, people who are less educated usually feel very intimadated by that especially from people of color!!

April 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ELLA

She is rude. Sure she should be fired.

April 1, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tree

You have not watch the show, she is not rude....she is a very smart lady she wants to win, so what is wrong with that? She ranks in money like there is not tomorrow......

April 4, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  30. tina munn

big fan of apprentice and people need 2 beware because star jones is a force to be reckoned with she is a very strong woman and maybe the reason she might come off as pushy or overbearing is because she is a leader and knows how to work what she has to get what she wants she will b in the finals

April 1, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Superhiro

Isn't everybody on that show awful?

April 1, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • wendy

Yeah, they are all awful and that is why we need Star as an interest factor. NeNe is no better than Star.

April 4, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  32. idridden

She really is so awful on the show. I hate her passive aggressiveness, more than her blatant aggressiveness. An awful, awful woman, indeed.

April 1, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Head Diva In Charge

I like Star Jones. Most of the white people treat her bad on the show because she is a strong black woman. Nena is saying bad things about her because she is jelouse of her. Nene wish she can lose weight and look as good as Star.

April 1, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • erica

@Head Diva In Charge.. really you are going to make this about weight...

April 1, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • latisha

Black isnt the issue you fool. She's a b**ch in any color! too full of herself

April 3, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • dm

Star Jones is definitely not beautiful. In fact she was better looking before she lost the weight. Now she has a washed out, sunken look about the eyes. But then I've always heard, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

April 4, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  34. jurby

i don't watch Celebrity Apprentice, so i really don't care if Trump fires her or not. BUT i did see an interview last night with Lisa Rinna, Nene Leakes and LaToya Jackson and they all called Star "bossy and manipulative". news flash for you Lisa, Nene and LaToya – Star is a license lawyer, so yeah, she's going to use all her lawyer manipulation skills to get what she wants!

April 1, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Superhiro

Yea... actually Starr Jones doesn't represent all black people. You know, just like Cletus the slack jawed yokel doesn't represent all white people. Good job making a fool out of yourself thouh.

April 1, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cletus the slack-jawed yokel

Duh, I are gonna vote for saRah Pall lin becoz she id just like me she is the smartet peron in the whole nepublican. so there smarty an Obmama is a from kenya person ans. I had jello today.

April 6, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  36. Another on of you people

Why cant you people behave. Ya get a little money and act like ya strait outa compton which mentally you all are. You all are mentally ill.

April 1, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your White Daddy

I would like to kick Star in her big fat @ss.

April 4, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Haf Dolla

Stah Jone booful. I wub huh spoor til 2 foe it b dat time u b say an I wienuh she pots all high. Din I take a poo poo un huh chess.

April 4, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  37. Pam Day

And you are obviously a bottom feeder, lower than a worm and probably toothless, fat, with green teeth (the few you have) and you smell like the crap you crawl around in.

April 2, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |