'Idol' Top 11 elimination night will bring double trouble
March 31st, 2011

'Idol' Top 11 elimination night will bring double trouble

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

8:58 p.m. – This is it.

The contestant who is safe is ... (drum roll please).

PAUL!!

Naima and Thia are out!

Lauren is devastated. Naima and Thia are all smiles watching a retrospective of their time on the show. Hugs all around, and Thia has tears streaming as the judges come up and Randy tells her to "Keep going. Keep going. You are so talented."

8:50 p.m. - What is going on with the food songs tonight on "Idol?"

Jamie Foxx and Will.i.am perform "Hot Wings." Who got next with their new single "Nachos and Cheese?"

Good grief.

8:41 p.m. – So we have heard about it, and now we get to see it.

Stefano, James, Paul and Casey have formed a group in the house called "Band on the Run." Steven Tyler says they can open next year for Aerosmith. I would so hold him to that.

First up is Casey. Ryan tells him that if he knew how many votes he got, he would be proud. Our Casey is safe!

Next up as safe is James. That leaves Paul and Stefano. Who is in the bottom three?

Paul! Stefano is safe.

So Paul joins Thia and Naima on the hot seats. I think I know how this will go.

8:39 p.m. – Dang!

The "Idol" mansion has an issue with leaking water when it rains. That's insane. That house is so dope, and it should not be messed up like that.

Love the footage from last night after Casey got saved. Watching him break down and cry backstage is so touching, and you feel the love from the other contestants when they link back up. I love this group!

8:37 p.m. - Hey Kris Allen! What a cutey.

Being an "American Idol" contestant is lots of work and loads of fun it seems. They perform at a charity event and get to meet Muhammad Ali. That is awesome!

8:28 p.m. - Next up Thia, Pia and Haley sing "Teenage Dream."

Sorry, but The Warblers on "Glee" officially own that Katy Perry song now. The trio look adorable though.

Right into the results. And who is in the bottom three?

Not Pia. Our glam girl is safe!

That leaves Haley and Thia and our bottom three contestant is...

Thia!

Haley is safe. She needs to send Elton John a muffin basket.

8:23 p.m. - Let me start by saying I love Fantasia. I really do.

But her new single is titled "Collard Greens and Cornbread?" Only you Tasia. And now I am hungry.

For the folks who will comment that she looks like she has been enjoying her fair portion of collards and cornbread, know that she is reportedly bulking up to play gospel singer Mahalia Jackson.

Fanny gives a shout out to Steven Tyler. Who doesn't love that dude?

8: 15 p.m. – Our next duet is Jacob and Naima, who sing Ashford & Simpson's "Solid as a Rock."

They have a little bit of choreography, and they work it. Go Mantasia and Naima!

Right into the results, and Mantasia keeps his eyes closed awaiting the results. One is in the bottom three, and the other is safe.

The person in the bottom three is ... Naima.

Jacob is safe!

8:14 p.m. – Haley and Casey are sitting next to each other. There are rumors that they might have a love connection, so hmmmm.

James shows off one of the many gifts he has received from fans - a custom-made WWE championship belt engraved "Crazy James." That's cute!

8:07 p.m. - Seacrest isn't wasting any time. We hop right into the results with Scotty and Lauren.

And after the nationwide vote, our new dynamic duo are safe!

Cue Lauren's parents clapping and hugging. They have a right to be proud of their little girl. And YAY for Scotty too!

8:05 p.m. – Now here's something different. Lauren and Scotty duet on "I Told You So."

They are cute singing together and sound great harmonizing. I dig it!

8:03 p.m. - Over 55 million votes this week peeps.

Seacrest has the hair slicked down tonight and me likey. It's a touch "Mad Men." Haute.

8 p.m. – The show just started and two people are going home tonight.

According to the opening, we won't believe who is getting cut. Let's go!

1. Targeted Individual

Watch a Pre-January 8th copy of Inception. Listen closely when the actors say imagine, reality, and safe, or point pistols. You'll hear the words, Loughner, offin' her, part of the word Giffords, and much more. Some say they hear, do it.

April 3, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. AL Fan

By What I said before, what the good singers are,James, Pia, Casey and Jacob. LETS GO JAMES! Sorry. I think Connor's right.

April 1, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. James Sucks!

APRIL FOOLS! James does not suck. Plus, I can Joke cause I am only 8.

April 1, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Paul Sucks!

I think James will win idol. or Pia

April 1, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Leet

Randy, you are the one who wants to see Thia go and now you are saying ""Keep going. Keep going. You are so talented." After all you had been said to Thia. It is TOO LATE for that BS Randy. Any she will be OK. People like you made it why can she..

April 1, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. PAUL CWIAKALA

JUDGES GET REAL STOP THE LOVE FEST PAULS THE WORST EVER JACOB REALLY ELTON JOHN WAS GREAT NEXT DO BILLY JOEL

April 1, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Head Diva In Charge

The right two people went home. I hate to say it – because they seem like lovely ladies, but they just didn't hold up to the talent that is there. My next bets are Stephano and Paul.

April 1, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. jeff2007

Too bad for Thia. Naima however, thank you thank you thank you America as she was terrible and had no singing talent whatsoever. There were so many better singers than her that didn't make it through.

April 1, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bettina

I knew Naimi would go home tonite, but I thought the other one would be Paul, I loved Thia's voice, but I know she is only 15 years old , and has many years ahead of her. Paul to me is on thin ice and I question Jacob, not that he isnt talented, but he has to cut the drama and tone it down. Im really liking Lauren's voice....

April 1, 2011 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  10. AI Fan

JESUS! When are the gonna have some real stars perform? Jeez, 1/2 the contestants are better than the actual pros. Sad shape of music today. Maybe the new AI winner can bring something new to music. Personally I think Carrie Underwood was the best/more successful past AI winner. Why dont they have her on the show? She is way better than Fantasia/Jennifer Hudson put together. Cant wait to see who the winner is gonna be. Great judges. Great show. I hope James wins. Hes awesome. Pia #2. Go rock guys!

April 1, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. Sunshine Girl

Im glad that Im not the only one who noticed how mu h Fantasia has blown up. Shes huge! And that red dress was a real poor wardrobe choice. It made her look even bigger. The food songs sucked too. whats up with that?Probaby b/c it was n!gger nite. WOW! Glad Naiama and that wannabe African or Jamaican or whatever it is she thinks she is, is gone. She never shouldve made it that far. For reals. Cant stand her at all. Haley needs to go next. She is way worse than Thia. That crosseyed cartoon thing isnt cute.

April 1, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. lana

Someone get this message to James Durbin, you need to sing the WHO's QUADROPHENIA- Love, Reign O'er Me

April 1, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  13. ahemahem

The real news is that I am a gay fruit! I really want to get rammed in da pooper by a big ol meat stick!!

March 31, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mike

Miss Pia Ballad..haha is so boring...She needs to go next week.

March 31, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. TampaBayOldie

As much as I like Paul ... he should have gone home! Every week .. each of his songs sound alike. Hope he makes some changes or he won't be so lucky next week!

March 31, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Connor

Thank you Robert!

March 31, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Connor

I think Paul should already voted off. Lets go JAMES!

March 31, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ahemahem

Is this news?

March 31, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

Yes! That's why it's in the "Entertainment" catagory! You go to CNN.com, you click on, entertainment, then you click on this link, just to say that?!?! Seriouslly! Why are you here again? O yeah, you were looking for "news"! Note sarcasm...

April 1, 2011 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  19. Robert Zamora

Paul CAN'T SING, why oh why is he even still on the show...oh wait...he has some sort of Rembrandt Toothpaste endorsement deal pending I bet. Give him the boot!!!!

March 31, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  20. camz

ok... let's go!

March 31, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. yarie

i'm overwhelmed that paul gets to stay but I'm devastated seeing thia go...sweet thia you'll have a bigger audience outside AI....keep believing & keep singing.

March 31, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Paula

Paul needs to stay!!! But he will go his way anyway!! he is great.

March 31, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  23. sad

sad, sad – it should be Pia and Casey in the bottom 3 !

March 31, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Shekehe Mehe

Bye Naima. See YOU next AI season 11. Wish U good luck Paul!! UHmmmm lovely...

March 31, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. yarie

would I be seeing my beloved paul go tonight? oh! no.

March 31, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  26. yarie

would I see my beloved paul go? oh no!

March 31, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Pam Pelatta

Pia... Come on!!! Ballad, ballad, ballad... you perfected it already... and it is SOOOOOOOO boring

March 31, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. camz

@carlee:
    i don't get them too

March 31, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Carlee Myeisha

Do you guys know what it means when they say "Laras Kamunggay" and "Blags" I totally dont get it!

March 31, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  30. andy

Thia did a fantastic job. She's the youngest among all the contestants, but her voice is really amazing. Go! Thia. We love you. America vote for Thia.

March 31, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  31. RIck

OMG!, Did anyone else think that Fantasia's song just sucked? That must have been a thin talent year when she won.

March 31, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ricky

to think that the judges gave a standing ovation to her singing about cornbread and collard greens! and OMG did you see how big her butt's gotten, somebody needs to lay off them collard greens and cornbread. yeah, Rick there was better talent the year she won, Jennifer Hudson was one, it's just that the judges played the "she sounds like Macy Gray" card and she played the "I'm a sing mom" card. it was and she is totally disgusting.

March 31, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bettina

Dumbest song I ever heard, at least she didnt scream too much.

April 1, 2011 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  32. Carlee Myeisha

@MiyAt: Excuse me?

March 31, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  33. MiyAt

Pia's performance last night was roba roba, just proves she's not versatile as a singer. harig...... go THIA!

March 31, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Carlee Myeisha

Crossing my fingers for Thia. I hope America did the right thing, which is to save Thia!

March 31, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Kathy

Lauren and Scotty should go into country duo singing when they grow up after Idol!

March 31, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |