'Idol' Top 11 to sing songs of Elton John
March 30th, 2011

'Idol' Top 11 to sing songs of Elton John

How are they going to top last week?

After the emotional save of Casey Abrams during last week's elimination, our Top 11 are back on track with even more on the line because TWO people will go home this week.

That's right, the good news of the Casey save will turn into bad news times two for whoever fails to bring it Wednesday night.

The crew has been tasked with singing the songs of Elton John, and that's a mighty fine songbook to choose from. Who do you think will sing what? It would thrill me to no end to hear Paul McDonald take on "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" and have Scotty McCreery tackle "Blue Eyes." Hmm, seems I have "blue" on the brain.

I just hope the Top 11 keep up the great singing and don't make me see red. Join me tonight as I live-blog who steps up to the plate and who strikes out.

Next entry »
  1. Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity, celebrity gossip, Gossip, Celebrity News, Hollywood, celebrity, celebrity news, gossip, pics, Casey, Movies, celebrity photos, Gaga, Photos, star, Harry Potter, Tweet, celebrities, Kim Kardashian

Wonderful items from you, man. I have consider your stuff previous to and you're just too magnificent. I actually like what you have got here, really like what you are saying and the best way during which you assert it. You're making it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I can't wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a wonderful website.

April 30, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. hip hop radio

Thank you for some other excellent post. The place else may anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect manner of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm on the search for such information.

March 31, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. G. W. Snark

Oh bite me! Losers, all of them. Not worth watching. (as if it ever was) cancel this show!

March 31, 2011 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. DFWDelia

I think James is AWESOME but he needs to be in a band. Scotty is simply amazing with the way he spins things to sound country. Casey is unique. Pia sounds too generic like so many others who play it safe with simple and forgettable ballads. Naima has a lot of talent but needs to understand who her audience is. I know the chants and other things she's putting into her songs are not appealing to me. Paul is interesting but his voice isn't nearly as strong as so many of the others. Stefano is pretty good but not in the league with James, Scotty, or Casey. Haley is pretty good but I'm afraid the judges have her thinking that she should only do jazzy type songs and I don't think that's going to help her much.

March 31, 2011 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. No Monkeys Please

I really cannot stand Naima. Does everything have to be reggae or african? Really now. enough is enough already. That crosseyed girl Haley sounds like a growling dog in heat. Bye bye both of you losers.

March 31, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. alfred p flores

I feel nia will do just fine with Elton John's music. Being mindful. Elton Johns music is instrumentally assessed for everyone's use inspirationally for passages . I Love you and Thank You! P.F.

March 31, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  7. Tee It Up

Most of the Idol contestants have some redeeming qualities. However, Naima's time is up – she has to go. And Scotty has a great country music voice, but he's not going to make it much further. Thia is one of the weakest performers overall. Pia is incredible – right now, she is head & shoulders above everyone else. And James is a Adam Lambert wanna-be (who I couldn't stand last season).
    J Lo rocks as a judge. She gives the performers a lot more detailed feedback than Steve Taylor ever thought of doing. He's such a waste as a judge. Anyway, the shows about the contestants, not the judges. Simon who? Don't even miss him in the least!!!!!!

March 30, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. American Idiots

Scotty McCreepy (Howdy Doody) is really horrid, seriously, every dull song he spews sounds the same, exactly the same, boring, dull, mono tone drool. McDreary has no versatility, plays safe with every last dreary country rendition on every horrible, no talent, waste of time song he bores us with. Remember Taylor Nobody Hicks? some nowhere career he ended up with, McDreary is even worse! stop wasting our time. Then there's Rod Stewart boy, what is this guy trying to emulate!? he stinks! he's like a a bad lounge singer doing Rod Stewart doped on heroine, sad really sad. Then there is the guy who for some really strange reason got saved, he looks like Will Farrel in the hot tub skit on SNL, he is really awful, are the judges deaf? The reggae girl, she's got some talent but she thinks this is Rastafarian Idol, wrong country, wrong show honey, save the reggae for Jamaican Idol, this is American Idol.. Ok so the good, Pia is incredible, she is so pro already, can not even wait to see what she does beyond this ridiculous show, she is too good for this armature hour, perfect pitch, perfect phrasing, timing, range, dynamics, the whole package. Stefano is really good, he just needs to chill some on certain songs, Haley has alot of potential but she is quirky, she needs to just stay loose and not over think her phrasing and timing and she will be fine. The rest all leave me lukewarm, don't really care about them much, well that's my two cents, I feel better now.

March 30, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. G. W. Snark

Just please don't sing the gay stuff like "candle in the wind" or "funeral for a friend". Elton used to rock when he was in the closet. what happened?

March 30, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. AI Fan

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send Niama home tonite voters. 9ant take another episode of that damn african chanting/tribal dancing. This is AI not African Idol...The A stands for American. Duh.

March 30, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Glenn

Cultural issues aside, she really should expect to go home. I really had high expectations for her performace last night but honestly believe at least 8 or 9 of the other performers were significantly better.

March 31, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. TED

THIS ROCKS ! Im gonna be watching Survivor though. Or maybe just listening to it from the bathroom if my diareah doesnt get better.

March 30, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. clyon

You watch the show, but some how forgot that Paul sang 'I guess that's why they call it the Blues' a few weeks ago...or were you being facetious?

March 30, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sunshine

Elton John songs are great! But I cant imagine Naima singing one. Shes some how going to turn it into an African Tribal chant. I really hope she goes home. I bet James will rock as usual. like to hear him try 'Benny and The Jets' or 'Crocadile Rock'. Whatever he chooses hell be great. PLEASE no more growling from Haley and no more screaming/straining from Jacob. Well hope its Naima/Stephano who leave. AI is great!

March 30, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |