Chris Brown's 'F.A.M.E.' lands at No. 1
March 30th, 2011

Chris Brown's 'F.A.M.E.' lands at No. 1

The predictions proved to be right - Chris Brown has arrived at the top of the charts this week.

The singer, who has made headlines with his outburst at “Good Morning America," has achieved his first No. 1 album with his latest effort, “F.A.M.E.”

According to Billboard.com, the record sits atop the Billboard 200 chart with 270,000 sold. That entry marks his second-best sales week, only surpassed by his 2007 sophomore record “Exclusive,” which hit No. 4 on the Billboard 200 with 294,000 sold.

His other albums, 2005’s self-titled debut “Chris Brown” and 2009’s “Graffiti,” landed at No. 2 and No. 7 on the chart, respectively.

"I wanna thank all of my fans for making my album number 1 in the country!! I love you! We did it," Brown tweeted Tuesday. "I live for my music!! I survive for my fans!!!"

Meanwhile, Jennifer Hudson settles into the No. 2 spot this week with her second album, "I Remember Me," selling 165,000, while Adele's "21" falls from No. 1 to No. 3.

Filed under: Celebrities • Chris Brown • Music

1. Michelle

He deserve it. Chris just keep you hands to yourself. Everyone deserves a second chance.

April 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kendra

So proud of Chris, he worked his tail off to prove himself musically and it paid off. He deserves to be numero uno and Im happy for him. FAME is a great album glad I bought it.

FAME in stores now...go get it

April 1, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. Head Diva

I bought zero albums. This stuff is crap! Don't support a jig-a-boo cracked out freak that is probably a fruit. He may be one of the biggest fairies around!! See ya.

March 31, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. Tina

I bought two albums. One for myself and one for my cousin. Keep your head up Chris.

March 31, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. Sunshine

I am a lezbo and I wanna hook up with some butch dykos! I really wanna strap on a fat meat stick and ram them in da pooper! Let's get bizzy!!

March 31, 2011 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  6. @N

I am actually a certified ho-mo! I love to ram da poop chute of young men and I also schlob their knobs. I walk real funny cause my pooper is really loose. The anal drip is brutal!

March 31, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. @N

Yo all chris brown fans!!He will soon a new album called L.AM.E. Lots of girls go nuts for some reason when they see gay dudes!!!Why do most girls do?They like that person who is gay because they give gay rubbings so they become lesbians.Lucky im not that girl.Chris Brown sucks eggs.

March 30, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Nirvana

CHRIS BROWN SUCKS!!! HIS MUSIC, SOUNDS, LIGHTING, AND STYLE IS COPIED FROM THE BLACK EYED PEAS BAND!!!
    WHOA MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO?

March 30, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sunshine

Oh gag! Got to tell you though, his PR team must be excellent. All the hype, broken windows, ect really paid off for him. Too bad because I think his music still sucks.

March 30, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. caroline

His album is awesome–he has different genres of songs and they are all great. Chris is very talented.

March 30, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jackie

ok...not really. but they were censoring all my comments which said the opposite. isn't that interesting!!

March 30, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jackie

I
    II LOVE Chris Brown and his music - it's the best thing since they invented music. He deserves to be number one. He's fantastic!

March 30, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. The Great White Snark

The only thing his sales demonstrate is that people will buy anything if you hype it enough. Just not what I call music. Auto-tune makes everyone sound like cyborgs. Takes the soul right out of the music.

March 30, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. yvonne

Despite all the hate chris brown still has the # 1 album! Im so happy for him. Did u guys know that 18 million ppl watched chris on dancing with the stars yesterday. It was the # 1 show Ha! lol at all the chris brown haters.

March 30, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • caroline

I am happy for him also. I would never watch DWTS again, but I watched last night only to see Chris perform. He was amazing!!

March 30, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Is Chris Brown still alive?

Chris boys latest debacle has peeked...its all down hill from here ya little punk.

March 31, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  15. Head Diva In Charge

I still hate people from NJ! They are all nasal talking fools! All of them are fat and ugly! People up North are just disgusting and you can tell who they are on these disgusting comments! Only people from the north would hijack a person's name! Idiots!

March 30, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

When your husband divorces your fat redneck butt, will you still be brother and sister?

March 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Christopher

Hey, if I beat up some women, can I get a hit record, too?

March 30, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Certainly, but you will need to come up with a few lame dance steps, an average singing voice, a synth machine to keep you in tune and some big stupid looking trucker hats.

March 30, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Julie77777

My deal with Chris Brown's music is: I think he's a really, really good dancer and he probably can sing alright. I just wish he didn't use that "synthesizer-voice-over" in his songs. It makes it seem like he needs help with his singing and makes the quality of his voice weaker. I'd love to hear the real, unaided voice and see if it truly is good. I think all this voice covering does a dis-service to singing. It's why many folks say that there are few true singers anymore, and to me, it doesn't make the music sound better. Let's hear him sing, not lip-sync, with only his voice live and then I will praise his singing. But he is a superior dancer and performer. Get some more anger help and don't be a studio singer, Chris. Then you'll really deserve much praise. Just sayin' . . .

March 30, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • MissVampireDiaries

I agree. I wish he would listen to his fans and stop using autotune. Now, most musicians use synthesizers to get a clear, high quality, but autotune takes it to a whole other level. He's a great singer without it. Then again, he's going for that europop sound which is very digitalized.

March 30, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. EMMA

yeah. i think they might be drunk maybe.

March 30, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. LAQUECIA

I aint bought no album in 30 years or more. Albums is for white peoples. I listen to them CDs myself. I gots me one of them new type HI FIs

March 30, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Father Farticus

Watch it Mister or I will *POOT* in your general direction.

March 30, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Superhiro

Well albums don't usually hit really high numbers anymore right? Since most people just download music instead of buying albums.

March 30, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jorge Busch

Carefully crafted hype easily doubled his sales. Amazing what people can be fooled into wasting their money on. His marketing team has got to be awesome!

March 30, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Father Farticus

Only 270,000 in album sales...that doesnt seem like much at all and Im sure it will taper off dramatically over the coming weeks.

March 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • MissVampireDiaries

That's a lot, especially during this slow season. Rihanna's LOUD sold only 207K during it's first week. And it was released during the HOLIDAYS.

March 30, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. The Madd Crapper

I would like to take a big steamy crap in his hat then smash it down on his head.

March 30, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tif

I am not a huge fan of his antics, but I have to admit his single, "Look at me now" is bumpin'. No shade here! Chris makes good music...

March 30, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bill & Ted

So Diva, when is "toeday"? does it come after "fingerday"?

March 30, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Rihanna

If only I had done as Chris axed I would be hib numba 1 wif dee numba 1 ablum. Chris I swear to Gawd nes time I will eat the doo doo from ya butt. Please don beat me again.

March 30, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. LAQUECIA

I knew he would be a winner ! He will be back to beating up girls in no time ! YES !

March 30, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  29. R Kelly

Look at him wit dat fake@ss smile. Come on ova to R Kelly and I turn dimi pearly whites and dull yella stain.

March 30, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Head Diva In Charge

I do like his songs, and that upsets me. I wish he could just be sorry for real.

And for the record, I am not a teacher, I don't much enjoy children.

March 30, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Superhiro

Why can't you just like his songs but not like him? I like his music too, but I wouldn't wanna hang out with the guy.

March 30, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • memememememememememememememememememememe

okay u don't make any type of since saying that u are not a teacher u just said that yo third grade students and u said that u are not going to be giving homework and now u say that u r not a teacher u make no since

March 30, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Don Cornelius

I knew doing a promo would pay off for Chris. Chris...pay up buddy! And now back to the soul train dancers and more of SOOOUUUuuuull Trraaaiinnn.

March 30, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Head Diva In Charge

In celebration im not assigning my kids any homework toeday !

March 30, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Superhiro

Not really surprising, I mean who's he even competing against? Jennifer Hudson? I actually wasn't even aware she was a musician.

March 30, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Where U ar

Hater, everybody know Jennifer is the best singer in the world!! U jealous! ! Congrats to J-Hud for getting the #2 album in the star, not being the topical pop star such as Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa!!

March 30, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

"not being the topical pop star such as Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa!!"

Do you rub a topical pop star on your skin?

March 30, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • MissVampireDiaries

Do you have an Oscar?

March 30, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Local Constable

Monkey Boy Chris Brown will no doubt be visiting a local jail near you. He is a loser.

March 31, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  34. Head Diva In Charge

YES ! I JUST KNEW HE WOULD OVERCOME YOU HATERS ! CHRIS MAKES MUSIC WE ALL CAN ENJOY ! I EVEN PLAY IT TO MY THIRD GRADE CLASS DURING REST TIME !

March 30, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • OMG

U IS SUCH A LIAR U JUST DISCRIBED THE OCCUPATION OF A TEACHER AND THEN U SAY UR THIRD GRADE CLASS SO HOW DAT GO U LIE ON DAH COMPUTER FIND A NEW WAY TO LIE CUZ DIS WAY AINT WORKIN SO NEXT TIME WHEN U LIE LIE STRAIGHT BOO NOT DAH WAY U GOIN CUZ U MESSED UP DAH WHOLE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 30, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • MissVampireDiaries

He only did better this time because this album was much better. I liked Graffiti, but his mixtapes were even better.

March 30, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • MARSTAR

The guy is good at what he does, absolutely one of the best. That said, I wish everyone would get off his back...and I am not a fan. How long ago did the Rihanna thing happen? Geez. She has moved on, let him do the same. Why are people still asking him questions? Some of you spell like you haven't been to the third grade, concentrate on going back to school.

March 30, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Desira

He still guilty of being a woman BEATER.

March 31, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |