'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Madonna's plans for a Malawi school fall apart
March 28th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Madonna's plans for a Malawi school fall apart

Madonna’s ambitious plans to build a $15 million school for girls in Malawi have reportedly come to a sudden and grinding halt.

Madonna’s facing tough questions today, like where did almost $4 million dollars in donations and funds go on a school that hasn’t even broken ground yet?

So is Madonna really to blame for this mess? I can understand why some people may want to blame her since it’s ultimately her project and charity. I know she must be so disappointed that this has happened. It’s a shame and I hope it doesn’t interfere with all the good work her non-profit, Raising Malawi, does. What do you think? Post your thoughts below.

Other stories we’ve got on the show today…

Oprah sets the date for her final show, and Reese Witherspoon gets married! Plus, are Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen fighting over dogs?!

See you on "Showbiz Tonight" at 5 p.m. ET and again at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN today!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. Nate DoggManure

I wish I wub stil libn so I git a mouf ful ub goobas.

March 29, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. Booger Stew with celery

Just another pretentious pain in the @ss. Since her star is fading she still must garner attention anyway possible because she is just to G Dam important.

March 29, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. Hugh Gifsaschitt

Just move to Africa and go away. You're just a leather-skinned f@g hag now anyway.

March 29, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. LumberJack

LOL...Madonna got ripped off....LMAO. Thats what ya get when sending money to Gods Hell Hole – Africa. Nothing but crooks, cheats, famine and A.I.D.S. there.

March 29, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Sad but true. Those countries are screwed. And it's so sad because the African women do work hard to make things better but they can't do it alone.

I am also a bit peeved to see these stupid celebrities go overseas, especially Africa, where obstacles are nearly insurmountable, instead of working out things right here in the good old US of A. A lot less glamorous, I am sure, but the problems are more given to solutions and celebrity/political influence. But no, everyone needs to fly off to Africa so they can be feature in People magazine.

March 29, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Vinny Barbarino

This is so lame. We need another Beiber story to get the comments rolling in. Up all your noses with rubber hoses!

March 29, 2011 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. Oprah

She just copied me, b!tch!

March 28, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. R Kelly

DAYUM. I was hoping to fly over to that Malawi school and give the little girls some of R Kellys pee pee.

March 28, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Steven Seagal

Better to keep women dumb.

March 28, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |