Italy not so excited for 'Jersey Shore's' arrival
March 28th, 2011

Italy not so excited for 'Jersey Shore's' arrival

As the cast of "Jersey Shore" gets ready to head over to Italy for season four, the New York Post reports that some Italians aren't thrilled with MTV's hottest reality show.

Roberto Del Bove, columnist for Rome's New Notzie newspaper, said the show "embodies the worst stereotypes of Italians, multiplied by thousands and Americanized," according to the Post. "Slicked hair, exaggerated narcissism, boundless love for the family and outlandish eccentricity" is how the cast was reportedly described in Rome's newspaper Corriere della Sera.

But the show wasn't exactly met with open arms when it first premiered in 2009 either, even prompting advertisers to remove their spots from the program. Since then, however, the ratings have soared.

Last week's season three finale brought in 7.6 million viewers, according to TV By The Numbers, beating out everything on TV on Thursday night except "American Idol."  Season four of "Jersey Shore" is expected to air sometime in 2011.

For more on the "Jersey Shore" controversy tune into "Showbiz Tonight" on HLN live at 5 p.m. ET and at 11 p.m. ET/PT.

1. Lin Messina

Ciao from Italian-Americans who hate "Jersey Shore" We apologize to the people of Italy for this garbage."

April 5, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Victor

Wouldn't it be great if the whole cast got framed for murder and sent to an italian prison so they can never come back to the States?

April 1, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pat

MTV can go ahead and retire the Real World, because the Jersey Shore is blowin it out of the water!

March 30, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. Angelina

this cast is dirty. beware of sitch's STD's... the f ag is a walking incubator !!! trust me I know.

March 29, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. horace

I hope Ron and Sam don't ruin their Italy trip with their drama. So sick of them.

March 29, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • kiara

i total agree. i wanted to stop watching season three because sam and ron argued a lot. that's not a good relationship. hopefully they wont ruin their time in italy, i dont think i can sit
      through another season of them going back and forth

March 30, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. s

Good, Italy can keep them.

March 29, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  7. derp

They moere and more like Mexicans with each photo. I think they cut my lawn last week.

March 29, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. R Kelly

I will turn the white robes of the Pope to a bright yellow.

March 29, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. Head Diva In Charge

Ok, first – someone has my name on this blog......strange, and unsettling.

Second – I am not that interested to see them be train wrecks in Italy only because I don't think they will get away with much abroad. I also don't think the "DTF" girls will be all over them like here.....but we will see.

March 29, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. Ole Grandad

I always enjoyed my trips to Italy. Just get a handful of grease from those italian boys heads, bend em over and dog the hell out of their butthole...they love it and so do I.

March 29, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. The Pope at the end of a rope

Italy...the land of Moosuhlini and the f-ing Pope. Up yours Pope.

March 29, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. Head Diva In Charge

Hey don't say anything bad about these kids! I love this show! you all can go hump each other legs

March 29, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. D

Let's face it Italians are dirty people and they just may fit in.. Just the american chicks are much more fat. and I think HO~mos are more accepted in europe so VIP will have some fun company in their speedo's and bath houses.

March 29, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
    • LYNN URSO

Let's face it Italians are dirty people and they just may fit in.............. What the hell does that mean!

March 29, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. T- rex

I'm surprised situation can take a break from his new gig in the village people and grease ball ronnie has his new role in g ay p orn. The rest of the loser guinea freaks could vanish from the face of the earth and who would care. oh ya that troll snookie is not a DAG0 she is a s~ pick.. Those chicks in italy are hot and when they see that piece of trash roll in she will be the laughing stock of the continent.

March 29, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  15. Father Guido Sarducci

What an embarassment for the relatives they still have in Italy.... to see what their American counterparts have become! Toto stupido!

March 28, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lin

Some of these jerks are posers - pretending to be Italian Americans...

April 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Joe Bag-o-donuts

Maybe they'll pi$$ off someone's Sicilian uncle and just vanish. You know, totally by "accident". I'm just sayin'...

March 28, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • opinion

we can only hope.....and pray for this.

March 29, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • TOdd

Darn, you beat me to it!! I think the more likely situation (pun completely intended) is that these idiots hit on the wrong guys daughter....and then that guy makes the world a better place and no one is the wiser...

March 29, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  17. ProperVillain

Oh good, just what we need, more ugly americans overseas displaying our worst behavior for all to see. The average Italian will (rightly so) think these bozos are nothing but a pack of uncouth, loud, and brainless barbarians.

March 28, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Superhiro

Lol sucks for Italy, but I'd rather have the cast there than here :P

March 28, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • HollywoodSurF

If I was MTV I would put these guys on a show and let them play a few music videos with their comedy.
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enGJFHks-bA&w=640&h=390]