Are Sean Penn and ScarJo really dating?
March 28th, 2011

Are Sean Penn and ScarJo really dating?

After weeks of speculation that Sean Penn and Scarlett Johansson are dating, the two actors stepped out together at Reese Witherspoon’s weekend wedding to Jim Toth.

According to People, Penn, 50, came to the Ojai, California wedding on Saturday with 26-year-old Johansson, who split from her husband of two years, Ryan Reynolds, in December. Other guests included Robert Downey Jr. and his wife, Susan, Alyssa Milano and her agent hubby David Bugliari, and Renee Zellweger.

The rumblings of a romance between Penn and Johansson began earlier this year, but Johansson’s rep explained to People that the two are just friends.

“Scarlett and Sean are not dating – they have been friends for years. Nothing more, nothing less,” her rep said of the rumors. "They have been talking over the last few months regarding Haiti Relief and Scarlett's upcoming trip to Haiti as Oxfam's Global Ambassador."

Yet reports questioning their relationship kept coming after the two were spotted sharing sometimes “intimate” meals at restaurants around L.A. and in Mexico.

A recent dinner with friends at an Italian restaurant in Los Angeles had one source remarking to People that Penn and Johansson were sharing smiles "all night and seemed to have a great time together," sitting closely to one another and exchanging “flirty looks.”

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Jenna

Does no one remember what he did to Madonna? He almost killed her. I really hope Scarlett knows what she is doing, because he is a dangerous man and he likes young, naive women. Madonna got away safely. I just hope Scarlett does as well.

April 19, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. Big Old Hater

Just my opinion... but he has way outkicked his coverage

March 29, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mar

Age is nothing but a number. I see a lot of shallow haters commenting on here. If they happen to be dating, then that's their business, and best of luck to them both. All that matters is if the chemistry is there. Maybe to you Sean isn't attractive but perhaps he's got other qualities about him that make him attractive.

March 29, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. FRAN

I think Sean Penn is the unlucky one here she is nothing but a b–ch never liked her so full of herself and not sure what all the fuss about her is? Penn on the other hand incredible talent and spends so much of his time trying to make a difference in the world she is just jumping on the band wagon here. I give a year at best before he gets bored.

March 29, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tully

Good luck to her if she's really dating him.

March 29, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Superhiro

Yea I know what you mean Danny, she kinda has that "deer in the headlights" look to her.

March 29, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. danny

Scarlett has always appeared to me that she just barely has walking around sense. It is true that she has a nice figure but the echo chamber above her neck seems to much to deal with, I can understand Ryan's reasoning for leaving that behind.

March 29, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. Katz

If Sean Penn and Scarlett Johansson are dating, that is their business.
    Beyonce is much more attractive than Jay z and they are together (married)
    Yes.... Sean Penn is much older, but it is totally their business if he wants to date
    her and she wants to date him....
    They are both free ..... unattached......
    Maybe he makes her happy, maybe she makes him happy.....
    If it works out, then it works out,
    and if it does not work out then............. it does not work out
    Such is life, we have to live and let live

March 29, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. FYI

She looks very similar to Madonna when she was the same age. I've met Sean and frankly he is very, very charming! I totally get her attraction to him!

March 28, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Willow

We are all going to be gone soon enough. He needs to go back to being a nice happy goofy fella. One that also helps folks.

March 28, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Willow

Sean Penn used to be a cool layed back stoner type guy. Now he just seems way too serious. He needs to remember he can help people and still have fun.

March 28, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. OKIEKITTY

Who cares if she likes older men???? Seriously, I'm 26 and dating a great man who is 43 (soon to be 44) and he looks/acts like he's 35. If the chemistry/love is there, don't knock it because you're judgmental freaks. It also doesn't matter if he's hot to you people or not, only to her.

March 28, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tim W.

Unlike most remarks I read, I do not care ! I consider them both great actors and what they do in their private lifes is none of my concern. I do not want Scarlett or Sean commenting on my private life and I will give them the respect to not comment on their private lifes. I just ask that they keep working and enjoy their lifes !

March 28, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Heidi-Ho

Sean Penn is elephant a$$ ugly. Scarlett isnt a beauty queen, just your average pretty actress. Isnt he quite a bit older than her? Looks like a perv, dirty ole man to me. Maybe she was looking for a sugar daddy. I guess she found one.

March 28, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

young women who date older men are pervs, so are older woman that date younger men....

March 29, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Superhiro

Couldn't care less about either of them

March 28, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. raven

Oh c'mon people,be nice,maybe she likes old men with ski jump noses and can-opener chins.

March 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Victor

I can understand not wanting to admit a relationship in Hollywood. But if that's your game plan then you should really try to hide it better.

March 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  18. LL

He's old enough to be her dad. Gross.

March 28, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. I love me

Sean Pennis is a self absorbed, self serving @SSHOLE.

March 28, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Professor Moriarty

Did you now that "diva" is Latin for "difficult woman"? Also known as "b!tch".

March 28, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Head Diva In Charge

My opinion of Scar-Jo went down after I read the reports that they were dating. He seems like a self important, grumpy "old" man. Then again, this is a GREAT way to get publicity for the both of them.

March 28, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

She has daddy issues and he's a dirty old man. Heck if she doesn't want Ryan I'll take him. Sean Penn is a huge step down.

March 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  22. This just in...

Sean Pennis is dating black men in Haiti.

March 28, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  23. jj

Scarlett Johansson has a pretty name – please use it instead of Scar Jo.

March 28, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arthur Paul

I totally agree.

March 28, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • mmK

I'll second that ... are we really that lazy that we can't just say her whole name? And who wants 'Scar' as a nickname? What is she, in the Lion King?

March 28, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • jCook

I thought the same thing..."Scar"?? Jo...lazy author.

April 15, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |