Reese Witherspoon says 'I Do'
March 27th, 2011

Reese Witherspoon says 'I Do'

Just over a year after they began dating, Reese Witherspoon and showbiz agent Jim Toth have tied the knot, CNN has confirmed.

The couple wed in yesterday at Witherspoon's home in Ojai, California. According to People, celebrities in attendance included Renee Zellwegger, Sean Penn with Scarlett Johansson, Tobey Maguire, Robert Downey Jr., and Alyssa Milano. The low-key wedding was planned in a matter of months, as the two just became engaged in December.

A source close to Toth told People the engagement was a “natural step,” while a source close to the actress noted that Toth had become close with Witherspoon's two kids from her prior seven-year marriage to Ryan Phillippe, Ava and Deacon.

"They have vacationed together with Reese's kids and everyone [got] along great," the source said.

Those close to the 35-year-old actress feel that Witherspoon has found her Mr. Right.

"Reese quickly realized that Jim was someone that she felt safe with and could count on," a friend of Witherspoon's has told People. "He's a family-oriented guy, and that's all she ever wanted."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. FRAN

I give it a year!

March 29, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Timme62

I would have stuck with Jake.

March 29, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. bes

I don't know why she is so hard up to get married, didn't she do this already. Wow talk about someone just needing to be with someone.

March 28, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Richard Head

Reese will wear the pants in this relationship, he looks like the type that like to be dom'd.

March 28, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Hold the mayo

Their jaw lines can create a new continent. Nothing impressing about her and he's in only for the for cashola.

March 28, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. Breanne

He looks a little bit like Adam Sandler from that angle. Congratulations to them.

March 28, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. Head Diva In Charge

I feel like Reese has the MNG (man needing gene). Hopefully this works out for her. But someone so talented, beautiful, and successful shouldn't have rushed into something. Hope the prenup is iron clad.

March 28, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. Willow

my doctor said i have to take chemo with no pain meds. i think he is a bunghole for making me do that but guess he knows best : )

March 28, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. Willow

im sorry. i do stay kind of confuseled :)

March 28, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  10. mom

in an unrelated news item-
    A.H. (Honey Bunny) is a 23 yr old p*ssy whipped mama's boy who desperately needs to cut that umbilical cord & man up.
    luv ur mom G.A.H.

March 28, 2011 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  11. sunshine

Yeah, she said they were gonna be 1 big happy family, and rhat her 2 daughters really liked him. You mustve read the wrong article. @Head Diva In Charge: Must you be so rude and disgusting all the time? on every blog? G*y men and s*x like that are bad enough in private, but out in the open its 100 x worse.

March 28, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  12. Willow

May her poor children be happy.

March 27, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Willow

What about her other husband who is raising their children ? Is she going to be having new kids with this new guy ? I sure feel bad for her first family – the one she left behind. Her poor little girls need a mommy. She needs to quit being so selfcentered and so selfish. She already has a family anyone would love to have.

March 27, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • K

Huh? She has a daughter and a son, not "poor little girls" and she didn't leave them behind. And her ex-husband is the one who cheated and broke up their marriage AND whose ex-girlfriend, whom he is no longer with, is pregnant with his child. I think you might have her mixed up with someone else.

March 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TruthHurts

WOW I'd love to see pictures of some of you all sitting behind your computers posting about these two...I'll guarantee that Reese and this guy are ten times better looking than you all.

March 27, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. T

Ewwwwww !!!

March 27, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. heidi-ho

Why spend so much money on such a lavish event, that probably wont even last, given the track record of celebrity marriages? STUPID! Beyond me......

March 27, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sunshine/Rain

I sure hope her marriage lasts longer than the average celebrity ones. Must be hard to live your life, with every aspect under the microscope. Good luck to them. I sure hope he doesnt turn out to be as aggresive/mean as he appears to be.

March 27, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mark in nyc

yawn

March 27, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Amazing that you respond in such a stupid way after you bother to read the article. People like you make me want to yawn. What a moron!

March 27, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ mark in nyc

Being in nyc, shouldn't you be working?

March 28, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. brokenteeth

I give it 2 years.

March 27, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  20. LK2

Well, I hope he's a good person, cuz he's not much to look at! But from what I saw the other night, he seems to have quite a temper. I know the razzi's can be annoying and step over their boundaries, but violence isn't the way to settle it. He looks too mean to me! I hope it works, and he better NOT hurt Reese..!

March 27, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meggie24

I was thinking just the opposite in that she's not much to look at ... but she's wealthy – that must be the attraction for him.

March 27, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • LK2

Meggie, I think she's adorable! I guess we all see things differently! LOL! He just looks mean, but from the article, she feels safe with him, and he's a family man. So for that, I have hope for this marriage, but I don't think it will be long-lasting!

March 27, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hollywood Buffer

Married? I thought she was dating one of these guys?

March 27, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • OBAMABLACKJESUS

Not much to look at? Reese isn't much to look at herself. In fact, she looks like an ALIEN. They're perfect for each other.

March 27, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • BubbaGanoosh

LK2 you are judging him by his photo and thus, you are an idiot.

March 27, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |