Kim Kardashian: Dame Taylor is my idol
March 24th, 2011

Kim Kardashian: Dame Taylor is my idol

You think you’re Elizabeth Taylor’s biggest fan? Maybe, but Kim Kardashian’s giving you a run for your money.

The reality star had the chance to interview the Hollywood legend before her passing for Harper’s Bazaar, and was beside herself with excitement.

“I am a huge Elizabeth Taylor nerd, as will now become clear,” she revealed in the interview, during which she asks the actress for advice on how to be more like her and how to be a queen – as well as sneaking in a request for Dame Taylor to follow her on Twitter.

“You have always been ahead of your time—and now you're on Twitter. What do you love about it?” Kardashian inquired.

“I like the connection with fans and people who have been supportive of me. And I love the idea of real feedback and a two-way street, which is very, very modern,” Taylor explained. “But sometimes I think we know too much about our idols and that spoils the dream. So, like all things, it is to be used with care!”

Of course, she agreed to follow Kardashian on the social networking site, and it turns out that her last tweets before her death were about Kardashian’s interview.

“@kimkardashian @harpersbazaarus Our interview in Bazaar came out! You look like a princess in Egyptian robes, love!” Taylor wrote on February 9, referring to the “Cleopatra"-inspired fashion Kardashian slipped into for Harper’s Bazaar. “My interview in Bazaar with Kim Kardashian came out!!!” Taylor tweeted again on February 9, along with a link.

So when Kardashian first heard of Taylor’s passing on Wednesday, her initial response was, perhaps fittingly, on Twitter.

"I am so saddened about the passing of Elizabeth Taylor! She will always be my idol!" Kardashian wrote.

The “Kourtney and Kim Take New York” star followed that sentiment up with a post on her blog.

“An era in time is over,” Kardashian said. “Elizabeth Taylor’s achievements in film were outstanding. …Her continual and undying philanthropic work for AIDS gave the world hope, promise and awareness.”

The 30-year-old went on to describe her “Cleopatra”-themed photo shoot for Haper’s Bazaar as “one of the greatest highlights” of her life.

“Not only did I get to wear Dame Elizabeth’s original clothing from the movie, but I got to interview her for this piece! I never felt so lucky and fortunate; it was truly the greatest honor and dream of mine to be the iconic ‘Elizabeth Taylor’ for one day! As I got to know her, I saw her beauty both inside and out, loved her humor and business mind and her spirit for life was truly amazing and contagious.”

Kardashian continued, “Unfortunately, this was Ms. Taylor’s last interview ever and her last tweet was about our piece in Bazaar together. I am so very grateful to have had this amazing and phenomenal experience personally with my life-time idol, Dame Elizabeth Taylor.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Kardashians

1. Flamin Flamer

Francesca, darling, what's a "caree"? And honey, how can you expect to be "independant" when you can't even spell it?

March 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ltc

What do people find so interesting about the Kardasian's? They are rude, crude, vulgar and obnoxious.
    They can't act, what do they do? Enough already. Go away.

March 25, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. Francesca

I think you're a beautiful woman Kim, you're an inspiration for women that are beautiful and have brains and a caree. Ignore the negative comments, these are people who have no faith in themselves. I'm a single mother of two young children with a career and fiercely independant. THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER :)

March 25, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

She is famous for banging monkeys on videotape. Nice role model. The only thing she has in common with Liz taylor is weight.

March 25, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. laura

how dare you, and you're mother should be ashamed to think you have any comparison to her you make me sick

March 25, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  5. GIVE ME AN

W...give me an...H... give an...O....give me an R...give me an.. E! what does that spell? add fat a$$ before that word and again what does it spell?

March 25, 2011 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  6. stop hating kim she cant

help it that she has a fat *** and love black men. so she kills foxs and wear them. so she like f****** blk men and other men of color and then leve them. so so so ..so what..she is a h o with a mow..lol

March 25, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. moose

Kimmy please you are no match to this great icon. Go be fake to yourself because Elizabeth wasn't fake and she never went black.

March 25, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  8. Lace

Elizabeth Taylor has more class than this want to be has. Sorry Kim :( you will never have the class that Elizabeth had. Go kill another fox you animal killing, fame glory wh 0re.

March 25, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. Flaming Flamer

Marny, honey I have been vindicated. Go swallow yourself, you cow. I'm sure your mouth is big enough!

March 24, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JEWELS

SHE CANT EVER HOLD A CANDLE TO OUR ELIZABETH A ICON FASHION LAUGHTER CARING PLEASE EXCLUDE YOUR RUDE SELF SHE GRANTED ISAID GRANTED YOU AN INTERVIEW NOW YOUR USING IT TO FURTHER YOUR LILSELF FOR SHAME REALITY SHOW BUMS LIZ WAS CLASS A SHE GAVE OF HERSELF FOR79 YRS FOR SHAME duplicate comment my azz this is my opinion why evenask for peoples thought you to are toadeez

March 24, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Family Jewels

Kim is the best thing to happen. Liz should be greatful to her. Liz was a fat PIG.

March 25, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  11. JEWELS

March 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater

She needs to lose that faaaattttt a~ss!! Liz had class this big butt doesn't!

March 24, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cindy

Wow you would think she would have learn some class from Elizabeth since she was such a big fan.

March 24, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Flaming Flamer

What kind of name is Marny? bet u go online to purchase Kim's used panties!

March 24, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ha ha

ha ha i agree with u flamer! this big a $$ b**** will never have the same class as liz.

March 24, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Marny Duchsherer

Flaming flamer–open your mouth and swallow yourself. How inventive: flaming flamer, DUH!?! How do you spell S T U P I D? Flaming flamer! Me too, so crawl back under your rock!

March 24, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Flaming Flamer

Kim, honey, shut it already! Elizabeth was a lady, you are a tramp!

March 24, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liz the Pig

Liz was so huge she couldnt even wipe herself.

March 25, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Wow, to the person who keeps naming themselves "Liz the....(derogatory comment here)", how low is your self esteem? Does no one hug you? You're a sad, pathetic person.

March 25, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |