'Idol,' you are so tricky to predict
March 24th, 2011

'Idol,' you are so tricky to predict

Yep. That's who I think is going home tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I dig Haley and her voice. Yet something in me says that America just hasn't grabbed a hold of the petite chanteuse in big enough numbers to help her survive the cut tonight.

I've already called my bottom three as Haley, Paul and Naima, and out of those three my money is on Haley to not make the tour bus. While my heart says Naima should go (sorry Naima fans), she may have gotten extra points for the stronger singing and dance moves on Wednesday night.

But I could be wrong, and that's the great thing about "Idol" this season. Folks are really stepping it up and making it more difficult to determine who will get chopped. I love that.

Who do you think is heading home? Join me tonight as I live blog the results show.

See ya then!

1. djafan

Ryan,

Who's Idol material? Definitely this guy: David Archuleta, yes yes yes and yes!

My favorite ever. He'll be singing the National Anthem for Nascar, 90, 000 in attendance and no one sings the NA like David.

March 25, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. David

You can make official predictions (not votes) on your american idol favorites on http://showyouknowit.com

March 25, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cami

Glad Yukon Cornelius was saved. Hated to think of him having to go back to chasing the Abominable for a living.

March 25, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Head Diva In Charge

Wow, were you wrong. But then again, we all were wrong. How could anyone have predicted Casey? Just glad the save was used.

March 25, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ryan

Everybody doesn't exactly suck, they definitely have talent but there's no one I really care about this year (haven't downloaded any of their songs or replayed any performances).

Who's Idol material? Definitely this guy:
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAme4Q0zZg&w=640&h=390]

March 25, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. CJN

Everybody sucks?! lol that is so not true. I am really excited to see all of this new talent. People like Jimmy Iovine and Randy Jackson have WAY more experience than all of us and if they are excited then I take it seriously. Sure love the positive vibe from Steven and Jennifer, but I trust Randy's opinion.

March 25, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. RL Montoya

Whoever is the author of this particular story, you are DEAD ON! I had the same three picked as the bottom three (Naima, Haley, and Paul) with Naima being the weakest of the three. Haley is good with the right song, as is Paul, yet they have both struggled in recent weeks to keep me interested in them.

Now that thing about Casey in the bottom three and on his way out... America got that one soooo WRONG!

Casey is one of the BEST things about this season of Idol.. In fact, he is in a group of some of the BEST contestants I have ever seen on all the seasons so far.

My favorites, so far and in this order, are Jacob Lusk, Scotty McCreery, Pia Toscano, Casey Abrams, Lauren Alaina, Thia Megia, Stefano Langone, James Durbin, Haley Rinehart, Paul McDonald, and Naima Adedapo..

March 25, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. ksoze

'Most successful' doesn't necessarily equal 'best'. Yes, Carrie is the most successful Idol alum, but I think Kelly's a better singer. I also think Jennifer Hudson isn't overrated at all; she's an amazing talent.

March 25, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. #1 AI Fan

Yes Carrie Underwood is by far the mosty successful AI so far. Noone else even comes close. Someone commenmted on Jennifer Hudson. Way over rated and not that good. James is best by far. Cant help it if all the really good sinhers are white. Just worked out that way. He should win it easy. Naima definately needs to go and so does Stephano. Loved the save. Finally Randy made a smart choice. About time he did/said something wise. Season 10 isnt even over and I cant wait for Season 11.

March 25, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. Bill & Ted

Actually easy to predict: everybody SUCKS. Go home. cancel.

March 24, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Idol2011

I'm not big fan of stefano. I was surprised that he got wildcard because his top 24 performance was atrocious. He surprised me in his wildcard performance and I was like maybe I got him wrong. And he does have talent of course but just doesn't appeal to me. His eye thing is just getting annoying now but it's clear he can't help it.

Thia is hot but she can't compare to the others unfortunately. Maybe a few years will do her good. Same with Lauren.

Paul and Scotty weren't great performances but they've got great character so I expect they'll stick around.

James should win at this point. Great performer, natural presence of stage, great range. Good song selection, especially last night. Pia got amazing voice as well but not as good a performer.

March 24, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. shorty

I think paul should go he shouldn't be going on the tour. I want scotty or lauran 2 win american idol or james is good. I just luv scottys country spin on the songs.

March 24, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Be Quiet

scotty sucks. when he sings it looks like he's taking a dump. that deep voice schtick can only get him so far. Pia is going to win.

March 25, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  13. InternetSpy

Is the Tea Party voting for one contestant specifically?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSUv20JAF4U&w=640&h=390]

March 24, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Superhiro

Lol wow, touchy touchy. Someone's a fangirl.

March 24, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Nyxxie

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE TROLL BEHIND THE COMPUTER!

I think Niama needs to go home. Paul's voice is great, very understated as is Haley's and they both don't deserve to go. I don't see the greatness of Jacob and think he needs to go home, too. So not Idol material. He belongs on "So you think you can be a broadway singer?!"

March 24, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yo

It is obvious that you have no talent so you are unable to judge who is talented on Idol this year. Naima is just as talented as the rest, and Jacob is incredible. The boy in the bottom with the curly hair is not talented, cant' sing and should have never been selected for Idol this year. Stop the stupid racist crap against those that are not white on Idol.

March 24, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sanibelle

Yo is right, Jacob is incredible and Naima is a wonderful performer. BTW, just what is Idol "material" – Taylor Hicks for example or David Archuleta or Chris Whatever His Name Is ???. There are very few real Idols other than Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson (maybe), Adam Lambert (maybe) and Jennifer Hudson (who didn't even win). Jacob will certainly make it to the final round and no, I am not a racist and not even black.

March 24, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Superhiro

Hooray 5 Idol stories in one day! Hooray shameless advertising!

March 24, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |