Elizabeth Taylor's memorable quotes
March 23rd, 2011

What's your favorite Elizabeth Taylor quote?

Throughout her 79 years, Elizabeth Taylor let some teachable and always honest remarks slip,  not the least of which being that if someone offers a million dollars for a movie role, one would be pretty dumb to turn it down.

As news of her passing has spread, Twitter users began sharing some of her more memorable statements, ranging from wise advice to coy witticisms.

"Big girls need big diamonds," Twitter user oXxSamanthaxXo wrote along with the hope that Taylor will rest in peace, while another user invoked her philanthropic spirit: "Give. Remember to always give. This is the thing that will make you grow."

And yet another quote that kept popping up left and right: "I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them," a remark KenzieSchwartz also tweeted.

The tributes poured in as fast as the memorial quotes did, with AshleyKaila tweeting, "You did so much not only for Hollywood but the AIDs community and beyond.Your imprint on this world will b long lastin," and Ceuribet‎ admitting, "When I was in primary school in the 70s I used to have a notebook with Elizabeth Taylor on the cover. I thought she was The Queen of UK."

Even women's intimates brand Victoria's Secret weighed in: "She oozed glamour + was one of the original & sexiest bombshells. RIP Elizabeth Taylor...you will be missed!"

Filed under: Celebrities

1. imenevazno

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7IRs1vmS4&w=640&h=390]

March 24, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. Im pitching a tent

My fav quote from Liz was when she stated in interview..."What type of animal would I want to be? Hmmm...I think a water buffalo."

March 24, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Capt Stubbing

My fav quote from Liz was..."Ive done many movies, mega-movies and dramas, however, I really want to star on The Love Boat as these roles seem to be the most challenging as ever".

March 24, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lick Skillet

Fav Liz quote. "Well now that you mention is yes I have tasted my own doo doo, hasnt everybody?"

March 24, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. Elizabeth Quote

"Some of my best leading men were dogs and horses."

March 24, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ms. Wood

"I never planned to acquire a lot of jewels or a lot of husbands, I have been supremely lucky in my life in that I have known great love, and of course, I am the temporary custodian of some incredible and beautiful things.".... Elizabeth Taylor

March 24, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. "O" is for Orifice

My fav from Liz was..."For the last time NO. James Dean wasnt gay."

March 24, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  8. Hannah

My favorite quote...."Success is the best deodorant."

March 24, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sack full of butt brownies for you

Another fav from Liz...I knew Michael was eatin those little boys Beenee Weenees.

March 24, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  10. Ms. Wood

Elizabeth Taylor was a great beautiful women, ..why people have to judge her because she was married 8 times ? She just did what made her happy..and did not live for the people she had a full and happy life..that's right he not making you happy on to the next. R.I.P Liz Taylor.

March 24, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Triple Whopper w/cheese and extra mayo

Oh yes...my belly was always full and bloated...like a dead water buffalo.

March 24, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. Human Bean

My favorite quote...Cmon Michael...I know we can get more beads up in your bunkie hole.

March 24, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. leon

another notable liz quote: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

March 24, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  13. leon

My favorite wuote. . . . and i will have 4 double cheeseburgers for desert.

March 24, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. toad

fav quote: I will gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today.

March 24, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. Who's afraid of Virginai Wolfe

Party, party, party...

March 24, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  16. MotionMan

"I do."?
    ;)

March 24, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  17. Natty Velvetta

"Michael, is that your nose on the floor?"

March 24, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  18. Kay Van Aacken

Fav Taylor quote: I adore wearing gems, but not because they are mine. You can't possess radiance, you can only admire it.

March 24, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  19. Beshara Nehme

You are who you are. All you can in this world is help others to be who they are and better themselves and those around them. Elizabeth Taylor.

March 23, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Steven Seagal

Fav quote, "Michael Jackson is my favorite n1gger"

March 23, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Bill & Ted

Wasn't she married to Andy Taylor of Mayberry? Then she ran off to Hollywood and left Opie without a mama!

March 23, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. elle

My favorite LIz quote: I like them weeeeiners. Peoples and hotdog type both.

March 23, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  23. heidi ho

She was an excellent actress. Too bad she got that back injury at such a young age. 17. But she overcame her obstacles to achieve great fame and happiness. And I agree about the phrase 'These always brought me good luck.' And she did have plenty of diamonds. RIP. Your charity work will carry on for many years after your gone.

March 23, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tcaros

As she aged she wore more eye makeup and more weight. At one point she had as much mascara as Tammy Faye.

March 23, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. galix

simply beautiful, long live Liz

March 23, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. madhater

Yo moms lied foo.

March 23, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. patcee

I've gotta see Virginia Wolff again – a great performance by a beautiful star.

March 23, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  28. oldguy

TSR: I missed the news about the "week-long tribute to Charlie Sheen". And when is that going to be on?

March 23, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  29. judy tiffany

Elizabeth Taylor was a fine person. My mother went to school at the studio that Elizabeth Taylor went to.In that year my mother was a freshman, Elizabeth Taylor was a senior. My mother is 81 this year that would make Elizabeth Taylor 84 not 79.She was a hard working actress with lots of talent, but you have her age wrong.

March 23, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jim C

She was the true queen.

March 23, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Me

Back to the question, ya know, fav quotes. "These always brought me luck"! Remeber that?

March 23, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Bruce

A beautiful person with a beautiful soul. Rest in peace, sweetheart.

March 23, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Ann

Wonder if God will forgive her for wrecking up Debbie Reynolds marriage. HOMEWRECKER
    YA THINK????

March 23, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • annie s

Carry grudges, do you?

March 23, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Debbie did why shouldn't God.

March 23, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tia

Ann, you are neither Debbie Reynolds nor God so it's really none of your concern, is it? So sad when people have to sling mud at the dead to make their own pathetic little existence more bearable.

March 23, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • jeanthebeen

Debbie Reynolds forgave her. I'm sure God will be at least as magnanimous. Judge not.

March 23, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • patcee

You can't blame Elizabeth because Eddie Fisher fell for her and left Debbie Reynolds. Women can't be home wreckers unless the husband is a willing participant. Everyone knew he couldn't be her husband for long. She was a strong woman and really needed someone like Richard Burton, only sober. But if he had been sober, would he have been Richard Burton?

March 23, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • xtina

wow... Ann, you are seriously LAME

March 24, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
    • angelflower

women can't wreck happy marriages.... something was lacking... homewreckers are the women we all should be to our husbands daily.... been happily married for twenty years :)

March 24, 2011 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Toppergem

Yes, the Lord forgave her a long time ago, I am sure. So why don't you let it go.

March 25, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Freemont1

The U S has lost their 'QUEEN ELIZABETH' .. RIP

March 23, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  35. robert

There once was a Lady that was so Beautiful that the world she lived in was brightened by here presence !The World seems a little darker today but the Sky is so Bright and I'm sure it is because Liz is with or Savior. For once we all Loved Her now we can all remember her ! A Beautiful Woman A Beautiful Life and Beautiful Children what more could She ask for . You will be missed my Love But Never forgotten. May God himself welcome you into his arms . R.I.P.

March 23, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  36. wakeupcnn

CNN, why are you not covering the Workers who suffered neurological brain damage from cleaning up the BP OIL SPILL, and BP is refusing to accept responsibility??

The video is on youtube search "BP COREXIT" or "BEFORE GOING IN OAK HILL "

March 23, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • TSR

I am not a fan of Liz Taylor, sorry people, I"m not. For the last 15 years, on all tabloids, it's "Liz's last days" headlines. But to get to what your saying, I agree fully. The news media doesn't tell us the news, only what they want us to hear. And that meaning to avoid any "REAL" topic of discussions by giving us a weeklong tribute to Liz Taylor, Charlie Sheen, and whatever else. Sorry to be so blunt.

March 23, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tia

If you don't like these kind of stories, stop clicking on them and replying to them. Because the more people view a topic and click on it, the more popular the story becomes, thus the more types of stories like this they run. D'oh!

March 23, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

Wake up, Wakeup. This is only one of the MANY NEWS stories that CNN is reporting this evening. Shut up.

March 23, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

March 23, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bil Ingram

Elizabeth Taylor brought AIDS and HIV in to the public eye and demanded something be done, and put her money where her mouth is. She created AMFAR. I shudder to think what the face of HIV and AIDS would look like like today if it were not for her. No one- including the then president, was going to do anything.

Liz Taylor has helped make life livable for millions of people- surely that is deserving of sharing the bill with people in high risk jobs.

March 23, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • TJ

Oh hey there clueless. Did you happen to catch the url of this story before you commented? Did you maybe notice the change in layout when you navigated over from the main CNN page?

NO? See, this the marquee blog which covers entertainment. The issue you're complaining about? Not entertainment except for the fact that I'm laughing at your idiocy.

Honestly.

March 23, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • pb

"I call upon you to draw from the depths of your being — to prove that we are a human race, to prove that our love outweighs our need to hate, that our compassion is more compelling than our need to blame." Elizabeth Taylor

March 23, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |