Sammy Hagar: I was abducted by aliens
March 22nd, 2011

Sammy Hagar: I was abducted by aliens

Sammy Hagar makes some out-of-this-world revelations with his new autobiography "Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock."

Besides the usual tales of sex, drugs, and rock and roll, the singer also claims to have been contacted by aliens.

Hagar writes in the book that he once saw two creatures inside a spaceship in the foothills of Fontana, Calif., and now believes they abducted him and tapped into his brain.

"[Aliens] were plugged into me. It was a download situation," he tells MTV Hive. "This was long before computers or any kind of wireless. There weren't even wireless telephones. Looking back now, it was like, 'F—, they downloaded something into me!' Or they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment."

Hagar also had an earlier alien encounter at 4-years-old. "One time I saw what I considered to be, well, at the time I thought it was a car with no wheels," he says. "We lived out in the country and I saw this thing floating across a field, creating this big dust storm. I threw rocks at it… And I don't know what happened after that."

While the former Van Halen frontman is open about his E.T. experiences in his interview, he downplays them in his book because, he says, "I don't want to sound like I'm crazy."

Still, this isn't the first time Hagar has explored the concept of close encounters.

"I have done a few songs that have sci-fi themes," he tells MTV Hive. "There's 'Space Station #5' on the first Montrose album, and then on the second album there's 'Spaceage Sacrifice.'" And on his first solo album, "there's 'Silver Lights' and 'Hot Rocks,' which are about UFOs coming and taking people away," Hagar explains.

"People say there's no other life in the universe," says Hagar. "But you know how big the universe is? It's freakin' huge! If we're really the only ones out there, that's scarier to me than thinking there are aliens."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. wonders of the world

You really make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I find this topic to be actually one thing which I believe I would by no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely extensive for me. I'm looking ahead to your subsequent put up, I'll try to get the dangle of it!

June 2, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. pozycjonowanie

Good day, attractive web log design and style,decent piece of writing and i believe that you are perfect :)

December 19, 2011 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. s2xdoxu9

audio Free VLC Player Download video center

September 22, 2011 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. Kristjan

This i hard to belivie, why abducted bye aliens. They are more clever than that.
    My theory is they are here to study us for good meaning. And they dont wanna infair in our "proplems"
    But when we go on the edge of III War they will stopp that happen.

April 30, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  5. morgana99

Its less remarkable that he was abducted, than that he is one of the one's that remember it. Abductee percentage is at a very high percentage. Its reached non-unique proportions. Enjoy!

April 23, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dr g

-that's not a very unusual story, and it doesn't only come from "people suffering from delusions of grandeur"...i've heard stranger stories: Uli Jon Roth, usually "connected" to the planets, once got VERY clear instructions from Jupiter, telling him to suddenly change the key to a tune he was playing whilst on stage. Now, just IMAGINE his surprise when the OTHER guys in his band, on stage with him, didn't "get the message" from jupiter! C'mon guys, get WITH it..!
    "red"'s a great tale, a very entertaining story & i truly believe that anyone THAT focused can achieve. very inspiring.

April 17, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Eddie Van Healing

I thought Sammy was an alien and that he had abducted David Lee so he could be part a a good rock band???????????

April 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jt

WAY TOO HIGH!

April 8, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joe1020

The alien sucked what little musical creativity he had in him.

March 25, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Kelly

Too much Cabo Wabo Sammy!!

March 25, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LOL

ITS COOL ITSS THEE VOID FORR THEE AREEE ALWAYSS LOVEDDDDDDDDDDD THEEE FALLEN MACHOMEN I WAS ONE THEN I ROSE THEN SPR AND MNP NEVER GAVE UP FOR SURVIVAL WEELL NOW IM YOUR BUDDY, MEN WE ARE STARS WE SHINE WITH LOVE AND BRIGHTNESSS WITHHH REPECTTTTTTTTT

March 25, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. David Lee

Those poor poor aliens.

March 25, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Phil

Quite a shock to learn that Hagar knows the difference between downloading and uploading.

March 24, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Yet again

This is old news ... he has been talking about this is entire career.
    BTW – I just finished reading his book ... it is a fun read and he is a quirky character for sure. He is definitely on a different sort of level, if you see want I mean: Fleets of Ferraris, private plane and multi-million $$ homes around the world will do that to ya.

March 24, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sammy Hagar

Once ya know like kindve a joke I let Eddie Van Halen put his weiner in my mouth. But we were just kiddin around...ya know?...

March 24, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  16. right outa my head

i did not hear one word that you said

March 24, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jose

We didn't abduct Sammy, he came along willingly after having Sheila's special Peyote dip. The dude was so messed up!

March 24, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  18. Zeebzork and Trillip from Wryzzillin

Sammy was the best s-ex we've ever had.

March 24, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  19. Al Gore

Three words. Three. Lock. Box.

March 24, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  20. E.T.

Sammy has been abducted and given buttProbe several times.

March 24, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  21. Too much tequila for Sammy

Too bad those aliens didnt download a brain into Sir Sammy or atleast some talent. BOOOO Sammy...

March 24, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  22. Bill & Ted

you mean "Sammy is still trying to get it right, but not quite reaching his goal," dude.

March 24, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  23. RR Fan

Who cares ..he is still way more talented than the VH brothers or DLR....where are they now? Sammy still is rockin;

March 24, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  24. 5150 rules

I believe he rocks best while surfing with the alien. I readaad the book, it's solid read really. Sammy is a cool cat that still writes good car driving and night time star wAtching music. He also cloned Wil Ferrel and made him a drummer with the aliens help (not in the book). Redheads rule!

March 24, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  25. Rock N Roll Girl

I love Sammy Hagar. I love Van Halen. I love Van Hagar. But seriously Sammy, aliens? Say, put down the drink and step away from the pipe. Slowly now...Ok, there you go.

March 23, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Betty Ford

Step away from the keyboard, girl! You don't know what you're talking about.

March 24, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  26. Bill & Ted

Dude, we still like Van Halen better than Van Hagar. yeah, Sammy's okay, but he's no DLR, dude.

March 23, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Me

@ ew You could start your own blog w/ that! How interesting would that be? Peeps can tell their story w/o being afraid, w/o waiting years for fear of what some1 will think. No1 knows who you are, get it off your chest. As for the comments that come back, well, "sticks & stones"! Right!

March 23, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ew

There are many more people who have had these encounters- but they don't have the guts to report it to anyone – someone close to me had an encounter, and I choose to believe him- it took years for him to tell me- the stigma is amazing

March 23, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Benny V

You're friend wasn't visited by aliens, they only think they were. They probably just had a case of sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming. All of these reports, (where the witness believes they are telling the truth), always take place at night, in the dark, in their bed, half asleep, half-awake, fully dreaming.

April 1, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Me

So that's why he can't drive 55 ! He is right about the universe being huge, though.

March 23, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  30. dee

did he backwards mask on his records that David Lee Roth is dead by aliens? haha..

March 23, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Tracey

That is what happens when you become delusional from drugs or alcohol or the mixture of both. Sammy, that is one hallucination you should have kept to yourself. I wonder if you and Randy Quaid may have the same problem?

March 23, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • zbtrocker

Actually, Sammy is probably one of the most down to Earth (no pun intended) rock stars out there. Sure he likes his tequila, but that's about it.

March 23, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Really? I mean really, really?

I think Sammy and Charlie Sheen are smokin' buddies.
    Anyone with me?

March 23, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Denizen Kate

I thought Sammy WAS an alien! He says says, "I don't want to sound like I'm crazy." Too late!

Why is it that most of the folks who believe they've been abducted have delusions of grandeur? Like, "the aliens chose me because I'm so freakin' special!" Get over yourselves. They remind me of those who believe in reincarnation, all of whom claim to have been someone famous in a past life. Sheesh!

March 23, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Fargone

Man, those aliens could have picked anybody, and they chose him? I'm sure they were fired when they got back to their home planet!

March 23, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. danny

Did he mention what type of drugs he was on at the time of these abduction and visions. Some of the acid from that time frame would allow you to see and hear what ever you wanted or needed. It's a good thing CNN took him at his word on this one.

March 23, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

They didn't "take him at his word," they quoted him. They aren't saying he was abducted by aliens, they are saying he says he was abducted by aliens.

March 23, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  36. HOPE and K PLUS 2 U

If he really was abducted i wish he would have asked those aliens if they have a cure for cancer. C is terrible.

March 23, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • yakky

No cure for cancer will ever be found, because most of it is caused by adding things to your body that make cancer happen. That's like asking for a cure for the acid burn on top of your head, when really all you have to do is ask the guy pouring acid on your head to stop doing it. The key is finding all the bad things and eliminating them. Many are promoted as good things by drug companies and the government so you have to do your own homework. Carbohydrate overdose leading to chronic inflammation is the one big one that should most concern you, because it is hidden, and driven by the corn and soybean industry.

March 24, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  37. Hollywood Cosmotologist

gorsh. i hope he is ok. them aliens can be mean sometimes.

March 23, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Three Lock Box

The aliens came down in the Three Lock Box and abducted him and he managed to escape.

March 23, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Bill & Ted

Dude, we thought David Lee Roth got abducted, and you were his clone replacement, only the aliens messed up the face and the voice!

March 23, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  40. Todd

Translation: Sammy Hager has become completely irrelevent and saying you were abducted by aliens willl surely get your name ack in the spotlight, for a few seconds. Mission accomplished Sammy.

March 23, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  41. Steven Seagal

Sammy Hagar is so old that the first world war was going on when he was 4.

March 23, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • zbtrocker

And yet he's still got a better voice than 98% of the crap that's on the radio today. And, no, I'm not old.

March 23, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fact check

You believe that WWI was being fought in 1951? Interesting take on world history.

March 23, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. The star shaped poopsicle

Awesome!

March 23, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  43. Head Diva In Charge

You know what's scarier to ME other then aliens? Sammy Hagar.

March 23, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • David Lee

Bahahahah .... exactly what I was thinking at exactly the same time you wrote this ...haha..um... get out of my brain alien!!!

March 25, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eddie Van Healing

I see those same aliens everytime I put that needle in my arm!

April 15, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |