'Tupac' movie holding online auditions
March 21st, 2011

'Tupac' movie holding online auditions

If you think you've got what it takes to portray slain rapper Tupac Shakur in a movie, now's your chance.

As Marquee previously reported, a biopic about Shakur, who was shot to death in 1996, is currently in the works and is slated to begin shooting this spring. Now producers are holding an online open casting call to find an actor to portray the music icon, reports the L.A. Times.

To audition, aspiring actors must visit InSearchOfTupac.skeetv.com and upload a five-minute video of themselves reciting the provided monologue from one of Shakur's courtroom appearances and performing a 60-second rap of one of Shakur's songs. Auditions began on March 18 and end April 30.

"We’re looking for someone with the right mix of raw charm and charisma for the role," said producer David Robinson in a statement. "At this point, we’re more concerned about finding someone with the ability to give their entire heart into the performance than just looks and personality.”

The L.A. Times reports that "Tupac," directed by Antoine Fuqua (“Training Day"), will chronicle Shakur’s rise as a rapper and actor, his legal woes and imprisonment, and his unsolved murder.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Music

1. Shotty

Dahsack should play Tupac he has the look and he sounds like him, check out his audition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0kd4Nww-Go&feature=youtube_gdata_player

November 30, 2013 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jamarcus M. Craig

You tube pwelawson and subscribe

December 7, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. Chucky

I wish i would have known about this. I know for a fact. I could play the role of my favorite rapper. But, i'm glad this movie is in the works. Notorious was very good. So, I expect Pac's movie to be very good as well.

October 31, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. (Download links, torrent, full version, system requirements, under 100MB, Razor1911 Games)

I cherished up to you'll obtain performed proper here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. however, you command get bought an shakiness over that you want be handing over the following. in poor health surely come more in the past once more as exactly the same just about a lot incessantly inside of case you protect this hike.

July 11, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. ( wupload l ul.to download links l torrent l full version l system requirements l under 100MB)

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am happy to exhibit that I've an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot surely will make sure to don?t forget this website and provides it a look regularly.

July 7, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. (media movies, media multiple, antivirus 2012)

Definitely imagine that which you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be at the web the simplest factor to keep in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst other folks consider issues that they plainly don't understand about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the entire thing without having side-effects , other folks can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you

July 4, 2012 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. logo design

I have learn several just right stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you set to make such a fantastic informative site.

June 17, 2012 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  8. web domains

Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I had been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vibrant transparent idea

May 15, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. webuyanycar

I do trust all the ideas you have introduced on your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too quick for novices. May just you please prolong them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.

April 21, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. boatgames.biz

I beloved up to you'll receive performed proper here. The caricature is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you would like be handing over the following. ill undoubtedly come further previously once more as precisely the similar nearly very steadily inside of case you protect this increase.

March 31, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Clipperman Godboldo

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRmE46nca6w&w=640&h=390]

March 13, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Marc Scratch

Marc Scratch feat. Young Noble of The Outlawz – Lettin' Up
    http://www.marc-scratch.de or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1sswVt26RE

August 13, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  13. ANA A1 pretty Girl

I think it would be a great movie!!!

July 28, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. makizzle

Most of yall hatin on Makaveli r either sell outs, listenin 2 crap like punk rock, grunge or hard rock or whatever. Tupac exposed American politics, the crooked judical system and he stayed true 2 himself unlike ppl of 2day. So before u go and try 2 dog a legend do ur research c what he was truly about. if any of yall haters got shot in new york, u would of folded. Hopefully this movie portray how he live to the term "Still I Rise" in this movie. all you naysayers, kick rocks!

July 18, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Eddie Unconditional

is there any way i can audtion for another role in the movie?like a body guard or friend he had or sumthin?HELP ANSWER ME BACK, ILL DO IT FOR FREE!!

June 20, 2011 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
  16. frank cox

I think I could play the poc role.

June 13, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. J.Louie Aka Young Makaveli

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYpgJ25d6H0&w=425&h=349]

May 14, 2011 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
  18. J.Louie Aka Young Makaveli

@2pac BACK! Louie 4 "Tupac" BioPic http://youtu.be/PYpgJ25d6H0 R U STILL DOWN 4 My Ambitionz Az A Ridah!

May 14, 2011 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  19. Name*blanca

How can I submit my audition?? .. I just found out today... If anyone can help... I would appreciate it...

May 1, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  20. dashon

Dashon kirby, add me on facebook and see me I should have the part as tupac

April 22, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  21. DJ Lukk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEoLNVtEb0A&w=1280&h=750]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEoLNVtEb0A&w=640&h=390]

April 20, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Mr GRIM

TUPAC AUDITION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLICK THIS LINK>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEH-VGBVMvU

April 14, 2011 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  23. Mr GRIM

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEH-VGBVMvU&w=480&h=390]

April 14, 2011 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  24. joy watson

i think tyrese should audition for the role of 2pac

April 5, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  25. FeLoNy FiLeD N tX

People these days... Low life racist B%#ch's!!!!
    Anyway bout time a real Tupac movie coming out,there's been to much emenem hype and in comparison who ever started that crap must be fake and kicks it with fake people...another things no jarule he's going to ruin the movie no rapper should play Pac reason is every rapper already has there own name and style you can't put it to the side(rappers) to play a role of a legend knowing that you are you,pac is pac...it has to be an actor a fresh face...oh yea haters you got to love them cause they can sit there an hide and talk down on a legend behind closed doors and they know there weak in everyway cause a real hater will tell you in public and post there real name address phone # but they don't cause they scared! YOU! WE RUN IT AND YOU KNOW IT! ( STREET) TEXICAN

April 2, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  26. tmartin

Leave it alone! No one can come close to the heart that Pac had. The movie may be a good story, but altimately it will be a joke. As far as Jarule, I could do better than him!

April 1, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  27. Chi

As a unique way to celebrate the life of the poet, son and man that was Tupac Amaru Shakur, I came up with the Tupac Project.

March 31, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Henry

tupac blows and so did notorious im glad there both dead

March 27, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
    • lisa

Tupac was a talented young man, he was a philospher, an activist and a great actor. Evenif you don't like rap you deny his charisma.

August 21, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

Henry- Because your inability to say something original and maturity, I believe the world is better off with childish people like you. The majority of the people I grew up with quit saying things like that after 10th grade. Let's hope that you are not an adult.

August 21, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Omar

i look like tupac I get it every where I go no matter where I am , I talk just like him , I know all his songs , I'm also a big fan of him. My name is omar thrower and I'm 31 years old

March 26, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Cree

Have y'all been watching some of the auditions. They are pretty pathetic if you ask me LOL. Either they are read from the actually script while they are filming and/or they can't read, they can't spell SMH...or just can't act. This one was half way decent, he seemed to have some potential...he needs work though.
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_jK4Bltp4o&w=640&h=390]

March 26, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  31. Really? Seriously?

Like being a rapper is anything to brag about. Half the punks in my 'hood think they're bad*$$ rappers, the other half are dead r in jail.

March 22, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ebony

Tupac is the GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME!

March 22, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  33. derp

Get my glock and a forty! I'm tryin' out for the role of Sixpac Shakur.

Hey, just out of curiosity, shouldn't they have changed his name to onepac after he got one of his balls shot off.

Get it....one pac!

March 22, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  34. derp

"aight ya'll wanna dis on pac? ya might wanna forget it pac was one of the most influential rappers of the 90's, he kept rap alive and made it what it is. rap isnt just a music genre teens listen to rap is about some thing greater......emotion and true understanding. tupac rapped about love, peace, california, and his family. unlike rappers today tupac had a purpose for why he rapped and played in movies, to show the world what there missin. so if u wanna diss on someone dis jay z or emeniem or justin beiber even the jonas brothers but keep tupac out of it. R.I.P TUPAC"

Nebonics?

March 22, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  35. Really? Seriously?

Rap is a 4-letter word; it starts with C. Rap is musical plagarism and bad poetry by people too lazy to learn how to play an intrument!

March 22, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  36. Tom

I cant wait for this movie to come out!

March 22, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  37. Yo Blud

JaFool gonna be goin to jail soon.

March 22, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  38. whisper

Rob Van Winkle should play him.since he really is the only rapper that actually has talent.
    Ice Ice Baby

March 22, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  39. D

oops, couple grammer errors there-don't nitpick grammar nazis lol

March 21, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  40. D

This movie can do really good, especially if they get someone that isn't famous or well known. If the movie is a success...this person playing the role is going to blow up just like twilight and will be given the greatest opportunities-and if there from a hard place it will inspire others living in situations like many famous rappers to aspire to do someting with their lives. Not being racist, but the greatest stories are told by those who have been in 'the ghetto' and gone through a very hard life. Tupac was very talented and I like a few songs, even though I'm not a huge fan of that genre of music...

March 21, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Chris

A lame comment from a coward who has nothing better to do than insult a dead man over the internet. Tupac has accomplished more in death than you ever will in your life.

March 21, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Tyrone

this just another way to get poor peoples moneys on an old subject. tupac can only die once. this movie already been made. lets him r.i.p.

March 21, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Mad Dog No Good

There is not 1 actor that we know who can play this part. So it's good they are looking @ other people we dont know.

March 21, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  44. madhater

Dat foo always cry-n bout his mama.

March 21, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  45. itsame

they should get an unknown actor to play this role. it will be interesting to see how hes portrayed cause even though he was a rapper his first passion was performing on a stage, something that is quite well known by fans. As for the punk racist comments: its obvious you ppl have had a bad run in with a co worker, classmate, or random black guy and now judge all by your traumatic experience. just because your girlfriend went black n never went back doesnt make ALL of them bad.

March 21, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Avon Barksdale

@ itsame and everybody else that LOVE Tupac ignore the racist comments and all the haters. More than half of the comments on here are gonna be from people who claim to hate him but have at least one album or song from him in their home, on their ipod or in their car. Ignore them like those ads for products that pop up every other second. Once they see everybody ignoring them they will stop posting comments. Most of them are 21 year old unemployed people who are 300 lbs and mad because they are invisible to rest of the world.

March 21, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Avon Barksdale

Hopefully they dont mess up Tupac's movie like they did Biggie's. The movie 'Notorious' about Christopher Wallace was horrible. When famous people die Hollywood always rushes to make a movie about them, and 9 times out of 10 it's not good. They usually get it right the 2nd time. EXAMPLE: ALI with Will Smith was better than the original movie about Muhummad Ali. #2 Selina – Played by Jennefer Lopez was ok but was made real quick. #3 JFK – One of the best film's ever but it was about Jim Garrison searching for the killer not John Kennedy. The good thing is their looking for someone new and not just getting Denzel Washington (too old anyway) or some other well known actor to shave his head off and thinking that will be good enough. Let's hope they get this one right.

March 21, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Avon Barksdale

I meant "shave his hair off". Also the director should be SPIKE LEE not Antoine Fuqua. SPIKE LEE made one of the best movies that was based on a true story/person. And Denzel Washington became Malcolm X in that film. Antoine Fuqua is great but if you really want this movie to be good or Oscar worthy you wanna go with SPIKE LEE. If he cant direct it maybe he can be an advisor or producer on the film. NO OTHER BLACK DIRECTOR HAS TOLD OUR STORIES LIKE SPIKE LEE HAS. Sorry John Singleton, Antoine Fuqua, Hype Williams, etc. I'm just saying what every body else is thinking.

March 21, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Don't See the Humor

Such ignorant comments by some idiots ( you know who you are). I think JaRule would be good.

March 21, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  48. jammastaj

March 21, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  49. jammastaj

March 21, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  50. sonylegend

When you are on top YOU WILL GET LIT UP BY THE ILLUMINATI....You Kill 2pac... replace him with Ja Rule. You kill Martin Luther King.... replace him with Jesse Jackson. You kill Malcolm X... and replace him with Louis Farrakhan..... All the Replacements are under control and in the pocket. The Nation of Islam is a joke. http://WWW.SONYLEGEND.COM THE GAME IS NOW OVER

March 21, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  51. YOUBRO

TUPAC SHOULD JUST BE PLAYED BY TUPAC. ISNT HE OUT OF MONEY YET.

March 21, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Yogi

Picture me Rollin

March 21, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  53. D

And you're washed up trailer trash. You are not clever-but stupid.

March 22, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |