Lynda Carter digs new Wonder Woman costume
March 21st, 2011

Lynda Carter digs new Wonder Woman costume

Everyone's got an opinion about Adrianne Palicki's costume for the upcoming "Wonder Woman" series, and now the original Amazing Amazon herself, Lynda Carter, is weighing in.

"What's not to like?" Carter tells the Hollywood Reporter. "Adrianne looks gorgeous, and I'm really looking forward to seeing David E. Kelley's new series."

Carter, who played Wonder Woman in the popular '70s show, also urges fans to be open-minded when the new NBC series airs.

"You know, I'm very sensitive to the fact that she will be compared," Carter tells E! Online of Palicki. "There's no getting around it. It is what it is. I would hope that people would cut her some slack. I'm sure there will be people who say she looks better than me and like her better than me — and that's also fine. I want this story to be told again. I'm really excited. I can't wait to see it."

Though Carter has hinted that she may appear in the new "Wonder Woman" — which also stars Elizabeth Hurley as the crime fighter's nemesis, Veronica Cale, and Cary Elwes as the CEO of the corporation owned by Wonder Woman's alter ego, Diana Themyscira — she now says there are no plans for her to participate.

"I talked to David about doing something in the pilot but with my new CD, 'Crazy Little Things,' coming out in April and touring for the album, we couldn't coordinate our schedules," she tells the Hollywood Reporter. "But you never know what will happen in the future. Stay tuned!"

1. Mystery Man

You have to update the costume and not keep it completely the same for Wonder Woman. Give it a chance. Find a new costume and experience life!

September 29, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bobert

I never would put Lynda Carter in the Amazon category, she is still incredible looking, now the lady on Good Morning America-she's an Amazon!. I'm afraid my remote is going to break because I spend my mornings switching between GMA and CNN Headlines New with Robin Meade.

March 22, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. D

actually, its not. "Should've" is the same as "should have", not "should of" – but either way they didn't write it correctly.

March 21, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andy K.

Yes it's a common error: 'should of' instead of 'should have' which is contracted to should've. And yes Lynda Carter is awesome and gracious and still beautiful in my eyes.

February 10, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Grammar Police

It's not
    "should of", stupid! It's "should've"; it's called a contraction. Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, are we?

March 21, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mike C

Gotta love Lynda. Beautiful and gracious. How many actors/actresses in her position (made the role "famous" on TV) would have the humility to say give the new girl a chance?

March 21, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @N

I dont like her costume she should of stuck with the old one

March 21, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Truthwillsetyoufree

I wish they would have gotten a tougher looking female for the role. Still to delicate. Needs to be a woman that kicks ass.

March 21, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |