HBO plans Dick Cheney miniseries
March 21st, 2011

HBO plans Dick Cheney miniseries

HBO is taking a walk on "The Dark Side."

A rep for the company has confirmed to CNN that the company has given the green light to a miniseries about former Vice President Dick Cheney.

The project will be based on the "Frontline" documentary about Cheney, "The Dark Side,"  as well as the book "Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency" by Barton Gellman.

The miniseries will trace Cheney's career from being Donald Rumsfeld’s protégé in the Nixon administration to his time as  Chief of Staff for President Gerald Ford, which led to posts serving as Secretary of Defense in George H.W. Bush's administration and later Vice President under President George W. Bush.

The look into the life and times of the former VP and his controversial two terms in the White House will be written by Rick Cleveland, who previously worked with Aaron Sorkin on another political project, the critically acclaimed TV drama "The West Wing."

CNN previously reported that HBO will also be the home for "Game Change," a movie about another polarizing politician, Sarah Palin.

HBO is owned by the parent company of CNN.

1. lincoln mercury

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You appear to understand so much approximately this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something. I think that you simply could do with some p.c. to drive the message home a bit, however other than that, this is excellent blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.

June 26, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. eerin

I hope this shows him in his true light (darkness). Possibly the worst politician to ever serve this country. A capable and intelligent man, but self serving, corrupt and evil to the core. "Deficits don't matter" He robbed this country and most people don't even know what happened.

March 22, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Steven Seagal

Even though this sorry ba5tard is evil, it beats having to watch all the fudge packers on regular TV.

March 22, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Levi Schatz

While I have little use for Dick Cheney, this will be another character assasination of someone that has different views than that of CNN.

March 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Russ

HaHaHaHa, what a boring show this will be. Didn't they already do Batman and the Penguin in another show or movie?

March 22, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ART

I've already seen the Star Wars movies will he be reprising his role as Darth Vader

March 22, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ken from FL

Wow, another hatchet job on a conservative from HBO. What a freaking surprise! CNN must be salivating at the propsect of doing a review.

March 22, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. JD

This is one of the most evil men alive today and he may well be a war criminal, along with a host of others. Safe to say I won't be Tivo'ing this one...what a stoopid idea.

March 22, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. Dick Cheney

I've logged the IPs of everyone here, none shall be spared.

March 22, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  10. thmadm

I wonder if they are going to bring up his child molesting days. Read the book " Tranceformation of America " by Kathy O' Brien and find out about the real Dick Cheney.

March 22, 2011 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  11. tcaros

Maybe good old dead eye DICK can explain how he shot "a friend' in the face.

March 22, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  12. tcaros

No matter how much history revision they attempt with Bush and Cheney, no matter how many paid pens to write false stories... it remains that they both were the worst ever in office and even worse people personally.

March 22, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  13. tcaros

The book should be called: Traitor and War Criminal: Dick Cheney

March 22, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. Dan

This is fine but when is 'Obama the fraud' or 'Rangel the tax cheat' coming out?

March 21, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Leo From East Texas

If Elvis Presley was alive and well.....Sitting at graceland in front of his HD Flat Screen TV.... He would probley shoot out his TV........If he was to see this crap.........And he was a Republican... but i have a feeling he would'nt like these two nimrods........

March 21, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Dick Cheney

@James M, I'd like to thank you for lettin me do your p00per twice. I sure hope they don't show me blowin those midgets in the white house bathroom or the time I was doin the boyscout on the overnight camp out or the reason why I have so many heart attacks because I shove enormous objects up my butt. They better not show me blowin all those defense contractors for bus fare. I made my daughter gay by molesting her all her life and no my father was not satan, my grandfather was, he promised I could be the new reaper, how you guys think I'm doing?

March 21, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. James M (Semper Fi)

Dick Cheney was probably the strongest Vice-President we've been fortunate enough to have in the last 100 years. This man is incredibly intelligent, principled, and dedicated to the greatness of America. I loved the way, whenever the liberal left attack dogs would try to trip him up or box him in a corner during an interview, he would remain totally in control, have great command of the facts, and thoroughly demolish their attempts; he was phenomenal, and it was brilliant to behold! While I think a mini-series on him could be very interesting and illuminating, I feel like this will be another hatchet job not accurately portraying his strengths and contributions to this nation's security. Happy to have served during his time in office.

March 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  18. pkfops

The hunting incident might be worth watching.

March 21, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • tcaros

Just like the WMDs that weren't there.. Dick thought that rustle in the brush was a deer so he shot without proof.

Oops, just shot a friend in the face.... Oops just sacrificed 4,000 troops.

March 22, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  19. Truth Hurts

CNN helps further their agenda by keeping you misinformed. do your own research. the liberal media is lying to you! wake up!

March 21, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Truth Hurts

Wall Street fail caused by wealthy liberal Illuminati & Bilderbergers to destroy the middle class. They pit white against color, only to further their evil schemes !

March 21, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Eric in Colorado

The administration who removed more American civil rights in our history, then allowed Wall Street to tank our economy and watch millions of Americans lose their jobs. Cheney personally moved the gasoline contracts for the Armed Services over to Halliburton before becoming its President. Why would HBO want us to endure more of this guy? Haven't we endured enough and paid him for it?

March 21, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. JPX

They should cast the guy that played the Emperor in the Star Wars films to play Cheney. It would be very appropriate.

March 21, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Ken

Just herd about it this afternoon and cancelled my subscription to HBO. They can show all they please about the "Dark Side" but I don't have to help pay for it.

March 21, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mary Ann

The only thing I want to hear about Dick Cheney,is the evil man finally dies.

March 21, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  25. JNYC

He's more machine than man now; twisted and evil.

March 21, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Superhiro

I wonder if they'll show the coffin full of children's blood that he sleeps in, or his nuclear armed, deep sea volcano base, or what he looks like without his human skin on.

March 21, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Leo from East Texas

Chenney & Palin on HBO......What the Hell's going own over there at HBO.....Them two are not ...What's the word you guys used Polarizing Figures...... NOT.....More like TWO NIMRODS....

March 21, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  28. jerry

why would hbo abuse us with this crap about cheney aka daddy bushies right hand $$$$ man hang'em high!!!! hbo

March 21, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Bearclaw Palin

He stole my Eastern Cougar rug..then accidently shot my daughter Bristol in the arm... .

March 21, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  30. C. Jameson

If HBO puts this criminal on TV and glorifies him, I will throw a brick at my set.

March 21, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. mejazzbo

I hope it has a happy ending. At least a few minutes looking into the future with Cheney and Bush behind bars.

March 21, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. jerry

the so called last scene should be the real cheney hanging with bush 1 and 2!!!! really would be sell out crowd to match

March 21, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  33. SLG

As far as I am concerned this person is a war criminal and I can't stand him. I for sure won't waste my time watching.

March 21, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  34. mike

bound to be a true horror show. hopefully they will shed some light on the military contracting scandals that have been the hallmark of Cheney's "service". we now have a military that can't wash it's clothes or prepare it's meals – all for the profit of haliburton.

March 21, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  35. What are you thinkin'

Glad I don't have TV anymore!!!What a waste of air space for sure! They burried this country with their wars! Won't miss him when he is gone.

March 21, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Benji

They're also planning one for Bush, a cartoon miniseries.

March 21, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Irene

Didn't watch W. and won't watch this series either. It was painful enough watching these criminals live in office. HBO has & had some great series that were entertainment.A Cheney miniseries would be the opposite of entertaining!

March 21, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Sgt. Joe

Really never want to hear anything more about this criminal.

March 21, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Greenspam

Worst mini-series ever.

March 21, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ja

damm can this folk die and be a distant memory, before you start plastering their images on the screens, we just lived the bush/cheny horror years

March 21, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  41. What the F...???

Satan...opps I'm the Republican party must be paying for this tribute to the evil one. This guy scares me Baaaaad!! Please have another heart attack real soon Dickless Cheney. 1000's of dead souls by your hands await you in Hell.....

March 21, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • fofo

Don't you know you should not curse Satan.

March 21, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Libtards

Really, your calling the Republican party satan? You are a absolute idiot.

March 22, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Libtards

You need some help you moron wishing death on someone. Oh wait you liberals are so peaceful huh? The only person that should scare you baaaaaad is your messiah Obama. Have a nice night you peaceful loving liberal idiot.

March 22, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
    • D

This is in response to Libtards: I've heard this nonsense from Republicans over and over...let me enlighten you, because it's fairly obvious you follow the fox doctrine. Republicans have screamed Antichrist for about 2 years now..let's look at what the bible actually says: "having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name..there is also mention of one head that is wounded. Let's look at history shall we, who is the one figure head that has become hated worldwide...that would be Bush, (he is wounded and will never be in charge again, ever). And this GOP movement in this country is blasphemy, because they use the name of God to justify doing the exact opposite of what the Bible preaches about the poor, lending, you name it. So being a believer...the antichrist is not Obama...the true Antichrist are the leaders of the right wing movement in this country. I know this opens the floodgate, but reality is..I'm not the only Christian that see's it.

March 22, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Clwyd

LIbertards! Yes, having lived through thte first two months of Walker in Wisconsin we have seen Satan and know it is Walker and the republicans Wackos!

March 22, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Buzz

Oh 'Tards, you're such a wordsmith.

March 22, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  42. LouAZ

Shouldn't a Cheney Show be on the Cartoon or Comedy Channel ? No ? How about the SyFy Channel ?

March 21, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  43. TOM

Can't wait to see it! I hope its the truth!

March 21, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Superhiro

Didn't they already make this? You know, the one where Cheney ends up being Luke Skywalker's father at the end?

March 21, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe from CT, not Lieberman

No, he was the one who tried to kill Luke's father!

March 22, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  45. lac

i will not be watching this pos show or the other one coming out with sarah falin. what a joke.

March 21, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Truthwillsetyoufree

Can't believe you'd celebrate this evil jerk. USA celebrates all of the evils in life. What a country...

March 21, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • vinilou

This is uncanny. This man should be held on criminal charges, not only for all of the deaths of fine American military personnel...but for the untold amount of the citizens of Iraq. It makes me sick!

March 21, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aaron

HBO does series about serial killers, murderers, etc. Cheney fits right into their criteria as a sociopath, liar, thief, and mass murderer.

March 21, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Moe NY

Just another horror/satan based miniseries, the only difference is that Cheney is real, and is still trying to spew his lies to Americans. How could this horror/satan miniseries possibly find anything positive to say about this person? I really do think this man, Bush, etc. should be brought up on criminal charges. Will be interesting to see what kind of spin they put on Cheney.....to make him seem human, and not a corporate slug. By the way...who owns HBO?

March 22, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |