Cher to record country album
March 21st, 2011

Cher to record country album

When Cher made a surprise appearance at the 2010 Country Music Awards, the audience was a bit confused. “My being present here tonight is probably not as strange as it may seem,” Cher said. “I have a few country creds.”

It’s making more sense now – music producer Mark Bright has confirmed Cher will be recording a country album in the near future. Bright is known for his work with stars Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts and Reba McEntire.

“Cher knows that her listeners also listen to country music, so she felt it was a natural thing to develop a country music relationship,” Bright told Silk and Denim Music.

It’s been 10 years since Cher last released a solo album - 2001’s “Living Proof” debuted at No. 9 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart but didn’t see the success of its predecessor “Believe.” Since then, Cher’s been appearing in Las Vegas and on the big screen. Her movie “Burlesque” made approximately $39 million at the domestic box office.

There is no word on the release date for Cher’s country debut yet. Are you eagerly awaiting its arrival?

1. amazonka

Pretty component to content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to say that I get actually loved account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing on your feeds and even I achievement you get entry to constantly rapidly.

April 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Henry

@d were heartless and dont care who died in a skiing accident

March 27, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. Henry

i thought Cher died like 5 years ago oops

March 27, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  4. BuDmIkE

Awesome !! I LOVE Cher . Anything she does is great !! I've seen her in concert & was AWESOME !!! Wish she was my BABE !!!!

March 25, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. derp

I guess rednecks are the only left stupid enough to buy her music.

March 22, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. Really? Seriously?

Great! We can play her country album non-stop for days when we go over to Libya to drive Qadafi out of his compound. Shouldn't take too long.

March 22, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  7. D

Did she run out of ideas for the current genre she's in? Now she has to resort changing and going country-which is not hard at all-anyone can sing country. And hoping she gets into a deadly skiing is terrible...my girlfriend's boyfriend died in a skiing accident...

March 21, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. #1 Cher Fan

YEAH! Shell be great doing country. Shes already beautiful and already has a great soinging voice. Excellent for a woman of her age! Cant wait to see what she has to offer.

March 21, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. madhater

I hope she gets in a deadly skiing accident.

March 21, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Liz

Oh my. I will buy it because I love Cher's voice. But the idea does make me feel a little nervous for her. "Just Like Jesse James" could've been a crossover to country radio. If she stays in that area, this album might be great. I hope she doesn't go too country. I'm not sure it would be received well. Viva la Cher, anyway. I'm a fan! At least she has guts.

March 21, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jillmarie

Why not put out a country album? She's done so much in her career- I think it would be great to listen to her take on another genre. As one poster pointed out, she may have done something like this with the Allman Bros (I'm too young to have heard it, first time I'm hearing of this). Good for her for changing things up so frequently!

March 21, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Chopping block

If I recall correctly Cher was born with a tallywhacker that was lopped off at the age of 11...I believe.

March 21, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Gregg Allman

She married me and I ran off on a 9 day heroine spree...LOL. We did Allman and woman and thanks to her it was a flop.

March 21, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

good to see you're still around, I bet being married to Cher was a real eye opening experience?

March 21, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. moon627

she may as well – everyone else is doing it – because they can ... in fact anyone with a voice can sing that country crap

btw ... didnt she already do something similar back in her Allman Bros days ?

March 21, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |