C. Thomas Howell spills 'Spider-Man' secrets
March 21st, 2011

C. Thomas Howell spills 'Spider-Man' secrets

Oops! Someone's spilling secrets from the set of the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man" movie.

The culprit? None other than "The Outsiders" star C. Thomas Howell.

Howell, who has a small role in the upcoming 3-D action adventure, accidentally let some top-secret information about the film's plot slip out during a recent radio interview — and if you don't want to know about it, stop reading now.

Though it has only been rumored until now that British actor Rhys Ifans will play Spidey's nemesis the Lizard, Howell has confirmed that the reports are true.

"Sony wants us to be hush-hush right now," he told Retroradio, according to MovieWeb. "I play a construction worker whose son is caught in the middle of a battle between the Lizard and Spider-Man on the Manhattan bridge. Spider-Man helps me get my son back from this perilous situation. There is some payback there at the end of the movie."

What kind of payback?

"Spider-Man is kind of hurting," explains Howell. "I help him when all of the other people won't. Part of the story is the nation thinks he might be a bad guy. They don't know what to think. Because of my experience on the bridge with my kid, I know he is a good guy. I pitch in and help out at the end."

"The Amazing Spider-Man," starring Andrew Garfield as the title character, will soar into theaters in July 2012.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Spider-Man

1. Dad

With a name like C. Thomas, you know he's a peter puffer

March 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. lac

he could have told the the whole movie, it would have made no difference to me. cable.

March 22, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. garyd

Whew ! What a relief the suspense was killing me.Thanks C. Thomas Howell now I can skip the reboot and just wait for the DVD to drop in 2013.You just saved me $12 for an admission ticket,$6.75 for popcorn,$4.50 for a soft drink and $15 for parking!!!

March 22, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  4. Guggenheim

Spider-Man (2002) is the greatest film of all time

Spider-Man 2 is a classic as well so naturally I can't wait for this film.

March 21, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tards mommy

@ @N please come home you forgot your meds,and you bumped your head.

March 21, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @N

Pony Boy u would be so retarted that u will ram urself into a tree until u bash ur head open and die if u were a horse.And stick to the comic .

March 21, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Not A Fan

ENOUGH ALREADY! Does every movie have to have a gazillion sequels? Marvel comic movies arent that good to begin with, let alone with a sequel.

March 21, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

It's a revamp of the original. That does not make it a sequel. I do agree, though. It doesn't sound like a good movie.

heidiandfrank . com

March 22, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • efd40

That's like asking if there needs to be another James Bond movie. They aren't even sequels, its just a franchise character. Marvel and DC have many franchise characters that literally millions of people recognize and will pay money to see movies about. That's all the movie studios need to know. No one cares if you in particular are not a fan–it just doesn't matter.

March 22, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. Spider senses are tingling

And what of Kirsten Dunst? will we see her in another "wet" scene with her "pokies" standing at attention? mmm tasty!

March 21, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Pony Boy

If I was a horse they would shoot me... .

March 21, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Superhiro

The Lizard huh? Kinda wondered why they never used the Lizard in the first 3 Spidey films, particularly since his character was in all 3 movies.

March 21, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |