'Glee' stars reveal secrets of Blaine and Kurt's kiss
March 20th, 2011

'Glee' stars reveal secrets of Blaine and Kurt's kiss

"Glee" fans weren't the only ones who thought Kurt and Blaine's kiss was a big deal. The stars themselves admit even they made a production of it.

"I had a Wisp [mini toothbrush] and some ChapStick," Chris Colfer, who plays Kurt, told MTV News. "I did not eat the onions and the Chinese food that they brought to set that day as a courtesy."

Colfer kidded that co-star Darren Criss, who plays Blaine, wasn't as kind. "The boy likes Doritos and tuna, let me tell ya," said the Golden Globe winner.

In truth, Criss said he couldn't wait to shoot the smooching scene.

"I really enjoyed it, because we've all been waiting for it," he said. "I've been waiting for it, and like I've said, the groundwork was laid down so perfectly that on the day, it felt very natural. I was just so happy, it was like a release. Finally, we got [it]. It was building for so long, so I think the excitement that the fans felt was definitely felt in that room. It was very special."

Following that kiss, the two will be taking their relationship to the next level by attending the prom together.

”That story is ripped-from-the-headlines," executive producer Ryan Murphy told TVLine at a PaleyFest panel discussion. "Can you imagine two boys wanting to go to the prom in Ohio?" (For more on "Glee's" PaleyFest panel - complete with plenty of photos and a few spoilers - check out iReporter Joshua Estrin's recap.)

That's not to say everything will go smoothly between the guys. It's rumored that Kurt may transfer from Dalton Academy back to McKinley High. "Distance makes the heart grow fonder, right? That's what they tell me," said Colfer. "So even if they do go through some bumps in the road, it would be very realistic."

Don't expect them to stay separated for long, though. Murphy said Season 3 will see Blaine auditioning to become a member of McKinley's New Directions. Also headed to McKinley next year: Gwyneth Paltrow, who will reprise her popular role as substitute teacher Holly Holiday yet again.

"Gwyneth is sort of the muse of the show. I'm friendly with her," said Murphy. "She's also somebody who I write on the weekends and say, ‘What do you think about this for an episode even if you're not in it?' She has opinions. She's great."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • television

1. teen

The fact is, gay is a world conflict. Your kids will be exposed to it everywhere. Stories about gay marraiges have been all over the news within the past few years. If you don't want your kids seeing real life issues that teens have to deal with everywhere, then stick with Disney.

March 24, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sue

I personally thought this was the best Glee show ever. Great musical numbers, big lead up to the kiss, and just a lot of fun. Get off your high horse, people, it's called "entertainment"!

March 24, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • KC

Completely agree. My favorite part was Kurt's hand on Blaine's cheek... it was so... well... Kurt.

March 25, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Amanda

I am pretty sure he doesn't like tuna.

March 24, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. kurtloverr31511

Listen, I am a huge Kurt/Blaine shipper. I've supported them from the moment I knew they could be a potential couple. Because everyone deserves to be happy and Kurt was being destroyed. Was I hoping for a kiss? Yes, indeed I was. And I am a straight, teenage girl. So you can say what you want about it being 'inappropriate,' but I completely disagree. It's good that in a world gone mad, someone is getting what they want for a change.

As for Gwyneth... she adds a lot of humor, but I think she's quite overrated. She didn't do Joan Jett's "Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)" any justice, coming from a huge Joan fan.

March 23, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Deb

IMHO Gywneth really isn't pulling off her part that well. It's like she's running the lines but doesn't really believe in her part. Maybe she's too old to be so "young at heart"? Idk. As far as the kiss, it's a normal thing between a girl and a guy so why not between two guys??? For all the people out there that think gays don't exist in the teen world, grow up and stop being so naive! There are gay teens everywhere and if this show portrays real life incidents then it opens up discussion for you as a parent with your teens. It's also not meant for young kids or tweens, it's a 14 age group and up so please don't let your kids watch it just because a group of teens sing on it. It's meant to be more than a singing show.

March 23, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. albert

This show is taking a nose dive. It will end soon.

March 23, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. carrie

THIS is not a kids show!!!! This show is based on high school students! Nothing wrong at all with this show.

March 23, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angelica

It's not a prime time show anymore!!!!!! BTW you must have been in the same class with CHAPSTICK who entered high school at 18.

March 23, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tyler

a dude and a girl kissing? gross, eeewww, disgusting...i really don't mind what they do behind the door, but do they have to show it to the world???? Seriously cowgirl88?

March 23, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. FRAN

Not happy with Paltrow on the show she was never a great actress and certainly not a great singer. It's all to fake and uncomfortable she just does not mesh. Just my opinion of course but at this stage of the game go back to mediocre screen acting. I have gay friends have no problems with gays could care less if they marry have kids whatever but don't think the BIG kiss was needed on this show I can see the show suffering from it. Prime time with young kids watching was not the time and place for this.

March 23, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • FazzoneCat

With all due respect, completely DISAGREE! I LOVE Gwyneth on this show!

March 23, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Angelica

My kids (12 & 13) and I enjoy watching the show together. Kurt is one of my favorite characters but I really think that kiss was totally inadequate for a prime time show. If that is the type of scenes the producers want to display, then they should move the show to a later hour. Children are already exposed to too much too soon. Prime time is for family viewing.

March 22, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chapstik Lez

MY OPINION they shouldn't have been watching 12 & 13 are not high school ages no one under 15 should be watching the show its not pre-teen and under appropriate. Not just because of the students but because of the teachers personal/work lives too.

March 23, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Angelica

Chapstick:

My daughter is a teenager and she IS in high school so it's quite appropriate for her to watch Glee and my son is almost 13 and very mature. No need for you to tell me what is inappropriate for my children. Bottom line, the kiss was inappropriate for a prime time show.

March 23, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • ATB

you are just annoying and need to go away. what you want is to have the show teach your kids what you are to lazy to teach them. This kiss was 100% needed.

March 24, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • KC

Would you be saying the same thing if it was a guy and a girl? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you would. Great. So then what exactly IS the problem? That people are kissing?
      My point is, that no matter what your moral stand on this is, you have to realise that people across the country will have varying responses, and expecting your own personal brand of morality to be reflected on tv just isnt realistic. Either don't let your kids watch the show... or use it as an opportunity to discuss with them the moral implications of what's their watching, how you view it as an adult and how you want them to view it. With Glee, at least your given the opportunity to be watching it with them... because lets be honest, eventually they are going to see something way worse somewhere, and you wont be around to help set their moral compass! Take advantage of the opportunity!

March 25, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Corey

So it's perfectly appropriate for a man and a woman to kiss before primetime, but not two guys?

August 10, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. cowgirl88

two dudes kissing? gross, eeewww, disgusting...i really don't mind whey they do behind the door, but do they have to show it to the world?????

March 22, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Adrienne

I wish the could have an episode about Puck because his character changed this season..He is more mushy and less moody....and what about the whole Britney and Santana deal????

March 22, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bill Sargent

If any of you don't like the guys kissing, stop watching the show, and stop clicking links to articles about guys kissing. If you don't like it, don't acknowledge it. Solves three problems, one) You being an outspoken bigot and two) a lot of people being very angry with you and finally three) Everyone gets what they want. You get to be a silent jerk, the gay boys get their tv time and someone to look up to on tv, and everyone is happy. Seriously, it's not your place to comment on the love of two people. So buttout...

March 22, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. confused32

seriously the biggest argument anyone has is every deserves a chance to love? I am totally disgusted with the idea that young impressionable kids are now being subject to this as well as everything else that goes and is allowed on tv. Why are we slamming certain agendas down kids throats. How bout bringing back the idea of school and college being great instead of some twisted boy on boy action.

March 22, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

First off, Glee has never been nor will it ever be a "kids" show. Are your kids watching Glee? Are you the parent or is your television? At the beginning of every TV show, there's a little box that appears in the upper left-hand corner of the screen that tells which ages the show is appropriate for. Glee's always says "TV-14". I'm sick and tired of the whining from the parents who say Glee is shoving their "agenda" down the throats of America and, more specifically, their kids. Here's an idea: how about YOU be the adult and supervise what your children are watching. Use the television as a way to start a discussion with your kids. If that's too difficult, change the effin channel!!!

March 22, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. D

I don't get Glee...

March 22, 2011 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  16. LL

I think Glee has jumped the shark. All of the stories, while "ripped from the headlines", are about Kurt and it's just so boring. I'd like to see a menage of storylines dealing with the backstories of the other students (Tina, Mike, Puck, Sue Sylvester, Emma, etc.). Why focus so many episodes on just one character?? *YAWN*

March 21, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

Agreed !!!

March 22, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

Because the show's creator is gay. The Kurt-Blaine story doesn't offend me, but I find it awkward to have so much of the action at another school away from the main Glee club. Either introduce us to the rest of the Warblers (can't Kurt fix up his straight friends with some of those guys?) or get Kurt back to McKinley, because this season is becoming increasingly unwatchable.

April 13, 2011 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  17. Chapstik Lez

I love Gwen!!! Holly Holiday's character is on point every time!!! I cannot wait to see how Kurt and Blaine's relationship plays out. I bet that because Kurt pined over Blaine that Kurt will probably break up with him and Blaine will come chasing after, this would be only fair! :D

March 21, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  18. alex's mom

I think the story line of these two guys is really sweet. All people deserve the chance to love.

March 21, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  19. D

EEwww...that's gross...

March 21, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  20. NOtoGwyneth

Gwyneth P's ruined Glee for me. She's a mediocre actress and singer and a terrible dancer. If Ryan wants to cash in on his nepotism, then I hope he's ready for declining ratings. Other than that, I love Blaine and Kurt's storyline :)

March 20, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimmie

Glad Gwyneth, whose character is charismatic and hysterical, will keep returning. Also really glad that Blaine will be back next season. Yay! :-)

March 21, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • FazzoneCat

Absolutely LOVE Gwyneth on this show! She's really funny and I just love her character!

March 23, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • sarah

...it is not just Gwyneth....the whole show is laking credibility in creativity, story line, casting and acting... where are the writers? I enjoy the show at first and thought it was a new "Fame"....now I see it was a "sprinter" fast at first but not enough breath for a long run. ... all lost credibility in the story of "teen pregnancy", "gay relationship", "parental supervision", " obsessive compulsive syndrome", and a total discrediting for the need of personal value and life morals in the school, work and home. The show has lost credibility it would have been best to just stick solely to the music.

March 23, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Thomzagod

LOL. You sir, are a very funny mad hater. That totally cracked me up. Unfortunately I'm sure someone's gonna take it seriously and get all "up yer goose".

March 20, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jesse

@Thomzagod: How can you tell by madhater's post that he wasn't serious?

March 21, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  23. Lance

Then don't watch it, it's that simple. One girl/One guy+1 kiss= disgusting.

March 22, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |