'Idol' chops it down to 11 tonight
March 17th, 2011

'Idol' chops it down to 11 tonight

Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson are looking mighty happy in this photo, but let's see how they are after elimination.

Wednesday night's performances from the Top 12 were just so-so for the most part (and in some cases downright blah), with the exception of a few here and there. As the "Idol"- ators know, only the Top 10 make it onto that tour bus, so tonight will be sad for someone.

I'm going to go out on a pretty secure limb here and say I think we will be bidding Naima a fond fare-thee-well this evening. Going first in the competition is always risky (viewers have a tendency to forget all about you when it comes time to vote) and her version of Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It" got very little love.

Who do you think we will get cut this week? Tonight's special guest performers will be the Black Eyed Peas and Season 9 "Idol" winner Lee DeWyze (remember him?) so don't forget to join me here tonight when I live-blog the results show.

1. kristie

I have watch american idol every year.this year has had some awsome singer.I was going to stop watching because paula and simmon left they were funny crazy.they made the show worth watching.but tyler and jolo has done very well.but some of those singer have been not very interesting to watch.need to see some wow singer so far 3 maybe 4 are worth watching. But to be a judge would be hard.keep up good work randy and jlo and tyler.

March 18, 2011 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. Just Me

And so the dumbing down of America continues....

March 18, 2011 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. Tom

I thought they canceled this show?

March 18, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  4. The Man

American Idol is terrible, period. Honestly, it should have stopped after Ruben. The fact that I even know that name and is whack. I hope everyone on this show fails in epic portions and America can focus on REAL s**t that is happening in the world instead of a show that should be on MTV following an episode of Jersey Shore. Wake the F up people! Record execs have sold out on this by signing anyone on this show.. oh wait – before this they signed a bunch of Disney singer and dancers whom have become druggies and drunks.. Stop watching the non-sense and live your effin life.. and Steven Tyler looks like a female. just saying... .. .

March 18, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. Aini

Naima definetely will go tonite..Karen and Hilley (hope i spelld her name correctly) will be the next one after another, then James then Stefano then Scotty then Pia then the other country girl (forgot her name). Jacob and Casey will be the finalist. Casey is such witty and stable vocal. Jacob being the young L.V who sand into your heart, i ll get goosebumps everytime he perform. Let see..

March 17, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Delaney

Who got voted off

March 17, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nichole Alexander

Im am very glad that stephano has made it through to the top 11. He is awsome my favorite performance is when he sang if you dont know me by now because he really put forth the effort.

March 17, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bailey

I like Scotty he is a natural! As for stefano he needs to go! Same with Karen she tries to hard to be like selena. Sorry no offense

March 17, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Grumpy

Too bad only one goes tonight. I can think of 3 or 4 that deserve to go. Surprising considering the 'quality' of the auditions.

Lauren is the worst disappointment. Thia is the most surprising break-out.

That skinny guy is very annoying and I have no idea how he made the finals. He could go this weekend and no one would even asked what happened.

March 17, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. heidi-ho

American Idol is great. I agree. Steven still has the lips! Hes just as hot as he was 20 yrs ago! Rock on James! Your the best. American Idol needs more head bangers.

March 17, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. amber

I have to disagree about Lauren, I love her. She has a great voice, I think she had an off night last night bc of the flu, BUT she has a lot of time to grow. She is only 16, I think.

March 17, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lisa

Never watch American Idol but I did last night. I was not impressed most of the singers were not anyone I would listen to on the radio or spend money on to purchase a cd. Why is it such a popular show? The contestants last night #2 & #6 were the best the others were off tune and not near as good as the singers I've seen perform live in a quaint Austin club on any given night in Austin .

March 17, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. verlena

GOT 2 ADMIT STEVEN STILL HAS THE LIPS. THEY ALL ARE GOOD AND WILL PROSPER. ITS A SHOW AND SOMEONE WILL BE AXED EACH WEEK. BUT IAM SURE THEY HAVE CONTRACTS AWAITING THEM. GOOD LUCK 2 ALL.

March 17, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Get Real Now

American Idol is great! Best reality show on tv today. I think Naima has to go tonite. Shes been on here way too long already. Steven and J-Lo are wonderful judges. Way better than Simon ever dreamed to be. Would like to see them perform as well. Loads of talent this season. But the best by far are James, Casey and Pia. The worst by far are Naima, Stephano and Lauren. All the rest are boring. Z-Z-Z! Scott will get a Nashville contract regardless. Karen please stop the spanish. Hope everyone enjoys it.

March 17, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. IdolHunter

Steve Tyler is a Communist (and he wears to much makeup).

March 17, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Doh

@virginia bitterman, not to be bitter but this is an american idol blog, not Mel Gibson DOH!!!

March 17, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. virginia bitterman

I think Mel got a raw deal. But at least he can afford the fine.

March 17, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |