Remembering hip-hop legend Nate Dogg
March 16th, 2011

Remembering hip-hop legend Nate Dogg

Fans and celebrities alike are pausing with reflection as word spreads that hip-hop artist and vocalist Nate Dogg passed away on Tuesday. His longtime manager, Rod McGrew, confirmed to CNN that Nate Dogg, born Nathaniel Hale, died at the age of  41.

Hale – who was the legendary master of the rap hook -  famously appeared on Dr. Dre’s seminal album “The Chronic,” and provided vocals for a number of rappers, in addition to releasing his own solo work with albums such as “G-Funk Classics Vol. 1 & 2" and “Music & Me."

He collaborated on a number of hits, including the track that will never age, “Regulate” with Warren G, as well as Dr. Dre’s “The Next Episode," Snoop Dogg's "Lay Low" and 50 Cent’s “21 Questions.”

As of Wednesday, McGrew told CNN that the family has yet to receive an official cause of death, although McGrew believes the artist died of natural causes. Complications from the two strokes Hale suffered in the past few years could have been a factor as well.

According to McGrew, Hale had recovered 95 percent from his first stroke, but the second stroke was "deeper and more severe" and left him in a "challenging physical state."

Hale’s manager added that the second stroke left the artist partially paralyzed and for the most part bedridden, although he could be moved to a wheelchair for outings.

McGrew, who along with Hale’s mother, sister and stepfather, was at Hale’s side in the hospital, called the death sudden.

Of course, the loss of Nate Dogg has reverberated throughout the hip-hop community and beyond.

“We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb,” collaborater and friend Snoop Dogg tweeted. “One of my best friends n a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophomore at poly high where we met…. I miss u cuzz I am so sad but so happy I got to grow up wit u and I will c u again n heaven cuz u know d slogan…all doggs go to heaven.”

Ludacris, who worked with Hale on “Area Codes,” concurred, re-tweeting Snoop's sentiment of "RIP Nate Dogg" and adding, “There is a certain void in hip hop's heart that can never be filled. Glad we got to make history together.”

Added musician Erykah Badu, "Nate Dogg... freshness period. rest in beats."

Filed under: Music

1. vancouver music

Thank you for any other informative website. The place else may just I am getting that type of info written in such a perfect manner? I've a project that I am just now running on, and I've been at the look out for such information.

May 9, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. TabsMansss

I just post a little topic to show you this place to find nice and good http://aes-soft.com/ – cheap tabs. You can find http://aes-soft.com/ – cheap Samsung Galaxy Tab or http://aes-soft.com/ – cheap iPad Tabs !
    Do you like it ?

January 2, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. im so lil

we will miss you,you so great

March 24, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Flooby

The words 'talent' 'classic' and 'legend' are grossly overused on this entire page.

March 19, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. Nate Dogg Memorial

Please join this Facebook page to show your respect

March 19, 2011 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. James

Good riddance thug!

March 19, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. Dave

Nate was an artist that mastered an unheralded art of the "hook" He will be truly missed.

Join the music community at Muzicol.com today

March 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jamiedecatur

AND HERE I THOUGT PPL WHO TRY TO OUT DO OTHERS SENTENCES WERE SUPPOSE TO BE SMART.GET A LIFE AND LEARN SOME CULTURE.GOD HAS TAKEN A VERY TALENTED PERSON AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS MAKE FUN OF HIS SKIN COLOR.WE LOVE YOU NATE DOGG.GOD PLEASE FORGIVE THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT AND DISRESPECTFUL.R.I.P

March 18, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  9. ahmose714

damn.

blessings upon you Nate dizzle! lol

Nate Dogg was one of my favorites as a kid.

Regulatorrrssss... Mount up!

March 17, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. I.Brigham

i dont usually do this but i was astonished to say the least about wat people had to say when a fellow human being passed. i am now trully convinced that there must be a hell as well as heaven and therefore god and satan because there really has to b a place where such people end up. Im not an evil person but i believe that punishment will eventually alter ones behaviour and that each punishment should fit the crime. I trully hope u change your ways b4 the punishent finds u. and to Nate Dogg wat can i say.... i'll be singinging ur hooks ti"l im gone too brother ... RIP Nate.

March 17, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. EQLZ3R

NATE DOGG MIX RIGHT HERE http://snd.sc/he8QwD

March 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. EQLZ3R

Will truly be missed! G Funk will never die! LA Stand Up1 DOWNLOAD 1 HR. TRIBUTE TO NATE DOGG MIX RIGHT HERE

March 17, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. G

Wow! I can't believe that after all Dr. King, Jfk, robert kennedy, Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, and even mother teresa fought for and stood up for, we still live in cruel world were one is still judged by the color of their skin and not by the content of their character. We should
    all say a silent prayer for those persons who can't seem to refrain from posting negative comments. I'm not going to disrespect you; I'm just going to ask you to please stop, and allow the fans and friends of Nate to remember him as they did with like minded individuals without having to be subjected to your ill spirited comment. If you do stop, thanks in advance, you did the right thing.

March 17, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ G

Nice try G-Fart. Nate DoggyStyles criminal and arrest record speaks for itself...so take your bigot stamp to your own forehead.

March 17, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jamiedecatur

R.I.P nate dogg.we all got haters.I mean where would we be with out them.may you bless heaven like you did earth.i just want to say to the klan white hillbilly trash to get on our level hoe.Dont hate us because were beautiful.much luv to all my beautiful african americans.

March 17, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ANTONIA SMITH

My condoleses to the family of the greatest legend of all time....R.I.P. NAYE DOGG....NI**G TAZZ WILL MISS YOU; BUT WILL NEVER FORGET YOU! LOVE YOU DOGG...

March 17, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  16. Mimi Jones

R.I.P Nate Dogg

March 17, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  17. Rossonero

Sounds like high blood pressure is what killed Nate Dogg. Two strokes by the time he was 41? They do call high blood pressure the silent killer.....R.I.P. Nate Dogg.

March 17, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  18. Les git jiggywif it

les celebrate Nates death with a Hot Pork Rinds and Malt Liquor party. After we all git drunk then we can break out the guns. YO!

March 17, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  19. Marcus

He will always be remembered...Roll Tide!

March 17, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  20. tomm

I dont think anyone really dislikes or hates anyone. I think people come on here and post silly and goofy stuff just to stir others up. IIts just for fun i thinl. IRL these are probably ann reall nice folks. WE HOPE EVERONE HAS A HAPPY DAY. GOD BLESS YA NATE DOGG. MAY GOD ACCEPT YOU WITH OPEN ARMS !

March 17, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  21. D-Love

NATE THE GREAT WHO WILL NEVER BE REPLACED IN THE HIP HOP INDUSTRY YOU ARE TRULY ONE OF A KIND... RIP MY BROTHER.... I CANT BELIEVE SOME OF THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS I READ WOW! HOW SAD!!!!

March 17, 2011 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mary Atom

No doubt we've not only lost a dope rapaholic but also a hero and a great epitome to some of us who aspire to join the music industry....R.I.P my dearest

March 17, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  23. ruben

Lets all smoke a blunt And drop a 40 for our homey

March 17, 2011 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  24. Moho

R.i.p nate dogg!its so sad to read alot of racially negavtive post on a news site that mostly view by the intelliletes(minus my bad spelling)of society.

March 17, 2011 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  25. Kay/Kay/Kay All The Way

Dont have a problem saying anything to anyone, n***er or otherwise. Face to face, or here. How about this? Why dont you attend our next rally, meet up with me, and we will discuss it. Then we will see were the fear lies......

March 17, 2011 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
    • TRUTH

HEY LOOK! It's another tired, lonely, broke chick trying to make it in a country her own ancestors founded, but she's been unsuccessful in it, so she prides herself on the claim she's a part of some obsolete decades old organization, sitting her sorry a&& at a computer typing meaningless insults about random members of society who act/behave much like she does but somehow she thinks these folks are worse than she is. What a pathetic existence.

March 17, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  26. REGGIE HENDERSON

Rip Nate Dogg. From Ray Dogg y will b miss.

March 17, 2011 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  27. realnameDavid

ok honestly nate dogg will be missed thats a fact..now as for these retarded people who keep bringing up race and dissrespecting a dead man..best thing i can say is ignore the comments people like that are to afraid to say who they are no courage or heart hideing behind there computers n laptops there a bunch of redneck flag waveing imbreading with there sisters while they pray 4 a white president....with that said....we miss u nate dogg from your puerto rican brother ur music reached all cultures even the whites minus the imbreads :-)

March 17, 2011 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
  28. Rick

For all u racist people on here talking slick I dare u go up to the nearest black person n speak that same bs, bet u wouldn't scary asses. Grow the hell up.

March 17, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  29. tbone

who the fu%k is nate dogg? never heard of him and don't care. and why did he die at 41. musta been doing some drugs. rapp isn't really music anyway.

March 17, 2011 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  30. unclebuchy

Nate Dogg,you've created a great vacuum in us and the music industry. We love you,but God loves Ʊ most. I know you are in Heaven smiling down on us.So many tears in our eyes.RIP Nate Dogg...

March 17, 2011 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  31. Dieyoung

I am white and I appreciated Nate Dogg's talents. For all of these racist white people running their mouths, shut up and quit hating. I hate racists on the real, snap! If you all want to hate on something, hate on yourselves and leave everyone else out of it. You are not changing anyone, only the way people think of you. Word!

March 17, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  32. AllBotMe

Just found out bot R.I.P NateDogg & may your family have peace

March 17, 2011 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  33. Sassy?ImWassy!

Im high as hell right now!

March 17, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  34. happy hippie

I'm naming my new bong Nate. Hold up wait a minute, time to put kush up in it. So farewell, I'm saying R.I.P. by taking a rip. Smoke 1 with god, Nate. All you raciests, karma is not right with you guys. Peace

March 17, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  35. D

I'm not a hip hop or rap fan-but I can certainly acknowledge he did have talent.

March 17, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  36. APRIL

RIP Nate Dogg

March 17, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  37. Kay/Kay/Kay All The Way

Yeah sure I want to be just like you. then I would look like a gorilla. And smell. And put Crisco in my hair. And sell crack. And pimp/beat/disrespect women. And start a gang. And do drive by shootings. Then Id write a song about it all and call it rap. WOW! Cant think of anything else Id rather be than a n***er. You ought to be lucky we let you learn how to read/write. But looking at the language of some of these posts I see it was a waste of time. Shouldve left yall as slaves. Things havent changed much.

March 17, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  38. jordan

This was a talented man, may he R.I.P....why all the hate people???Its time to REGULATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 17, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  39. NunyaJones

May Nate Dogg Rest in Beats! We've all enjoyed/loved all of the work he's done....so now your brother,your work here is done. REST IN BEATZ luv.

Ms.Jonez

March 17, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  40. Sad world we live in

I have never seen so many haters in all my 50 years of life. You people need to get with life. You spend so much time hating. You must have a most miserable existence. Sad life and way too much free time on your hands. Do you even work. Nate Dogg will definitely be missed.

March 17, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  41. Missi29

Oh I forgot ur not white I mean PALE CAUSE IT'S COLD, PURPLE BECAUSE CAN'T BREATHE, RED CAUSE SOME1 SLAP'D ME, & I want to be Black so I'm abou to go get a TAN. bye!!!!!

March 16, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Latrina

Yo Missi...u up wif duh dow strokin it b hi fi v city an slapn duh bytches n tro foam. I lub ya sista dogg sho me ya nips I git choco milk.

March 17, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  42. M.C. Chris

Smoking a fat blunt in honor of Nate Dogg. Hey hey hey smoke weed everyday.

March 16, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  43. scarface !

We live we die,some say good bye n some ask y,may his soul find R.I.P.for who don't have nothing good to say den ya so un-educated,dis is about paying respect to natte n his family in their hour of grief,all u wit da smart remarks,grow up n make a difference n not just be ignorant,respect da memories of someone who made a difference n made us stop n listen!to da family of da late nate dogg,yall keep ya head up,much love coming ya way,all da way frm da Bahamas !

March 16, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. yallrstoopid

why is it that ignorant people are unable to shut the hell up????
    Thank you Nate Dogg!! You were an integral part of making this east coast girl love west coast music! Like Ms Badu said, Rest In Beats!

March 16, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Missi29

To CNN I personally will not ever come back on any of your sites. It is so not right to be a person of color & have to look at so many RACIST remarks. I understand freedom of speech, but never in my 30yrs have I seen such trash.But I do understand that when you (whitepeople) hate on us It Is Because U Want To Be Like Us.Now Isn't that what HATTERS DO???

March 16, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Tyrone Shoelaces

Hmm, 41 black male natural causes...drive by, aids, od, poor or caught with your homies wife.

March 16, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  47. shell517nj

RIP Nate Dogg. Nice article. you are right "regulate" will never die!

March 16, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  48. shell517nj

RIP Nate Dogg. Nice article. you are right "regulate" will never die.

March 16, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Mr. C

Blunts and bowels all day for the great Nate Dogg. R.I.P. for the hip hop pioneer from the L.B.C.

March 16, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Missi29

First I want to say Nate Dogg U will be truly missed!! & to the 1ns on here with the dumb RACE or GAY jokes try finding somthing better to do with ur time.People who do things like that have low self esteem about themselves. So Pay ATTENTION Your Day Is Coming Soon & When You Face God Lets See If Your Goin To Tell Him 1 Of Those Dumb Racist Or Gay Jokes!!!!

March 16, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  51. daniela

Taken way before his time, so young....RIP Nate Dogg!

March 16, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  52. arnita pevy

What a statement

March 16, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Rufus Leroy Washington

I didn't know Nate. I don't like (c)rap music. I like country and techno. Seems like a lot more rappers die young. it's a hard life being stoopid.

March 16, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Tracey

The heavens are rappin tonite. Enjoy paradise Nate Dogg.

March 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  55. shamal davis

Nate dogg u was a great rapper u will be miss my family grew up on ur music thanks rip nate

March 16, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Name*jeff

Another worthless piece of filth down the drain. Yawn.

March 16, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  57. WorldCitizen79

Would you moronic, heartless, racist pieces of crap STOP posting until you learn how to spell the insults correctly? That will keep this board free of your trash for the remainder of our natural lives and will keep you idiots busy for awhile. By the way, I don't believe you're a schoolteacher- basic literacy is required to graduate from high school, let alone admission to college!

March 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  58. D

I like me some weeenies !

March 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Go back and finish your homework, little boy and stop trolling on CNN blogs...

March 17, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  59. UGH

As a kneegrow it bothers me our young peoples listen to garrbage put out by traaash like nate dogg. Our young peoples need to learn how to act. They need to learn how to speak english. REMEMBER they dont speak n:gger or ubonikz in the board room.

March 16, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  60. couch critic

I can't understand have of these comments because no one is typing English! What the heck is wuh, yo, cuz? Those are just a few of the "words". Also, do you not learn the difference between your & you're in the 2nd grade anymore?

March 16, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Angel

Jiggabooz need to be in my classroom. Id fail all them dirrty jiive talking nigz. One good thing is there is one less darkie causing trouble.

March 16, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  62. american

Who is this guy? I don't care about him why don't they report someone more important.

March 16, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  63. raiderjoe

learn to talk and speak English ya all. oh by the way i am grabbing my junk as i type.

March 16, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jta

maybe if you took your hand off of your little junk you would have been able to properly type "you all". And you have the nerve to criticize someone else's grammar.....geez....

March 17, 2011 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  64. Holly

My boyfriend and I are very sadden and shocked to hear about Nate Dogg's death. We have been fans of his music for a very long time. Our condolences to his family, may he be remembered forever with his music. W.F. Tx

March 16, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • TRUTH

The most decent post on this board. Peace sister.

March 16, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lil Black Sambo

Well you may be sad but im just wonderin...was it the A.I.D.S that got him or was he a victim of a Drive-by?

March 17, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  65. Angel

THANK GOD FOR THE SICKLE CELL !

March 16, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  66. west

Wow some of the comments are crazy. One day the people on here making the vitriolic comments will die some day. And right before they do they will remember their mean comments

March 16, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  67. me

Always room for another unsaved soul in he!!

March 16, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  68. fdjlasfs

This is truly a sad situation, Nate Dogg was GREAT at his work, and will truly be missed. Fav Line of lyrics by him EVER:
    **Dont let that fine girl pass you by.....Look real close, cuz those strobe lights blind ;)
    ***Stay the same up there, man, you will be missed.

March 16, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  69. LeLe Naturally

I had the pleasure of meeting him and spending some time with him. He was so low key! Very genuine and love doing his thing! I agree Hip Hop does have a void left by this lost! In the words of Erykah Badu...Rest in Beats, Nate! Much Love!

March 16, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  70. edub

He will be a truly missed legend. Real hip hop music. The realist just left us

March 16, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  71. E.C.

- HOW IRONIC - I JUST PUT NEW SPEAKERS IN MY CAR YESTERDAY ... N 1ST CD I PLAYED WAS DR. RED 2001. N TODAY I LEARNED NATE DOGG PASSED. GOD BLESS HIS FAMILIA.

March 16, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • D'Quan from Africa

Yo nig, where you get that dr red 2001 at? that shyte is strait fire!!! word to my goober goblins

March 16, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  72. sabrii

RIP Nate Dogg

March 16, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  73. mightymoe

nate dog was truly an artist. he struck a balance between rap and singing like no one else. he had a smooth voice. he was truly the frank sinatra of rap.a true pioneer. may you rest in peace.

March 16, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Needa Change

WAY TO RUIN YET ANOIHER DAY RACISTS OUT THERE. please leave this country so we can restart without your unspeakable refuse. The only meaning in your comments with reference to color is your heart and destroyed soul. And I am way Caucasian. and wish you hangers on with your low IQs and nothing better to do than blog illiterate Anti true-american statements would take an extremely permanent hike.

March 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lawn Jockey

I will miss watching Nate take on the whole gang at once. All them black Snausages slinging goober gravy n his face and butthole.

March 17, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  75. dechantress dees

I miss nate dogg I love his music. And also to my love one that past to rip Auntie. U will be missed two my y'all fly like Angeles.

March 16, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  76. sm26

RIP Nate Dogg

March 16, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  77. ScDiva

I just cannot believe the negative degrading comments being posted here....just IGNORANT! You should be ashamed of yourselves.

March 16, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  78. sharon lee

Nate,u will truly be missed,i dont know what all theze bad comments r about...but i'm riddin' w/ the DOG POUND ALLDAY"everyday! god knows the heart. short~fast

March 16, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  79. SteppyToe

Why are so many people so rude? Because they can hide behind their monitors and sling the insults..... Grow up. A man died. Whether you're a fan or not....show some respect...at least for this man's family's sake. Now, I'm not sure what contributed to this man stroke, but unfortunately, dying from a stroke at 41 is not as uncommon as one would think. A lot of people, relatively YOUNG people, with high blood pressure can find themselves in the same boat. R.I.P. Nate Dogg

March 16, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  80. bama girl

R.I.P. Nate Dogg you were awesome. F the HATERZ!

March 16, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nate loved to nibble my Pocket Python...

Nate died from chokin on the whiteboys weiner.

March 17, 2011 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  81. Mrs.Rockstar

nate Dogg man I miss you already man it just dont seem real that your gone

March 16, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  82. derp

English? Anyone!!

March 16, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  83. AREA CODES

that's what happens when you "SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY"

March 16, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Pete

mDid Nate have LUPUS? That would certainly make a whole lot of sence to me. Especially because he was an African American male, relatively young, in good physical shape externally, with a history of strokes. The deadliest form of Lupus strikes predominently young black females & m. ales. Look up J Dilla, a young (32) black, hip hop artist died from Lupus in '2005?' Check out lupus and S.L.E. on google

March 16, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  85. shorty

Gonna e never forgotten cuzz.... C.I.P. Nate dogg

March 16, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Jose

I will miss you Mister Dogg. Are you a relative of Snoop Dogg ?

March 16, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  87. NATE

I is NATE. I stole all my lyrics from DR DROOP. He be the true master rapper.

March 16, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  88. melissa

RIP Nate Dogg!! I see that some loser on here has nothing better to do today...what a f-ing losssserrr.

March 16, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Floyd

R . I . P You were one of the most entertaining to watch and listen to on the up in smoke tour bro. Nuff love from Belize Central America

March 16, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Steve

In loving memory of the True Legend Nathaniel Hale...your voice will keep you alive in our mind for the eternity. I started listening to your music in the earlier year from Cameroon where i was born...DPGC for life !!! "All dogg's go to heaven" RIP Nate

March 16, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Renaldo

I knowed nate dogg back in the day. He wasnt all butch like Biggie Smalls or nobodies. He was a loving carring rapper that gived back to the community. All us black folks must bow our head in silence foe this fine young man. I bet even right now he up in hebbin eating barbecue ribs and watamellon. He was a good darkie.

March 16, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  91. latonia

All of You Bums that has something negative to say need to KILL YOURSELVES!! Luckily it Won't Be your Mammies Crying!

March 16, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Boomer

Nate your music was such big part of my adolescence. Thank you for blessing us with your melodic voice. There will never be another NATE DOGG. RIP Homie.

March 16, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Fastone

RIP Nate Dogg

March 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  94. keynure

...till the next episode r.i.p. nate dogg u'll be truly missed.

March 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  95. joycelyn

R.I.P. The world is gonna miss ya.

March 16, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Steven Seagal

Who?

March 16, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  97. ExpoD.D.E

R.I.P Nate Dogg! It doesn't really matter which cost you where from at the end on the day the Whole Hip Hop community will feel the loss of this great artist! You can't have a great song without a great Hook.

March 16, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  98. BIGGDAWG

@Hitman: yo foo sho som respect what u mad cuz u aint known world-wide get a life punk this is n honor of nate dogg n not u.

March 16, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Todd

I'm not a fan of rap music or hip hop at all so I cant speak to his talents. But I can say that "regulators," no matter what type of music you listen to, is a great song and will go down as such. As far as all the negative comments, what has happened in your people's lives that causes you to anonymously degrade someone who just passed away and by all accounts was good and decent person?? Just pathetic.

March 16, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • jennifer

Todd- You are asking people who cannot string together a sentence in the English language what has happened to these people? Probably everything. Their lives are probably terrible, society has failed them, the public education system has clearly failed them. There is no way they are holding any type of real emplyment with those "language skills." Think about it. I am guessing you may be one of maybe five people on this board who gets my actual point. It's pretty sad reading the state of affairs in this country.

March 16, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

AH-you speak jive? or least Jive-englishslang

March 17, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Steve Chitai

Wow...you really did miss the banana boat. Stay in africa as we need no more of your failing loser kind.

March 17, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  100. Steve Perry

I like how people write comments to him like he's on CNN in heaven reading them.

March 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  101. LAQUECIA

And he was a gooober gobbler ! I like that ! LOL !

March 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Jarvis

The rap industry, along with the music industry, will never b the same. Nate Dogg was an O.G. to the Nth degree. His lyrics will never sound the same without him being on this earth. RIP NATE DOGG. U will be missed terribly. U r a true pioneer and a legend. Rest in beats, brother

March 16, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  103. amanda/c.c.tx.

so sadd to here the news of nate dogg may your soul RIPand the lord wrap his arms around his loved ones during these dark days.you will be missed.

March 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  104. LAQUECIA

Nate Dogg not be one of us African Americans. He was just a white boy rapper that didnt like to take baths.

March 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Laquecia

Looks black to me. Just because you are jealous of the skills that he had and that you will never have, doesnt mean you have to hate.

March 16, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Fo real

NATURAL CAUSES?? Dying at 41 aint Natural!

March 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annie

That's what I was thinking. What is their definition of natural causes? Just sounds crazy when speaking of a 41 year old.

March 16, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hugh Beaumont

It was the A.I.D.S. that got him.

March 17, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  106. Neil Fox

online memorial for Nate Dogg – please send a 'virtual' flower or light a 'virtual' candle – http://memorialmatters.com/memorials.php?page=NateDogg

March 16, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  107. me

Who?

March 16, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • CH1108

I see you can't be creative. Had to chime in with others and write the lamest comment ever written!
      If you don't know who he is.... NO ONE CARES!!! If you are trying to be cute....TRY AGAIN!

March 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Tommie

@Thor What's the point of living? I'm sure your at home with no life jacking off all day. Get off the computer find your dad in the trailer park and tell him you love him and kill your self

March 16, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Kabiru Hussaini

May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.May all his good deeds follow him to his grave.

March 16, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Mike Bell Jr.

I was just listening to Lay Low and Regulate while I was driving last night/ this morning... Nate had the voice I wish I had... I'ma keep Ain't No Fun on repeat... R.I.P.

March 16, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  111. O

SOME MANY GOOD INNOCENT PEOPLE R LEAVIN OUR SIDES N SO MANY BAD THINGS R GOIN ON IN THE WORLD.N STILL N YET THEY'RE SIMPLE MINDED NEGATIVE.PRAY FOR THEM ALL.NO I DIDNT KNOW NATE DOGG PERSONLY,BUT WAT I DO NO IS HE MADE GUD MUSIC N WAS A GUD PERSON.RIP NATE DOGG MUCH LUV N MY PRAYER GO OUT TO HIS R&B FAMILY N HIS FAMILY N FRIEND.BE BLESS N SURROUND UR SELF WIT LUV.BECAUSE THE DEVIL IS BUSY.N WE CAN TELL BY COMMENTS VERY RUDE ON DIS SAD DAY.MY GOD BLESS DEM.

March 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Humbolt

Well I guess no more goober smoochin for him...unless satan allows it.

March 16, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ O

Oh brother. You sound like a product of some stupid baby-mama and another filed rap artist. Group you silly piece of doggy doo doo.

PS...Nate is burning in hell.

March 17, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  112. Stephanie Simpatico

When I was a shorty I always craked Nate Dogg when he came on. Now, my shorties and I will miss you. May God Bless you and keep you forever in your hands.

March 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  113. lil one

people can be so dumb and inconsiderate.. if you have nothin good ta say.. shut tha hell up.! NATE DOGG YOU WILL BE VERIE MUCH MISSED.! YOU HAD AMAZIN TALENT AND MAY YOU REST IN PEACE.! MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY.. WE'LL SEE YOU AGAIN IN TIME.:)

March 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nate Dogg Humper

Loser Nate wont be missed by anyone. He was a piece of human excrement. A stain in the underwear of the world. GOOD RIDDANCE.

March 17, 2011 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  114. tanisha

Its hard 2 lose some1 as talented as nate dogg but may he rest in peace & in time may his family have peace in their heart.

March 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  115. geo

Hey, hey, hey, hey!!!...Smoke weed every day!!!

March 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

......ya....smoke weed every day..............and be dumba$$ your whole life.........drugs are SO NOT COOL.....grow up!

March 16, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • kimmich

Actually, I've graduated law school and started my own law firm, I smoke on a regular basis and honestly don't consider myself " cool " think before you speak, madcitybit......well you don't smoke, you figure it out, this is about a legend we ve lost, go be cool somewhere else! Or........do.....i.....have......to.......type..........like......this........GROW UP!!

March 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • @MadCityBabe

thats part of a song....one with nate dogg in it....please try and temper your ignorance before you post again.

March 16, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

HAHA that's a lie, Kimmich-cant fool me dumb@$$

March 17, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  116. Stop hating

How can people have sumthing bad to say about some one that way i hope when sume one in your family pass i hope sumeone ruin your day HATERS.......

March 16, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

In English?

March 16, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • herp

In English!

March 16, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

My God, I know you can't speak english, but can you at least try to type in a coherent sentence?!

You might be taken more seriously................COME ON....BE SMART FOR A SECOND!

March 16, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jta

@ madcity: how about you stop being ignorant for a minute? What's really sad is how prejudiced morons like yourself have little better to do than nit-pick at slang which is no different than other demographics and their using of "hotties, dudes", etc. this is a sad fact that a relatively young man died, no matter what your opinion is on his music. If you and the other bumpkins have such issue with other ethnicities, you could always buy one way tickets to antartica, though I wouldn't put it past you and those like yourself to take up harassing the penguins.....

March 17, 2011 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  117. Really?

It's sad whenever someones child passes.

March 16, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aunt Esther

A CHILD OF THE DEVIL TO WHICH HE SHALL RETURN...OH GLOOOWRY!!!

March 17, 2011 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  118. Mambwe

Rest in peace dog wil mis you

March 16, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  119. JMO29

Nate Dogg was a such a great part of the hip hop era!! Regulators!!! R.I.P. Nate Dogg my thoughts and prayers go to you and your friends-n-family!!!

March 16, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  120. YellowMon

R.I.P. NATE DOGG....REGULATORS MOUNT UP!

March 16, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • kimmich

Rest in peace nate, blowin 1 in the air for u, I'll never forget what an impact on myself and hip hop u left, we lost a great artist and person, R.I.P. Smoke weed everyday

March 16, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  121. donna

I cant belive u are gone my heart gos out to u and your family u are going to be missed

March 16, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Burrhead

Nate died of acute fecal matter poisoning due to putting his own doo doo balls on a stick and pretending they was chocolate lollipops.

March 17, 2011 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  122. victor salazar

If a rapper wanted a hit, they would call Nate Dogg. Every song with him in it was a hit. He defined west coast.

March 16, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  123. porirua reppin

R.I.P NATE DOGG yeah b all good people go up their nate chill the haters just help to keep your name alive gay smoker he ment a blunt not you and yeah bro imma smoke up in his honour and yes the hip hop comoonity lost a legend and partof the dogg pound and sorry snoop i bet it hurts to lose a best friend if mine died id be like him face bookin rip and taggin it everywhere lay lates

March 16, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Nyaknoabasi Wilson

Nigerians and Africa as a whole are gonna miss you Nate dogg. May your gentle soul find sweet repose in the bosom of the Lord. Amen.

March 16, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • E.C.

HOW IRONIC... YESTERDAY I PUT NEW SPEAKERS IN MY CAR...OF DR. DRE 2001... HE WAS SINGING W OTHERS RAPS ... GOD GIVE HIS FAMILIA FUERZA!

March 16, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Fox Nkabinde

Nate Dogg the original king of hooks will be missed dearly as such talent, individualism and influence only comes around once, may his soul rest in peace

March 16, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  126. k

i didn't even know about this until just now.... my prays go out to the family.

March 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  127. bran

Regulatorssssss. MOUNT UP

March 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • biggdawg

fo sho ya nate dogg knew how 2 lay it down blazzin a blunt n da honor of the late great Nate Dogg.....N ALL U HATERZ STEP OFF

March 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Superhiro

Wow, can't even hold the racism when someone passed away? That's sad. I'll miss his voice. He had the best hooks in the business.

March 16, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  129. YOUBRO

HOLD UP.......... HEYYYYYYYYYYY. RIP NATE DOGG. LETS ALL SMOKE ONE IN MEMORY OF THE LATE AND GREAT.

March 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  130. SarahLynn

This is truly sad. He is one of the hip hop greats and could write a hook and chorus like nobody else. Rest in peace Nate, you will be missed.

March 16, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

RIP....

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzveEPBVQtA&w=480&h=390]

March 16, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sassy?ImWassy!

R.I.P. NAte Dogg!!

For the b**** that said I shot some sh** up out of my d**k
      Now she sick, she better LAY LOW

March 17, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Nate Doggy Doo Doo

Nates words and work can all be boiled down to one large fresh cow pie.

March 17, 2011 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Mall Licka

The stock market, upon leaning of Nates untimely death, saw a plunge in the stock price of Olde English 800.

March 17, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
    • EQLZ3R

DOWNLOAD 1 HR. TRIBUTE TO NATE DOGG MIX RIGHT HERE

March 17, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  131. WLM

you are disgusting to speak about someone who has passed away as such.

March 16, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  132. PL Hill

That was such an inconsiderate comment. It doesn't matter the cause of his death, just that he died very young....He was a good entertainer.

March 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Amg

I'm sure you'll find out if he's there when you arrive. Truly classless!

March 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  134. He a Mean One

I tell ya whats inconsiderate. He still owe me $10K foe some weed AND a couple uh goober gooblins. What the hell im spose to do now.

March 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  135. melissa

why don't you just stop being such a loserrrr...all of these bs comments came from you.. grow the f- up!!

March 16, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  136. CH1108

Get a clue!

March 16, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  137. WLM

That comment is inappropriate. Its not a joke when anyone dies.... Your disgusting...

March 16, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  138. CH1108

Are you really that ignorant or just off your meds?

March 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  139. dtp

hommie chill out

March 16, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  140. the 520

@pull my finger That was a Qweef

March 16, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Good Ole White Boy "Killer"

YOU ARE A COWARD! A LOSER! AJOKE! A PUNK!

March 16, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  142. TRUTH

1895 telegraphed, they miss you! LOL! :) Psst. White people are becoming the minority. Try to keep up with life, will ya? LMAO! :D Sometimes you must sit and think to yourself "man, the world is moving on without me, but I'm still alive"....Weird huh? Oh wait...You don't think.

March 17, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  143. Jta

I wouldn't be surprised if when you pass on, that when they bury you, your casket just skips the middle man and drops straight to hell. Don't be ignorant your whole life, you still have time to wake up.....

March 17, 2011 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  144. @Jose

Ignorance at its finest.

March 16, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  145. TheDownFallofAmerica

And people wonder what is wrong with America...Just because you refuse to advance to a more evolved and accepting state of mind doesnt mean that you get to spout off your ignorance wherever you want. As a caucasian, I am incredibly ashamed to say that people like you share my skin color.

March 16, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  146. TRUTH

And other "little darkiees" grow up to be your President *snickers* :) What a unpatriotic, sorry a$$, pathetic, waste of oxygen and matter, p.o.s you are...

March 16, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Shade

@truth There were 43 white presidents before Obama, and also Obama himself is half white, as his mother was white. So if we are keeping score its White people – 43 and a half vs Black people – just a half. *snickers* Oh, and good luck with the another half black president much less a black president thing after the retard that is Obama.

March 16, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  148. TRUTH

@ SHADE: LOL! Sounds like somebody is a little bit sore at me...who could it be??? Ohhh, it's another sorry a$$, unpatriotic, pathetic, waste of oxygen and matter p.o.s. Did I hurt your feelings? You certainly haven't hurt mine. You see, I don't have a problem with our first 43 presidents being white...I don't have a problem with ANYONE who attempts to better our country. U and your new best friend Angel should do us true Americans a favor and move to Chernobyl.

March 16, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Grant

@ Angel.... You must be from South African, Because the word Darkiee is only known to us. Anyway you the true idiot and to all the other boere. A man Has died show some respect. I'm a coloured From South Africa and I know people like Angel. You just a raciest boere that will never have he's kind of money. Shame Angel and all you you have become is a teacher..

March 17, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  150. riseofamerica

Stop crying, it's just the internet, it's not that serious. Maybe you should move elsewhere but you'll find the same things any other place you go. You are just anti American.

March 16, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  151. @ killer

Killer? LOL...dat b funny!! Look everyone teh NGGER made a funny.

March 17, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  152. bretbanks@gmail.com

Unpatriotic? Why because I don't want your black president to run the country into the ground. I'm not a racist except to other racists. I will play that game with you.

March 19, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |