Never fear: 'Tosh.0' isn't canceled
March 16th, 2011

Never fear: 'Tosh.0' isn't canceled

Earlier this week, just prior to the most recent episode of Comedy Central's hit series "Tosh.0," host Daniel Tosh tweeted the following: "yes the rumors are true. this weeks show will be the last one for awhile. need to figure out what i really want out of life."

But that statement, reminiscent of Dave Chappelle a few years ago, didn't cause quite the uproar among his legions of fans as this one did last night, after he did his weekly live-tweet of the show: "sadly gary mann at comedy central is forcing the show to take a long vacation. still hoping to make 20 more eps this year."

Fans on Twitter were worried: "you can't stop! Where will I get my Internet videos?!" asked Clumseh.

"Is 'long vacation' the same as when my parents took our dog to live at a 'farm'?" asked karlitacupotea.

Dangerl33 demanded answers: "Let me get this straight. @danieltosh is taking a hiatus but @ComedyCentral thought @ItsTheSituation would be funny," referring to "The Situation's" disastrous performance while roasting Donald Trump last night. "Who's making the calls?"

Tilar6 summed up his feelings as "pretty upset."

Not to worry, though, "Tosh" fans. The show will return as planned, starting on May 17 with nine new episodes, according to Comedy Central. It will finish the season with 11 more in September.

So, there are many more web redemptions to come, but you'll have to wait a couple of months.

Are you a Tosh fan? Looking forward to more episodes... or are you over him? Share your view below.

Filed under: television

1. this website

Hi there, I found your site by the use of Google at the same time as looking for a comparable topic, your site came up, it appears to be like good. I've bookmarked to favourites|added to bookmarks.

July 25, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. free lockout download, free online movie downloads

Thank you, I have recently been looking for info approximately this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I've came upon so far. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you certain concerning the supply?|What i don't understood is if truth be told how you're not really a lot more smartly-favored than you may be right now. You are so intelligent.

July 16, 2012 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  3. tuzlu kurabiye tarifleri, kurabiye tarifleri resimli, poğaça tarifi, poğaça tarifleri, tuzlu kurabiye, kurabiye tarifi, kurabiye tarifleri

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a weblog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I were a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny clear concept

July 14, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. ecigaret med nikotin

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and include approximately all important infos. I'd like to peer extra posts like this .

July 13, 2012 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. ^_^4ever Young^_^

i love tosh.0! funniest show ever and i love how daniel isn't afraid to offend anyone in his comedy. and as for stupid people doing even stupider things on the internet, i say have fun because you only live once-if you kill yourself during the process, well...that's not my problem :)

June 5, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  6. dtrain

sorry plain im still drunk

April 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dtrain

i love watchin tosh.o but us posting whether we hate him or love him isnt gonna do anything. he is on a leave of absence at his own doing , even celebs have breaks downs and maybe everything just got to him. i also heard a comment about he goes to far sometimes a few posts ago and all i gotta say is dont watch him, how hard is that. if u cant take is his jokes and laugh about him maybe u should be watching something a lil more kid friendly like the wiggles u might like that darlin. and to the post above me u kinda made urself seem PLANE stupid not plan. tard

April 24, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. velvet c

i happen to love tosh !!!!! and anyone who hates the show or speaks badly about it is just plan stupid yeah thats right i said it stupid....... why do you watch a show you hate? watch one time and then never again its really that easy. dont be a dumn ass and watch a show you hate, then make rude comments about it and try to get others to hate it too..... tosh is stupid funny. he does all kinds of weird and out there things. he is never afaird to push himself to the limit.. i cant wait for the new seasons to start......... TOSH FOR LIFE BABY !!!!!!!!!! plus hes kinda hot.....

April 24, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. christi mortrud

I **ABSOLUTELY ** love Daniel Tosh...and I think its crappy he's "off the air", for whatever reason the silly producers have said us just a "lil vacation"?? I mean seriously, just bout everybody I know live him, and watch him religiously...he's HILARIOUS, and honestly Tuesday nights r sometimes the ONLY laughs I get during the week...CHATTANOOGA, TN LOVES U DANIEL TOSH...STAY WITH IT, UR 1 OF THE BEDT, IF NOT **THE BEST** COMEDIAN OUT THERE, AND WE (EVERYBODY IN THE USA) *& DESPERATELY NEED U, AND UR **WONDERFUL** COMEDY IN OUR LIVES... stay with it PLEASE, AND **DONT LEAVE US**!! we love u

April 24, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  10. Chris in Oregon

I really love his show but this year seems to have gotten off to a slow start. His heart didn't seem to be in it. Hoping he gets it back together and provides more pee your pants funny moments like he used to.

April 13, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Leon

I gots a bigding ding

April 7, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. Teri Ellis

If you stop the Tosh show I will go without a good half hour of laughs a week. I love Tosh and if the network wants us to go 20 weeks without his show then shame on that network and I hope everyone stops watching it to protest!

April 1, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. kristin caudill

tosh is hot and funny and all ur alls problem is that u r jealous and he is not gay thats for sure

March 24, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. brooke

omg...i lovee tosh!

March 23, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. The Bleep

I don't think he expected the show to take off like it did and it seems like he's getting tired of it. Not being able to show the videos he wants to will eventually lead to a breakup. Miss you Dave I mean Daniel.

March 22, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  16. bko

daniel tosh is great. his show is funny and his comedy has improved. comedy central would be smart(i think) to continue his show. when dave chappelle quit, i hated life and wanted to die. at least now, cc has a comedian that is almost as hillarious as chappelle. where is dave anyway?

March 20, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Gerry

Apparently Tosh got started doing Taco Bell commercials.

March 17, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  18. handyman

I've been a huge fan since episode one, but season has been a huge disappointment. Maybe the writers have changed. The humor has lost its bite and wit. CC is doing the right thing to take pressure off from putting out weekly shows, hopefully figure out what's wrong and get back its original mojo for the rest of the season.

March 17, 2011 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  19. D

I like Tosh-he's hilarious- and he reminds me of an old friend of mine-he has that same exact humor.

March 17, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  20. couch critic

I think =3 is much funnier, but that's just my opinion.

March 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Superhiro

I have seen the show and I personally don't think it's funnier than his standup, hence why I said that. I just don't find anything interesting about watching lame internet videos where stupid people do even stupider things regardless of how good the host's jokes are. It's like.. I can watch lame videos at home, why would I want to watch them on tv?

March 16, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Liz

I just started watching this over a few months ago...Don't cancel it!!! I love Tosh.o! If Daniel wants to quit, that's one thing, but either way, that would suck!

March 16, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  23. beetlejuice

boy he looks like Dobie Gillis!

March 16, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • rosie

Yes, beetlejuice, I've thought he looks like Dobie Gillis since the first time I saw him. I had a HUGE crush on Dobie, too. Tosh is adorable. And remember I'm old enough to remember Dobie.

March 16, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liz

I don't know who dobie gillis is, but he must be hot, cuz D Tosh sure is!

March 16, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dr. Dolittle

@Todd: The only way you could have written that much about Mr. Tosh is that you have a secret crush on the man. It's nothing to be ashamed of, although I don't think Mr. Tosh is gay, so please don't get so attached to him. You will be arrested again if keep stocking him.

March 16, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

stocking him?

March 16, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • nola

Stalking is a term commonly used to refer to unwanted, obsessive attention by individuals
      stocking is something you wear on your legs, or do to a grocery shelf.

March 16, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • fapfest

You can stalk someone whilst *wearing* a stocking over your head, however. Then it's 'stolcking'

March 16, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lboogie

@fapfest niiiceee lol! I'm a huge fan of Daniel Tosh's standup and tosh.0, and I'm soo relieved to hear it's just on "hiatus" and not cancelled/over. Still trying to get in the audience though! Damn you, on camera wait list!!!!

March 16, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Superhiro

I liked Tosh back when he was a stand up but doing a show about internet clips felt powerfully lame to me from day one. It just feels too much like America's Funniest Home Videos 2.0

March 16, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

When you say it "felt," lame, you must not have actually watched the show. It is funnier than his stand up.

March 16, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Todd

He is a pretty funny dude. Not the best stand up comedian at the moment (that goes to Louis CK, IMO), but still very funny. Speaking of the roast of Trump (yes situation looked like a total tool (which he is) and his crash and burn was EPIC), that Anthony Jeselnik (sp?) was really funny. Haven't seen any of his stand up but based on that showing he certainly has talent.

I would have one piece of advice for Tosh (not that he will read this, or even if he did that he would care, nor should he), I wouldnt let yourself get over exposed. If people see too much of you, your schtick will get old. Just my two cents, and like i said, a very funny person whom I enjoy listening to and consistenly makes me laugh, which is all we can ask for in this effed up world we live in

March 16, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • jonny

Overexposed?
      With a broadcast of 20 minutes per week and a new stand up every 3 years?
      How would that even possible.

April 10, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  27. Steven Seagal

Balls

March 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Superhiro

"you can't stop! Where will I get my internet videos?!" Ummm... the internet?

March 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin

Wow...I hope you are not a Tosh fan. You clearly don't get sarcasm.

March 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • InternetSpy

I think these guys are going to be even bigger than Jon Stewart!
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enGJFHks-bA&w=640&h=390]

March 18, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • tanya

i agree. if you quit the ratings would be as good as it was when you were hosting it.

November 16, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |