Demi Lovato unveils tattoos inspired by fans
March 16th, 2011

Demi Lovato unveils tattoos inspired by fans

After opening up to fans about the darkest period of her life, Demi Lovato has returned with another recorded message in which she unveils some inspiring ink.

In a new video on Cambio, Lovato, who canceled her concert tour and entered a treatment facility for help with "emotional and physical issues" last November, shows off her new tattoos: the word "Stay" on her left wrist, and "Strong" with a little heart on her right.

"The journey that I went through and the support of my fans was so meaningful to me that I wanted to thank my fans in a way that I know can never be forgotten," says the singer/actress. "So I went ahead and I got a little heart tattoo on my wrist."

Lovato says she added the heart to the "stay strong" message because "it's something that my fans actually were drawing on their wrists while I was still in treatment. And some people even got tattoos of it. So I wanted to show you guys that I will never forget the support that you guys gave me. I will look at it every day and remember you guys and be completely thankful for you."

In other news, Lovato returned to Twitter yesterday after taking a break from the social networking site at the end of October. Her most recent message: "Achievement comes to those who are willing to walk as far as it takes till you get to what few have."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music • television

1. guardian angel

You could certainly see your skills in the work you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.

March 30, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Wapner

I stand by what I said. No matter how mature you THINK you are at 18, 20 years from now you will realize how stupid you were at 18.

March 16, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brooke

@Wapner- maybe you're saying this because you didn't experience much before the age of 18? Not everyone lives happy, comfy lives where they live at home till college. plus, i assume you're a man, which means you mature much SLOWER than a woman (its science). I'm 37 and looking back at 18 I still think I was mature. *shrug* not all kids are idiots, maybe yours are, but mine arent.

March 17, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jen

@Angel. I agree with you but I believe "Ugh" was actually sticking up for you. I believe she was saying that at 18 years old, many people are more mature. Her comment didn't sound like it was in reference to you personally but I may be wrong. Just live your life and be happy girl. All the best to you. :)

March 16, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Angel

I didnt mean to cause such a commotion. Tattoos do make a lady more sophisticated and mature. They also set us appart from others They make us unique. Too all the haters I am much smarter than all of you. And yes I am going to night school to get my GED. The reason I left school in the first place was horrible teachers like the wiitch calling herself UGH. She sounds like the horrible authoritarian beeeches we had when I was in 8th grade. I feel very sorry for your students. UGH. THat is a suitable name for you.

March 16, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ugh

get your eyes checked sweetheart. My comment was in DEFENSE of you and others your age. But maybe I spoke too soon...

March 17, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. HERMAN

YOU SCUZZBUTTTS MAKE ME SICK ! PICKING ON AN 18 YEAR OLD SKAAANK WITH TRAILER TRASH TATTOOS.

March 16, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jose

I was going to ask Angel out on a date but someone already beat me to it. Do you know any more girls with tattoos i can go out with ? I herd tattoed ladies can get a fella into the carnival for free !

March 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jenni

How pathetic your existances must be. I'd hate you if I didn't feel so sorry for you all. They say it's lonely at the top, looks like its even more lonely at the bottom.

March 16, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. deke

Back when Demi lived next door to us in the trailer park i knew she would make something out of herself. She won Gadsden Alabama Queen of the Park 3 years running !

March 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Nathan

So was she cutting herself? Is that why she has tattoos of "Stay Strong" on her wrists?
    Listen to their message, Demi. Stay strong.

March 16, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JIM

You can always tell the number of STDs a girl has by the number of her tattoos.

March 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. AMBER

Tattoed ladies belong in the circus. When i was little the fair always had a tattoed lady in the freakshow tent.

March 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Smoke em out

Yep...as a young man the word was any girl who smokes is easy pickens and those words of wisdom were correct. Nowadays its the smoking and tattoos that give away the HO's. Come here Angel baby...

March 16, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. BIG DADDY

Angel you sound like my kind of girl ! 18 with tattoos ! What you doing Friday night gifrien ?

March 16, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bob

yeah. tramp stamps are cool.

March 16, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ted

I love whe young girls get tattoos. It makes them look so mature and sophisticated. Plus it lets us guys know who to ask out if we want to get some.

March 16, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Wapner

angel, honey you don't really have enough years on you to have any wisdom about life. neither does ms. Lovato. at least put the tattoo where no one will see it but your boyfriend and/or gynecologist!

March 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ugh

@Wapner- So then you know PLENTY of 18 year old girls and can make that assumption? Who are any of you people to think you know what another person knows? You think because someone is 18 they haven't experienced LIFE? Have you looked around the world lately?

I'm a teacher at a middle school in New York and can say honestly that this is one of the most knowing and jaided generations of any and I'll be 57 next year. These kids arent living in some hunkydory time. Life is out there and it doesnt wait for someone to turn a magical number before its barrels down and over you.

March 16, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

There are a lot of people out there who went through a ton of sh!t by the time they were 18-not the greatest life they were given-but you cant judge someone's wisdom and experience based on age. It's just a number.

March 17, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  17. emme

i need reading glasses. . . look at my terrible typing ! :)

March 16, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  18. emme

Dont be fussing at angel. She is 18 years old ! All grown up and everything ! She cna make her own decisions ! She is 18 !

March 16, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brooke

(if your post was you trying to make fun of angel) I wasn't concerned with your typing so much as you being a classless individual. Maybe you and half of these board didn't know anything at 18 because you're all backwoods hypocrite rednecks but Angel seems to be a well adjusted, intelligent 18 year old. I was also well educated and mature at 18.

"It takes a certain strong kind of person to keep face amidst hostile diversity, it also takes a whole other to create it."

March 16, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  19. loham

Angel, post again 20 years from now and we might respect your opinion. You are a child. Still a teenager. Go to college and GRADUATE, get a job, then raise a family. Once you have done something with your life see what you think about a silly 18 year old child getting a tattoo.

March 16, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Posh-Kenneth

WOW look at all the MATURE people schooling Angel. You guys are WITTY and so CLASSY. Hey loham-I'm pretty sure having KIDS and getting MARRIED doesn't make anyone more mature, I've seen dumb azzes on TV, from my high school, college, etc. get married and having kids and all it made them was miserable and broke.

Angel has showed more maturity and class at 18 on here than any of the rest of you degenerates. Good for you honey. Haters will be haters, but its d4mn nice knowing you're better.

What a bunch of toolbags trollin around. It must be such a pathetic existance you all live that Demi Lovato has such an impact on your lives. Way to be really cool.

March 16, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Babiyaga

@posh-kenneth: you get em. the people on this board arent anything but trash. Yeah I get it posters like deke and JIM, you live boring, broke a$$ suburban lives. and talking shet about a young girl REALLY makes you look manly ESPECIALLY online. SOOO impressive.

Don't worry about these fools angel, they aint got shet else to do than sit behind their computers, nice and anonymous and talk trash about 18 year olds. They live sad, lonely lives. Forgive them.

March 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Har har!

March 17, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  20. ling quan

Angel is so mature. Already 18 years old ! I bet she knows everything !

March 16, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  21. @ angel

Commemorate this *POOT* <-right in ya face.

Butt Fudge Judge.

March 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. angel

haha okay.whatever you say.i personaly like demi lavato and she got a tat to remind herself about lifes struggles. i really cant believe that people get on here and talk crap about her,if you dont like her or dont agree with what the story is pertaining then why are you getting on this link in the first place. and people can have thier own opinions,who am i to judge.

March 16, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  23. angel

for one i didnt learn anything from thugs and losers, so get your facts straight! and i said nothing against any comments that are posted on here, i just said that people get tats to commemorate time periods in thier lives and i didnt agree with someone saying its white trash, im not exactly how old you are but your calling a 18 year old girl white trash..wow.grow up.seriously.

March 16, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  24. angel

people get tattoos to show a period in thier life and what they went through! i am 18 years old and have a tattoo, its on my foot and its marilyn monroes signature and im pretty sure its not "white trash" as you called it "tattoo my rump with your tongue".

March 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ angel

and you learned such from listening to thugs and losers. You white trash little punk.

March 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Bustin Jieber

I got a tattoo of myself on my bu++. That way I can kiss my own a$$.

March 16, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  26. jurby

sorry but i'll never understand why anybody would willingly want to destroy their bodies for the sake of art nor some stupid statement that they feel is so important to them that it needs to be permanently inked onto their bodies.

March 16, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • angel

people get them for many different reasons and some of them are good reasons and some of them are just plain stupid reasons.

March 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Personal choice-difference of opinion. Some people say that tatoes ruin the beauty of one's body-other's say that tatoo is true art, and some people just don't care and just get tatoos because they think they'll be cool or rebel, or some people get them for very personal sentimental reasons that will be forever etched in them. Me? I got a tatoo hidden (for professional reasons) but it holds the memory of my friend that passed away in an accident. She was hit by a drunk driver.

March 17, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  27. Hungry Henrietta

I could get that entire microphone in my mouth...

March 16, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  28. Tattoo my rump with your tongue

So did Demi get the tattoos as a confirmation that she is nothing but white trash?

March 16, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • D

All she has left to do is get that armband tatoo near her shoulder...now that's marking for white trash, alright!

March 17, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  29. Doo Doo El Monstro

What is a Nate Dogg? What type of STD brought this Nate Dogg to such a fate or was it a drive-by?

March 16, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  30. Cruel and unusual

LMAO!!

Keep em coming.

March 16, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  31. SarahC33

seriously CNN. NATE DOGG DIES AND YOUR PUBLISHING DEMI LOVATO'S NEW TAT?!!

March 16, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |