Channing Tatum not doing 'Bodyguard' with Rihanna
March 15th, 2011

Channing Tatum not doing 'Bodyguard' with Rihanna

Channing Tatum is shooting down rumors that he'll team up with Rihanna for the upcoming remake of "The Bodyguard." In fact, up until recently, the actor wasn't even aware that his name was attached to the project.

“No, really?" Tatum replied when a BBC Radio 1 interviewer asked him about the casting reports last week. "I wouldn’t not do that, but I don’t know. I mean, Rihanna is hot — I would definitely guard that body — but I’m not sure about doing 'The Bodyguard.'"

As Marquee previously reported, the remake of the 1992 Kevin Costner-Whitney Houston drama about a Secret Service Agent protecting a singer is being given a more modern twist. This time, it's an Iraq war vet keeping the diva out of danger, and thanks to technology like Twitter, Google Maps and TMZ, that won't be easy.

Which stars would you like to see in the revamped version of "The Bodyguard"?

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Music • Rihanna

1. Zachariah Boey

But a true paleolithic diet is impossible to mimic because wild game is not readily available, most modern plant food is cultivated rather than wild, and meats are domesticated. At best, you can eat a modified version of the original diet that's gluten-free and includes lean meat, organ meats, fish, poultry, eggs, vegetables, fruit, and nuts. It's a wide variety of foods..^'`

See the most recently released article on our own blog
    <http://picturesofherpes.co

June 30, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Paleo Diet Food List

Thanks for posting this . I have been looking for something like this . Great information I'll check back for more info in regards to Paleo Diet.

July 11, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. The Internet Marketing Heist

It is perfect time to make a few plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I've learn this post and if I may just I wish to recommend you few fascinating things or tips. Maybe you can write next articles relating to this article. I want to read more things approximately it!

July 4, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Kris

Definitely not Rhianna, she is a joke. If they are going to remake it maybe they should put an actual actress in the movie. Not some trashy singer

March 18, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

Yeah, maybe they should use Lindsay Lohan instead. Get over yourself. And to all the haters spouting the fat jokes. Rihanna is NOT FAT. She is the size of the "average American Woman" ....haters. Eat dirt and die. Because those of you posting those remarks, WISH you were that size. Hamburger and french fry eating mofo's. STFU.

March 18, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kris

Jennifer Hudson, hands down would much better be suited for the role. We already know she can sing and act. Plain and simple

March 18, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jason Pitts

Rihanna is not fat at all. She looks very healthy and looks to be no bigger than a size 6. Beyonce is larger than Rihanna but I do not see anybody calling her fat...interesting!

March 18, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Poor Boys

All of you boys keep talking about how fat Rihanna is you are just hating on her because deep down you know that you can’t satisfy a real women. Stay with your small skinny girls and keep your hate to yourself.

@ Olivia Jlo? Beyonce? No thanks you need someone younger for the role.

March 17, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Fatsy

There is no effective bodyguard who can protect the body surface area of these 2 blimps.

March 17, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  8. olivia

Channing is really cool n so is rihanna,but am scared she can't fit into that character. Bodyguard was a good movie n remaking it meaning making it better which will require matured n captivating actors like jlo,beyonce,jason statum,idris elba,mark walberg and a lot more hollywood can provide.

March 17, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. ME

Loved the original, hate Rihanna, hate this guy.

If they have to remake it, why can't they get some decent actors?

March 16, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Denise is dizzy

Enjoy Jenn Hudson as much as possible because she will soon be bigger than Aretha was before her gasto operation.

March 16, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. Denise

I think that Mark Walberg needs to play the lead man in the movie and Jennifer Hudson.and I think that Jennifer looks great.She is by no means fat,In this society,people think that if you are not a size o then you are fat.That is anorexic!

March 16, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • tif

I have read all the comments and lord knows I am so happy not to see Beyonce's name plastered on the comment wall. Anyway, I agree with Denise. I think Mark Wahlberg and Jennifer Hudson would be perfect in the remake.

March 17, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • tif

March 17, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. D

I don't get the attraction with this guy, he is not even remotely attractive!!

March 16, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. Yesbutno

JHud should not play the lead. She should play the bitter sister to RiRi's disastrous lead. It'll be another Effe moment so that we'll have another "And the Oscar goes to..." situation!

March 15, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. not4sale

Q: How can you tell if your girlfriend is getting to FAT?

A: She starts fitting into your wives clothes!

March 15, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. westsider

Jennifer Hudson! (not Rhianna) & Channing Tatum

March 15, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • eastsider

Jennifer Hudson is way to fat to play anything but a fat chick in a movie. I know she just lost 60lbs, but that just means she went from 260lbs to 200lbs. Either way she is fat.

March 15, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. fartblossom

I meant "we may get some new classics" . Darn text window too small.

March 15, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  17. fartblossom

Superhiro: brilliant! well-said. Hollywood: listen up! Recycle plastic, glass, metal and wood, but give us some new movies! Take a chance on some new stuff instead of taking the "safe" path wit a remake. Who knows? we met some new "classics". please don't re-do crap.

March 15, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Superhiro

I agree with the first comment. This movie was garbage the first time around and remaking it will probably make it at least 10x worse.

March 15, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jus saying

I think it should be Keri Hilson or jennifer Hudson and the possible male leads could be (if stayin true to original with older gent) Jason Statham, Ryan Phillipe or Sam Worthington...if younger:

March 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. J-dog

Dolly Parton and Justin Beiber, Dolly is the bodyguard, lol

March 15, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  21. fartblossom

Or do the remake with Charlie Sheen & Lindsay Lohan, maybe Wesley Snipes and Chaka Khan? Better yet, no re-make, plus burn all copies of the original!

March 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Erick

Latoya Luckett and Adam Rodriguez from CSI Miami...I think that is his name. Or Jason Lewis.

March 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  23. mejazzbo

A remake of a lousy movie is still a lousy movie. The only reason anyone went to the original Bodyguard, Whitney Houston. Rihanna is not even close to being as charismatic a singer as Whitney at the same stage in her career.

March 15, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  24. fartblossom

Just do the remake with Larry the Cable Guy and Miley Cyrus. He can keep her from doing bong hits and she can buy him some sleeves!

March 15, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  25. Jack Cornhole

What about Wesley Snipes and Gucci Mane.

March 15, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  26. Jack Cornhole

I would like to seen Mickey Rooney and Gary Coleman.

March 15, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  27. fartblossom

The way Rihanna is packing on the pounds, she could star in Aretha Franklin's biography!

March 15, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Quieff

I hear ya, Rihanna is turning into a fat chick. Chris Brown did the right thing, she just didnt learn from it.

March 15, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Ole Grandad

Not even I would do this Tatum boy. He just looks greasy and nasty. I thinking he should change his name to AIDS-Boy.

March 15, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • flyonthewall

He should just change his name.......what kind of handle is "Channing"?

March 15, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  29. heatherMyawn

lol babiyaga.

March 15, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  30. Babiyaga

@ Jake- Sooooo clever. I knew this morning when I got up and thought "lets look for the tippy top of witicism today, I'm sure I'll find it on the Marquee Blog" that your comment ranked somewhere PRETTY dang high. You're the next Daniel Tosh man... you freakin toolbag.

Side note- Channing Tatum. Derp Derp.

March 15, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  31. Jake Gyllenhaal

I would do a BodyGuard remake with Channing and play Whitneys part. Channing could rescue me from my gayness then strip for me leading me to a downward spiral of seedy motels and "backroom deals". Upon discovering such Channing could then again rescue me and wisk me away to the rump riding day of freedom on his ranch at Broke Back Mountain...

March 15, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  32. NICKnack

He's not going to do it because Rihanna is getting FAT an he does want to need a bag of flour.

March 15, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • ewfawerf

Lol good response tubby, Get to your Ben An Jerrys. If Rihanna is fat, then Ruben Studdard is a "2011" version of the Goodyear Big White Puff in Ghostbusters. Ignorant people like you are the reason that there is bulimia in this country.
      You are a disgrace, and I seriously highly doubt you're under 350lbs tank. Slim Fast Called, they need their "before" pic from you again so they can put some skinny guy next to you. Lol you MAKE their greatest success commercial. Your the one that the guy loses 400lbs and is counting ;)
      Think before you speak, it hurts donit? :p

March 16, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donlizard

After seeing her on the Brit awards, I have to agree, she's a total thunder thighs, bubble butt.
      I could swear I heard a beeping sound when she walked backwards!

March 17, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  33. fartblossom

Why remake something that sucked the first time? At least Whitney won't be in it. Unless she does a cameo as an abused wife and crack 'ho

March 15, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Yourafish

Eh, did you say why remake a movie that sucked the first time? thats makes no sense, people remake movies that suck hoping to make them better buddy,. Your not supposed to remake good movies..............

March 16, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |