'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin - great casting?
March 14th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin - great casting?

Sarah Palin is speaking out about the news that Oscar-nominated Julianne Moore has been cast to play her in the upcoming HBO film “Game Change.”

She told Fox News, “Well, I am all about job creation and I guess I could provide some of these gals who pretend like they're me some job security…”

Palin surely doesn’t sound thrilled about the idea that anyone is going to play her on film, but I will say, Julianne Moore has always been one of my favorite actresses (in addition to being a really nice person). I think she’ll be terrific! But what do you think?

Other big stories we’re fired up about on our show today…

Hollywood’s Heartache: Stars speak out about the devastation in Japan

Lisa Rinna and Star Jones fight on “Celebrity Apprentice”

See you live at 5 p.m. ET on "Showbiz Tonight" and again at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. Observer

I'm looking forward to it. The director is the same person who directed 'Recount' with Kevin Spacy (HBO movie about the 2000 presidential election). If it's nearly as good, it should be quite interesting.

March 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. fartblossom

Superhiro, Sees All Evil: It's all about getting her name out there. most people don't pay attention to the content of what politicians say, just whether they've heard of them or not.

March 15, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  3. djburnham

I hate Sarah Palins guts in real life why would I spend my hard earned money to see her character or lack of it on a giant screen with her whiney voice in surround sound? It was bad enough when her daughter invaded my tv. They only thing I want to read, hear or see about her is and obit.

March 15, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. D

Couldn't have said it better, Superhiro.

March 15, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. JC

The best casting choice is Snookie. I believe they share a brain cell between the two of the

March 14, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sees All Evil

Superhiro you are so on point I could'nt add a thing ROFLMAO! You made my day!

March 14, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Superhiro

Well you can ask that question about anything she's done in the public eye so far. What was the point of picking her for VP? What was the point of her going rogue? What was the point of a losing VP candidate writing a book, or two books for that matter? What's the point of paying this woman to speak at GOP functions? What's the point of giving her a reality show? What's the point of even TALKING about her running for president let alone actually running? There's literally no point to her at all.

March 14, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Denizen Kate

Why is HBO even doing a movie on Palin? If it's favorable, who's backing it? If it's a expose, well . . . I think we already know she's an airhead, among other things, so what's the point?

March 14, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dr. X

A movie about Parah Salin on HBO? Should be on Comedy Central...

March 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • a suki suki

Yes, and she should be played by Tina Fey – because then I'd have confidence that it would be a fairly accurate representation.

March 15, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  10. Lace

I wish this woman would go away already.

March 14, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |