Aerosmith, J-Lo both slated to perform on 'Idol'
March 14th, 2011

Aerosmith, J-Lo both slated to perform on 'Idol'

“American Idol” won’t have to go far this season to find acts to perform.

Fancast.com reports that executive producer Nigel Lythgoe told xfinityTV.com that Aerosmith and Jennifer Lopez will both perform at some point during Season 10.

And fans won’t have to wait for the show’s season finale to see it happen, he said. “It will probably be before that, actually,” Lythgoe said.

Aerosmith’s lead singer, Steven Tyler, and Jennifer Lopez are both new judges on this season’s “Idol.”

1. well-well

J.lo. How lo can you get. You do not know how to sing, how to act but hell...u r juicy. I hope your Port o rican man his package stops working so u can leave him for me. And air-o mith..too bad I am not into man nor drag I am sure one of the republican n office won't mind getting you into an airport bathroom! Though you make me squezzzze my legs

March 18, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. soapstix

I must be one of a few that are satisfied with this panel of judges. I was not a Jennifer Lopez fan in her earlier years, but I am now. I think she knows what she is doing, has a heart. She also has a head to go along with it. Stephen Tyler, well what else can I say, I love the experience he brings and the talent he has, and the same can be said about Randy Jackson. Why people like Barbara Walters thing they need a Simon on the show, is beyond me. Besides, he seemed to think leaving the show was an ok thing to do. As for the talent this year. There is so much talent, I cringe to think of anyone going off the show. I know it is going to happen, but am also hoping someone with the talent the likes of Siobhan Magnus Stays on the show longer than 6th place this year. I totally think it was wrong to try to pigeon hole her talent, when she could do so many different things, and do them well. If it had not been for the negative comments about not understanding who she was, I think she would have gone farther. Just another artist, who was passed over because of silly comments by two judges on the panel, that are now gone., IMO

March 15, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. fartblossom

Stankfoot: well-said! Aerosmith was never my favorite, but at least they all play instruments instead of just sampling others' songs and talking like the Crap artists.

March 15, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. betty

I want to play scissors sisters with J-Lo.

March 15, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • soapstix

Why anyone would make a remark about playing scissors sisters ...., well, I guess it takes all kinds.

March 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mimi jones

she sucks

March 15, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. betty

I like to fish my own doo doo out of the toilet and eat it.

March 15, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ham and Cheese Sandwich

Steven Tyler makes me want to vomit. He is nothing more than a self-absorbed ham.

March 15, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  8. betty

There is no rock n roll person more 'relevant' than Aerosmith and Steven Tyler. You should be ashamed for saying such things!

March 15, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • StankFoot

@ Ugly Betty.

"There is no rock n roll person more 'relevant' than Aerosmith and Steven Tyler"

Are you kidding? Led Zepplin, The Beatles, RollingStones, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Who, Pink Floyd, Stevie Wonder....Just to name a few.

Now Betty...GET BACK IN THAT TOILET.

March 15, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. arch

Steve "big lips" needs to take some classes dealing with carrying a note! Big-butt needs to learn that she isn't what she thinks she is! Her singing is just about as good as her acting...sucks. I wonder how many times she got a role not for acting abilities, but for her a.r.s.e. and fakers up top. None of these so-called judges have ever had to get up in front of judges to get a gig. They think they are gods. I know it would probably be boring, but having judges who actually know what a good voice sounds like and how to judge that voice would be a welcome addition to this show. It would be so nice to see this show and others like it dropped! They take up space on the tube. I have never watch the show. I have seen clips and really don't like how they degrade the people who are trying their hardest to give a good show. The judges have to make the kids feel like crap so they can get a joke in here and there. Tyler could never get past the first round if he had to go through this process. His voice sucks. Lopez would probably get further because of her items that are part of her body more than her voice. There is no reason to make those kids feel like crap when they don't make the cut. It is known as showing a little class and style.

March 15, 2011 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Jujubeans

What a ten ton load of crap

March 15, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Chica

I bet if you had a performance where you blance a 2 liter soda on your head, spin a ball and hope on one foot and get paid for it you would want it blasted world wide. The more exposure the more you want to perform and get paid.

March 15, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • soapstix

Reilly, I cannot figure if posts like these come from jealousy, some sort of unkind gene, or what.

March 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. wendy

Great! I love them both. Looking forward to their performances.

March 15, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. David de Canada

Steve should record this song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYHzqxO9-g

a great song for a Steve solo album

March 15, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Marklester

great work! im in complete awe to see this idnemsion of yours n that too so well-etched n honest to the core. Today,i feel proud being an avid n dedicated listener of the songs which are written by someone who has such in-depth knowledge of our literature. you've made me a very proud person today!THANKS for doing this.

March 17, 2012 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  12. agit prop

Lame

March 14, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jake jeckel

Idol sux and always has, except when Howard Stern tried to get the votes out for Sonagina. The only person I've seen with talent was kicked off just for having a weed charge, I guess if he poped pills like Paula he'd been o.k..

March 14, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. mike3250

What a shock???? No, not really. The minute I heard these two were going to be judges, I knew the show would be an outlet for them to perform and present old a/o new material to the masses. Wanna bet there's an Aerosmith night and one of the Idol kids massacres "Dream On," and then of course there will be a J-Lo night and someone will sing one of her forgetable songs. Aerosmith and J-Lo have not been relevant since the late 90s. Just be judges!!!!

March 14, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chica

Who care, they'll continue to make $$$ and the ratings going up. Producer know what they are doing Exposure!

March 15, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • RustysRage

Your comments show your obvious lack of knowledge on the subject! Relevant? These two are probably the most relevant two out there in the buisness! What there have accomplished and what they're currently working on is much to time consuming to list. Your post is whats not relevant!

March 15, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Saji

sempre pi interessante, spiaermo che continuino a lavorarci sopra ancora un bel po'. oltretutto la grafica sembra anche migliorata rispetto le vecchie immagini.Anche the conduit ci stanno lavorando molto sodo sopra, e si vede anche dal fatto che la grafica in generale migliora sempre pi .se tanto mi da tanto, dovrebbe essere un capolavoro all'uscita.Anche perch scordatevi di avere un nuovo zelda da qui ad altri 2 anni.

March 17, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  15. Boochie Review

Can of them sing, just questioning. Check me out http://www.bochiereview.com

March 14, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • OK

I did you a favor and checked out your site. It suxz, so you are now famous in the same way Paris Hilton is, no talent and stupid, congradulations.

March 14, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • RustysRage

Your site must not have been that good – won't even load for me!

March 15, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  16. bigrichard

I could ____ j-lo all day long

March 14, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Brian

Jlo looks good as long as she doesn't put too much clown makeup on

March 14, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Superhiro

Well she was also pretty awful in other movies. Gigli anyone?

March 14, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hoopfan

Gigli wasnt her fault, bad movies are usually more due to a bad director than the actor. They just have the script and hope the director has the abiltiy to pull everything together. In this case... not.

March 14, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  19. NICKnack

J-Lo looks great. I just saw the picture for Rihanna though, she is getting FAT.

March 14, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. c~bud

She's was I 2 good movies, but I wish someone else wouldve gotten those parts.

March 14, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Superhiro

Thought we had enough of J-Lo back in the early 2000s.

March 14, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  22. juju

I could watch j-lo all day long

March 14, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |