The Situation's jokes draw boos at Trump roast
March 11th, 2011

The Situation's jokes draw boos at Trump roast

"Jersey Shore" star Mike Sorrentino got himself into a real Situation while filming Comedy Central's Roast of Donald Trump on Wednesday. The reality star told jokes that were so offensive that the crowd nearly booed him off stage, reports Us Weekly.

Sorrentino began by taking shots at his fellow presenters, calling Larry King old, Lisa Lampanelli fat and Marlee Matlin ugly. But that was nothing compared to what he had in store for Snoop Dogg.

In a racially insensitive bit, Sorrentino quipped that the rapper had much in common with Trump, since Trump owned a lot of property and Snoop's ancestors had once been property.

The audience failed to see the humor in Sorrentino's remarks and booed until emcee Jeffrey Ross stepped in to smooth things over.

"My whole career people have been hard on me," Sorrentino later told Us Weekly. "But I stood in there. I got through it, and people actually clapped at the end."

The MTV star also insisted that Snoop wasn't offended by his routine. "Snoop is an awesome dude," he said. "Very kind. Me and him got along so well. Between Trump and Snoop, I gained a lot of friendships."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Donald Trump • Jersey Shore • Music • Snoop Dogg • television

1. KeytarHero

yeah, people didn't boo him because his jokes were offensive (everyone's jokes are offensive in a roast), they boo'd him because he has no timing, is pretending to be cool and important (he's not), was bobbing his head around and shifting around behind the podium like a chicken in a slaughterhouse, and had terrible weak unfunny jokes as sophisticated as a third grader's.

Fitting to see someone with no talent or moral compass crash and burn like a greasy hindenburg. Oh the hilarity!

The best part of the roast by far. Im glad 3.5million watched along and agreed. I think they should sign Sorrentino up for all future roasts as well, and also please have him on Last Comic Standing too!

"

were all about how much $ he has now and how many scores of "hot" girls he's banging now (5 different ones per week he says in one joke)

March 22, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Maty

That fake tan- does he sleep in a vat of Zarex or something?

March 22, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Public Enemy Number 2

Never have I missed Greg Giraldo more than when The Situation was announced on the dais. The Sitch was the biggest roast bomb since Norm MacDonald on the roast of Bob Saget.

March 21, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bec

This article can't be more off base. The problem was not that his jokes were offensive... It's a roast, they are ALL offensive jokes. They ALL begin by taking shots at their fellow presenters. And when The Situation was being slammed, he took it with a smile. It's all part of the fun.

The real problem is that his delivery was appalling. It was a joke for him to be sitting there next to those great comedians. His delivery was so bad, Ice T almost cried!

They clearly put him on to draw a younger audience. And actually, I laughed harder at him bombing than I did at any other part of the roast.

March 19, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Trevor

Did anyone else watch the roast? The Situations "act" was terrible, but it wasn't offensive. His jokes just fell flat. He actually didn't even make the racist joke about Snoop Dogg that they say he did (unless it was edited out of the original broadcast). He could potentially have a libel suit on his hands.

March 19, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • FFornelli

Yes they did edited it and took that part out. If u see the roast of roseanne they also took out a joke that jeff ross did about the insident in colorado with the people in the movie theatre

May 29, 2013 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ol' Scratch

The Situation has no comedic timing; he was not funny. Whoever wrote his jokes should be blacklisted and whoever the tool at Comedy Central is who thought booking him was a good idea should be fired.
    Otherwise, I would love to see the entire Jersey Shore cast on a Comedy Central roast; and by roast, I mean I would like to see them lined up and set on FIRE! With all the lotion and hair product they wear, they would probably explode...

March 19, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. Gbone

I just watched the roast and I literally had to look away and cringe... it was that hard to watch. His jokes were just not funny. He was either complimenting himself or just saying something bad about someone with virtually no punchline. It was horrible. Seriously horrible.

March 18, 2011 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. Fred Ziffel

I think there is more to this story. He didn't appear to be any more or any less funny than any of the other comediens. I thought they were playing a prank on him when nobody in the audience responded. I suspect something occurred at the event prior to his roast which turned off the audience.

March 16, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
    • adam219

Are you even talking about the same show the rest of us saw? No one in the audience laughed because there was nothing funny to laugh at. He was, without a doubt, the worst roaster that night, and I'd go as far as to say he was the worst roaster in the history of Comedy Central. Horrible, horrible jokes.

March 16, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Alexander

help out =DDDD

March 16, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. Superhiro

Yea, that joke was pretty distasteful, but it's nowhere near as offensive as Lampanelli. Even Lampanelli's appearance is offensive.

March 15, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Aretha Franklin

That fool is hot. I may be ole fat and ugly but he can climb abode my soul train any ole day.

March 14, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sigmund Sea Monster

One day the Situation went swimming near my cave; I ate him, but the oil in his hair made me throw up! So I puked him back up, that's why he looks like he does now!

March 13, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Situation's D!ck

You should see all the nasty places he's been sticking me! And he's too cheap to buy a box of Trojans!

March 13, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jersey Health Department

Warning to all females: stay away from The Situation! He has contracted a rare form of AIDS. Another Italian Dumb Sh!t

March 13, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jerseylicious

STD's? you mean Stupid Total D!ckhead? or Short Tiny D!ck?

March 12, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • millie vanilly

ya mon.. look at the dirt b ag and the how more and more nasty the chicks sitch bags lately.. the word is out he has a pretty bad STD on the street. I heard the entire cast knows he has a std he can't shake for life. so the good looking chicks are running for the hills.. I agree the grease ball is a dirt bag.

March 12, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. millie vanilly

this is evidence of what dirt people these I talians are and the STD's they spread ... good example for the youth.

March 12, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jerseylicious

Yo, Situation! you'd be a great poster child for birth control! What Jersey toxic waste dump did you crawl out of? No, I'm not jealous, I'm ROTFLMFAO!

March 12, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Snoop D Dogg

Evrybody talkin' 'bout they "goin' green" n sh!t; man, I been doin' dat for years, my nizziggahs!!

March 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  19. D

yeah riiiiiiiiiiiight. get a life you troll looser.

March 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  20. c~bud

A fake Italian walked into a bar, the bartender said "get the f outta her".

March 12, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  21. Snoop D Dogg

Fo' shizzle! yeah my peeps used to be property, but now I gots me a white b!tch chained up in de basement! Revenge is sweet, pass me dat blunt!

March 12, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • TSteveo

A stop you racisct P.O.S! People like you should still be in the fields

March 14, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Superhiro

What the Sitch really meant to say : "my whole career I've had a hard-0n for myself, but what do you expect? I'm from Jersey!"

March 12, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  23. steve6729

the Situation is a mildly amusing guy, for about 5 minutes. After that you know all the game he has got. He is the luckiest SOB in america. He makes way to much money for a guy with that limited talent. The jokes were written for him. he is not a pro. he sucked. Jersey Shore is a total train wreck. I feel stupider every time I watch it. I must admit that I see every show. I need help. perhaps charlie Sheen can use the power of his mind to cure me. Winning!!!!

March 12, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. Superhiro

I just let a stinker! SHOOO!

March 12, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  25. tsteveo

Just so you all know guests on these roasts such as THE SITUATION do not write their own material. Comedy Central has writers that shoot these guys jokes..sure he might have came up with some of the stuff or maybe said written material his own way but come on he is no comedian. Not standing up for him just saying he didn't think this up on his own..he just read what they put on a card for him. If you think what he said was bad you haven't seen any of these roasts..some of the racial stuff is out of hand..but at the same time if you are offended or don't like these comics, celebs, or their jokes turn the F*n channel

March 12, 2011 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Fred Ziffel

You are right. SO suddenly his jokes are not funny?

I think there is more to this story. When nobody in the audience responded to him, I thought they were playing a prank on him. It was like total silence, not even a few people laughing. That's not right. I suspect something occurred at the event prior to his roast which turned the audience against him.

March 16, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  26. Anita F.N. Drink

Damn Jennifer beat me to it!... What "career" ??? Umm newsflash 'situation' Publicly making an ass out of yourself 24/7 is NOT a career you delusional dip$hít ! He is a no talent piece of white trash who is more nauseating than chemotherapy. His "career" once this cra ppy show final fizzles out and dies will most likely involve the phrase "do you want fries or an apple pie with that?"
    @ kenny rogers
    That comment you made comparing him to a turd was a little overboard... you just insulted turds all over the world without provacation... now take it back and apologize to all those turds! That was wrong what did the turds ever do to you, to deserve that!

March 12, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  27. tony

This g rease ball is g ay as a brick. I heard the rumors he has HPV v irus.

March 12, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  28. c~bud

This fools career is a joke

March 11, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  29. jaintn

Career? As what? He's rude, crude, dumb as a box of rocks, physically unattractive, and refers to himself as "the situation." Two words: icky poo.

March 11, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  30. kenny rogers

I am hopeful the cast of Jersey Shore's 15 minutes if fame will be over soon. Comparing this guy to Pauly Shore is so disrespectful to Mr. Shore, at least he is kind of funny. I would compare the situation to a turd. Maybe Mike should look for Puck from the third season of the real world to see where his career is heading to.

March 11, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  31. situationsofthesituation

Now that my friend, is what I call a situation.

March 11, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Zeta

The Situation *is* a joke!

March 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Be Quiet

I have never seen Jersey Shore and refuse to follow the stupid things all of those meatheads do...but aren't jokes like that pretty common place at these roasts? I bet it's being made into an issue because people hate The Situation.

March 11, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. brian

The roast is all about crossing the line. But I guess in PC america only certain people are allowed to be racist.

March 11, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jennifer

His whole "career."? WHAT CAREER. Has he done something I missed??? That would have been funny. That should have been his joke!

Loser.

March 11, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Lori Cardille

Did anyone hear Mac Millers new song called DONALD TRUMP?

March 11, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  37. aneblett

This whole Jersey shore thing, after seeing these "people", I just can't help thinking America just keeps getting dumber. Why do we tolerate this? It is just sad. People watch their show instead of real entertainment, like firefly. Just do not get it!

March 11, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  38. ButterBean

The Situation is only good for sucking Hot Farts out of male hineyholes.

March 11, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  39. ProperVillain

He's not only dumb but blind, calling Marlee Matlin ugly? What's the matter Mike...not enough orange fake tan and eyeliner for you? What a fool...

March 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ProperVillain

When will this no talent eejits 15 minutes be up? Please let it be soon....

March 11, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  41. OmegaXS1

Correct me if Im wrong but, Im guessing someone else wrote these jokes for him.

March 11, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Tony

The "situation" is this guy is a dumb, ugly egomaniac. Go away forever please!

March 11, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Keita

I am pretty sure Sandra Bernhard or another comedian told that property joke at a Richard Prior roast. I saw it a few weeks back on TVOne. It's one thing to tell a bac joke, but he ripped it off!

March 11, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Amy

I thought the joke was funny. I didn't watch the show though, so the delivery might not have been.

March 11, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  45. OhBoy

Thats why people like Pauly D and Vinny better than him.... He thinks he is to famous.. His 15 min are almost up....

March 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  46. MadCityBabe

and one other thang............stop shaving your face in the dark.........you're buzzing off your sideburns and gashing your skull............DORK

March 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • brkadk

Omg that is so freaking funny and true i can't stand him such a s#!t starter

March 19, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  47. MadCityBabe

with a moniker like "The Situation" are you kidding me?! What a no talent clown – there is no true future for him in the entertainment industry once Jersey Shore tankis. I do believe he's getting a bit old to be carrying on the way he does on that scank of a show Jersey Shore. How could anyone take this d o u c h e as a serious actor?!

These door knobs should take a few ques from the vintage Dean Martin roasts... now those were entertaining to watch and not at all cringeworthy

March 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  48. :)

I didn't get to watch the roasting so I don't know what he said but isn't that what a roast is all about?

March 11, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  49. harleyfatz

This guy is truly a supreme puke!! Sickening in every manner!!! Enough already!!!

March 11, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • CPF

@fatz

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Aztrazolo

Why is Trump even involved in this? It's an honor to be roasted by the Friar's club. But if you're being roasted and Lisa Lampinelli is involved you're really slumming. Being roasted on comedy central is not good PR for anyone who was not previously a coke-head.

March 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • tsteveo

The friars club dropped out of these roasts years ago...this in no way should be compared to the old school dean martin roasts and what not! Abe bigoda almost died at the last one he showed up to cuz of the crap they say...it is now COMEDY CENTRAL ROAST not to be in any way associated with the FRIARS! That is why yahoos like the sitch end up on this crap now-a-days! There is no honor in it anymore.....ps i love the sitch and all the shore cast!!! ya i said it

March 12, 2011 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  51. thehill

The Situation banged Bristol Palin during Dancing with the Stars, my friend went to high school with him and Mike told him directly. Unfortunaly no video though.

March 11, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • No doubt

No doubt The – classless idiot – Situation would run his mouth. I highly doubt he could get laid in a morgue let alone get it on with Palin. Also...he is gay.

March 11, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • ~M~

You could rich with proof of that info...just sayin...

March 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

I doubt that's true. Most men talk about 'conquests' that didn't really happen-especially for someone that we've seen on TV that he doesn't really have much game.

March 11, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  52. yeppers

Lisa Lampinelli is hilarious. The situation is just dumb.

March 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Billyjobob

He is himself a no talent joke....enough already of this tool bag troll. He has to be at 14min.59 seconds? How is this zombie famous? The best was the chick that said... he needs to pull his shirt up higher to cover "the situation" that is his Pauly Shore face. He also seems to be a certified crank yanker & ego maniac. He makes Andy Dick seem like a class act.

March 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  54. sasha

How could this kid be any more offensive then Lisa Lampinelli. She is an equal oppertunist racist. Meaning she is offensive to everyone all the time. That little remark was NOTHING compared to that. I think the problem there is the talent not what was said. Because racist remarks, however unnessicary are always prevalent at these roasts.

March 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • OmegaXS1

True indeed.

March 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

I agree sasha, what he said really wasn't that bad compared to MANY comedians as well. However I wonder why they have him at a roast when he's not really a comedian or even an actor that does some comedy...

March 11, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Nathan

His whole career people have been hard on him? As a comedian? What? Dude, seriously?

March 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • inshock

Why was this person invited ? I think he and his fellow cast mates have managed to give Jersey such a bad image Jersey may never live it down...disgusting lot of humans...

March 11, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

You took the words from my mouth. CAREER? What exactly does this guy DO?

March 18, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |