Jon Cryer: 'The fact is, I'm a troll'
March 11th, 2011

Jon Cryer: 'The fact is, I'm a troll'

The day after Charlie Sheen issued a “half-apology” to his former “Two and a Half Men” co-star Jon Cryer for calling him “a turncoat, a traitor and a troll,” Cryer went on “Conan” Thursday night to issue his (humorous) response.

Sheen’s words were painful to him for many reasons, Cryer began, not the least of which because – pause for dramatic effect – “the fact is, I am a troll,” the actor admitted.

“It’s not something I like to talk about; my parents don’t even know,” he went on, “although I guess they do now.”

He’s been hiding his true identity all this time because “there’s not a lot of tolerance for people like me in Hollywood,” Cryer said. “To avoid ignorance and bullying, I’ve had to hide the fact that I’m a troll. You have no idea how much time and money I’ve spent on electrolysis and hair dye and reconstructive surgery so I can look like this.”

And he’s not the only one: Paul Giamatti, Helen Mirren and even “Conan’s” Andy Richter are all really trolls, Cryer revealed.

We guess since he was already on the topic, Cryer also took the opportunity to clear up some misconceptions: trolls, apparently, do not drink the morning dew from buttercups, and also can’t be found baking cookies in trees - that's what elves do.

“For the last time, we’re the guys that dangle from little girls' backpacks and sit on the end of pencils!” an exasperated Cryer said.

The 45-year-old ended his big reveal saying that perhaps he should be grateful that Sheen outed him.

“I’m finally free,” Cryer said. “To all the other trolls still 'living under the bridge,' especially you younger trolls, I’m here to tell you, it get’s better. Not gay better, but still, sorta better.”

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Sue

This thing with Charlie Sheen kinda reminds me of what happened to Brian Wilson. I don't think he ever really made it back to being completely sane. Sorry Charlie!!!!!!!!!!

March 18, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. Vic

Just goes to show why this man is so funny and so talented. Instead of just shrugging it off and saying something petty like, "Charlie is nuts you know!" he took the offensive comments and made a nice comedy bit out of them.

Whatever happens I hope he gets another tv show soon, or better yet, more movie roles. He was great in the 80's.

March 14, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MonogrammedEverything.com

So tired of the whole Charlie show...he is a joke.

March 14, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DJ Cor

Hi there! Very impressive of Mr. Cryer to react in this funny way.I believe that Sheen & Cryer together have chemistry.Each on their own will be a different story.(look at the cast of Friends) Maybe they could save Two and a half man by sending (in the sitcom) Sheen into rehab (nice throw back to Sheen) and bring in another character like an unknown brother or their "father". (Mr. Shatner?) There are so many possibillities to save the show.Mr.Sheen fights his own batlles & Ghosts these days.That ship has sailed.Now move on,for the cast and crew.

March 14, 2011 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  5. Gail

Good for you John....you are the star.

March 12, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rachel

Cryer's response to Sheen was perfect. Charlie Sheen has completely lost it. http://foodiegossip.blogspot.com/2011/03/charlie-sheens-cooking-show-winning.html And when he get's "it" back and realizes how insane he's been acting, it'll take years to recover from that embarrassment. I think the show will see a 1000% improvement once they replace Sheen. He's the reason I haven't been watching the show.

March 12, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lee Butters

I've been saying for at least a month now that the producers of the new CHARLIE'S ANGELS should get Cryer to play Bosley. This is the time to do it. Resign Ramon Rodriguez to play somebody else. Cryer would be the better Bosley.

March 11, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LMR

Truly funny, classy man, this Mr. Cryer. Sheen could take a lesson.

March 11, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. PapaGaga

you are also not funny or clever mr. cryer.

March 11, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Susan - Canada

I think David Spade would play well off this guy. Never mind bringing in a pretty boy.....bring him in as a relative or long lost brother. I think he would be great.....he is funny. He could be the same kind of character that he plays on Rules of Engagement.

March 11, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. moviemom

Nobody puts Duckie in a corner! I love him, I hope that CBS finds a replacement to save this show...I always felt Cryer was the glue that held the show together anyway..He was the comic relief!

March 11, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Slinky

Charlie Sheen made a living out of playing himself. Cryer has real talent...and CLASS! Kudos, dude.

March 11, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Roxanne

Jon Cryer did the LA Olympic Triathlon in 2006. He is a funny guy and apparently fit too. To bad that doesn't make it into the press. More Jon Cryer. Less of that other guy.

March 11, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Amanda

Mr. Cryer, I hope you read these comments and pat yourself on the back.
    What a class act. I've loved him since he was Ducky and my favorite show is Two and a Half Men. I will miss my weekly dose of Alan and Charlie. I hope Cryer gets many great job offers. He's a fantastic actor and is showing himself to be a stellar person as well.

March 11, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. servantofAmen

Lord Amen you are very Mightyyyy, I praise you and worship you through Jesus I know AMEN THE FATHER, I challenge any draco reptillian to a dull with magic, vampire energy suckers.....nibiru shall be under my spell with thunder wind and rain, Humans are not Slaves.,,,,satan is not higher than us and his draco.....they are nothing,,,... Love is Powerful,,,,it shines and prosecutes all evil on the spot. Jesus Christ is the SON OF GOD>>>> satan is no match.....satanism is a dying religion. behold i speak to all enlightened ones.....that have fallen from grace.....

March 11, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  16. joli610

I agree, Mr. Cryer is a class act. I am a fan of the show, but I've always felt that he's the better actor of the two. The show is great because of ALL the actors on the show. I'm sure that it would be just a good without Charlie Sheen. Just hope he realizes he needs help before it's too late for him personally....

March 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Cain'thepit

Charlie Sheen is a total Hollyweird loser. If it wasn't for bad acting he wouldn't have a life at all.

March 11, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. truthinrock

Right on Jon! That bit was not only funny but showed you have nothing but class.

March 11, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  19. brad1001

Class act, blah blah blah ... he's 2nd fiddle actor in a now defunct sorry laugh track sitcom. And a sissy at that. Troll? That's being kind.

March 11, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. E

Jon Cryer is a true professional and is the type of actor that should be admired and handed cash by the carload. Sadly most people just want the crazy drama of a wife shooting drunk rather than promoting someone who deserves fame and fortune.

March 11, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lisa

Lol!!! I love Jon cryer from way back when he was ducky!!!!

March 11, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Goddess

Jon, you will forever be "DUCKY" to me. You are really the only whole man on the show.

(AND THE FUNNIEST!!!)

March 11, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  23. yooper

Everybody from lower Michigan is a troll. I thought everyone knew that. They all live under the bridge.

March 11, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Goddess

Jon will forever be "DUCKY" to me. You are really the only whole man on the show.

(AND THE FUNNIEST)

March 11, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Bjorn

Thank You Jon Cryer for clarifying the Troll situation. Like the others, I agree that you did indeed take the high road. You truly are a funny and class act. Loved you in Hot Shots when you co-starred with C.S. , your" Walleye" vision really let you see the light here. Hope you get your own series with co-stars that really appreciate you. Cheers..

March 11, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  26. TinaE

Have loved Jon Cryer since Pretty in Pink...what a great guy!

March 11, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Andulamb

I know the bit was done for laughs, but it seems significant to me that for as long as he talked he didn't take even a couple seconds to say "But seriously, I totally support Charlie and wish him nothing but the best as he continues to f-up his life." I get the sense that he's been silent for a reason.

March 11, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  28. David Trollinsky

I knew he was a troll the whole time!

March 11, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Ramon F Herrera

Enjoy your 10 minutes of fame, Jon.

March 11, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Evan

I see both sides. If a motion picture industry pro like Charlie Sheen is treated worse than excrement from a poodle in Beverly Hills, he's going to lash out at everyone surrounding his ordeal. I agree Jon Cryer has class by essentially treating his friend with respect, and I have no doubt Charlie and Jon will end up lifelong friends. I do hope Charlie shoves that lawsuit so far up the a**es of those studio execs that it gives them much deserved tonsillectomies.

March 11, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  31. RevEngineer

IAll I can say is:
    Jon, Take a bow and "Live Long and Prosper". I'll have to repeat what many others have said "Class Act".
    Charlie, Take 5 minutes to yourself, no talking. Think about the progression of things and where they're heading. You're a good man and a good actor, if you really want to be. Don't end up like Anna Nicole Smith.

March 11, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  32. oldbear60

Cyrer's chracter Allan is a pathetic, whinny loser who deserves his lumps, but that just show's what a good actor Cryer is...... you hate his character . Charlie's on the other hand is just Charlie. A no talent yutz who parlayed it into big money. His father has the talent . Good luck Cryer.

March 11, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  33. dmd

Sheen's a moron, could NEVER act worth a d-n, and has zero compassion for people like Cryer who made him a millionare. Way to go Jon, use all the humor you can to smack Sheen in the face.
    ps- I always liked you best in the 'Brat Pack' generation.

March 11, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. jean2009

Jon is the talent...Charlie is just playing himself. How cool to make light of what must be a painful situation. Classy.

March 11, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  35. WallyBalloo

Well played!

March 11, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Yngvi

Now, Charlie Sheen looks even more stupid....if that were ever possible.

March 11, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  37. A. Harris

Bravo to Jon Cryer for taking the high road! What Charlie Sheen doesn't get is that without people like Jon Cryer and the other cast members Two and a Half Men would look like a bad episode of Celebrity Rehab. It takes everyone of those talented cast and crew members to make the show. Charlie seems to have forgotten that the public will soon (and very soon) grow weary of his antics.

March 11, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Shawn

The way he responded and in light of the fact he has tried to contact Sheen, I wouldn't be surprised if he cries himself to sleep thinking about how his co-star and 'friend' is going off the deep end. I know if I have worked with someone for so many years I would be sad to see my 'friend' going over the edge. It saddens me when any friend goes from healthy to unhealthy, (emotionally or physicially). I wonder if Jon made light of this situation while feeling sad to see his 'friend' go into the depths of despair. Jon is awesome and Jon, if any of that is true, I am glad you are staying true to your friendship and not dogging your friend. Sometimes, you gotta take with a grain of salt, the rantings and hurtful things your friend says when they are not in a good place. Maybe you will get an apology in the future, maybe not, but at least you stayed true.

March 11, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  39. DisgruntledGrrl

BWAHAHAHAA. Ah Jon. I remember you being funny before Sheen made that Top Gun comedy. Hope you get some work and hope to see you on the screen again.
    Without your barnacle.

March 11, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  40. captjet

Jon is a creepy looking guy...great character. But Charlie is the man. Go Charlie, you have the the trailer,christian nutjobs, redneck trash by the short hairs

March 11, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  41. gene

Good job Cryer, this was a PR Slam Dunk! Total classy way to handle this.

March 11, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Calimafia

Isn't he married to Charlie Sheen?????????????

March 11, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. CarlaHJ

I think John just made being a Troll Cool. How brilliant; take all the trash publicity on Sheen and use it to boost yourself!! Class Act – yeah, I agree.

March 11, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jen

I actually think he handled being called a troll in a unique and classy way. Instead of taking potshots back at Sheen he turned it into a funny moment and showed off his good sense of humor. Hope he has continued success, without Charlie Sheen. Who needs em?!

March 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Jen

I actually think he handled being called a troll in a unique and classy way. Instead of taking potshots back at Sheen he turned it into a funny moment and showed off his good sense of humor. Hope he has continued success.

March 11, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  46. ron

Why is everyone saying Cryer is a class act? He IS a Troll!

Ron
    President of Trolls of America, Inc.

March 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  47. TRUE

I STILL LIKE 2 1/2 MEN! I STILL LIKE BAD BOY SHEEN! WHAT IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM??????

March 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Brian

Aren't all jews trolls?

March 11, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Kranky Jane

I love you Jon Cryer! You will always be ducky.....

March 11, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  50. mat catastrophe

269 responses and no one mentions the grammatical error in the piece?

Oh. This. Is. CNN.

March 11, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Randy

I think he meant to say Judi Dench, not Hellen Mirren.

March 11, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Jaydee

Maxwell Houser

March 11, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Steve

What to do with show? Try this

I think they should take some stock footage of Charlie sitting on his deck at night. A blinding beam of light hits him and he is replaced by ALF !

Alf is in Charlie's body. The world sees Charlie, but we the viewers see and hear ALF.

Whatcha think?

March 11, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Quintus

He's funny. Looking forward to the new, revamped Two Men...

March 11, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  55. TeamDucky

Trolls: 1
    Warlock: 0

March 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  56. MNLAW

Just because Cryer and Sheen were co-workers doesn't mean that Cryer has to put up with Sheen's public insults. Yet he would've been criticized if he had directly fired back at Sheen and nothing would've been accomplished. This humorous reply to insipid ramblings was a great way to show that while he's not going to sink to Sheen's level, he's also not going to roll over for him.
    Good job, Mr. Cryer!

March 11, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  57. SMac

kudos to John – well played! And for the record, I still love Charlie, but it's getting old to me now...enough is enough.

March 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  58. GonzoG

HILARIOUS! JON!

I've suspected Andy Richter for a while, but never would I have known about Helen Mirren; she hides it SO WELL.

March 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Anon U. Jelly

What an idiot. Fail.

March 11, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  60. C

After Charlie snorts another 7 grams(cuz thats how he rolls I guess) he won't be very happy about Cryer's appearence on Conan.

March 11, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  61. angie

That was awesome. He looks amazing for 45!

March 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Jazzbo

Can Charlie say "Emmy winner"?

March 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  63. bailoutsos

What do you do with lemons?

March 11, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  64. john

Charlie Sheen obviously meant troll in l33tspeak as in someone who is purposefully annoying or distasteful to incite negative reactions from others, and Cryer obviously didnt get it, but his response was still good. Andy Richter is a Troll that much I definitely agree with oh and Charlie Sheen is in maximum Trollerdrive right now!

March 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  65. kite005

He's actually funny here which is something Charlie can't seem to manage.

March 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Jotlot.

Come on Jon! That is reducles! The fact that you gave up Paul Giamatti, Helen Mirren and Andy Richter. What if they were not ready to reveal this secret. Dude!

March 11, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. daninsac

This guy has a GREAT sense of humor and has totally turned the tables on what's his face the lunatic. Personally I think the show is mindless beyond belief after watching it for all of 5 minutes, but his comments regarding being a troll are HILARIOUS!! You go boy!!

March 11, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Nicole Enzer

Well you know what Mr Jon Cryer if Sheen has to have goddess....I will be your goddess but instead of the word goddess I will be your duckie anytime. Sheen has tiger blood we will have are own juice. I guess if some has to do it I will.....

March 11, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  69. KeithG

Thanks to Jon, I feel the courage to come out as a troll as well. Albeit, a middle-aged gay troll. I found my calling in hair design. I one of the many who tangle your matted locks and give you "pillow hair" or "bed head". My hobbies are un-knitting socks, and computer programming. Once I came out of the closet, I thought, "wow, there's a whole life to live under here!" And now that I've come out from under the bridge, thank you Jon, I'm thinking, "wow, there's a lot of traffic!"

March 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  70. nate

Check out the St. Vitus song "Troll". clearly, troglodytes have moral fiber.

March 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Roseann

I am a troll too.............hahahaha
    we need shirts made of trolllville...........hahaha

March 11, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  72. MissRanda

I love love love Jon Cryer..What a Class Act!! I loved him in the 80's as Duckie and I love him now! He didn't stoop to that level that of Idiocy that Charlie is living on. and did it with Charm, humor and grace! I am truly impressed!

March 11, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Starring Kam Fong as Chin Ho

John WetsHisPants is a classless idiot. Sheen could and should pay a personal visit and administer deserved pounding. The sooner the better.

March 11, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Jimbo

This guy Jon is a dork and not funny, he will be good in Hollywood doing what he does best being a 2nd rate actor who will never be that famous. He will always be that guy who you kinda recognize but don't really care about. As far a Charlie Sheen goes, he is funnier without a script than Jon will ever be and will always be a famous actor in demand. The fact is people love Charlie Sheen and his antics, I'm one of them....although I don't support wife beating, but anyways Charlie Sheen's career is not over. Do you all think he has just recently started being a crazy man? He has been like this since the 80s, that's why he is famous. Don't listen to these haters Charlie, I want a Hot Shots Part 3!

March 11, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yes sir rebob

Very true. The guy is just an annoying winer and would be nothing if he didn't have the chance to play Charlie's second fiddle. This was Charlie's pie, of course a lot of people wanted a slice of it.

March 11, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • TK

I D I O T !!!!

March 11, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  75. mary

Lots of people are forgetting the others that Charlie Sheen is hurting..Each and every person that has put so much into this show and their careers...
    Charlie is acting like a spoiled brat, a prima donna..
    If acting is a craft and each of these people have worked hard to achieve this position, this very funny work of art..Then guess who is kicking it apart?
    Poor "misunderstood" Charlie...~! :(
    This show would be great without him... These other people can hold their own and keep this show going..Angus Jones is the "star'.. Might not have started out that way..But it came to be that way..

March 11, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Quite contrary

Waaah. The show has been on for only 1 year less than Seinfeld was on the air. It was done. And without Charlie there was no show. Truth hurts, no?

March 11, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  76. semper Fi

Class act for Trolls everywhere. Maybe trolls can finally get married.

March 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  77. joe

A true troll does exactly what cry baby cryer did. Pathetic!!!

March 11, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Erich555

Cryer was the funniest part of that show.

March 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimbo

BS, Cryer wouldn't be funny with all the help in world from the best comedians...he is just a dork who dorks like becuase he is nice.

March 11, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erich555

Breath Jimbo, Breath. Everything's gona' be OK.

March 11, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  79. american me

Now that was a funny bit.

March 11, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Jon

I'm continually surprised by the people who continue to think that this show can continue without Sheen. Whether you think Sheen was any good or not, or whether you are or are not sicken by his off air activities, he was an important part of the machine. Take away his role, and what you have left is a moronic ex-husband with no guts, a idiot kid with all of the pizazz of a pimple, a stalker with no one to stalk, and a housekeeper who even want to clean up after the ex-husband nor the idiot kid. Quite frankly, I think the show should have called it quits two years ago. Once Jake got to hight school, his appeal dropped to zero.

If anyone is familiar with the BBC version of Coupling, remember what happened when Jeff left. The show was horrible and cancelled after one post-Jeff season. While I'm not trying to compare the actor who played Jeff to Sheen, I just don't see Two and a Half Men continuing in any form without him.

March 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Josephine

very classy of him!!

March 11, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  82. E in Cali

If they replace Charlie then they should rename the show "Two Men".

March 11, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Paul NYC

And in that brief moment, Cryer shows the difference between actually being funny and only thinking you're funny. Jon Cryer has a natural wit that transcends anything written in a script - it's obvious when you see him perform. Hollywood has not deemed him a leading man but he is one heck of a character actor. If they ever remake The Odd Couple, he'd be perfect as Felix Unger. He'd be perfect in anything that would at one time have starred Gene WIlder.

March 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Mark 1

How to catch a real troll........
    they post things under different names
    but vomit the same garbage over and over
    to get a rise out of people.
    !) Dont feed the troll
    2) report him so the moderator will block him.

Thank You.

March 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Karen

Trolls Rock! Classy taking the high road. Even broaching the bullying subject that trolls have been silent about. Conan didn't come – out so I'm guessing he's an elf ... with all that elfin magic going on!

I DO hope the show continues WITHOUT Charlie as there is still so much they can do with the remaining characters ... as well as opening up possibilities for others to join. Rename it if you must – – but there are lots of fans who want to Jake graduate, get a girlfriend, teach his dad a few things and continue to surprise us.

Best wishes for Charlie. if the media can ignore him for awhile and focus on what's really important – maybe he will have time for reflection – – and maybe get rid of the leaches.

March 11, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Bellalagoo

Jon Cryer is too funny! As for Chuck, well he is an overpaid junkie and probably the most entertaining trainwreck for many to watch these days. Truly pathetic.....a wealthy addict with an audience. "winning!".....ok tigerblood.

March 11, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Emily

Jon is a good actor and a nice guy.
    I'm a Troll & proud of it :)

March 11, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Cordelia

Jon is hilarious! I love his humor and class. "Two and a Half Men" can still go on with Jon, Angus and Ryan. There is a lot of talent there and it would be fun to see what the writers could come up with using their characters. Best wishes to the entire staff of "Two and a Half Men."

March 11, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Karen

Best wishes for Charlie. if the media can ignore him for awhile and focus on what's really important – maybe he will have time for reflection.

March 11, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Valerie

Class act all the way!!!

"To all the other trolls still 'living under the bridge,' "......LOL!!!!

March 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  91. kayaker247

as I was clicking on the link I was thinking, "please take the high road". Which, obviously he did. This situation is better left behind for all involved. Hopefully everyone can get back to work or move on to a better place.

March 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Zortung

Good for Jon having a sense of humor. Funny or Die has a Martian response to the Charlie Sheen's rants on Rock Stars from Mars. http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/eac5544183/rock-stars-from-mars

March 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  93. DLinIndy

I've thus far been spared the sight of Sheen's rants. I feel for his parents and family during this public mental breakdown. Jon Cryer is, as always, a gentleman. DUCKY RULES!

March 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Mick Van Wes

Thing is the show is built around Charlie Sheen. His involvement brought the show attention. His personal life brought him and the show more publicity over the years.

His line delivery is perfect for the character Charlie he plays. Makes my wife and I laugh.
    Essentially Charlie is the catalyst that has made Jon Cryer and others on the show a lot of money. Would Jon be this well known if not for Charlie's coat tails, which to a certain degree everyone rode? I think Jon's current bank account should have been reason enough for Jon to provide some form of public support or good words towards Charlie when things began to go bad. Possibly this mess could all have been averted if some from the show supported Charlie early on. I think Charlie needed support in public. I think this is one aspect in which Jon has been uncool and Charlie is right on that account. Even now Jon sidesteps. Probably aggravates Charlie more too. Charlie needs some help, yes. So support the dude who made you rich and famous.

Jon is great in his role on 2.5 men. He is however not main guy material. He won't carry a show. Charlie is main guy material.

Show will fail without Charlie. Not immediately as curiousity will come first, then reality of how important Charlie's character is will and how it's missed will doom the show.

March 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Mick

Whoa, Mick, you have put waaayyyy too much thought into this. You need to step away from the computer/TV and go get laid. You need a life.

March 11, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Susie

How about a show about trolls with Jon and the other folks he outed? I'd watch that.

March 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Marto

All of you are sooooo busy bening enamored with Jon Cryer that you forget whom the real victims are here.
    Trolls. Let's not forget Jon's message. Have you hugged a Troll today?
    ...and I don't mean me. I'm Bi-Troll.

March 11, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  97. gloria

John Cryer is the only reason I watched that show. He is a wonderful comedian; very, very funny.
    Charlie ... not so much.

March 11, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  98. SteppyToe

lol...Way to go Jon....take the High Road; you're a class act.

March 11, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  99. MATT

I do believe Mr. Cryer has just become my hero.

March 11, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Jack

All that surgery – and he never thought to remove that pencil from his a**...

March 11, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  101. ProperVillain

nice to see someone on the show with some class.

March 11, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Steve

that's actually really funny. i didn't think this guy was much of a comedian, but that was pretty solid.

March 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Michelle

Way to take the high road, Duckie! You're a class act!

March 11, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Moonbeam

I saw the wonderful routine Jon Cryer did. I did not realize he was so good at stand-up comedy. I don't know if Charlie Sheen could have delivered such a great routine. Jon really has such talent and comic timing - good job! He drives much of the show and Charlie's character responds to it. Jon carries more of it than he is given credit for.

March 11, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  105. RRR

I have suspected this all along. :)

March 11, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Jim

Funny, but not what a troll is in the sense Sheen was stating. People here on CNN know exactly what a troll is. He is someone paid to push an agenda and parrot for a particular group, and Hollywood is crawling with these people.

March 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Brook

Don't worry Jon, all the cool people are Trolls.

March 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  108. JonPeter, Hartford, CT

Can we have one last double length episode to end the show. The storyline would center around Charlie Harper's (Sheen) funeral, having passed away suddenly from a sudden accident. A significan't number of present and past characters could attend the funeral, and give eulogies about how wacky a character Harper was.

End the show and send Sheen off on a high note. It is so far out ofn his reality, he wouldn't know how to respond.

March 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Cindy V

Excellent! Rise Above!!!

March 11, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Booger Woman

Cryer is cute. I wanna pick his delicious salty boogers and eat everyone I can dig out.

March 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  111. bscheller

Jon Cryer = "WINNING!"

March 11, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  112. John Cryer loves Channing Tatum

Cryer has a gay haircut and probably like men to trim his rump hair.

March 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Deepseadiver

I really do hope that Cryer is the class act that everyone is making him out to be. But come on everyone! He is not reacting here. He has had plenty of time to think of a statement and I'm sure he has been coached by his manager and publicist. I'm sure they all sat down and created this response together so as to get the exact response from the public as you are all giving here....this is show business. Anyway, I really do hope he is a classy guy, but he's just a person...not the GREAT man you are all making him out to be.

March 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Missing you in Spring

Before thus interview he was on Conan and kind of through c under the bus but in a sweet funny way and c doesn't give a flip anyway cause he's a warlock and all...hey deep sea diver bet you can go down on a girl like nobody's business..let's get married.

March 11, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  114. jmarklane

Who's Charlie Sheen?

March 11, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Leslie

Mr. Cryer is a Class Act!!

March 11, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  116. You gotta be crazy, gotta have a real need...

I cant wait for sheen to return to the show and have mr crappy pants cryer terminated.

March 11, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  117. PH

Cryer gets his own show...stay tuned.

March 11, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Lanfear

Well I don't know much about Jon Cryer but he gave the perfect response! Good for him. And I'm guessing that he forgives Charlie. Probably had to deal with his crap all the time.

March 11, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  119. vic

love ya jon been a huge fan since hiding out hope u convince the money to invest in the talent and forget the hype he will sadly die of a horrible illness or an overdose b for this over and everyone will boo hoo and cry foul but u reap what u sow

March 11, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  120. lina210

The show will fail without Charlie. You cant replace someone that was doing a reality show, which was exactly what Charlie Sheen was doing only censored for TV.

March 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  121. canadian fan

i am not a jon cryer fan he is not a class act he didn't step up for his cohort no matter which way you paint it.

March 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Paul

Any one who lives in the lower peninsula of Michigan is a troll, because they live under the Mackinaw bridge.

March 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Racer X in the Pacer X

Cryer is behaving like a big shythole after all Sheen has done for him. Im glad Sheen told em all to go to hell.

March 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  124. JZPunchline

Warner Bros. should so darrinstephens Charlie Sheen!

darrinstephens (v): to replace an actor with a different actor as the same character in a successful sitcom without any story explanation.
    ex. “Do you remember when they darrinstephensed that guy from Two-and-a-Half Men and nobody noticed?”
    For more info; Google: Bewitched

March 11, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  125. UrbanMan

Bring in Rob Lowe as the long lost cousin, or the illegitimate child no one know one knew about until now, and the show will go on. Its not really that hard to play an aging lounge lizard (troll?). I need my cheezy 2.5 men!

March 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Monty Gaither

I have enjoyed the show for years. Not all the episodes were that great but most were funny at one level or another. I am not certain that the show can go on without Charlie, but I also do not think that it could go on without Jon. They both actually made the show, with help from the rest of the cast and the guess stars. I saw, for the first time, the episode with Martin Sheen. His character was a stupid one, but he played it with all of his abilities. He actually made it look like he was just the opposite of Charlie, with a lot of the characteristics of the Rose character. I also enjoyed the episode with Charlies brother Emilio.

The years of abuse Charlie has put his body through, have made it harder to see any family resemblance between the brothers.

While I doubt that Charlie will actually get the help he needs, I still hope that he does.

March 11, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  127. mukazzi

ROFL while standing up and applauding Jon Cryer! No,,,CBS should not get anyone to replace Sheen on the show because his character's absence will take away from the comedic talents of his costars. Consider the name of the show..and that "Jake" is well in his teens. People weren't fooled by the change of Darin actors on "Bewitched"; a mid-season deletion of Charlie Sheen's character won't work, either.

What Jon has done was to show his young co-star how to respond with respectul civility and humor. Bravo, Jon Cryer, for being the better role model.

March 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  128. U missed the ponit

Were it not for Sheen this Crybaby fellow would still be giving BJs in the back of the maleStrip bar. Crybaby is riding Sheens coat-tails.

March 11, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Cryer wets his diaper

Sheen should take Cryer out behind the dumpster and kick the living hell out of him.

March 11, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  130. John Crybaby

Crybaby better shut his mouth or Mr Sheen may well shut it for him.

March 11, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Chris

Give this guy Regis Philbins job when he retires.

March 11, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  132. mad hater

I think Jon is a dork, not funny either.

March 11, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  133. chickadee

Sheen is funny but because Two and a Half Men has been based on his lifestyle. Unfortunately, his lifestyle has gone beyond funny. Its now concerning to anyone who cares about others. I still feel Sheen is funny only based on the reactions of his co-stars.

March 11, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  134. BETTY BOOP

It'd be a shame if "Two and a Half Men" continued without Charlie, as he reportedly has the MJF clause in his contract, meaning he'd continue to be paid despite no longer being part of the show. Hopefully, Warner will give Jon Cryer his own spin off or new show, (and use the Two and a Half Men crew), as Jon was always the true talent on that show.

March 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Elaine

Oops, misspelled Jon's name. I meant Bravo, Jon!!!!!!

March 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Sun Stevens

Props to Cryer for taking the classy...and entertaining path on this issue.

March 11, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Elaine

Bravo, John

March 11, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  138. ART

You must have tiger blood to be able to see a troll in its true hideous form, and now thanks to Charlie we can take appropriate action against these monsters.

March 11, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  139. johnsuxz

this guy has been riding Charlie Sheen's coat-tails for to long.

March 11, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Mark

No matter which side Jon would go or show, he'd be in a losing situation and open to a lawsuit. This way he came out on top with a good laugh and probably saved his future.

March 11, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  141. GeorgeA

Umm.. I don't think Sheen was referring to the fairy-tail meaning to troll.. More like the slang version of a person who is 'ugly, tasteless and undesirable.'

March 11, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ummmm....

You described a fairlytale troll perfectly...catch a clue Georgie

March 11, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  142. stu

I have to agree with everyone that Cryer has handled all this very well in front of the media and Charlie is certainly a guy who needs some help and a PR makeover at the very least. But you have to face the facts. Sheen has been hilarious on that show. With anyone else in the role, the show would not have had the longevity that it has had. Certainly credit the writers for providing material that Sheen can work with. But he just has the internal instinct to effortlessly make everyone believe he is that incredible jerk that he is in the show...because he is that kind of person. It is just so entertaining to watch him go around being himself. I wonder how much input he has into the lines of his character. If he has no input, then someone has him pegged to the point no one knows better. Just imagine how it must be for a complete @$$ to go to work and be himself all day. But I never stop laughing AT him.

March 11, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  143. The new playmate has broken his chains and escaped

Cryers response was dumb and immature. Without Sheen he is reduced to his former nothing self and is useless.

March 11, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Charlie, is that you?

March 11, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Right

What, and Charlie is witty and sophisticated?? Aren't you late for gym or something? Head to the locker room where the humor appeals to you.

March 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  144. memphisreader

Classy guy! You are so talented.

March 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Janet

How funny! This was definitely the best way to respond to rude comments - turn it back around and make it a terrific joke. Impressive.

March 11, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Chaz Bono

This Cryer fellow is cute. I guess if he and I were to date then we would be considered a gay couple.

March 11, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  147. JerseyDude

This ladies and gentlemen is the true definition of a "mensch!"....well played Jon!...well played!

March 11, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  148. N. Stringer

Simple, perfect solution for the show. Kill off (or have him move to New York) Charlie Harper, Alan Harper (and Jake on weekends) then is forced to move in with his mother... FUNNY.

March 11, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  149. StealyDan1

Cryer's response was perfect...on so many levels.

March 11, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  150. BarakaFlackaFlame

John Cryer's alright. Hopefully his career wont be unfairly affected by Charlie Sheen's antics.

March 11, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Ben

Never cared for the show, don't think either of them are funny, but this response is fantastic. The real trolls are the sheep that will watch whatever drivel Sheen puts out now, (ie – 'reality show'), and make him fabulously rich again.

March 11, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  152. chickadee

I'm not missing the point, you are. There is nothing funny about a man who spends his time drunk and screwing women. The humor comes from the co-stars and their reactions to his life style. They're the ones who make this show so funny, not Charlie's lifestylew. On the show, Charlie's lifestyle is sad although we do get laughter from some of his misguided thinking . . . the real humor comes from his co-stars.

March 11, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Margroks

Cryer is pretty classy to handle it this way. Bravo to him and other cast members who have no doubt had to put up with Charlie's nonsense for a long time.

March 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Sagebrush Shorty.

Can you troll for Trolls?

March 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Anonymous

Good job, John. Sheen and Cryer are both /b/ tards.
    Trolling is a art.

March 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  156. WOBH

Kuddos to Cryer and his publicist

March 11, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Jared

You gotta pay the troll toll...

March 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  158. E

god I hate the saying "class act"

March 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Lisa

I'd love to see a SNL skit where all the Trolls come out and kick Charlie Sheen's Warlock butt.

March 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Bob Licence

I honestly think he was the star of the show and truly enjoyed his scenes. He is a very funny and entertaining actor and brought much laughter. He should have his own show and doesn't need Sheen to be part of it.

March 11, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  161. chickadee

It's always been one and a half men . . . Cryer, Jones and Taylor are the funny ones. Like I said, its an ensemble cast where everyone pulls their weight. Charlie's funny, but he's funny because his cast mates are so good at what they do!

March 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  162. topher

"get's"??

March 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Tom

"Do I O-Fend?"

March 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  164. BLJ

Good for Cryer. By distancing himself with his entertaining and classy comments, he's reminded us why folks tuned into their show in the first place. And perhaps we've been playing right into the hands of Charlie by delivering him all of the attention. There's true talent in Cryer, and if there is justice, he will be the one WINNING in the end.

March 11, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  165. memphispiano

I have never been a big fan of Jon Cryer...but I will tell that I am now. What a class act! There are very few people in Hollywood that could deal with this situation with such dignity and humor. The shame, though, is that Charlie Sheen is a raving lunatic and will probably end up with the bazillion dollar HBO contract while the real star in this will end up with far less. There is something wrong with this country.

March 11, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  166. classitup10

Is there a guiness book contest going on? I have seen 'class act' listed in 90% of the posts? Who the hell says that anymore? Well I say he's the bee's knees, the cats meow, the 23 skidoo....

March 11, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • anona muss

Well, who doesn't want to be considered a class act?

I like to say "butters my bread"
      "chimes my bells"
      "floats my boat"

March 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Rick McDaniel

Way to handle the situation, Jon. Says a lot about the kind of person, you really are.

March 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Jenny Rome Ga

I really hope he gets his own show out of this mess. The guy is classy and funny.

March 11, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • WAKE UP PEOPLE

He's got my vote! And I hope he is as talented a writer as he is an actor (and person).

March 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  169. TroyAxman

Jon Cryer, I salute you, you are indeed a scholar and a class act. All the real acting on Two and a Half Men is done by Cryer – all Charlie does is, well, act like himself. Jon's character has to display a lot more range than Charlie's character, which is really one-dimensional at best. Kudos!

March 11, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Kero

John Cryer is a class act. It was funny without belittling. There couldn't have been a better response.

March 11, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  171. WAKE UP PEOPLE

Jon Cryer is a professional with quick wit, a great sense of humor, and humility for his fellow (cough) actors. Sheen is clearly left of center, and needs to COMMIT to professional psychiatric help. Anyone that sees him on the streets give him Dr Drews contact info. Hopefully, his next ACT will be on Celebrity Rehab, a ten week series featuring Charlie and his nine lives!

March 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Jeff

Actually, he is a Duckie!

March 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  173. photo dude

Jon is far more talented then Charlie Sheen...

March 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Acer

I love Jon.... He handed it to Charlie...

March 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  175. chickadee

I agree. Jon Cryer is a class act. Two and a Half Men is an ensemble cast that would be so much less without Cryer, Angus T. Jones and Holland Taylor! I love those characters, and they're the ones that really make me laugh. I'm sick of hearing about Sheen's comedic genius. He good because his cast mates are good!

March 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Alex

that was actually kinda funny. cryer is a beast

March 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Adoring Jon

What a wonderful compassionate human being...wanna be him when I grow up!!

March 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  178. t1pp

I think he's admirable for the way he handled it, but did he really have to out the other trolls? Have they responded?

March 11, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Robert

Honestly, how else could he respond? If he slams Sheen in public it is a no win situation for him. In six months or a year Sheen's drug use etc will be his "excuse" for his actions. Cryer would have no "excuse".

March 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  180. judisunshine

I had the privilege to work as an extra on Cryer's movie Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God... Be Back by Five" years ago, and though he wasn't in the scene, he was in the building, and saw to it that everyone, including the extras, were treated with the utmost respect and that everyone had a great time. The set had a joy and energy that I'd never seen before, and still haven't. It's awesome to see him taking a bad situation and turning it into something funny and lighthearted. I hope all this nonsense and upheaval only leads to better things for Jon Cryer, one of Hollywood's true class acts.

March 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • WAKE UP PEOPLE

Wow, wish I had a story like yours. Jon truly is the consumate professional, and he WILL find alot more work; better, good work will find him!

March 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Ed

Heh! Comedy gold...Jon Cryer's stock has risen in my portfolio.

March 11, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  182. sue

I have now fallen in love with trolls! Jon Cryer is a class ACT MAN. Bye Bye Charlie, this is proof you a re no longer needed, wanted or CARED About.

March 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  183. mollyringwald

Yay Ducky!

March 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Jon Cryer fan

He could have lowered himself to Charlie's level, but he didn't, he is a class act indeed!!!

March 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  185. JohnRJ08

Until I read this article, I never really cared for Jon Cyer. Thought he was dreadful as far back as Superman IV. But this article reveals smart, high-road thinking. In one funny bit, Cryer effectively drained all the hot air out Charlie Sheen and showed exactly who the funny people are on that series. Of course, deep down inside, I'm sure that Cryer knows he will never work with Sheen again. There has to be trust between actors, and Sheen devoured all of that long ago.

March 11, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Cheryl

I love this man! He's sane and doesn't take himself too seriously. Charlie Sheen could learn a thing or two from him. GO, JOHN!!!!

March 11, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Jennifer

OMG!!! That was brilliant! What a good laugh to have after all of this nonsense we have been subjected to lately! I applaud Mr. Cryer for the humor of it! ! TOO FUNNY!!!!

March 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Janice

The two choices are Charlie Sheen Lacky or Troll. Okay, I must be a Troll too.

March 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Dan

Cryer is smart enough and decent enough to know not to fire back at someone with serious mental health issues.

March 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  190. MeInBham

Two and a half men would be better without Mr. Sheen. Jon, Angus and Conchata are really spot on with the comedy. I'm tired of the "Charley" character anyway, he's just not needed for the show to continue.

March 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Anna

I actually like him the best of all the stars on the show. Hope the show goes on without Charlie. Thanks Jon for the wonderful Job! Loved watching him since I first saw him in Hiding Out. To me, Jon is the real star of the show.

March 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • JEG

So glad I'm not the only one that fell for Jon when I saw "Hiding Out". Maxwell Houser was a fabulous character...long live the cute movies of the '80s

March 11, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  192. JOHN

CRYER=CLASSY
    SHEEN=TRASHY

March 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  193. NYCMovieFan

disregard everything I said. I am an idiot. I don't know things.

March 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Jeff

Always new who had the true talent of comedy on this show! You are the best Jon Cryer......To CBS and Warners, I am not interested in the Charlie Harper character being renewed. Please use a funny episode of him dying and have Jake inheriting his estate and at the same time fathering a child with the girl next door! Now that would be funny and room to grow, not like the constant show written around Charlie Harpers dating and bagging chicks.

March 11, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Another Jeff

I like your idea, basically Jake becomes the next generation Charlie. Have Jake inherit everything but on the condition that he takes care of his dad (Cryer).

March 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

@"Jeff" and "anotherjeff": I would have to third that motion...that would really work since if you explore Lorre's reasoning for the way he built the show. He's basically said in interviews and articles I've read stated that he built the show around Charlie Sheen (his real life) and how being at least partially responsible for raising a child would affect him. That would be a great way to pass the torch by letting Jake inherit the kingdom....but I think they would need to spin it off versus continuing on under the same "brand" for lack of a better word.

March 11, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  195. CNNObserver

Good roles are hard to come by for any actor in Hollywood and one doesn't always know who you're going to be working with. Since others have been through what Sheen is going through, and have had successful come backs, the likelyhood is that Sheen will go on doing other roles after he cleans up his own act. With this thought in mind, I believe John Cryer made the wise choice for he and the other staff members of Two and a Half Men may find themselves working with Sheen again on some other future project.

March 11, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Lily

Always loved Jon . . . . . he is indeed a class act. Those of you that didn't get the joke. . . . . I feel sorry for you.

March 11, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  197. DrMabuse

Cryer and Sheen: A tale of two mental states. As someone else stated, Cryer is a class act.

March 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Impressed

I have to say, I've never been a big fan of Two and a Half Men, Charlie Sheen or Jon Cryer. I think that Jon Cryer has just earned my complete and total respect. I may have to become a fan based soley on this statement.

There was absolutely no better way he could have handled Sheen's comments or the upsetting events that have been surrounding his show lately. I like that he can take this with a large dose of humor. I certainly hope they are able to replace Sheen with a decent human being and move on with the show. If not, I hope Cryer is able to get new work very soon. I might actually watch.

March 11, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

You have to figure he knows Charlie pretty well and has put up with his antics a long time. Finally Jon gets to say his piece.

March 11, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony

I liked the statement he made a couple of months ago about how if he wants to know if he has to go in to work, he just goes to TMZ's website to see if Charlie made the news with his actions.

March 11, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  199. NJPat

Me thinks he protests too much. Replace the word "troll" with "gay. Is that the real truth?

March 11, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Futon Torpedo

I think you protest too much Pat. Wait are you that ambiguitous Pat from SNL??? Move along troll.

March 11, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • MLS

What difference does it make Gay , troll, still a class act!

March 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  200. WCH

Jon will always be my ducky.. thanks for making us laugh & I agree – continue the show without the other dude & see how it goes?

March 11, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gail Snail

I have always loved Jon Cryer. I agree with the other posters on this topic. Jon Cryer is, indeed, a class act.

March 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  201. DD

I'm laughing hysterically at everyone eating this up. Cryer wants off that show just as much. Sheen did him a favor. This whole thing stinks of setup.

March 11, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC

What do you know that the rest of the world doesn't? You're a poser.

March 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • JimBob

Yup, the show has outlived its "usefulness", time to close up shop. Too bad people don't understand Charlie's sense of humor as well. He is laughing all the way to the bank. He already has more money than a person could spend in a lifetime and the residuals could be like 100 million dollars. He is set for life! But ya, you'all just keep feeling sorry for poor ol' Charlie.

March 11, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  202. CLM

Fabulous response!!! Well done, Jon!!!

March 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  203. Berta

NYCMovieFan is a troll. Jon Cryer is awesome. I look forward to the new season of Two and a Half Men and whomever WB chooses as the replacement for Charlie Sheen's character.

March 11, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Joe in Colorado

Jon is a cool dude.

March 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Troy

John,

You are the real man of that show, and you just proved it here. My hat is off to you sir, for taking the high road. I am sorry that you are burdened with Mr. Sheen and his drug induced antics.

March 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Jenny-Jen

Jon Cryer is a great guy! Instead of getting mired down in the mess that Mr. Sheen has created, he chose laughter and a light-hearted approach. I read that he had called Mr. Sheen several times to talk to him and I'm sure he's offered to help before this whole crash occurred. In all honesty, Mr. Sheen's mess is HIS mess and nobody; not Jon Cryer, not CBS, not his family can help him. He has to want to help himself. I hope Mr. Sheen stops blaming everybody else for his problems and gets himself the help he needs. Jon Cryer – you have yourself a new fan in Michigan!

March 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Michael

Hopefully his career will carry on in the wake of the worst show on TV.

March 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Irina

Jon Cryer is truly a classy guy and the reason I've been a loyal "Two and a Half Men" viewer. He MAKES the show with his spot-on expressions and delivery. I've loved him since the "Pretty in Pink" days!

March 11, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Al

I agree. Jon Cryer makes the show. Just replace Charlie's character and nobody will miss him. It will still be a great show.

March 11, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Thank you! Someone else remeber Jon from Pretty in Pink!

I am only an occasional watcher, but I echoed everyone's opinion, he is the funny one on the show. Hope he will move on to better things. TMZ threw out an idea the other day that may be John Stamos can take over from CS, and I would be fine with that too. I see a major crash coming for CS, not that I would wish it on anyone, but it looks inevitable.

March 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beth

P in P is on MTV tonight, 8 o'clock central...I'm watching! Love Jon's character on 2-1/2...as long as he's there, I'll continue watching no matter who replaces Sheen's!

March 11, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  209. lolarites

Paul Giamatti I get, Helen Mirren, I think not.

March 11, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • dingbat

Just goes to show what quality plastic surgery can do for a person.

March 11, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Shane Botwin

Thanks to Cryer's classy actions, I am now, officially, coming out from under the bridge.

March 11, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Dean

I can't tell if Celia thinks too much of herself or too little. She says "nobody" noticed–helloooo nobody.

March 11, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Celia

Well it looks like Charlie isn't the only classless act around here – way to go, Celia! Beyatch.

March 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Celia2

Shane Botwin is a character on weeds... hence the reference to selling pot with his Mom and pity no one noticed the user name... Wake up peeps!

March 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Celia2

"You'd still be an ugly troll, go back to helping your mom sell weed. (pity nobody picked up on your username!)"

DUH... its a reference to a Weeds character.... so glad you caught up!!

March 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  211. David

... always liked Jon Cryer... a class act (and actor)... and pretty damn funny.

March 11, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  212. Melba

Hats off to Jon.
    What a class act!

March 11, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  213. T

Kudos to Jon Cryer and his sense of humor. He can definitely carry on "Two and Half Men" if it continues on for next year. Liked the phone answering bit, very funny.

March 11, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  214. Bill

Jon Cryer is so much better than Charlie Sheen is sooooooo many ways. I watched the show for the first time this week to see what all the fuss was about. Jon Cryer is the funny one. The REAL funny ones are the writers! Way to go Jon!

March 11, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  215. KellyG

I'm glad Jon didn't sink to Charlie's level. Jon Cryer is awesome!

March 11, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  216. sharon k

Jon has taken this ordeal with grace and dignity. Even making light of answering phones on Ellen because he needed a job.

March 11, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  217. KJ

I love Jon Cryer's response! He is truly a class act! So he's not Duckie after all, he's a troll. = )

March 11, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Wzrd1

Well, perhaps that troll can be good enough to pass over some goat meat. I'm hungry. ;)

March 11, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  218. DDKBlondie

YEAH Jon, You are awesome and what a sence of humor With all the BS spewed by Sheen at everyone in his life, you man up and take it with a grain of salt and we all get it. Love you Dude. I say KILL OFF Charlie, let the rest of the cast carry on, making fun of his dead ass all the way!!!!! (to the bank.....)

March 11, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • WilmaWonka

That's not a bad idea. Charlie could have left all his money to Berta with the condition that she has to continue to support the brother. Could be funny 'cause Berta would be gone travelling and it would just be Cryer, the mom and Angus and the rest of the cast.

March 11, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dean

WilmaWonka's idea is fantastic–gets rid of the deadwood, and makes Berta the star, which she should be!

March 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gailinflorida

I like this...a lot....now that Angus' character is older, rename the show – 2 men and more than half a lady!!! (spoken as a "big girl" myself)

March 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2menrework

Opening....... Chariles funeral – He found out Rose set him up with the Manny Quinn and he was done. She killed him off since if she could not have him – no one could. At funeral Cousin "Cassie" arrives (played by Chelsea Handler) and she becomes the other player. Berta gets bigger lines (she is a kick) and the show goes on............ Sorry charlie, was good while you were sane.

March 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • miss.information

That is an awesome idea. I was thinking maybe they'd have sheens character sell the house while the other 1.5 men were asleep. Open the episode with someone else sitting in charlie's bathrobe, drinking coffee out of his mug. It'd be hilarious and in keeping with the general behavior we've come to expect. Plus even _I_ can think of at least a half dozen ways to introduce the boy and the brother as permanent additions. Berta, of course, would have come with the house. ;-)

March 11, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • zanyrainey

I think the show should put Charlie in rehab and have that be an ongoing joke throughout the rest of the show's life.

Orrrrr, they can keep the Charlie character, have him survive a bad car accident, undergo plastic surgery, and when the bandages come off Sheen has been replaced by his brother, Emilio.

March 11, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • David in Seattle

Love the idea of Emilio taking Charlies place.. wait, he died on the show. Oh well, guess I can live with John Stamos as long as Berna is around... Charlie was funny, but not in an irreplacable way. One of my favorite shows on TV.

March 11, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scotsman

I propose that Charlie move to England to be with Rose and let Allen, and Jake move in with Mom. Let Berta work there.

March 11, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Carly

This guy is a class act. Given what he must deal with on the set, he could have really slammed Charlie Sheen. Instead, he was a true professional and showed a sense of humor instead of being bitter and mean.

March 11, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd

Agree 100%. He took the high road, something Sheen knows nothing about.

March 11, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Calaban007

What are you talking about Todd? Charlie knows all about the "high" road apparently. He's just not very good at avoiding the ditches.

March 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I agree! I this was a very gracious and entertaining comeback to Charlie's rant. I'm thoroughly impressed!

March 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba713

Without Charlie he would still be Ducky! Didn't Charlie state he would pay their salaries while CBS made up their mind ?

March 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pat in Madison, WI

What a guy! If I didn't watch the show too often before, I will now. Please CBS, don't lose this talent! Put the show back on minus the whinny PITA. You can give Sheen's money to Cryer. I would feel sorry for Sheen, but he pretty much has the market cornered on that. All that being said, I hope that Sheen gets some help for his family's sake. His career is toast and I really question his sanity right now.

March 11, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dubbya

Sheen really did him a huge favor. He got out of his contract. Probably got some money and is highly employable. He will show up on the next hot show next season with no regrets.

March 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Right on. I love that show. What Sheen doesn't get is that was an ensemble show and can and should go on without him.

March 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

That is by far the stupidest show I've ever seen. I can't even believe people watch it.

March 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roscoe Chait

I love this guy. I'll watch anything Jon Cryer's in–very classy. And funny. Charlie has shot himself in the foot.

March 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chitown Jason

Very true. I'm one that still thinks that Charlie Sheen is hilarious through all of this (as opposed to offensive/insane/whatever), and in the show I never like Jon's character either, but this was really funny. Excellent reaction.

March 11, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • BryM

I agree....Jon Cryer showed a lot of class by not sinking to Charlie Sheen's level.

March 11, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scheer

Long live ducky :> Also, I heard he actually did try contacting CS.

March 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Margaret

Agree with Carly and many others. Very classy Guy to not bash Charlie Sheen. Jon Cryer probably knows just how ill Charlie Sheen is after working with him for so long and watching him deteriorate.

March 11, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kriss21

I never really liked the show and honestly if it weren't for the show Charlie would have much of a career. Anyway, I always thought Cyer was a cool guy and I like the fact that he's not really jumping into the Charlie mess. Very good response Cryer cause I would have spilled everything about that butt head Sheen.

March 11, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lean6

Well-played by Cryer. Perhaps Sheen should hire Cryer's publicist and then actually listen to him/her as well. That is of course after he stops smoking crack.

March 11, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Jon Cryer is one class act. Way to take the high road Mr. Cryer, and not resort to calling out Sheen and all of his problems. You took what could have been a Sheen slam session, and chose, instead to be the better man, and take a positive spin. I hope Sheen reads this article or saw Conan's show. I also hope he gets some serious psychiatric and addiction help. I think he has lost himself in his mind.

March 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • CG

Soooo True!! Carly well said. Hollywood can learn a very valuable lesson from Jon Cryer. He is a professional and certainly a class act. I love him!

March 11, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jon

I always thought this guy was a lot funnier than Sheen was on the show. Good for him. Hope he has a good career after this.

March 11, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patty

There is class and classless. Jon Cryer has class. I have to agree with Carly. When people are "ill" it affects everyone in their lives. I really hope he gets some help.

March 11, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • greymare

Well said. I didn't see Jon on Conan's show, but I can just hear him saying these things.
      I always like him, ever since his role as Ducky.

March 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • miss.information

Agreed. Perfectly executed. 10 out of 10, Mr. Cryer.

March 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • KCHairstylist

I totally agree. Kudos to Jon for having an amazing sense of humor! Shame on you Charlie!

March 11, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • ed

I agree 100%. This guy is class and definately anchors the show. I always liked him . I wish him all the best.

March 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • yawwwn

cryer, you arent funny, and neither was the response – pretty dull in fact.

there was a reason for Sheen, he's funny without trying.

cryer, you try and fail miserably..

March 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • bailoutsos

Will he be as nice when Sheen wants to kiss his azz to get a part?

March 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pat in IL

Right. He showed class and professionalism, when he could probably have told many gossipy stories instead.

March 11, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

I completely agree, it's Jon Cryer and the other actors in this show that are paying the price for Charlie Sheen's desire (hell need) to create problems and not make any attempt to act as an adult should. Jon Cryer's character in this show is very endearing. My brother and I can see a lot our lives that follow the same paths as the characters in this show. This is especially true of the mother played by Holland Taylor. She is wonderful in this role. It's very sad that Charlie Sheen was so selfish that he felt the show was all about him and that his actions off the camera would no impact what so ever. Charlie Sheen alone has caused a great deal of frustration for a lot of people.

March 11, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • A fan of Cryer

Bravo! What a class act and a very funny and talented actor! I hope John's career skyrockets now (not that it wasn't already). John get's funnier and wittier everytime he get's interviewed!!!

March 11, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • ShrekMeister

Huete, Ich Bin Ein Troll!

March 11, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

You're absolutely right. He could've gone off, but chose to take the high road.

March 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennie

So true, Carly...he has real class... <3

March 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Totally agree. What a class act. Respect for Jon just went way up.

March 11, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Basil1218

How can you not love Jon Cryer?! He will always be Ducky to me! Great way to handle Mr Winnings pathetic behaviour...

March 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • mona19595

I have said all along Jon Cryer is awesome and the interview with Conan just proves it! CBS please continue this show there are many, many talented actors and actress' that can and will carry on the show without Sheen. Jon Cryer is the funniest I have seen in a long time and is the only reason I tune in to 2 1/2 men!

March 11, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Classy.....but not funny. At. All.

March 11, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • AK907

Every warlock needs a troll.

March 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doc

Hey, that's not true. Charlie Sheen knows all about the "high" road.

March 11, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smokey Waterz

Wow! This guy is a class act! A good actor as well as a respectful human being. It's stars like Cryer who make Hollywood shine.

March 11, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lynn

I agree, Carly! Jon Cryer is a class act! He picked his moment He did it with humor, character and professionalism! Love you, Jon!

March 11, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • uhhh....

So Charlie makes fun of Jon with ridiculously un-serious names and Jon has an intelligently dry comedic response... doesn't that seem like every episode of Two and a Half Men?? They have you all fooled. They are both geniuses.

March 11, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janet

Jon is BY FAR a funnier comedian than Sheen. My opinion it was Cryer who made that show. If you think about it, alot of the shows plots were based around "Alan". Keep the show going without him, i am sure it will still get great ratings.

March 11, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • C. Lindorfer

The bigger, better man!

March 11, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • magnus

I'd be a class act too if I had my employers pay me millions of dollars in severance. life is easy with that much money. period.

March 11, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kalyn

There is no high road and low road. No Charlie vs. Jon................
      The issue here is self control.
      Jon Cryer has self control. And he has been able to stay out of issues that he has no control over.
      He has shown such great restraint during this whole ordeal. He has approached this humorously and
      therefore lightly. He has yeat to through charlie under the bus... I think Charlie has recognized the fact and appreciates it. Your allies do not have to back you up screaming and yelling..... they can do it by what they don't tell.

March 19, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • libby

Why isn't this guy making the big bucks? This guy ACTUALLY knows how to act.

March 21, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  220. KJ

You totally missed his humor. I feel sorry for you.

March 11, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  221. Andagain

NYC, either lighten up, or go suck an egg. Sheesh.

March 11, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  222. geauxLSU

WoW! Did you miss the mark!

March 11, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  223. David

anybody who has NYC in their name AND says (let alone spells) "y'all" should be mocked till the end of time!

March 11, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  224. sportsluvr

Go back to the movies NYC – you totally missed the mark on this one!

March 11, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Al

Get off the internet, Charlie

March 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  226. t1ark

you can spin anything the way you want and i feel sorry for your "glass half empty" outlook on life....you missed the WAY bigger picture here and what was really happening. Jon Cryer would never knowingly or unknowingly disparage anyone. here's a little study guide i put together that might help you in the future. in·tent1   /ɪnˈtɛnt/ Show Spelled[in-tent] Show IPA
    –noun
    1.something that is intended; purpose; design; intention: The original intent of the committee was to raise funds.
    2.the act or fact of intending, as to do something: criminal intent.
    3.Law. the state of a person's mind that directs his or her actions toward a specific object.
    4.meaning or significance.
    —Idiom
    5.to/for all intents and purposes, for all practical purposes; practically speaking; virtually: The book is, to all intents and purposes, a duplication of earlier efforts.

March 11, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  227. Elizabeth Cross

Get a grip. For all the things that Sheen said about him, I think Jon showed a considerable amount of restraint and quite a bit of humor. Maybe people wouldn't be making fun of Sheen so much if he wasn't constantly in our face but this is the road he chooses to take so deal with it Charlie.

March 11, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Cyndie

Really?!? He mocked no one with any real issues, he mocked himself for having an imaginary issue. You totally missed the humor in the article and the interview. He handled this with grace and style. Would you rather he filed suit against Sheen for slander or some other such thing? This man has the type of class I see in almost of the people I respect. Cryer has my respect, Sheen has my pity.

March 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  229. KatieinCO

You are an idiot NYCMovieFan. Trolls are imaginary. He's mocking no one. He's making light of a horrible situation that was thrust upon HIM. He's taking the high road and he's doing so in a way that is not profane, is not actually bringing in anything that is real. If you think trolls are real, you, too need help. Everyone (sane) knows that Helen, Paul and everyone else he mentioned are clearly not trolls. I'm not going to go on, because, NYC, you and your response are far, far too stupid for any more of my time.

March 11, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  230. The TRUTH

Sounds like this is yet another "I'M GAY YOU MUST FEEL SORRY FOR ME!!!!" people whining because how DARE someone use the term gay.

March 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  231. Sheldonrs

NYCMovieFan
    You missed it completely. By turning the mocking finger upon himself, he was able to avoid sounding like he's mocking Charlie, thus also avoiding making light of Charlie's issues.

March 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Dog the Bounty Picker Upper

Really? Are you that thick or just being contrary for effect?

March 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  233. OktoGo

NYCMovieFan – you're an idiot.

March 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  234. doubtful1

it appears, sir, that you are the one with "no sense of humor"

March 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  235. nancy

I see what you did there, NYCMovieFan.

March 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Chief

Umm, okay. Thank you for that little rant. Who exactly was Cryer belittling? He was pretty much making light of the rather offensive things Sheen said about him. Could he have done it without mentioning other actors. Sure. But hey, maybe they are cool with being in on the joke. The fact is, you don't know.

March 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Dan

Congrats... you've outed yourself as something other than a troll.... an idiot!

LOL

March 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  238. rene

So NYC? I think you just need attention coz u r a troll too!

March 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  239. Nobody

You know you're right when everyone on the 'net disagrees with you.

March 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Choconet

What are you drinking? Tiger Blood! Really you are literally the only one on this board who viewed this in such a glass half empty manner. Which only indicates that you too must suffer from mental illness. What do you suggest Jon Cryer do, play victim to Charlie's attack? No! I say he take the lemons Charlie is throwing at him and make a big ole pitcher of lemonade! Maybe you should try it instead of sucking on the lemons.

March 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  241. Wendie

not thought provoking at all if that's what you were going for. John Cryer is a class act.

March 11, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  242. NYCMOVIEFANHATER

I HATE YOU NYCMOVIFAN, GET OFF THE INTERNET YOU JERK WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR, YOU MISSED THE MARK!
    I HATE YOU!!!!!

March 11, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  243. JennyLou

Looks like Jon Cryer isn't the only troll!

March 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  244. Troyaxman

Dude, you really need to lighten up and see a doctor to see if they can implant a sense of humor. You're taking a joke waaay too seriously.

March 11, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  245. michael

i agree his need to be funny actually makes him look petty. he should have simply said it did bother me but im over it case closed

March 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  246. allison

You sir are the real troll... how dumb can you be?

March 11, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  247. Yacjer

NYCmovielover:
    Boy are uptight! Chill fool.

March 11, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  248. Very Funny NYC

I got the joke NYC.

Excellent trolling on your part, and no one else seems to see that.

Bravo! :)

March 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  249. Brian

You guys realize NYC is just trolling this thread to get a reaction from all you sheeple. and if he is truly offended, he must have eaten one too many billy goats, has indigestion, and is just plan irritable from the gas.

March 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  250. Acer

NYC isn't even good enough to be troll .

March 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  251. Keyboard Cowboy

Boy... you're an extra special moron. I bet you really do believe that Charlie Sheen is an F18 with tiger's blood in his veins.... idiot!

March 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  252. BeckyfromDC

see??? this is why I left NY to live in DC. I loved Jon since Pretty in Pink and even more now that he didn't sink to Charlie's level. I feel bad for Martin Sheen though.

March 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  253. what a moron

Hey, you're late for recess. Come on, now....off the computer....the grown ups are talking.

March 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  254. SouthernSpeak

Just because we say Ya'll, and speak a little slower.. don't deduct IQ points just yet! We are just as smart and educated as you (well maybe not you in particular obviously.) come down south and mock me all you want. I would like to test my second ammendment right!! :)

March 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  255. captjet

So 2nd amendment?...so typical of you christian teabaggers what's an edumacashion groupie . Believe as me or I will hurt your. You just don't think it through do you? Thank god you are on your way out and we will mock.

March 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |