Gwyneth Paltrow's fascinating home life with Chris Martin
March 11th, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow's fascinating home life with Chris Martin

You may never see Gwyneth Paltrow and hubby Chris Martin hand-in-hand on the red carpet, but that doesn't mean they're not spending quality time together at home.

"Last Saturday night, I made turkey meatballs and we all had dinner together, then put the kids to bed and watched a movie on Apple TV," Paltrow tells interviewer Faith Hill in the April issue of InStyle U.K. "We always go out one night of the weekend, because it's nice for me to get out of the house. I cook so much during the week, it's good for me to have a break and eat something that I don't make, like sashimi or Indian food."

The family, which includes daughter Apple, 6, and son Moses, 4, divide their time between England and the United States, and the "Country Strong" star says she enjoys inviting friends over to the house for something of a hoedown.

"I like having dance parties at my house and being super-goofy with my girlfriends," says the Oscar winner. "We just play dance music, like whatever is on the radio, and then old stuff — Michael Jackson, disco — and new stuff; we mix it up. It's fun."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Music

1. Mark

Really?There are some nasty posts. Id love to hear what your lives are like!! Get this, without there lives (Movie Stars) your lives would be worse than they already apparently are!! Ive never ever read or done any of this, as a matter of fact came across it by accident looking for todays market news. But ive enjoyed her work and read the article. Also like coldplay!! Seems to me they have earned it too!! It seems to me shes a good person and deserves everything shes earned "likely without any of your help". So get a grip!! Remember just a few of these terms!! Pride, vanity, glutony..... Shall i go on? Be nice or go home!

May 8, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kellio

what is everyone's problem?! if you don't want to read about it and didn't find it interesting when you DID want to read about it, then DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME COMMENTING ABOUT IT! what's so interesting about YOUR life?!

April 3, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mike anderson

why'd chris go for brad's sloppy seconds...he could still be havin anything he wants out on th eroad...prolly still is anyway...

April 1, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. Marv

Samantha – your comment was really mean-spirited with no value! Don't you have anything better to do?? You must be having a bad day...

March 28, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. areed

If you don't care about the story, then don't waste your time posting about it.

March 23, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Marisa

"...because its nice for me to get out of the house." ??? shes always out of the house. and she always forgets to thank the nanny! whats up with that lol

March 22, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mia

I don't like her, simple as that. If I could ignore her, great, but she keeps popping up on and in magazines that I pay good money for. When I've seen her in things that I pay for several times within a few months, then, yes, I feel that I should comment about her being overhyped for no reason. I mean, she's popping up on my CNN feed! How is that not annoying?

April 9, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Another Mia

Oops, sorry, wrong name (Mia should be Another Mia), and I meant this for the comment above yours.

April 9, 2011 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  7. linda

Why do people love to knock her down? She is not a crackhead like most in the movie business, she works very hard, she is priveleged through her own doing, she loves being a mother and wife. She's got the world by the b's. Good for her! And she doesn't have to adopt a black baby, really, to prove something! Leave her alone, stop being jealous and fix up your life instead.

March 20, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. Another Mia

She wants to keep her life private, but she divulges all this trivia in a candid interview with one of her bestest of best friends (she seems to have a lot of those, too). She's rather insipid and awkward in her movie roles (and she stole a movie script and role from a former best buddy...something interesting to look up). She tries too hard to be an intellectual when she's been nearly kicked out of her private school for bad behavior (and she's now letting her own daughter skip school for beauty days). She doesn't really have any discipline (macrobiotic diet out the door for junk food with excuses). She is Hollywood royalty and lives on it; her mother is the wonderful and beautiful Blythe Danner, and her father was a successful director and producer. I felt very bad for her when he passed away, but all this new stuff coming out about her is sickening because she IS trying too hard to be "the sweetheart" and a normal person (bragging about doing normal everyday things that are optional for her but a necessity for most people comes off as disingenuous). Take a lesson from Sandra Bullock...be natural for real and don't try so hard.

March 17, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mia

i just love her i think she really is normal she tries hard to keep her familiy life private she has been out of the spotlight for awhile raising her children wow how inconsiderate of her. She is a great actress Seven, umm pretty sure she is actually an oscar winner as well for a little film shakespere in love she is very talented and is now making a comeback with her singing and guest starring on glee. i wish people would just give her a break she really seems nice and genuine. I actually can relate to her being super goofy with her girlfriends. Nothing like some wine and dancing with your girlfriends. Please get off the hate wagon what has she done to any of you. i never ever comment on these sites but wanted some postive comment to be posted about gwen.

March 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Drew

Apple TV, Gwyneth? Really? Thank you for divulging your pretentious home activities.

March 16, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. c~bud

Sorry, bout that Michael.. it's just that I'm trying to come to grips with my flaming gayness. I wish I had known you when I was a little boy!

March 13, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michael Jackson

c~bud, you are a POS! you're just jealous you never got to play with my boys at Neverland. Pillow-biter? Bite my a$$!

March 13, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bill and Ted

too bad u got de crappy bud. We got de Diggity-Dank. Purple Hawaiian sticky buds! Time to Wake & Bake!

March 13, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. c~bud

I didn't read the article, sounds gay.

March 12, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. c~bud

Michael Jackson is a P.O.S. Chris Martin wishes he could write a song half as good as Radiohead, and Gwyneth is cabbage.

March 12, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  16. peacemonger

I got up today and had breakfast, a mushroom omelet.

March 12, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  17. 19esmiopa50

Michael Jackson's music is timeless! People will be listening and dancing to his music for generations to come. He is one of the all time greats.....

March 12, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  18. D

wow doesn't that sound perfect *eyes roll*

March 11, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ronaldo

a person in my office who knows chris says that they live in separate houses on the same property.

March 11, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Zeta

Wow. I'm spellbound! :)

March 11, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. pshhh

::googling the definition of the word "fascinating":: it must have changed!

March 11, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  22. boocat

What the hell is fascinating about this? I've found watching paint dry more fascinating.....

March 11, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  23. musingsofamusiclover

I've always wondered about their marriage. It is pretty weird to think about.

March 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ange

Well, that's 2 minutes of my life I will never get back. There was absolutely nothing interesting in that article...

March 11, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Melisa

sounds like a happy life

March 11, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  26. nicole

It's like she is trying too hard to be a normal person...

March 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joy

She is a normal person who just happens to work as an actress. Besides, what is really normal?

March 11, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

Holy smokes does this twit need to be in this much news? She has zero talent, zero idea on what "normal" is and wouldn't know real life if it walked up and slapped her in the Gucci. I never had anything for or against Dimmeth Paltroll in the past but good god must she be in story after story? Who gives a flying fart that she cooks 5 days a week? Hello. We all do. 7 days in fact! 3 times a day! She reminds me of this teenager who has just (omg!! weee!) discovered (very loudly) how to play house only its minus the real world stuff we all face such as trying to make ends meet, paying bills and still being able to feed our kids, living on 4 hours of sleep, working overtime and still managing to be a family. I don't begrudge her wealth be it earned or inherited, but cripes sake, she is not within our realm of normal. At all. ..and she certainly isn't "fascinating" and she most definitely isn't role model material. She either needs to fade into obscurity already or actually DO something worthwhile (Not recipes or tips on how your maid folds laundry Gwynnie!). Something like tromping some fields to find old unexploded landmines will do . That would benefit society. Ha.

March 15, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Mujer

I agree with Joy! I LIKE Gwyneth Paltrow, always have, and am SICK of all the Gwyneth-bashers. Leave her alone.

March 17, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • dwt

What comments here! She's a solid person. Haters just can't deal with the fact that someone that beautiful and wealthy is also decent and normal.

March 22, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Put your head between your knees, and breath deeply into a paper bag Samantha. You're giving yourself palpitations over an article. Get a grip.

April 1, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Samantha,
      I guess winning an Oscar, the highest accolade for an actor, doesn't rate as talent?
      Go take a nice xanax, and when you see an article about Gwyneth, just dont' read it.
      See, that's easy, isn't it?

April 3, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • hdfvuirfirg

She is cute. I would kiss ker where she pees :)

April 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |