Celebs tweet prayers for Japan
March 11th, 2011

Celebs tweet prayers for Japan

The devastating 8.9 magnitude earthquake in Japan and subsequent tsunami has not only media organizations but the Twitter-verse buzzing.

Celebrities like Alyssa Milano, P. Diddy and stars from "Glee" are tracking the news and tweeting prayers, hope and ideas on how we can help.

As the news developed early Friday, Lindsay Lohan was apparently glued to CNN for the latest updates, as she tweeted a photo of the coverage unfolding on her television along with the message, "My mommy just woke my sister and i up to this! god bless those that are in fear."

She's not the only one shocked and hurt by images of the devastation:

Katy Perry: "My prayers go out to anyone that is being effected by the disaster in Japan..."

Alyssa Milano: “Need to find someone in Japan? Google has Person Finder➛ http://bit.ly/f3zylJ #Earthquake #Tsunami /via @BuzzEdition”

Josh Groban: “I can't believe my eyes watching the news. I am heartbroken for the people of Japan and hope all my wonderful friends and fans there are ok.”

Chris Brown: "My prayers go out to everyone in japan!!! We have to love one another and come together as a planet!!!!...I'm buggin out right now over japan!!"

Milla Jovovich: “i feel like japan is such a huge part of my life and this is just a heartbreaking catastrophe for me. we need to pray and send so much love.”

Bethenny Frankel: “I cannot believe we have another natural disaster in this world again. Praying ... Let's help by texting the words REDCROSS to 90999. $10 will be donated to the relief efforts. Please RT!”

Ryan Seacrest: “Glued to TV watching this unreal earthquake footage out of Japan. Sending prayers to everyone affected. Unbelievable.”

P. Diddy: “GOD BLESS everyone in Japan and anyone affected by this disaster- you are in every thought and prayer!!”

Anna Kendrick: “What is there to say? Footage is horrifying, gut wrenching. Thoughts and prayers with Japan.”

Lea Michele: "So devastating to hear about the huge earthquake & tsunami Japan. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone there."

Amber Riley: "Omg my heart goes out to Japan. I pray this devastation stops."

Paris Hilton: “The images on the news are breaking my heart. I am so worried for everyone in Japan. My thoughts are with you Japan. God bless you all.”

Lance Armstrong: “Following the news from Japan. Our thoughts go out to everyone impacted by this terrible disaster.”

Justin Bieber: "Japan is one of my favorite places on earth...it's an incredible culture with amazing people. My prayers go out to them. We all need to help."

Nina Dobrev: “One disaster after the other..WE NEED TO START TAKING CARE OF THE EARTH. Something needs to change. PLEASE DO YOUR PART”

Marlon Wayans: "My prayers and love go out to the people of Japan. U are strong people w/ strength & pride who survived worse... U will bounce back."

Yoko Ono tweeted earlier, "Sending love to all friends & family in Japan & praying for you. We are with you. Let's help one another as much as we can love, yoko." Along with former "Star Trek" star George Takei, she's also telling fans to help out with the relief effort. Ono has since tweeted a link to a message she wrote, stating how devastated she was by the news.

"My dear people of Japan," Ono begins. "I feel numb now, as if I was there myself and hit with this disaster as you have been. Only just recently I visited Tokyo, and was delighted how beautiful, clean and quiet the city was! I didn’t expect a disaster like this to happen to the country I love so much."

Her message goes on, "I feel deeply for you for having experienced the earthquake that was the severest in the history of Japan. It must have been so, so horrible. I extend my sympathy and love to each one of you. I’m very sorry that you had to go through what you went through. My heart is with you all the way."

1. Free FB Fans and Likes

Hey There. I discovered your blog the use of msn. This is an extremely smartly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I will definitely return.

September 19, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. injectable steroids for sale

obviously like marquee.blogs.cnn.com however you need to test the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to tell the reality nevertheless I'll definitely come back again.

December 1, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. JName

God is always there

March 15, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. Gonna take my baseball bat and tenderize her head

Oh Jesus be praised at the outflowing of feces from the celebs. How great they must feel about themselves to have sent a 10 second tweet.

March 14, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
    • the next step

They could feel even better by donating some of their immense fortunes... unless they're really saving up for that awesome new bag or car.

March 14, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. Your Daddy has a hole in his underpants

Chris Brown be buggin? Whats that supposed to mean. Besides being a loser this ngger chris brown speaks in ebonics. What a worm.

March 14, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. D

I've already donated what I have left to redcross. It's not much, but I guess something is better than nothing...

March 13, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Darkwing Duck

I bet not one of these millionaires would give up a million, put up or shut up.

March 13, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. c~bud

I am so gay! I hope my dad doesn't find out! Maybe I should move to San Fancisco, or even Key West!

March 13, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lace

@D I pray that your friend is okay. It's so sad what happened.

March 13, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  10. bonita

My figure and personality does not match the literal spanish translation. I am actually a chubby, fugly, pancake chested freak!! All u chunky dudes send me da pics. I am ready to Ben Dover!! Take it in da pooper! Do it in da butt...all nite long.

March 12, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mr xao

U iz a big butt pirate!!

March 12, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bonita

I hope snooki didnt squash your friend. . . .They are now saying she shifted the earth on its axis by 4 inches. Incredible. Now that is one big faaat whopper girl !

March 12, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. c~bud

Can I say gay?

March 12, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  14. c~bud

I chinee, me ok.

March 12, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. me

How about donating and doing something, yes I know some celebs will.

March 12, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  16. cxhjing xao

HELP US GODZIRRA ! PROTECT US FROM SNOOKEY MONSTER ! AIIIIIIEEEEEE !

March 12, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  17. Tracy

What did I say this time CNN that you wouldn't post it? You people puzzle me to no end. You let trolls post obscene and offensive messages constantly.....but me posting a good will message for another country doesn't cut it. I think you people enjoy reading and posting everything perverted...even on your belief blogs. I post a comment of good will to another country going through a tragedy and it's not posted. I'm done with you and your "only for perverted, racist blogs!"

March 11, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. D

That's not funny-to make a joke about a serious situation. I have a friend over there still that nobody has heard yet whether he is ok or not. His family has not been notified. I pray he is ok along with many other people still missing-SHAME ON YOU!

March 11, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Segovia

I wish the best for your friend as well as the rest of the population with this disaster. I'm a little tense too. My boyfriend's mother & sister went to Tokyo last week (til next) for a much awaited visit. We have not heard from them yet and that plays a lot on your mind. So I know how you feel. Best of luck to you!

March 12, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
    • D

I pray that you hear from your family too Segovia

March 13, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |