Madonna gives daughter Lourdes big screen debut
March 10th, 2011

Madonna gives daughter Lourdes big screen debut

First she collaborated with her mom on the Material Girl clothing line and now Lourdes Leon is starring in Madonna's new movie. The 14-year-old aspiring entertainer is set to make her big-screen debut in the Madonna-directed film "W.E."

According to MTV News, "W.E." chronicles the 1930s romance of King Edward VIII and scandalous American socialite Wallis Simpson, who would go on to become the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. The film also follows a modern-day woman, Wally Winthrop, who is fascinated by their love story.

Lourdes, whose father is actor/personal trainer Carlos Leon, was spotted wearing a schoolgirl uniform on the movie's set last September, and now Abbie Cornish, who portrays Wally, has the details on the teen's role.

"She actually plays a younger version of my character," Cornish tells MTV. "She's a super-cute, younger version of my character."

Though Cornish didn't share scenes with Lourdes, she did enjoy working with Her Madgesty.

"Madonna is a natural director," she says. "It's in her nature. She's a Leo and she really represents the Leos very well. She's a very smart woman, very well read. She really absorbs a lot about whatever she's involved in. I think she really loves learning. It was interesting to see her evolve throughout the filmmaking process. She's such a cool woman."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Madonna • movies • Music

1. kay/kay/kay

Madonna by herself is bad enough. Now Madonna Jr? Im gonna hurl on that one! Madonna cant act. All of her movies suck a$$. I hope her mothers acting abilities are no indication of whats to come....

March 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Damonna

Eyebrow tweezers! I'm just saying....

March 11, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kevin

Little Lourdes looks good what happen to her mom the only good part is her songs and the way she sings i know she dont have the looks but Little Lourdes has it all going on if she is looking for a good time look me up i will show you what you are misting out

March 10, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. pbuchanan620

I am a straight man who LOVES Madonna to death. She is not just for gay men and butch women. She has been a huge inspiration to me. That said, I wish she would not shove her daugher in our faces. I love how she shielded her kids from the spotlight, but not anymore.

March 10, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Madonna

Sorry Chaz...no dating my daughter but I would be glad to pull down your pants and give ya a BJ.

Love Madge.

March 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Farticus

Hey Madonna...pull my finger.

March 10, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MadCityBabe

wow, can't believe it. Lola is growing up. Nice job M...........you've still got it....you've always had it....and always will!

March 10, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. big bush

Yo! Trim that thang girl!!!

March 10, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. Lace

Lol

March 10, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. Chaz Bono

Oh goodness. Little Lourdes is really turning into quite the woman. I wonder if madonna would mind if I took her to the Florida Keys for a week or so. YUMMY!

March 10, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  11. Crash & Burn

It will be so funny watching this feeble attempt go strait in the crapper.

March 10, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. Uncle Mortimer

I thnk little Lourdes needs an educaton on what a tramp her mom is. Lourdes, if you are reading this just be aware your mom is pure trash and deserves to be buried in a landfill.

March 10, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Uh huh, and um where should you be buried. People who have nothing better to do than trash celebs are the stupid ones. Grow up and find your own life; stop being jealous of the success someone else has achieved. Stupid idiot.

March 10, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. WLM

She is a cute kid.. I suppose if my parents were talented famous people I would be milking it too... Why would I want a normal life when I can really essentially do what I want!...

March 10, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  14. Juwanna

What was this story about? I can't get that girls eyebrows out of my mind. Madonna should buy her some tweezers.

March 10, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  15. RPD

If she "acts" anything like her mother, she won't make it past the cutting room floor! Pllleeeaaassseee . . . don't stuff your little darlings down our throats.

March 10, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  16. CrapFest Madonna

Other than singing Madonna is pretty much talentless. Every movie she done fell over and died and now she is gonna direct...LMAO...this should be a HUGE CRAPFEST!!!

March 10, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  17. unknown

What the he!! is wrong with you people? Stop hating on Madonna....you all are a bunch of jealous pigs. Stop wasting your time to read these articles then if you dont like certain people! Why even waste your time to leave a comment? Get a life!

March 10, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  18. HollywoodSurF

The Big TV Controversy! What did Barbara Walters really mean?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UumsHBz0YU&w=640&h=390]

March 10, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  19. Bombs Awwaaaaay

This conglomeration of all things stupid and evil will be a huge...HUGE flop. I cant wait to see the big failure. Madonnna, go strait to hell.

March 10, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  20. LOL...*POOT*

LOL...this is a joke right? All these movie stars precious little treasures are so multi talented. Must we endure these continual nightmares?

PS...*POOT* n ya face madge.

March 10, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |