'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Sheen playing us?
March 9th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Sheen playing us?

Charlie Sheen’s jaw-dropping webcasts and machete-wielding antics have been disturbing. He’s making remarkable new attacks against his “Two and a Half Men” co-stars. Even Charlie himself today is reportedly admitting that he’s losing his mind! And that’s got a lot of people asking: Is Charlie losing it? Or is he just playing us?

I do not believe, for one second, that Charlie's putting us on.

Why would he show up on set late last year having lost 20 pounds? Why would he have trashed that New York hotel room in October? Nobody in his right mind would act like this on purpose. Charlie’s lost custody of his twin boys, and he’s lost his very lucrative job. Something is seriously wrong, and I’m worried Charlie’s going to do something drastic. What do you think?

Other big stories we’re fired up about on our show today…

Mel Gibson strikes a plea deal?

The controversial new way stars are cashing in – big time!

Be sure to join me live at 5 p.m. ET on "Showbiz Tonight" and again at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. Anita F.N. Drink

Charlie has completely lost his mind and deperately needs medical and mental therapy intervention NOW. 'Just don't get his sense of humor and his lingo'?? You obviously need your head examined too. Maybe you missed the part where in a period of less than two weeks his disturbing self-destructive and DANGEROUS mental state and actions have cost him his career, his children, his trustworthyness, and his physical health on top of his already seriously compromised mental health. When you put your delusional ego, wh ores, drugs, and partying before the well being and stability of your 2 year old kids... and your resposibility to them... YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED YOUR HEAD EXAMINED.

March 13, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. SaintPetersburg

Charlie is not crazy. You just dont get his humor and his lingo.

March 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Master of The Universe

Right back at you my man!

March 12, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. JR

Your a good man MTU..... Its nice to know theirs a least two sensitive guys out there.

March 11, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. ZS

Charlie is having the time of his life and enjoying every minute of it!
    Are you laughing at him or with him?! Who is laughing now?! Maybe he is laughing at the world!
    Yeah! Go Charlie!
    Winnnnnnnnnning!

March 11, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. Master of The Universe

I did check JR, my hat is off to you for being a standup guy, and owning up to what I can now perceive as an honest mistake & slip of the tounge. Good man JR. I truly respect that and you now. I too, once fell in love with a truly beautiful woman and good friend who at that time I thought was merely suffering from bi-polar disorder but turned out to the dual diagnosis that is know as Schizoaffective disorder. I still love and care for her very much though we are no longer together. Her positive attributes more than outweigh her difficult moments and lapses. She will always be in my heart & I will always be there for her.
    Way to Man Up JR!

March 10, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JR

@ Master of The Universe...... You are so right and I hope you check back to see if I commented again. In a atempt to be funny I say some mean sounding things that aren't really in my heart. I appreciate you calling me on it. The EX that I referred as a nut is and has been a good friend for years. I apologize to anyone that is Bi-Polar or has a loved one that is bi-polar. Thanks MTU

March 10, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  8. Bigdaddy

Bad news is better than no news. What do you think? Who's playing who!?

March 10, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. Master of The Universe

@JR and Gert
    What the two of you are desribing actually sounds more like Schizoaffective disorder.
    It is a severe combination of Bi-polar (or sometimes other forms of major depressive disorders) AND Schizophrenia which is where the delusions and paranoia come into play.

As for JR you could be a little kinder to your ex, referring to her as nuts truly was not necessary. People that suffer from such an illness are human too. These people did not ask for these devastating disorders any more than someone who suffers from ANY other medical condition.
    Nor should they feel or be MADE to feel ashamed of themselves. People and societies that are heartless and cruel in making such references are ironically the ones who CREATE the very stigmas that render the victims too embarrassed and therefore often CAUSE them to shy away from seeking the very important medical and mental therapies thy so desperately need. Would you make fun of, ridicule and make such slanderous, hurtful comments to someone that was stricken with say; stomach cancer, to the point of causing them to be embarrassed about it and to shy away from seeking the appropriate treatment for that disease as well?
    It's comments like that and people like you JR that make it more difficult for those poor victims to seek the help they need. Here's to Karma teaching you a lesson.

March 10, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  10. Lesley

You guys have been "had". This whole thing is a big put-on. He's playing up to all the media hype on this one.

March 10, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  11. D

You cant help an addict unless they want help...he can't even admit he has a problem...hope he hits rock bottom soon then get help-I will wait patiently for him to comeback clean so I can continue being a fan of his acting...not so much right now

March 10, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. pedro

OLE :)

March 9, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. pedro

He is a tuuuurd sandwich. Its not like he is a famous character on South Park or something. Who does he think he is ? TOWLIE or MR. HANKEY ? Get real.

March 9, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Maria52

I am very afraid he is already doing enough to kill himself and I don't think he is far from it. If something is not done soon I believe Charlie will be either dead or in the hospital in serious condition before April.The arteries in his neck are about to burst. Stroke heartattack of cardio arrest in the making. This guy isn't acting he's snorting and found a way to hide it on a test. This is no laughing matter and those of you that do laugh need help as much as Charlie!

March 9, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jen

Ali, your comment was the best so far!! Yes, where is his family? I've heard that he pushed them away but you can't turn your back on family. My goodness, the man has lost his mind and needs medical help right away. I hope he gets it soon!!!!!

March 9, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Frankie Foreskin

Sheen is a GOD....a Living God and we all should be thankful he is dispensing his wisdom to us, the undeserving. We love you charlie and that more than obama. Lead us charlie!

March 9, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. pedro

He doesnt need us pathetic mortals ! He is a warlock that drinks tiger blood !

March 9, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Lace

It's sad and I hope he gets the help that he needs before its too late.

March 9, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Crash and Burn

Sheen isn't the only big celeb to crash and burn under pressure... many have done it before, someone that is close to this scenario or at least close to the same money as Sheen just threw away was Dave Chappelle.... He walked away from a $50 mill. gig but actually went away for a while to get away from the craziness.... This unfortunately will end up as a tragic story and it doesn't take a Doctor to see the physical change in his appearance on his recent Sheen Korners... He needs a 24 hour eval. stat!

March 9, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Ali Franco

We are watching a mentally ill man unravel publicly. What a travesty that the networks think that ratings are more important than helping save Charlie. And where is his family in all this? You can get a court order to lock him up for 72 hours for evaluation. Martin Sheen, who so eloquently claims that he cares, is nowhere to be seen. He could help his son, but instead, he flees the country? Sure, it's embarrassing to have your son make a fool out of himself every day, but someone could stop this train wreck. Pathetic.

March 9, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. JR

I don't think he's trying to play us. I think he's real sick and when this manic faze ends were all in for a real sh-tshow. I dated a girl that was Bi-Polar (Thanks again to all my friends that failed to mention she was nuts) and she started acting like Charle before the crash. I don't want to spoil the ending but it won't be long till the fireworks.

March 9, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gert

I think you're right. I have a close friend who is bi-polar and this is the manic phase I've seen before. They can be VERY paranoid and truly believe the delusions. A good friend who is a psychiatrist told me that he's seen it more than anyone can believe. Very sick.

March 9, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. BLEEDINHEART

UH.... We should help him.....lock him up take away his free speech and rights.... and of course his sweet moula... since we are trolls ....that do what we are told, and can't formulate an original idea like "WINNING" sizzle loser dogspeed duh...

March 9, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  23. rrcakim

He is very ill and I am surprised that the entire world is watching and no one is helping him. What is wrong with our society??? He is ill. Someone please get him help!!!!

March 9, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jj

You cannot help an addict unless they want help for themselves. That's just how it is. Sometime, somewhere HE has to realize that he needs help, and hopefully when (or if) that happens, it won't be too late. Of course the media is taking complete advantage of his story for the purpose of entertainment – but nobody can force help on him.

March 9, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Whopper

want to play a game? WINNING!

March 9, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  25. BO BABBYO

We can't be played if we don't play along, and the only way to "win" is not to play the game.

March 9, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Katie

One of two things . . . Meth or Hypomania. So sad to see him like this. Praying for him.

March 9, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. kloud MAKER

WINNING..... FAMISHED FANGS... TIGER BLOOD... MINXES...... PIPE DOWN ENJOY THE SHOW.... TROLLS AND EARTHWORMS.. $$$$$$$ HAIM LEVINE MAZOLTOV. Winning........ sizzle .... loser

March 9, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  28. taylynn

Champions Win while losers get knocked OUT!!! Who's Winning?

March 9, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |