Kimora Lee Simmons reaches out
March 6th, 2011

Kimora Lee Simmons reaches out

The economy has taken a toll on lots of folks – even the queen of fabulosity, Kimora Lee Simmons.

"Times are really volatile right now so people are changing," said the former creative director for Baby Phat and star of the Style Network's "Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane."

For that reason the former model turned mogul is donating lots of her time and resources to "Dress for Success," an organization which helps provide business attire and career development training for women in need.

Simmons, who is a mother of three, said she can relate to women trying to balance career with family, and she's happy to do all she can for those striving to improve their lives.

"On our show we did makeovers, and it was supposed to be 100 women [but] over 200 women showed up," she said. "We made over every single one and I got the opportunity to speak with each of them."

While she may have been known in the past for her conspicuous consumption as the former wife of mogul Russell Simmons and muse for designer Karl Lagerfeld, she now says she is at a different stage in her life as a contented mother and wife of actor Djimon Hounsou.

Simmons, who is launching a new skincare line, said she got "a lot more than I bargained for" when she met with the women in the organization.

"I spoke with each and every woman," she said. "I said 'Why do you want to talk to me?' and they said 'Because you are fabulous' and they realize that I go through a lot of the same things that they do. By the end it was like we are sisters."

And as she says in her book "Fabulosity," it's all about achieving your dreams.

"I don't ever want anybody to ever think that it's all about the shopping and having things," she said. "I've been there and I've had it all and also been in a lot of pain. But right now, I am really, really happy with my life."

1. Deviant

I want to put my butthole right up against her P*ssy hole and doo doo inside of her.

March 8, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sugar

I think this is great. How can so many morons turn this into a hate fest when the article is talking about something positive that she did? lol Some of you need to get a life...QUICK!

March 7, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. couch critic

Oops, I meant "her" daughters and "some" time.

March 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. couch critic

Mormon, that's just a gross comment! :) Kimora doesn't raise her kids & have a successful career. How many nannies & assistants does she have? She thinks she's better than everyone and treats the people who work for her like crap. And unfortunately she daughters are learning to treat others that way too. I think her girls need to spend dome time with Rev Run & his family.

March 7, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Zoltan, Ruler of the Universe

Phony b!tch. you earthlings should see what she looks like when the human suit comes off. Denebian Slime Worm! She leaves a trail of goo wherever she goes.

March 7, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Shana

I hear just as many people praise her as I hear those say they don't like her. Personally, I don't see where she's giving back, because it all centers around image and material wealth. There's more to life than what is in your account and what you wear on your back.

March 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. soodivine

I don't know NO one and neither does either one of you who doesnt
    want or wouldnt like to have more money to do what ever you want in the world! So get real about life and stop hating on people who are prosperous and got what it took to keep the world going around! Its totally okay to have your own meet someone who has their own and come together and let it rip to the world! Hating gets you nowhere but maybe a sober mind every once in a while because that takes thought
    and so much effort! Peace.

March 7, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  8. Master Tung Yuu Long

I would chow down on her fish taco till the sun rose...

March 7, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • The Gambler

100 bucks says you're white. Another 50 bucks says you have no job and if you do, it's at McDonalds or any other fast food chain.

March 7, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. Hater-AIDS

Hatin is so 80's. Could you jigs come up with something new...

March 7, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Patti Moore

Quit hatin', and learn how to spell!

March 7, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  11. Dark Star

I bet she doesnt smelly stinky black men.

March 7, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. Yoshiamo

I would love to eat at her allnight sushi bar.

March 7, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. Yeller Wooo

Im a chineese person. In china we call kimora ling quan. That means giant smelly fatt coww.

March 7, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. Yeller Wooo

She is poooopy poooooooopy.

March 7, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  15. joanjries

Interesting! I just now printed Coupons of my Favorite Brands for free, search for "Printapons" I highly recommend them

March 7, 2011 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  16. D

It is what it is-a gold digging media wh@re

March 7, 2011 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  17. vetta parnell

Stop hating on a self confident self assured person. Misery loves company.
    HATERS! It is what it is,it isn't what it isn't,and its going to be what it is.

March 7, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Name*Moms

Why do ppl always talk Tasha about a successful woman she married and made a name for herself. Jealousy is a terrible thing she is a great woman LEAVE YOU NEGATIVE STATEMENTS FOR YOUR LOUSY LIFE.

March 7, 2011 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  18. oldzoom

Kimora Simmons puts the digger back into gold, a true fakster and self made BS artist...

March 7, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  19. Shoooo

I just let a stinker. Shoooo it stinks. : ]

March 7, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  20. D

you STFU rat man

March 6, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Rat Man

Stfu u stupid idiots

March 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  22. D

She's a beotch- doesn't matter how many women she reaches out to for covering her uglyness

March 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Yeller Wooo

Utchi is ! I grew up with him in chiner years ago. He really is one of them chineeze weeinerr touchers ! Thats why he post such unfriendly like stuff. They dont sell hotdogs in chiner anymore so he has trouble finding weeinerz for his buns. :)

March 6, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  24. ed

Yep. Utchi sounds like a chineee weineeer toucher.

March 6, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  25. JAKE

utchi sure loves to put weeeinerz in his mouth. we think he is the sad troolll.

March 6, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  26. utchi

@arch....ur such a bitter fool...stop hating on such a successful lady...something tells me ur a sad sorry fool...smdh !

March 6, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • ProudBlackWoman

This woman is a gold digging succubus. Why did she keep Simmons in her name? She's not married to Russel, she's keeping the name because its a mogul's last name. She is what is wrong with America. She is greed driven, popularized by her excessive spending and lavish lifestyle. Right up there with Paris Hilton as someone who can attribute all of their fame to their leg-spreading ability.

March 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  27. archenemy

Everyone looks up to her cause she is 6'9 in her bare feet !!! I agree with your input,arch. Pure golddigger !

March 6, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. arch

This witch has to be at the top when it comes to phony people. She wants everybody to look up to her. She wants people to believe she did this all of her own! What a crock! She went out and looked for the guy who could launch her into stardom. She found it in a man a few years older and very rich. So, she has done like many who live in the hollywood area....give it to get it! She is no better than the woman walking the street making a living. She just was able to find someone who had the dough and wanted to show her off. When she had what she wanted she said enough of him and went into one of the places he had bought her. It doesn't matter how much money she had or how many businesses she had she will always trash in a nice dress.

March 6, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cathy

Stop hating she had money before marriage. So she marry a man with a little more money than her that fine. Again stop hating……

March 7, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • KimoraLee SimmonsSucks

Haha this is awesome and I totally agree

March 8, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |