March 4th, 2011

Lady Gaga says 'I do' to CNN cameraman

Going to Paris to shoot an interview with Lady Gaga makes for a good Facebook status update in its own right, but what happened in the 10 seconds as I went to put on her microphone made that update more interesting.

You see, I'm not sure but.... Lady Gaga and I may be married.

Okay, fine, not really - but here's what happened.

As Lady Gaga and fashion designer Nicola Formichetti (he designed Lady Gaga's famous "meat" dress) came in for our interview and I went to put their microphones on them, Lady Gaga's sparkly ring flew off her hand and settled into the corner. Being the gallant person that I am, I went and picked it up for her.

I was just going to hand it back to her, but as I approached, she stuck her hand out with her fingers extended. I thought for a second, and then asked, "Which finger?"

She indicated her middle finger and so I placed the ring back on her hand.

At that point she looked at me, smiled, fluttered her eyelashes a bit and said,  "I do."

I smiled back and would have laughed, but I knew we were on a time crunch so I quickly set about putting on her microphone.

It was only later after the interview was over and we were packing up that I got to chuckle about it. When I revealed that the Lady herself had offered her hand,  some questioned if marriage would make me "Lord Gaga." (It has a nice Sith Lord sound to it, like I am part of the brethren of Lord Vader, don't you think?)

My sister even admitted that even though she loved my wife, having Lady Gaga as a sister-in-law for one evening would be kind of fun.

Yes, that's right - I'm already taken. Sorry, Lady Gaga - as nice as it was that you said "I do," I'm already in love with my wife.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Lady Gaga • Music

1. Librahitech

Who is Lady Gaga?

March 26, 2011 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. Aaron Carpenter

No, I would think it would make you Lord Pacifier.

March 8, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mik

Don't you mean HE windrider2 LMAO not that there's anything wrong with that LOL

March 8, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. MoreJewPropaganda

The commercial jew media fills your minds with useless jew-propaganda. Kill your TV. Stop reading CNN News.

March 6, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Amber Vanremmen

This is so funny people have time to write about this ,there are more important things going on. I just so happened to find this site for homework. Dont you people have better things to do oh guess not.

March 6, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. Becka D

Last paragraph was unnecessary? It was a fun story and you all ruined it with all your negative comments. What was so wrong...he said absolutely nothing negative. I laughed when I read it. Lighten up!

March 6, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. Terry

That's just a moment she wanna joke and thank for picking her ring up...

March 5, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jabaar's Dad

i think at that time u should say. " you do?"

March 5, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jhnsn d-s

She gott'a great since of spontanious humor.

Camera man may need to get some adivse in the event it happens again like for example saying I'm already taken but I know of someone who isn't and enjoys listening to Gaga music while eating sea food on the beaches of [citation needed]

March 5, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. rundog67

That's dumb. Saying I do to a CNN Cameraman...I mean come on! MEAN IT!

*~VIsit my website at authorlauren.wordpress.com and feel free to post comments~*

March 5, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. adeboye omotunde

i will not want to be lord gaga for one minute

March 5, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. Joe Max Moore

Isn't this musician a dude, though? It sure looks like it. Fugggggg-LY!

March 5, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  13. Isaiah5417

Poor cameraman not knowing in what kind of mess he is putting himself. Not knowing whether he will be sleeping with a man or a woman, because until now no one knows what it is! Half man half woman, weird and a total mess in a global time of chaos. These are the last days, just follow doctor David Owuor. God will shake you US for making these evil idols arise!

March 5, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
    • God

Isaiah,

I am the lord your God and I say you are not only an idiot, you are also an ignorant imbecillic fool. Are you married to your mom, or is your sister also your wife?

March 25, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. FlexSF

I like her new eye makeup application. Conversely, I would like to see her walk in those shoes. Maybe they're more sensible.

March 5, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. ANIL MATHEW

I hope you washed your hands with a disinfectant.

March 5, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  16. Glenda Gee

That was nice of you to actually put the ring on her finger! It was cute what Lady Gaga did, it shows that she can joke around too!

March 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Marcea

I think the last paragraph is cute. funny situation

March 4, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. it's...

the 1930s fake society couple were lord muck & lady gaga... sort of the fake aristocratic couple.

March 4, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Kevin

Before everyone gets caught up in all the "originality" of Gaga's meat dress, know that she had a predecessor, a woman artist by the name of Jana Sterbak some 25 years ago. Here's a link: http://collections.walkerart.org/item/object/957

March 4, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Matt

I just wanna know when she's gonna start putting more effort into decent good music than looking like an idiot.

March 4, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Martin

Crap media material for underage girls. Just what the world needs.

March 4, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Romeo

Maybe I took it the wrong way, but I think it was kinda rude of her 2 think that you wanted 2 put the ring back on her finger. I would've just handed it 2 her.

March 4, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  23. :)

Windrider2....Why are you being a bi*** about everything ppl say??

March 4, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Argh

Most pointless article ever. This person can't be a professional writer, right???

March 4, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

It's a blog post. Posted by a CNN camera man. Which should be pretty apparent if you're paying attention. If you're looking for real news stories written by "professional writers" then perhaps you should stay on the glittery tourist strip of CNN.com and not wander into the dark alleyways. ;)

March 8, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  25. :)

Cute:)

March 4, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Doogle

I kinda like the sound of "Marquis de Gaga"...don't go with the dark side...too many relics in black body armor will claim paternity rights before trying to off you.

March 4, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Durka

durka durk!

March 4, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Berlin

hahaha cute :)

March 4, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  29. Don McLaughlin

>> Good story except for last un-necessary paragraph
    I don't think the last line is necessary at all... I love my wife too (she's my little bunny :-) and I wouldn't know what to do with out her) and I would want to proclaim my love right here too if I was writing this article. It's very romantic!!

Anyway, I've got a feeling you don't have the qualifications for the "evil Lord Gaga" type. Lady Gaga has, however, gone up several notches in my estimation. She sounds very down to earth and sweet which is very refreshing these days.

March 4, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • windrider2

And 24 hours after this, she brought a 10-year-old fan, Maria Aragon, on stage, picked her up and swung her around, sat down at her piano with Maria on her lap, played and sang a duet with her before a sold out crowd in Toronto. She's not only far more down to earth than people realize, she's also much kinder and more compassionate. But that's not what gets the press.

March 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Richard Allen

idk...i wouldn't marry Gollum if he asked me to simply because i gave him back his precious.

March 4, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • windrider2

I don't know if Gollum would be willing to put up with you, but I'm sure Lady Gaga wouldn't give you two minutes of her time. She's too busy to waste it on rude losers like you.

March 4, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  31. nancy

GROSS ! I would run if that creatuure said that to me.

March 4, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Anto George

its funny;

March 4, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • windrider2

Well, you're in luck. That "creature" would never even consider saying it to you, not with far more, far better, far kinder people to choose from.

March 4, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  32. parishater

it is a great story...and anyone who says last paragraph was unnecessary it could be argued your opinion is unnecessary but CNN let you post it anyway..

March 4, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  33. Tony

Is this really news? Was it written by a gushing teenager ? Jeez... Come on !!!

March 4, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  34. C.J.

Great story to tell your kids.

March 4, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  35. Mike

Don't flatter yourself... she was being the good sport she is... I agree liking the story, but that last paragraph really is unnecessary...

March 4, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Captain

The last paragraph was clearly meant as a joke.

March 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

The last paragraph was clearly a joke, but not very funny. It was more like an apology to his wife in case she gets the wrong idea. LOL

March 5, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Janrif

Good story except for last un-necessary paragraph

March 4, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |