John Travolta reuniting with 'Welcome Back, Kotter' gang at TV Land Awards
March 4th, 2011

John Travolta reuniting with 'Welcome Back, Kotter' gang at TV Land Awards

It'll be a high-school reunion of sorts when John Travolta reunites with the cast of the '70s sitcom "Welcome Back, Kotter" at the 2011 TV Land Awards.

The classic series, which ran from 1975-1979, starred Gabe Kaplan as Mr. Kotter, an inner city high school teacher whose students include the underachieving misfits the Sweathogs.

Travolta, who played ladies' man Vinnie Barbarino, uttering classic lines like, "Up your nose with a rubber hose," is set to accept TV Land's 35th Anniversary Award alongside fellow Sweathogs Ron Palillo ("Arnold Horshack") and Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs ("Freddie 'Boom Boom' Washington"). Marcia Strassman, who played Mr. Kotter's wife Julie, will also join the guys.

It is not yet known whether Kaplan will attend the ceremony, to air April 17, but more cast members are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

Are you looking forward to seeing the "Welcome Back, Kotter" gang reunite? Tell us in the comments below.

1. Jeannie

Funniest show on TV, my Family loved all the cast. Can't wait to see all of them together again. Having read Steven Segall's comment, I have to say John Travolta will be remembered long after he's forgotten, envy looks tacky on a grown man.

April 11, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. Vinny

AWESOME !!!! VINNIE BARBERINO......" WHATTTTTTTT" I BELIEVE THIS WAS THE BREAKTHROUGH FOR HIM TO THEN
    DO "GREASE" AND LOOK AT HIM NOW. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REUNION !

March 16, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. melissa

Cool

March 14, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  4. viper

Welcome Back Kotter was one of the best tv shows that I watched as a kid. It raught me about the realness of what it was like as a high school student. Congrat Travolta. You and the gang deserve the award. That seemed to be the beginning for you. One of the best actors.

March 13, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bearman47

As the Fonze is saying. If not now. WHEN? Everyone gets older when is it too late? Get the line? If not ur not a 70s true fan. Go Vinnie, got some many times with ur plastic buuble movie. Lol

March 13, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rhonda Barrett

Welcome Back, Kotter was one of my favorite shows from the 70s as I could relate as I was a teenager. Arnold Horshack was my favorite and I can see him still to this day with his arm stretched to the ceiling in excitement going "Oooh, oooh, oooh!" If they tried to do a remake of the series with a new cast, the producers would be hard pressed to find the right actors with the same chemistry, or the same funny situations the characters got themselves into as times are not as simple as they were back then, the right writers to pen memorable dialog that would be as memorable as those of the original show, which is going to make this reunion something to look forward to.

March 13, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. lp

Hey ey ey ey! I would sooooo love to see that! reunion yes! I grew up on welcome back kotter and it was cool then...and if they start the reruns again....it will still be cool. Ooo ooo mr kotter, Mr kotter...........:)

March 13, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. sonieb

Even though I was young when "Welcome Back Kotter" aired, I loved every character especially Vinnie. I realize that this show plus 227, Laverne and Shirley were priceless.

March 12, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. anita b

This is great i always enjoyed watching welcome back kotter. jhon travoltas talent iv followed all these years. its gona be fun seeing them all once again. great news!!!

March 12, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mike

This sounds like fun.

March 11, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lelee

I love you jhon. he's a wonderfull actor

March 10, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. scott

I remember run home after school to watch the show. I wish u would put more show like that back on tv. The junk they show on tv today isnt good for teens to watch. Bring back the good shows

March 9, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Connie

Can't. Wait I was a big fan of that show can not believe we'll see them all again

March 9, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. yvonne zarat

Hello/ im glad and very happy your bringing the sitcom back. i really loved watching it they all are actors whio really know thier parts and john travolta omg i allways had a crush on him when i was younger he is a ladys man. love you all.

March 9, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Name*wil

Most definitely,this was a classic tv show. Thwy dont make them like that anymore. l can"t wait to see Arnold Horseshack

March 9, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. wildcat40

Great! I wish tv land would bring back more old shows & I'm talking about the 60's, 70's & early 80's. The crap that's on now just aint worth watching, bring back happy days, andy griffith, welcome back kotter, the jeffersons, shows the whole family can watch!

March 9, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jake Jeckel

I wonder if he talked his former cast mates into getting e meters. Discussed about the so called true story of depression and Xenu the intergalltic emperor. This man is a genus.

March 8, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. eddie

It will be a blast if someone write a spin off.....make it an offical reunion....

March 8, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Name*james s

That would be great.

March 8, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Name*james s

That will be great.

March 8, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Terry Turnet

It's been a long time coming to get that cast together on an awards show . The cast has been loved by millions for years and the show still airs its a little piece of American television history. So yes glad to see it happening finally and I'll be watching.

March 8, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  22. The Princess of Darkness

@Niki aka: the blog nazi

Where does it state that only comments & bloggers reflecting nostalgic/pro "Welcome Back Kotter" feedback is acceptable for posting here? Blogs are for feedback period, pro AND/OR con comments. It's NOT please give us your opinion/feedback if and ONLY if it gels with that of Niki aka the blog nazi ! Now go take your anti-delusion meds and come down off your make-believe throne...Your Royal Highness!

March 8, 2011 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  23. The Princess of Darkness

Umm ok????
    I'm with Valerie & as if. As much as I'd LOVE to tune in to this & re-runs of "Welcome Back Kotter" it would probably be far less painful to sit around shoving rusted, jagged skewers under my fingernails and in my eyeballs. While there certainly are many great truly classic TV programs from the 50's, 60's & 70's worth watching over & over again. 'I Love Lucy' 'All In The Family' 'Maude' 'The Jeffersons' 'The Munsters' 'Emergency' This is NOT one of them. "Welcome Back Kotter" & "CHiPS" are to 'classic TV' what the Yugo is to the automobile industry. Now excuse me while I go PUKE!

March 8, 2011 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  24. armando montes

I am very interested in seeing them together again thank you

March 8, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  25. armando montes

I am very interested in seeing them together again thank you.

March 8, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  26. Patricia Wilson

Very xcited bout show havin its reunion... :-)

March 7, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Donna HKy

Very much looking forward to that! Loved that show!!!! Hope all of the sweathogs will be there.......

March 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  28. erich555

Welcome back,
    Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
    To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
    But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
    Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

March 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mary

most definately.

March 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Ammo

I love this show!!!!!!! It is the greatest show ever made. I'm 40 years old and my kids love the show as well and they are 11 and 13 years old. They have to release the rest of the seasons for the show.

March 7, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  31. pauletteb

John Revolta . . . who cares? Didn't like him then; like him even less now.

March 7, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Honest Abe

You think Revolta was bad? I was a neighbor of Robert Hegyes (Epstein) in Venice, California. He was always high and/or inebriated and sold Kotter memorabilia out of his girlfriend's garage to support his habits. I felt sorry for his kids. But hey, let's give him an award.

March 16, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  32. SJFW

Wow, lighten up! It's called nostalgia people! It was a fun show from, for most of us, childhood. Whether the show was good or bad, who gives a rats a**; what's wrong with a stroll down memory lane just for kicks and giggles? God knows we could all use a break from reality once in awhile!

March 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Genesis Lafont

It's wonderful if the guys and Mr. Kotter (Gabe Kaplan) re unite, but I don't see any mention of "Juan Luis Pedro Philippo DeHuevos Epstein" (Robert Hegyes) added into the mix. I know Mr. Woodman (John Sylvester White) can't make it since he passed away in 1988. I wonder if they'll have the guys and Mr. Kotter dressed in their character clothes? And do a bit of a skit in character so we could all get a glimpse of what they would be like now. Take us back to 1975 please.

March 7, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Crack is Whack

This welcome back kotter show was good for about 15 minutes.

March 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. BJ

I don't know if anyone else remembers the southern charmer who came along later in the series. Beau, played by Stephen Shortridge. Had the biggest crush on him, but alas, he did not age well.

March 7, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Scott

I've honestly waited for this day since I was a kid. I watched the re-runs of Welcome Back Kotter in the 80's as a kid and absolutely loved them. When they stopped playing the re-runs plenty of shows had come and gone and were funny, but nothing like WBK. It was a one of a kind show which I truly love still to this day now as an adult and show to my kids. I wish they would jump off of this and do another show (if not a whole season), a 1 hour special, a movie, something to show where they are now as characters and maybe tie say their kids into the story. It would be really something to see how it would turn out.

March 7, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Barabra

Ahhh, those were the good ole days....loved the show.

March 7, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  38. dee

Welcome back!!! maybe tv land should consider bringing back all the old shows like they were famous for. no offense to everyone loves raymond – but come on every night for hours – give me a break. lol

March 7, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |

March 7, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  42. Jamaal

I can't wait!

March 7, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  43. Mark L.

"Welcome back
    Your dreams were your ticket out
    Welcome back
    To that same old place that you laughed about
    Well the names have all changed since you hung around
    But those dreams have remained and they've turned around
    Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
    (who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
    Back here where we need ya
    (back here where we need ya)
    Yeah, we tease him a lot 'cause we got him on the spot
    Welcome back
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back"

March 7, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  44. Thumper

If they do a remake or updated episode perhaps Epstein will admit he enjoys a face full of Horshacks manchowder.

March 7, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  45. murphysmom

Bring back "Welcome Back, Kotter" and "Starsky and Hutch"!!! Love Gabe Kaplan and David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser!!!

March 7, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  46. Lelee

Y'all need to let them be.

March 7, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  47. CrapFest

I hear Kaplan sit around in a diaper all day rolling his doo doo into little balls and then eating them.

March 7, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  48. Patrick McGuire

Great to hear of the come back, I say welcome back also. Question will John Travolta and the rest be in costume.

March 7, 2011 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  49. stahl1992

I LOVED WELCOME BACK KOTTER!!!!!...i was a teenager at that time..we learned alot from Mr.Kotter's class......aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!......i'm like everyone else the old shows were the best and today's bands are playing our music and the movies are re-making re-do's from our movies..we had the" best of it all " back then and life seemed a little bit easier back then,don't ya think?? stah1992 in tx.

March 7, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  50. Sherri

TV Land constantly freezes up on me. TWC sucks.

March 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Robbyn

Welcome Back Kotter was & still is one of the best classic shows ever! It would be WONDERFUL if it would come back! There needs to be more shows like this on the air NOW!

March 6, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  52. jimzcarz

The phrase" Up your nose with a rubber hose" is now stuck in my head..Thanks for the cool memories.
    Hopefully Epstein's Mom will sign his permission slip to make the reunion.

March 6, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Rick

REMAKE! REMAKE! REMAKE! REMAKE! REMAKE!

March 6, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  54. beanie

This show was great but like the rest of u, would like to see more variety...loveboat, fantasy island,othr 80s and 70s shows

March 6, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  55. reuben

ya show reruns of welcome back kotter, starskey & hutch, barreta, they don't make shows like they use to. that's all I watch is tv land! the oldies but goodies

March 6, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Ken

Yeah welcome back, now go away. You are a Scientologist...you don't matter.

March 6, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  57. skrazol

Would love to see Welcome Back Kotter back on TV Land

March 6, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  58. PELEKA

Definetly should have a reunion!
    And for those few who had bad comments about the show, kiss my grits!! Love the 70s sitcoms! They're much more entertaining than todays sitcoms!

March 6, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Edwardbri

I am soooo DVRing this!!!!!

March 6, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Name*Gerri M

I can't wait to see it! This is gonna be a big blast from the past!!!!!!!!

March 6, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Jeff in NJ

What about Juan Epstein? Wanna get Mr Kotter? Tell him to stop playing poker for one night.

March 6, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Elli Spark

xstongue.. Sorry to tell you this, however you are so wrong!! John T was one of the first planes into Hattie after the earthquake. I can't tell you how many trips he made there on his own dime... but it was dozens! He carried medical teams, medical aid, food, tents, I could go on and on. Too Rich to care? You are barking up the wrong tree. John T. joins the group of the elite who are willing to put their own lives on hold to help others.

March 6, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  63. g.g

It was a wonderfull time back then, i would love for this to happen. Let's not be so judgemental people! Hope everyone can make it. Can't wait. G.g

March 6, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  64. terry bradford sr.

That was good programming for its time, can't wait.

March 6, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  65. yoli9098

Its about time. I hope epsteen shows up. If not mayb sumone wil bring a note from epsteens mom excusing him from the show

March 6, 2011 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  66. ron

Jeez..... how fast time goes by. He lives about an hour from me in Ocala, Fl. and has a lots of property
    He has a beauttiful place. He fly's his own jet from there.

March 6, 2011 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  67. Pat

OK show, but Marcia Strassman was waay too hot to convincingly portrary Kotter's wife.
    I'm thinking the Sweathogs were passing her around like a doobie.

March 6, 2011 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  68. Amber

He is still movin on, isn't he? still sad about his son Jett. R.I.P. little travolta

March 6, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  69. Kona

Cool!

March 5, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  70. crum woowick

Interesting note– I guess it was 88 or 89 in between trips to the Persian Gulf on the Uss Dewey. I was the automatic boiler control specialist and was assigned tad aboard the Canadian ship Hmcs Ottawa. I just remember this one Canadian dude would start singing "welcome back welcome back" every time he saw me. I finally asked him what was up and he said he liked John Sebastian as much as Gordon Lightfoot.

March 5, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Sam

Ugh. I'm so glad the sitcoms of the 70s and 80s are gone.

March 5, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Angela

Oh wow! I loved this show,,, I really wish they still made shows like these. I get so sick of all the Reality shows! They are Nothing but STUPID!! I absolutely Love this Whole Cast!! Bring it back on Reruns Please!!!!!

March 5, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Welcome Back Yes!

I'd love to see that! Its what catapulted John into super stardom, great times!

But Travolta choosing to glorify a mafioso in an upcoming movie, that I have a big problem with.

March 5, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  74. NM

Cool! I loved that show!!!

March 5, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  75. JohnA.EvansIII

I liked "WELCOME BACK KOTTER" IT WAS BETTER than this reality garbage thats on now just kids being morons like kids do without all the violence and drugs

March 5, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Classic lover

I would love to see the "Welcome Back" cast together!

March 5, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Laura

Soooo cool. Ya gotta love the 70's and the sweathogs.

March 5, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  78. igwtj@aol.com

Ah ya da ! wiinner

March 5, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  79. DanO

I grew up watching this show. I wish all classic t.v. shows could reunite .

March 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Betsy

Ya,That's a great idea to get the cast members of WBK together for a reunion.I would encourage all of the cast members to come, will be great that they can see each other and the general public would like to see them as well.

March 5, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  81. jean worley

Wish they would bring all those old shows back even on regular tv miss them

March 5, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  82. Willie Nelson

YEEEHHHAAWW!!

March 5, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  83. Sandman

A definite must-watch-tv! As most have chimed in on missing nostalgic tv like this...hopefully we can look forward to more reunions and "where are they now" type segments.

March 5, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  84. jack

Ya like i was born in 1977 but watched it when thay did ree runs i would have loved 2 be a teen back then i no it was a beter place ..... may be thare is a was 2 go bac in time ....

March 5, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  85. JB

Yeah!!!

March 5, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  86. AGardner

I would like to see the reunion of the cast of Welcome Back, Kotter!

March 5, 2011 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  87. InternetSpy

JT has always been cool! But what has happened to Howard Stern?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g95GjIiK5zo&w=640&h=390]

March 5, 2011 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  88. couch critic

Oopsie, I meant "John" and "how" not hope.

March 5, 2011 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
  89. couch critic

I loved Jogn Travolta as a teen & graduated from high school in the late 70's & that was nothing I ever experienced. It's like saying "Happy Days" was hope everyone lived in the 50's. Come on peeps, it was funny but it certainly was not the greatest sitcom. However, that being said, I would put this in my top 10 of the 70's, IMHO. :)

March 5, 2011 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
  90. Doug

I will tune in JUST for that – ah, the childhood memories!

March 5, 2011 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  91. garyd

Barbarino! Vinnie Barbarino! Up your nose with a rubber hose! Classic show Gabe Kaplan was the creative comic genius that made the whole enchillada work.A reunion wouldn't be a reunion without him.John Travolta wouldn't be where he is today if it weren't for Gabriel Kaplans comedic vision that catapulted Travolta's talent to dizzying heights.

March 4, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  92. JP

Oh yeah...back when stuff on TV was actually good.

March 4, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Spoiled Rotten

Well I was 7yrs old when WBK hit the TV and I watched then and will watch it now.Cause that's a show that if my 6yr old daugter is watching the only thing I would have to worry about is her guffy and corny and that's a worry I don't mind having...

March 4, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Heidi

OY-YAY Sweathogs!!

March 4, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Amy Reaves

I loved watching Welcome Back Kotter in the day it premiered. I even bought the 45 and played it all the time. I can't wait to see all the Sweathogs but I love Gabe Kaplan. Come on Gabe and be there too. This is a once in a lifetime deal for most of us. I loved Horschacks laugh. Vinnie's walk. etc. and the hair back then. Can we say volume. All I can say is "welcome back"

March 4, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  96. go daddy

It was the race between kaplan and Robert Conrad...the star of the show The Wild West.I think it was called The Battle Of The Network Stars It was taped at Pepperdine University in malibu, California

March 4, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  97. shawna

I think it would be a kick to have a movie on the Sweathogs now. They're in their 40's.. 50's and such and are just now graduating high school.

March 4, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  98. tony rowland

how about a wkrp reunion?

March 4, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Vail

No two snowflakes are alike. No two people....

March 4, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  100. gargaryun

While I enjoyed WBK, & Travolta in it, I didn't care for any of His roles until His "comeback" in "Pulp Fiction"...& have had great respect for most of His work since, with the exception of "Battlefield Earth"....I refuse to support ANYTHING having to do with that idiotic psuedo-religion (read organized criminal fraud) L. Ron Hubbard created as a result of a bet w/ R. A. Heinlein ( a true SF novelist)

March 4, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  101. brizzolata

Anyone seen Gabe Kaplan (Kotter) lately?? He's a dead-ringer for Grandpa on the Munsters.

March 4, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Greycat

I can see it now...The honorable Vincent Barbarino, United States Senator from the state of New York.

Used to love this show especially when they would show up at Gabe's apartment uninvited, and come in through the window.

March 4, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Rufus

I work alongside Ron Palillo at a school in West Palm Beach, Florida. He teaches acting. I have to say that, as a child of the 70's and a huge fan of WBK, I get a kick out of seeing Horshack at work every day. A little ironic he's a high school teacher now, too.

March 4, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Randy

Up your nose with a rubber hose

March 4, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Randy

Up your nose with a rubber hose . . . Mr. Kotter!

March 4, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  106. rodbinnc

Ano..I would never watch that crappy show3, unless someone paid me. Anyone want to pay me?

March 4, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  107. JD

Guys! The note's not from Epstein's mother. It's from Epstein's mother's doctor!

March 4, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  108. profkool

Hello. My name is Arnold Horshack. It means the cattle are dying.

March 4, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Bookenz

No, I do not want to see middle aged Sweathogs.

March 4, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Apache

Welcome to Brooklyn
    The third largest city in America

March 4, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlie

At the start of the show, your walking down 76th street, with New Utrecht High in the background

March 4, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Diane

Please excuse Juan for being late. He was kidnapped by the jet set and left tied up on a lawn in Hyannis Port.
    Signed Epstein's mother

March 4, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  112. kathy clubb

Yesa bring back the good old shows during that time life was easier and alot less stress take us make to the good old days I miss them dearly America use to be so carefree and happy these days are nothing more then drama all the time I remember the shows was about families and growing up and having fun.What has happen to this world?

March 4, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  113. MaggieQuack

"No two Snowflakes are alike"

March 4, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  114. gris

I love those shows! Nothing to do with that ones they have now a days for our kids. I love John Travolta and all of his movies but I think he's got a very good sense of humor so comedy fits him very well. I can't wait to see the show again.

March 4, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  115. chile Pepper

I sure would like to see the original shows – – they would be pretty dated (ie no cellphones) but what fun anyway?

March 4, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Michael

Great memories of this show.... check out this People article from 1978 for more on the Kaplan Strassman feud...too 70's http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20072119,00.html

March 4, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  117. John

I like the unicyclist at the end of the show.

March 4, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Rachel

Cannot wait till April 17th:) Anything with Johnny I will not miss. I understand he is going to play the Teflon Don (John Gotti). Does anyone know when that might be?

March 4, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  119. tialala

Yes, I'll love seeing the Welcome Back Kotter group. Watching this is when I first fell in love with John Travlota and it's been a great love affair all these years (well, in my mind)!

March 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  120. tom

WHERE?

"Okay....who's going to be first to loose control of their face?"

"This is a TOUGH school!"

March 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  121. richard Imparato

GREAT SHOW!! AND A GREAT SONG BY JOHN B SEBASTIAN #1 HIT OF THE 70s

March 4, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  122. nokoolaidcowboy

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!

March 4, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Horseshacks Love Child

For the love of God, bring back Manimal!

March 4, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Captain Frank

Hell yes bring the sweathogs back, show was awesome, I hope all can cast can attend!

March 4, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Gloria

I graduated in 1975, but I rarely watched this show. I didn't care for it and couldn't understand its appeal–I still don't. No, I won't be waiting for the reunion. (I also don't think Travolta aged well; he never was that great looking, and he certainly isn't now!)

March 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trevor

I agree. The first season was OK but then it was the same catch phrases for four seasons until no one watched anymore. Travolta and Kaplan were the only ones with any degree of success since then. Larry Jacobs played Michael Jackson's father in a TV movie and he did some other things. Robert Hegyes life and career was a train wreck. He will probably need a note from his DA counselor if he wants to be on the show. Not sure about Ron Palillo. It's kind of like honoring people for doing their jobs 35 years ago.

March 4, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Jim63135

Yes, I'm excited. Even though John wears a hair piece these days he still looks good.

March 4, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Karen

I wish more shows like this one, that make us laugh, would come back to T.V. We need it!!!! Great show!!!

March 4, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  128. r

OMG! Can't wait!

March 4, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Karen

Ba-Ba-Ba, Ba-Barbarino!
    Ba-Ba-Ba, Ba-Barbarino!
    Ba-Ba-Ba, Ba-Barbarino!

March 4, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  130. SpaceLee

Whuht ??? Wheare ??

March 4, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Italian Stallion

The concept of WBK was perfect as it reflected all of what we knew in high school. We all had a great teacher like Kotter who inspired us. The chemistry between the actors and script writers was perfect. A high school reunion before the campus is leveled is a great scenario. Flash backs of some of the best segments will rekindle all of those memories we carry with us. I can't wait to see this show! Bring back the Reruns! Today's comedy is nothing compared to WBK.

March 4, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Jim

I would love to see re-runs of Kotter. Remember Horshack means, "The cattle are dying."

March 4, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  133. gkc

This should be awesome!! I lived 40 years without reality TV and wouldn't miss it if it ever left. "Welcome Back Kotter" was perfectly cast. This is an awards show I will actually look forward to.

March 4, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  134. trevor

If you give an award to Robert Hegyes, you should give a "Role Model of the Year" award to Charlie Sheen. Hegyes behavior has been similar, minus the success, since the Kotter days. I think you know what I mean.

March 4, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  135. ronbo

What? . . . When?. . . Where? . . .

March 4, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  136. ProperVillain

Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, barino....

March 4, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

Shoot! You beat me to it! Love this entrance by Vinnie...surfboard and all...

Welcome Back...your dreams were your ticket out...

March 4, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  137. shari

bring on the cast members & the show on say .............. tvland

March 4, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  138. macy123

looking forward to the reunion!

March 4, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Josh

Never really watched ""Welcome Back, Kotter", but for some nostalgic reason, I would like to seem them in this reunion.

March 4, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  140. mtnmedic

Coolness. I was in high school during those years and I thught the show was pretty good. Along with some other shows (like "Good Times" and "All in The Family") "Kotter" was groundbreaking in that they did address a lot of topics people were afraid to discuss at the time. And yes, count me as one of the guys who had a serious crush on Marcia Strassman. :-P She and John look fabulous today. They're two of the lucky few who actually get better looking as they age. It'll be fun to see the cast of "Kotter" back together for a bit. Great memories.

March 4, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  141. elo123

Welcome Back Kotter reunion!!! God willing!!! Oh sorry I mean XENU WILLING!!!!

March 4, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  142. CCR

If TVLand would do what they originally set out to do......great shows like "Welcome Back Kotter" would air there!

March 4, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Sherry

I will be watching...loved the sweathogs! And by the way, people in Hollywood or whereever, are not creative anymore. All they can do is put reality shows on TV...and people actually watch this crap. Back in the day (70's and 80's) they wrote good sitcoms that were innocent, funny and entertaining. Now, if you have drama and you are a celebrity, they will give you a reality show no matter how stupid it is or how degrading it is. Like another post wrote, I have my own drama and it isn't scripted.

March 4, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  144. LSF

Please no....I am not keen on seeing some old guys undoubtedly reprising lines from the old show–I'm still traumatized by a 101 year old Gilligan croaking out 'Skipper!"

March 4, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Marilyn

My 4 kids were teens at the time but I was the only one in the house who loved the sweathogs. Travolta's smile is still the best and I still watch "Grease". All good fun. I'm not sure I'll watch the reunion – don't want to ruin good memories. But I would love reruns.

March 4, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Helen

Yes, definately YES !!!!!

March 4, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  147. joel garza

hell ya,bring da show back

March 4, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  148. crapsman7

I had a serious crush on Mrs. Kotter growing up.... Marcia was HOT!!!! She still looks good to me.

March 4, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  149. joel garza

that one of the shows I grew up with,bring it bak,not!

March 4, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  150. dmj

"OOO, OOO, OOO; I am Arnold Dingfeller Horschack..."
    "HI, THERE" (Washington)

March 4, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  151. RAB

WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM UNITE. THE RERUNS ALSO!!

March 4, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Zeke

Great! Can't wait!

March 4, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  153. PJ

Rivolta is much too fat now for that type of reunion.

March 4, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Brenda

Bring on the sweathogs!!

March 4, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Steve-O

Along with Happy Days & Family Ties, WBK is a classic.

March 4, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  156. stinks

it stunk then, as they stink now

March 4, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  157. karen

The Cosby show. Some of the best television has ever offered.

March 4, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Johnny Oldridge

ITS GOES WITHOUT SAYING....THE SWEATHOGS MUST REUNITE INCLUDING KAPLAN AND STRASSMAN. I'M PRETTY SURE THE PRINCIPAL PASSED AWAY A LONG TIME AGO, SO HE'LL BE THERE IN SPIRIT.....KOTTER RULES!!!

March 4, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Paula Goldman

GREAT IDEA WHERE ARE THE RERUNS!

March 4, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Sylvias Mother

Cool! I always loved that show! Can't wait to see the actor who played Epstein, he was my crush.

March 4, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  161. karen

Never heard of the show. Was it geared towards a ethnic crowd? And this isn't a race thing, but usually what one race loved, another placed it in a crap category. For instance if I said I loved the cosby show and it was some of the best tv of its time, with no crude sayings. That was funny and intelligent tv. Loved it. I like older Travolta so who knows.

March 4, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Brian

That was such a cool show. Every single line had a gag in it.

March 4, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  163. steve

Are they/have they sat down as a group for a DVD feature?

March 4, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Beware_of_Dog

I loved the episode where they dragged Horshack into the restroom and took turns on him.

March 4, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Joe

I learned to ride a Unicycle because of this show. I miss my Unicycle.

March 4, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  166. ric

excellent!

March 4, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Greg

I'm a big travolta fan, having been born in the late 70's when Saturday Night Fever was released, so I have to check and see if this show is on Netflix.

March 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Ceel

Ba-Ba-Ba Ba-Ba Barino!

March 4, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Joe

Welcome back...

March 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Stuart

"I'm so confused!" :)

March 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  171. rosemarita

Will Epstein's mother attend or just send a note? :)

March 4, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Susan

Love it! This show ran from '75-'79, the years I was in high school and I grew up right across the river in Jersey. Can't wait to see the reunion and hope they all come back!

March 4, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Phil

Debralee Scott, who played Hotsy Totsy in a few epeisodes, died in 2005. I thnk the rest of th younger cast members are still around?

March 4, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • GDBnNH

She did? Thanks for telling me. She also had a small role in "American Grafitti" as Bob Falfa's (Harrison Ford) girlfriend.

March 4, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Ron S

GoodBody Every Morning. was a good program in it's day.

March 4, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Lisa

I think it was tuna casserole. I loved that show growing up and would still watch it if it were on in re-runs. So many fond memories ~ thanks to everyone who posted something positive ! I've had a crush on John Travolta for decades and I agree w/what someone said previously...he ages well !!Happy to see a fellow Jersey person doing so well. Can't wait for the show...maybe this will prompt a re-union show !

March 4, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  176. noshi

Absolutely! I loved the show. Please bring it back. There is no good programming today, all junk.

March 4, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  177. T Lantor

Loved the show and became a Travolta fan because of it. The show was a classic!

March 4, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  178. J Paul Harris

While I am not excited about seeing this reunion I expect to watch it. Doing so will rekindle positive memories.

March 4, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Debbie

This is going to be great!! I loved this show – I wish they would show the re-runs. Classic show!

March 4, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Marty

What was that dish Mr Kotter's wife made and everyone hated?

March 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Ben

Sounds like fun.

March 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Woodyk

Didn't Travolta many years ago eschew a reunion saying it 'would be aa step back' for him. Why now?

March 4, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  183. just me

PJ the race , Im sure that was WIlliam Shatner he beat

Be great to see the cast after all this time

I love Juan!!!!!

March 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  184. MagickalMerlin777

I had the 'WBK' lunchbox,it housed my 'Adventure People' and 'Weebles'.It would slowly fill with bath water,and sink in the tub.The Weebles drowned,and the Adventure people to the rescue.Sadly,the Kotter lunchbox rusted out and the thermos faded.That show was the best!

March 4, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Cathy

Funny funny show! Sure don't make sitcoms like they used to! I loved the theme song too. Have a 70's CD with that theme song on it.

March 4, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  186. SitcomQueen

Welcome Back Kotter was one of the best sitcoms around; i loved it........... Vinny Barbarino was the man..... bring'em back............. i'd watch a marathon of that............ better than all this reality mess........ Wipe Out.... WTH?

March 4, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  187. JJDLS

Oh my, I remember the show and I'm embarassed that I ever watched it and even more embarassed that I remember it, it was horrible.

March 4, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  188. PJ

I will definately watch! I loved Welcome Back, Kotter. I hope Gabe (and all the others) show up for the reunion. I'll never forget the race he won years ago against (can't remember who the other celebrity was, but he left him in the dust!).

March 4, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Dora

So excited to see the cast together. Hope Kaplan makes it.Loved that show.

March 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Levi

"Yeaaa we tease him a lot, cause we got him on the spot... welcome back ! "

March 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Frannie

I just loved that show!! TV doesn't make this kind of comedy anymore. Too bad.

March 4, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  192. RichP, easton, pa

Perhaps Gabe can clean out the rest of the class in some Texas hold em... LOL

March 4, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  193. lolarites

At one time, Gabe Kaplan was one of the funniest comics on the stand up circuit. He needs to come back, his material is still topical now.

March 4, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  194. manny

cool

March 4, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Bert

Classic entertainment, I can't wait.

March 4, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Mhoffy

It would be classic if Epstein brought a crumpled up note "signed, Epstein's mother"

March 4, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  197. bobster26

they should do a reunion show but show them where they're now, what they're all doing in their live's. docter, teacher, scientist, politician, something up-lifting in todays downer society for the kid's. cheer-up America the sun will always come up tomorrow.

March 4, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Kb

Travolta is sooooo hot. He ages very well. It is so nice to see good things are happening to him.

March 4, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Rodney Banto

"Up yours with a rubber nose!!" Classic!!

March 4, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Pliny

I saw an interview with Ron Pallillo (horeshack). He sat there and claimed that HE INVENTED the character's distinctive laugh.

Listen to the Gabe Kaplan comedy album. The show was based on a skit taken from the ablum. Kaplan clearly invented it.

No wonder Palillo became a 'has been'. Liars like him deserve their obscurity. May it be long and bitter and painful.

March 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Ronny Dorenkott

REALLY! Heck yea, bring it back!!! TV Land needs to bring back some of those old goodies!! Taxi is another one – who could ever top Iggy.

March 4, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • ksoze

What....does....a.....yellow.....light.....mean?

March 6, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jomidi

@ksoze I couldn't catch my breath the first time I saw that bit on Taxi. One of the funniest moments I can remember from a sitcom. It's up there with Mr. Carlson saying, "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" and Mary Richards' Chuckles the Clown eulogy and Lucy Ricardo's Vitameatavegamin commercial. Funniest four sitcom moments I can recall.

March 7, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Pat

"Hey Julie – did I ever tell you about my uncle...?"

March 4, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  203. MC

I SOOOOOO hope this inspires someone to actually do a HS reunion special of Welcome Back Kotter. How funny would it be to see John Travolta doing Vinny Barbarino again? He could be successful and happy, etc, but still be the doofy guy he was. They could have so much fun - with some characters just the same while others more sophisticated...and then reverting to HS form. I'm hoping...

March 4, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  204. unhanon

Ironically, just this morning my 6 year old son came out with "up your nose with a rubber hose" all on his own! I'm certain I've never said it around the house!
    And yes, I routinely say that I will write excuse notes for people and will sign them "Juan Epstein's Mother".

March 4, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Todd

The programmers at TV Land have 'big-wig-itis." That is, they have lost their way. All they run are rerun after rerun of Andy Griffith, Bewitched, Raymond, etc year after year. Where is the creativity? Zilch. I have emailed them with no reply (surprise!). There is a treasure trove of fun programs from the 60' and 70's. Examples – Love American Style, Love Boat, Fanasy Island, Gilligans Iland, Wild, Wild West, Welcome Back Kotter, Laugh In, Partridge Family, the list could go on and on. Instead, we are stuck with the same ol same ol. I have recently found a new station called "Anteana." It plays a bunch of old stuff although still short of expectations it at least has more variety than TV Land. Bye, bye TV Land, hello Antena TV.

March 4, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

Agreed. Never cared to much for TVLAND and never cared for Welcome Back Kotter either. Seen a few episode. Thought it was stupid at its best. I was a few years graduated at the time this series ran and believe me, it was in no way like the high school I went to or have ever seen or heard of.....maybe back east where stupid shows like this make it big with critics and and people who think they are all that.

March 4, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Cindy

Brave TV Land!!!! I also have 1 DVD of "Welcome Back Kotter"-watch it over and over and over! The sweathogs are awesome. Back then there was ways to be "Cool" without getting high or intoxicated. Love the guys-bring them back to TV and air there RERUNS over and over. My children watch the DVD with me and think they are so cool-the "Sweathogs" are forever the sweathogs. Bring the reruns back!

March 4, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  207. rick fernandez

Yeah a long ways ago Travolta from his Scientology BS huh

March 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  208. dee

HEY LISA VINNY 'S BACK.

March 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Maty

Ooooo! Oooooooooooo! Ooooooooooo! Mr. Kotter! Oooooooooooooo!

March 4, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  210. dee

oh loved the show, loved horseshack, i cant wait for this hope everoneof the cast comes..

March 4, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  211. dave

I hope they reunite the "3 Do's and a Don't"!

March 4, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  212. David

I'll watch it. Always liked the show... brings back fond memories.

March 4, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  213. Rachel

Loved it!

March 4, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  214. mik

Gabe Kaplan is a poker god, prob too busy shippin stax

March 4, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  215. Dave

It takes a sweathog to get duped into scientology.

March 4, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  216. alan

This is sweet. I hope Mr kotter shows up as well as Ebstein. They should do a "Welcome Back Kotter" class-reunion show as well.

March 4, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  217. Dingleberry

Hi there!

March 4, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  218. Hank-green valley, arizona

Absolutely, Much better than all the "garbage" on now. We copy all the old re-runs such as Everybody loves Raymond,
    Frasier, Seinfeld, etc. and watch everynight . Can't wait until Golden Girls come back!!

March 4, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  219. steve

Cmon now Lawrence Hilton Jacobs Robert Heygeas Ron(the Horse):)Pallilo. And John Travolta plus Gabe and Marcia? If thats not Thespianism at its finest....well ill go back to watching Knightrider.

March 4, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  220. Mark

I never really cared for the show, so I won't be anxiously waiting for a reunion. However, I imagine the rest of the cast could use the money as, except for Gabe Kaplan, most of their careers haven't gone anywhere. I liked Room 222 better.

March 4, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • MarkinFLA

Yeah, especially Travolta, poor guy. Forgotten at such a young ages.....

March 4, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Richard Allen

very decent of Travolta to lend his fame to the show after all these years. good to see he hasn't forsaken his roots.

March 4, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  222. JAMES D CARBAJAL

I said Bar Bar Bar Bar Barbarino, Yeah Yeah, this will be fantastic, but it won't be the same without Epstein and Mr Kotter, but I will take what I can get! those were the days of fresh TV, they don't make them like that anymore! Bravo TV Land!!!!I can't wait. Sincerely a sweathog wannabe.

March 4, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  223. Tom

Love to see them all back again! Travolta is a Jersey kid who made good!

March 4, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  224. MD

Oo oo oo

March 4, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  225. as if

Who cares. Along with CHiPs, Kotter was the crappiest show ever made in the 70s.

March 4, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • victim of democrat hypocrisy

You forgot about "B. J. and the Bear".

March 4, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alter Ego

Great – now I can't get "I'm B.J. McKay and this is my best friend Bear" out of my head.

March 4, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alter Ego

But the worst show ever made? Apparently you quit watching television after 2000, otherwise you surely would have seen all of these reality shows. And apparently you had no access to MTV and were never insulted with anything they decided to put on the air after they quit playing videos.

March 4, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • DKG

You are forgetting a lot crappy shows from the 70s.

March 4, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • KMAN

You also forgot Nightrider and My Mother the car!

March 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Erin

Yes, yes, yes. I love that show!!! I hope that Gabe, Epstein, the other ladies that were in the show. It is going to be fun to see what the gang is doing now & what happened to them after High School.

March 4, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  227. TheBigSarge

Yo, Mr. Kotter! Youse gots to show up, or it wont be a full cast and the best ingredient will be left out of the mix.

-TheBigSarge

March 4, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  228. Ginnie

I would love for the reunion. I am 62 years old and not a prude but thats when TV was entertaining and you could watch with family and didn't have to turn off tv with kids around. We need more entertaining shows without all the crap that goes with it.

March 4, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  229. Stever

Mr. KOT AIRRRE you better show up

March 4, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  230. Mike

Big Vinmie Is Back!

March 4, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  231. nancy

I sure hope he doesnt try to touch my weeeiner.

March 4, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Niki

Ummm, not exactly sure where you're going with that... or even if you know for that matter. But perhaps you may want to read the actual article before you start commenting on a story.

March 4, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  232. deecee

I'd like to see all of them!

March 4, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  233. chazz

I got a note from Epstein's mother!

March 4, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  234. Valerie

Ok, not trying to be a "Debby Downer" but I was a little kid when that show was on and let's face it, it was stupid and corny. You people here posting are acting like it was Shakespeare and true poetry at it's finest....I mean, really now! Someone here actually referred to this show as "real actors that brought you into the story"...are you freaking KIDDING??? It was a dopey sit-com from the 70's! And John Travolta couldn't get off that show fast enough....as soon as he hit it with Saturday Night Fever, he was bye-bye and I don't blame him!!!!

March 4, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Kot-teirre

Ok, Debbie-Downer, but just because you didn't like the show doesn't mean others didn't. I remember that this show was HUGE back in it's day. It was meant to be funny and at the same time deal with real issues. The first couple of seasons were the best, by the end of it's run it was really just riding on it's popularity. But this was a great show when it was on. I had the lunchbox, t-shirts, trading cards, and boardgame. I was in 4th grade telling people "up your nose with a rubber hose." Nothing but fond memories of this show. And Horseshack's laugh was always funny!

March 4, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • RabiaDiluvio

Valerie, of COURSE it was stupid and corny. It was a TV sitcom. "Stupid and corny" is descriptive of at least 90% of non-news TV programming. The DUH birds are coming home to roost.

March 4, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • SitcomQueen

yeah, you were a little kid............... it shows

March 4, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • T-Bird

Wow Valerie...
      Lead a boring life or something or were you too cool for school?

March 4, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wendy

At least they had goofy shows back then. Now all you see is stupid shows like Jersey Shore and the Kardashian sisters, trying to figure out what they're going to do with all their free time...now that's goofy!!

March 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

To all you nerds bashing me I guess you can't read, I was growing up in the 70's had my stupid Welcome Back Kotter T-shirt just like everyone else.....that is NOT what I was talking about...I commented how everone here is falling all over themselves over this silly "reunion"...the show was NOT that big a deal, freaks! LOL! And to the clown that commented on reality shows today, I DON'T WATCH REALITY TV- I'm 41 freaking years old! LMAO!!! Have a good day, nerds!

March 4, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Niki

Oh Valerie, no, it's not Shakespeare, it's called nostalgia. When we were kids it was a fun, clean, and good show to watch. All we "nerds" as you have labeled us, are trying to say is that we miss that time along with the characters on the show who were like our T.V. friends. If your not excited about the reunion, that's wonderful, simply don't bother to read the article, definitely don't waste your time by commenting on it, and if you feel you must... do not insult, it's simply... tacky. Go on and enjoy whatever clever / hip show you enjoy, and maybe you can find some friends there. Good luck!!!

March 4, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jomidi

Couldn't agree more, Valerie. Yeah, it was great when I was a kid, but to describe what the folks on that show did as "acting" or the writing as funny is extremely generous. Some of the shows from those days hold up pretty well (WKRP comes to mind). This isn't one of them.

March 7, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  235. PopeDM

If Marcia is there I doubt Gabe will show up – they hate each other !

March 4, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Jomidi

I thought they buried that hatchet... or realized there was no hatchet to bury when they learned the producer was lying to both of them, which led to their war.

March 7, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Vinne's Girl

Can't wait. Mr Kotter was the man back then and all the kids were sooo cool. No bad language, just laughs.

March 4, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  237. YBP

Thursday nights at 8:00pm on ABC...back in the day. Loved it as a child. Probably wouldn't now.

March 4, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Jomidi

Don't see it again. I made that mistake. It's much funnier in my childhood memory than in my current reality. It doesn't hold up well, at all.

March 7, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  238. BEACHER

"Off my case, toilet face"

March 4, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  239. Devin Nappy

Epstein won't make it. He's got a note from his mother!!!

March 4, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Enufsaid

Too funny. That's perfect considering he was always doing that.

March 4, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • SoljaGurl

@ Devin.... hahahhahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahaha (takes deep breath) hahahahahahahahahaha I love it

March 4, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  240. peg

Awsome. Wish they would do a "high school reunion" type episode of the actual show, though!

March 4, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Niki

Awesome idea Peg... do an hour show of the reunion, then a sit-down with everyone after. Love it!!!!!

March 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  241. paulm5545

Hey, what about Juan Epstein??

March 4, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  242. Stephanie

Yesssssssssssssssss!!! Absolutelyyyy!!

March 4, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  243. Bigazonie

Marking my calendar for Apr 17. Never watch TVLand, but this special promises to be a good way to spend and evening !

March 4, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  244. Bill Zavacky

They should do an hour reunion show, telling what happen to them after high school.

It should happen at the school, with the school being ready to be torn down.

March 4, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  245. Doctor C

What a flash back!!! I certainly will be there and tape it also..Awesome!!!

March 4, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  246. Sitcom fan

Please excuse Robert Hegyes from this reunion signed Robert Hegyes mother.

March 4, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  247. RJD37

That was a great show. It would be great if they get Kaplan and the rest of the Sweathogs.

March 4, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  248. TeaPup

John's da Man!

March 4, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  249. Lea Bynum

This show was what it was like being a teenager at this time. It is so comical, yet it really did deal with school and life at that time. Hope I get to watch it all, please quit bashing John, it's his life, let him live it however he wants to. . .

March 4, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  250. RedSea

What about Robert Hegyes?

March 4, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  251. Damien

What a wonderful reunion that will be. Agree with the above, TV was much better back then. Real actors that brought you into the story. Listening to Summer Breeze right now on the radio. What a coincidence.

March 4, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  252. Bull

what....When...Who...

March 4, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  253. Mojonaamdi

absolutely! Bring back the sweathogs... whatever happened to the puerto rican jew.. epstein?

March 4, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  254. PRissy

It been a long time coming...finally a class reunion! Cant wait

March 4, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  255. ARM

Check this out

March 4, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  256. Steven Seagal

His greatest role ever – playing a ladies man. Odd for someone who doesn't really care for ladies.

March 4, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr.CommonSense

....for the last 20 years you've been a sheriff's deputy. You're Steven Seagal!

March 4, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Diane

He may be a Scientologist sweathog, but he's your scientologist sweathog.

March 4, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

True, Hey Steven...what did you do to Kelly LeBrock. The poor woman looks like she got hit by a bus and then ate the damn bus.

March 5, 2011 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Alan D. Ackerman

Kelly is most definitely a Lady ! I ought to know

March 6, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  257. Scott

Oh Hell Yes!! That's Awesome.

March 4, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  258. judi

I really wish you would bring back welcome back kotter, I really loved it and watched it faithfully everyday as I do all the rest, I dream of jeannie, 227, sandford and son, bewitched, happy days etc, please bring the old shows back, they are much better than the new shows today. Thank you.

March 4, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie

Mee tooooo.take this other mess off the air. @Scott and others comments, I agree.

March 4, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Jan

They just don't make entertaining shows now like they did back in the 70's & early 80's. Back then when you came home and turned on the TV the shows were entertaining they made you laugh and relax. Today's TV the majority is violent, with heavy themes . . . . we have enough of that with our daily lives. Oh well . . .

March 4, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jill

....totally agree with you, Judi!! :)

March 4, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wzrd1

But, those wouldn't be "reality TV" shows! What WOULD we do? ;)

March 4, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim Gelvin

I don't want reality TV... I have enough reality in my own life, I don't need it on TV too... I want the old pure entertainment we used to get back in the '70's and '80's.

March 4, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • ken

could not agree with you more DO NOT FORGET ALL IN THE FAMILY OR BRADY BUNCH

March 4, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • JPBTech

Could not agree more! These shows today are pitiful in comparison.

March 4, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I agree! Most of the crap that is on television these days is unwatchable. I still watch the old stuff, because it's mostly the only stuff worth watching!

March 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

I totally agreed with you judi

March 7, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Larry

You know, once you reach adulthood, you realize how stupid shows were like Welcome Back Kotter, Gilligan's Island, Green Acres, etc. I can't believe I used to watch these shows, but then again, I was a kid and was drawn to stupidity. Welcome Back Kotter was one of the most idiotic shows that was ever on TV. Please do NOT bring it back.

March 7, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  259. SoljaGurl

I LOVE THE SWEATHOGS!!! I have 1 dvd of Welcome Back Kotter and I love it... Play re-runs on regular tv LOL :D

March 4, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • tstorm

Reminds me of '70's high school days. Bring back this show in re-runs!

March 4, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike- Tx

WOW! That is one of the first television shows I remember getting "Hooked" on.. HOW FREAKIN COOL...

March 4, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mhoffy

It would be classic if Epstein had a crumpled up note in his back pocket ..."signed, Epstein's mother"

March 4, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

I will definitely be programming the award into my DVR!! Can't wait to see the whole gang!! I still miss my Vinnie Barbarino p.j.s from when I was a kid!!!

March 4, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • JJ Walker

DYNOMITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 4, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greysky

Loved that show. Always wondered why they never had a re-union till now.

March 4, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Acupuncturist

It won't be the same without Mr. Woodman! May he rest in peace

March 4, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • chefdugan

John is one of the very few celebrities with a high degree of class. I lived in Ocala, where he now lives, and as far as I can tell what you see is what you get, just like Vinnie.

March 5, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • hokiethug

I wonder how many thetans Vinny has now.

March 5, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • xstongue

Vinnie should sell a couple of jet planes to save america, naw, hes too rich to care anymore, like all the other superstars...

March 6, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Pfg

WOW!! I love the opening credits when it shows the streets of NY.. The buses, subways, and the clothes lines with the hanging clothes from the building!! Please bring it back.

March 6, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jerry Mainer

Oh, please don't bring that show back, if ifs as bad as before.. We have enough brain dead shows on TV now.

March 6, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monica

I loved the unicycle on the closing credits. Made me want to learn how to ride one. I never did, though.

March 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • dmpartners

I want to hear him sing Gonna Let Er In Gonna Let Er In My Heart with his purple turtle neck .

March 7, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |