Trump: Sheen's 'a different kind of guy'
March 2nd, 2011

Trump: Sheen's 'a different kind of guy'

With a new season of "Celebrity Apprentice" set to launch this Sunday, what are the chances that Charlie Sheen might end up on a future edition of the show?

"I got to know Charlie because he was at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, which is a club I own," Donald Trump told reporters on Tuesday.

According to Trump, he told Brooke Mueller's parents (and members of Mar-a-Lago) that he didn't see their daughter's relationship with Sheen working out, "so I was right about that," the mogul said.

"But I also got to like Charlie. He’s just a different kind of guy. You see that in his interviews," Trump went on. "These interviews are unbelievable entertainment, and that’s probably why he does well in the ratings business. And, while I’m sure we won’t get him on 'Celebrity Apprentice,' we’d love to have him...You never know. Crazier things have happened."

One actor on the cast this season is Gary Busey, who has exhibited more than his share of bizarre behavior over the years. "I call him the mad genius. He's a brilliant guy, a great actor, but he is crazy," said Trump. "[Sheen is] different. Gary's really different."

The promos for the show have revealed that Busey and Meat Loaf come to blows at least once. "There was a period of time where it was so crazy [between the men on the show] that I just sort of snuck out of the room and quietly left and we actually had to call the police," said Trump.

Meat Loaf himself chimed in to say that things seem to have healed between the two: "I just got back from the hospital, I was visiting him."

Another contestant who has gotten a lot of buzz from the show promos is "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes, who said she had no strategy going into "Apprentice."

"Whenever I walk into anything, I want to be myself at the end of the day," she said. "I'm not good at backstabbing, so I knew that wouldn't work for me. I had no strategy. I walked in as NeNe and I walked out as NeNe."

Leakes said that "Celebrity Apprentice" will give viewers the chance to see "the business side of me, but I will still be NeNe, and I will still keep it real."

In fact, she hinted at some of the fireworks to come: "I had loyalty to a person on this show, and when they showed me their true self, it really pissed me off."

She wouldn't say who that person is, but she did have something to say about her fellow contestant, Star Jones. "She's a piece of work, honey, I'll tell you that," Leakes said. "Anybody that's sitting around all day telling you, 'My friends are lawyers and doctors and A-list celebrities' - cut the phony bull- with me, I don't have time for it."

Despite all that, Leakes said some of the people on the show will remain her "friends forever."

Of course, no interview with Trump these days can happen without addressing his recent interest in possibly running for president. One thing you won't see is Trump the candidate hosting a reality show at the same time: "I will not make a decision until after the show is finished for the season. I will announce, one way or the other, sometime prior to June."

He already has one vote. After watching Trump's speech to CPAC in February, Meat Loaf said, "I was ready to get on the campaign bus."

1. jharp

Way to go Jimmy! Perfectly said!

March 30, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jimmy Rigsby

No matter how rich you are, Donald Trump, you still wake up every morning, look in the mirror and decide to figure out a way to make that disaster on top of your head resemble regular hair. Nobody who makes that decision every day can be taken seriously.

March 3, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. alumette

yeah Donald. Charlie is a junkie. That makes him "a different kind of guy". I saw the interview on Letterman and I found Trump making ridiculous statements to satisfy his inflated ego. He thinks he knows it all . How annoying. How is that show of his still on the air? I guess people watch it. Gag.

March 3, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. Andi

If it were anyone else, they'd be a crack head. Come on now. He even admitted it himself. The man needs help. Maybe he should run for John Boehner's job.

March 3, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. D

Have been and will always be a fan of Charlie Sheen-he's a good actor. I do agree that he should probably get some help for his addition(s)

March 3, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. mitch smarr

go charlie go charlie go

March 2, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. AntiPalinAlaskan

A "different kind of guy"...Gee, y'think?

March 2, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dani

To listen to these moron 'journalists' is painful. Get the cameras out of the guys life. If you can't handle the drugs, don't do them. If someone does, don't be jealous. It seems his lifestyle doesn't affect his work according to his bosses. Hmmm... sounds like typical America. You can be free as long as you hold the 'party' line. Yeah, be free in America as long as you're like me. Duh....

March 2, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ronnie

@Dani, I agree with getting the cameras out of his face because this is turning into a case of people being entertained by someones self destruction! Like a lot of stars, they surround themselves with people who won't tell them no, and this is dangerous. Thats why Michael Jackson is gone. It's hard to save someone from themselves, but it's "in your face" time for his family. They need to use these crazy interviews he is doing and use them as tools, to get a judge to get this guy some immediate help. I like him a lot but he's gone too far!

March 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Michelle

Hey Mr. Trump, why not give us a new reality tv show called "TWO WOMEN AND HALF A MAN," starring Charlie's "Goddesses" and himself, playing (who else?) themselves!!

March 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andi

LMAO!!!! Good One!

March 3, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • karma

I'm very surprised at Mr. Trumps opinion, seeing that he does not drink or smoke or do drugs nor do his children, It would appear that Mr. Trump does not realize how "differnt' Mr. Sheen really is. Charlie Sheen is going thru drug withdrawal and his behaviour is beyond sane. My own humble opinion is that he is mentally ill and this whole scenario is not going to play out well. He is being used by everyone and anyone to make a buck off him and his illness. Mr. Trump your assessment is way off the mark, and you want to be President of the United States...............NOT>

March 3, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |