Gervais wants to host Golden Globes with Sheen
March 2nd, 2011

Gervais wants to host Golden Globes with Sheen

Ricky Gervais will host next year's Golden Globe Awards — and just about any other awards ceremony — but only under one condition: He wants Charlie Sheen as his co-host.

In a recent post on his blog, the funnyman explained why he wants the troubled former "Two and a Half Men" star to accompany him as emcee.

"OK. I will host The Golden Globes again, AND the Emmys, AND The Oscars if I can do it with Charlie Sheen," Gervais writes. "I mean it. I'd write some gags like always, intro the presenters, then after each acceptance speech I'd just chat to Charlie, who would just be sitting in an arm chair smoking, about what he thought of the result. He'd just say what's on his incredible mind. It would be f—ing amazing."

Gervais, who made plenty of headlines on his own with his celeb-skewering jokes at the Globes, continues, "I'd call his agent but he hasn't got one. Do you have his dealer's number? Oh f—, he's clean isn't he? If you bump into him in the street or when he's being dragged around the interview circuit being exploited in the name of 'news' tell him he's got a new job."

He may have been joking, but would you want to see Gervais co-hosting with Sheen?

1. Iris

Charlie Sheen had a lot of people depending on him for their livelihoods – and he was totally irresponsible. He repeatedly was unable or unwilling to meet his responsibilities. He thinks he's hot stuff. Let's see if any film company will be able to get a performance bond for him – and if they can't, it is unlikely he will appear in any movies. As soon as I heard the bit about the 'goddesses' looking after his kids, I knew it wouldn't be long before they'd be removed from his house. Whatever pretext they used, it did happen. I'm sure his ex doesn't want him to completely tank – the gravy train would stop.

March 4, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kimd

Excellent idea.Only leave Charlie Sheen out of it.Very tired of him.

March 3, 2011 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. quing quong

I am failing to see what Charlie Sheen is doing or has done wrong and what the massive deal is. He likes to drink and he likes to do drugs....whoopie doo. Maybe it's the highly strung, hyper sensitive American way. It is very common for people in the UK to go out and get totally wasted most weekends. Granted Charlie Sheen should have grown out of it all by now but the only real problem I can see is if this all goes on whilst the Children are in the house. If it's his ex wifes turn for the Children then he should be free to let his hair down and have a good time. Just becareful and don't over do it.

March 2, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dave

Rick, don't do it. I don't think I'd be able to process that with my normal brain.

March 2, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Victor

You know, I hope that when Charlie is found dead from his inevitable fatal overdose we won't see a bunch of hypocrites come out of the woods saying how much they tried to help him and what a tragedy it is, cause right now it seems everyone is just having a blast watching him self destruct and enjoying the ratings they get from his crazy interviews.

Just one more sad commentary on the state of today’s media.

March 2, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Michelle

My greatest wish right now is that CBS will give us a new reality tv show called "TWO WOMEN AND HALF A MAN," starring Charlie's "Goddesses" and himself, playing (who else?) themselves!!

March 2, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Rat Pack

I watched Sheen's interview on Piers the other night and I'm on the fence a bit, do I think he has issues, umm yeah! But I can't help but think back to when Frank and the Rat Pack were selling out Vegas, I mean these guys drank, womanized, threw in a few racist jokes and everyone loved them... They never apologized for their lifestyle and now they are legends.... Will we in 10-20 years think of Sheen as a legend or a loser?? Time will tell...

March 2, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tigerlilly

Gervais is hilarioius and brilliant! But if you listen carefully, his point is very poignant. Sheen is the news and his condition is being exploited. It's actually a very sad thing to witness.

March 2, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Frank

That would be AWESOME!

March 2, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • indirah

Yes it would be amazing and Gervis can add Kanye West next to Charlie Sheen.
      that would be the best show ever. I think Simon cowell can pull in more viewers if he invites Sheen to his show too.
      we love you all

March 10, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Random

WINNNIG!!!

March 2, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Shari Hodges

Want me to make you some hot chocolate and put on cartoons?

March 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. JR

Things are unraveling fast for Sheen right now. It seems without help real fast Ricky may have to host the show alone. Its really sick to be watching this mans life go down the drain in front of our eyes. But I still can't look away.

March 2, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |