Bieber's lock of hair sells on Ebay for $40k
March 2nd, 2011

Bieber's lock of hair sells on Ebay for $40k

Justin Bieber should grow his hair out for another round of trimming - surely there's another charity that could use the kind of cash a lock of his hair goes for.

Ellen DeGeneres tweeted that all she wanted for her birthday was world peace and a lock of Bieber's hair, and the now 17-year-old star came through, swinging by DeGeneres' daytime talk show in February to deliver the belated gift.

The duo teamed up to turn the present into a fundraiser for The Gentle Barn, a nonprofit organization that rescues abused farm animals. DeGeneres auctioned the lock of hair on Ebay beginning February 23, and the final bid came in today at $40,668.

The bidder will receive the lock of Bieber's hair enclosed in a Plexiglas box signed by the Bieb himself, as well as a letter of authenticity signed by DeGeneres. According to one of DeGeneres' tweets, the winner will also get to come on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" when Bieber's a guest.

Of course, 100 percent of the proceeds are going to The Gentle Barn.

Filed under: Celebrities • The Bieb

1. design

Wonderful points altogether, you simply won a new reader. What would you suggest in regards to your post that you simply made a few days ago? Any sure?

July 22, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mike

I wish he'd sell himself to the highest bidder and GO AWAY!!

March 8, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  3. Adam

Just wondering how much people would pay for a kiss and autograph from Lady Gaga or Justin Timberlake. I assume it would exceed $40k easily. And if the "charity" was their backpocket still there would be fighting in the streets for the "prize". So why don't you all calm down and let the fans waste their money on whatever they want and let Ellen decide what she donates to? Just becasue this is in the spotlight right now doesn't mean Ellen donates only to this. Watch her recent Pamela Anderson interview and you'll se what I mean.

March 8, 2011 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. Char

This story is awesome!!!!!!! Although this is a great charity, the fact that they teamed up to help ANY charity is great!! To all those negative, pessimistic people on here, I feel sorry for you all. How pathetic you are to criticize the person who had the heart to help out a worthwhile cause. With all the bad that is going on in this world, thank God there are some people who have empathy and compassion. Kudos to Justin, Ellen and the winning bidder!!!

March 6, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. InternetSpy

Justin's newer look!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXiBFpr4YzA&w=640&h=390]

March 5, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. sultana

oh ppl come on animals wuldnt need money if it wasnt 4 stupid ppl who abuse then and starve them . and its usuall the ppl who complain about it . atleast they care enough to donate to a good couse . ya ppl need the money but so do animals . and sometimes animals have better human behaviors then wat humans should have ... lets face it most humans r mean and cold heated . sooooo yay ellen and justin

March 4, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. Superhiro

This is literally the most disgusting thing I've heard all day.

March 3, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Char

and you are the most disgusting person I have heard from all day. I can only guess, you are probably a cold hearted, selfish SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 6, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. David Crandall

How could anyone prove the lock of hair was from Justin Bieber? Does it come with a DNA test?

March 3, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Andulamb

People make outrageous fake bids on eBay all the time. When will the news media realize that high winning bids aren't new until the payment is received?

March 3, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jam

I first I thought it was sad someone paid 40k for this, and then I thought, hey I went to charity so I was ok with it.

Then I heard the charity is FARM ANIMALS, pretty funny if you ask me!

March 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Char

you find suffering farm animals funny??? wow!! that is why this world is so F***ed up.

March 6, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jimmy Rigsby

I used to like Ellen DeGeneres. I don't so much anymore. It's probably because of the dancing.

March 3, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. syzzzurp

Maybe I can afford a pube

March 3, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Name*alex

I can't believe this many people have commented on this story. That makes me wonder what the world is coming to.

March 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jamieee

Can we say tax write off??? They just did the hair thing to make it interesting.

March 3, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Felice

Not for all the tea in China!

March 3, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. eytbol

How can they be so reckless?!?! what if the lock of hair fell into the wrong hands?! like a cloning facility... we might get hundreds of justin biebers running around... that my friends will be the end of the world.

March 3, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. disneyworldfanatic

I'm glad the proceeds are going to a charity, however, I do wish it would go to a "human" charity. As the mother of an autistic daughter I can only imagine how $40,000 would benefit a charity such as Autism Speaks.

March 3, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. comment

While I'm glad that the money went to charity, if i had an extra 40k lying around, why not donate it without waiting for someone to use their hair as bait?

March 3, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mary

My first thought when I saw the headline was: Geez NO! I have long hair, my cat has long hair and my dog sheds nonstop...I wouldn't pay a penny to bring more hair into this house! Then I saw it was for charity, so I say if I had that much money to spend on whatever, I might do it.

March 3, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  20. Ben Dover

I'd pay money to beat him like a red headed stepchild.

March 3, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  21. nitrous

I'd pay fifty bucks for some of Selena's pubes.

March 3, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  22. Epic Fail

Hmm ... Bubblegum teens defend whilst elders 'hate' as the bubblegummers call it. JB gets more traction whie both sides post his name and nicks in forum posts for metacrawlers to find. Here's my 2cents: All charities are deserving of attention. ED and JB did what they felt was right for ED's preferences. Do I feel JB is talented? No, he's the latest in slickly marketed boyband eyecandy.

March 3, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  23. jen

Who cares about jb anyway? He sucks! He's a. Spoiled little girl his hair aint worth nothing it shouldve just went straight to the trash

March 3, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  24. tk

Animalhaters

March 3, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  25. Killa

On a semi related note, I'm selling my pudes on e-bay. Starting bid, 1,000,000 dollars...

March 3, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  26. jesse

Truly inspirational. What's a bieber?

March 3, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  27. mayflower

Well I'm not a fan of JB but for his hair to sell for this much is a little crazy considering the fact that apparently,wealthy families will not give up large amounts of money without getting something in return. However with the fact of it going to charity is a wonderful thing. I think americans who do have that kind of money should really think about donating to charity on a regular basis. Stop spending money just because you have it and think about someone else other than yourselves and let's make america a much better place. I think ellen did a great job beacuse I think she did make a difference as she always does. It shows that we really can make a difference with little effort.

March 3, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  28. foxykitten4321

justin and selen are looking good together

March 3, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  29. DM

If you would read all money went to charity. Plus if you read what the charity does you would better understand why the money was raised. They help at risk children, children with special needs, and with education. Some schools have a program called Paws for reading. The animal helps the child to be able to read outloud and to communicate better. Animals have a way to allow humans to open up. They are not judgemental, all they have is love.

March 3, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  30. vyhawk

40k is a lot of money for some hair. I am saddened by this outpouring for animals. it just shows how little humans mean.

March 3, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  31. donsmiley

A lot of charities could have benefited from this charitable act of kindness by Ellen but, she chose one that was close to her heart. You can't fault the woman for it. The mere fact the lock of hair came from JDweibs is beside the point. But it's a sign of many to come that anyone with so much as a minute of fame can raise money for charity, what next a calzone half eaten by Snooki going for $50K on ebay?

March 3, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  32. DK

Awwww man I hate being bald:'(

March 3, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  33. J0nx

I'm still not 100% sure that he is really a he. That is the most androgynous, effeminate young 'man' I think I have ever seen.

March 3, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  34. jed

What makes me sick is to think of how much money that little twerp probably spent to get that disgusting mop cut.

March 3, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Char

you are sad, pathetic and jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when is the last time you did anything for anyone besides yourself??

March 6, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  35. Joe Vignolo, Derry, NH

This reminds me of the time Neil Armstrong's barber tried to sell some of his hair.

March 3, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  36. Leonard

...a BALD-HEADED person must of bought that piece of crap.

March 3, 2011 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  37. lulz

Wow. This is absolutely a publicity stunt. Also, why couldn't JUSTIN donate the money? He's the millionaire!

March 3, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  38. samadr

Exclusive Justine Bieber footage

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1G0T_PqfUs&w=640&h=390]

March 3, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  39. adventuregames43

Free adventure games. Find your favorite adventure game, play free flash games. Adventure flash games at Adventure Games 43 http://www.adventuregames43.com

March 3, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  40. Spring Chicken

Somewhere out there is a fat and naked bald man swimming in hair clippings on a cold linoleum floor.

March 3, 2011 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  41. Pedro

Would anyone be interested in a ball of lint?

March 3, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  42. Name*dave

It's funny how you can guess biebers supporters on this forum just by their names: kayleigh, amber, ashli, caytlynn, treena, etc. All the names that yuppies thought were cute 12 years ago for their little snowflakes.. the trailer trash would take the same names and use the letter I at the end.
    From Paul anka to bieber little girls have never had any taste in music.

March 3, 2011 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  43. arnold ziffle

oh well, just proves me right again. enjoy your fame now, BEEB, cuz it's not gonna last much longer. Your fans are bigger idiots than you.

March 3, 2011 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  44. Toxic Saliva

I ditto the no comment

March 3, 2011 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  45. Bongjurer

No comment

March 3, 2011 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  46. Rasputin

It can't possibily be pubic hair. I mean that little Canadian girl hasn't even hit puberty yet.

March 3, 2011 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  47. Mr Pants on the Ground

I could care less about his hair, I just wish that he would buy some pants that fit. The whole getto pants hanging down and the side ways hat has been done and over for years. He's a white boy from Canada that has no ass. His ass is flat as a pancake. A preppy, clean cut kid dressed in getto clothes just doesn't do it for me.

March 3, 2011 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  48. lance dacus

@ Rae, ellen and buttkid are retards too so what's your point? You morons make me puke. CNN is stupid for even printing this joke just like they won't print this opinion.

March 3, 2011 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  49. nativediva

I love that The Gentle Barn received this donation. What a wonderful gesture to all involved.

March 3, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  50. Rae

Ellen is a huge animal lover and this is something she's passionate about. GOOD for her! I support animal causes. They deserve to live their lives free from abuse. And they deserve a voice. So unless you can tell me an animal can free themselves from an abusive situation – call for help or run to a shelter – then good on Ellen and the people of this charity to be their voice.

March 3, 2011 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  51. D

House pets are also proven to help boost health for people with health problems, providing them comfort and joy in which nobody else will and are seen as life-saving companions. Many are used for helping bring justice, with police dogs in ways that HUMAN police cannot accomplish. They are also aids to disabled people to help them function in the world. Horses were used for the means of transportation before trains and cars. Animals have a huge impact on us HUMANS and most people underestimate and dont realize what animals are capable of and how much we depend on them.

March 3, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  52. D

For all the people saying it was a waste or it could have gone to another charity that needed it more, etc...well you need to do some research and volunteer for different charities to really know which charities deserve it....I for one believe it was fantastic it went to abused animals...nobody every donates to animals because they think animals aren't as worthy as HUMANS, well the torture that some HUMANS put them through is shocking and discusting and many pet owners basically torture animals slowly. It sickens me that innocent animals are being tortured every day by low life people who should be put in jail because they are doing it intentionally. They do not have a voice, and they do not have a choice. I know from personal experience that saving abused animals is just as important as other charities for HUMANS-because it also reports those discusting people who torture their animals and keeps them from continuing harm on innocent beings. The 40k went to a great cause-most people don't even care for.

March 3, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  53. Dawn

You have got to be kidding. Justin Bieber may be in the spot light in the present but I really doubt if he has a huge future in the music industry. You have heard the saying: Here today gone tomorrow. I do not understand what all of the hoop la is all about. No, I wouldn"t give a plug nickel for one strand of his hair......

March 3, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  54. daSilva

That 40k could help pay for lotsa trucks to bring those farm animals to the packers and feed lots of school kids.

March 3, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  55. Tracy Murray

Hair is just hair , no matter who wears it . If I were a Justin Bieber fan , I would bid on something more substantial than his tresses , like a first draft of one of his first hits or even a rough recording of his latest tune .

March 3, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  56. jtzttzy

I happy to hear it went to a charity for animals. As times get tougher more animals are being abandoned.
    For all those saying they paid 40k for hair your wrong. They actually donated it to a great charity and as a thank you they will get a lock and autograph of a popular muscian as well as a chance to meet them and Ellen personally...If I had the money I would pay it to donate to charity and get to meet one of my fav artist such as Beyonce or Mariah.

March 3, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  57. julie

That's ridiculous and cool at the same time!

March 3, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  58. daSilva

c. futher praying for yer mom tough shoes you're in friend

March 3, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  59. daSilva

Biebs n El milked the hair for their own publicity sake. Plain n simple. If casino bought it, it ain't their money anyway it's hard earned money some SOL lost at the casino so his kids are now going hungry. To save farm animals, really? We're turning them into sausages anyway, do they all need memory foam beds!? Get a grip Ellen! I lost all respect 4u

March 3, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  60. Cal Wellander

No F'n Way !!!!!!!!!

March 3, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  61. aaron yox

Let's call that a waste of money

March 3, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  62. Sean

I think both Ellen and JB deserve credit for the fact that they're using this opportunity to raise money for a good cause. Incidentally, I used to not think much of Justin Bieber myself. Took my daughters to see him in concert though, and became convinced he's actually really good ! Aside from his obvious talent, he seems to be a genuinely nice kid, with a good heart. I'm now a JB supporter, all the way..though I still tease my daughters about liking him.

March 3, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  63. jean claude van damn

its so funny that many of the people calling this charity stupid, and the post is filled with spelling errors. Durrr!

March 3, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  64. TheWarningTrack

The Outfield are back! Real guitar driven Brit pop! http://listn.to/TheOutfield

March 3, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  65. Tony

Wow – people are really insane!

March 3, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  66. Big Moose

Im gonna try sellin' my ass hairs

March 2, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  67. kat

U go girl u deserve that lock lol !!!

March 2, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  68. john

Yea grandma u go girl u deserve it !!! lol

March 2, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  69. tpain

Thats alot of money, i sure hope it aint the daughter of a rich person. Hair for 40gz is alot, and the cause aint good enough, tht 40g wud have went towards something else and if beiber actualy cared he shud have matched the 40g and he himself shd have put 40gz also

March 2, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

You're sick if you bash someone who donates 40k to a freaking charity with a good cause!! go raise 40k if you don't like it

March 3, 2011 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  70. eric

GO Grandma!!

March 2, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  71. my money my hair

So what if I bought his hair?? im 74 years old & dont care what I spend my money on

March 2, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  72. kat

If that person wanted 2 spend his money on hair thats his busisness at least the money going to something good if thats where its going! get a life people

March 2, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  73. kena nelson

We can't control what people want to buy. People should purchase if they can afford it! But, I am glad all profits are going to help animals! We always need to help because they can't help theirselfs! Somebody has to have a voice for our animals! I have animals and they need to be treated equally!!!!

March 2, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. eric

Hey Ivy,
    I'll go the $40k (seriously). I'd like to cut the lock myself from your bushy underworld and give you a BIG surprise after. If you are serious email me and you'll get all of my charity.

March 2, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ivy

Wow Eric ....I don't think my "underworld" was made mention of anwhere in my comment.

You remind me of the movie " Blades of Glory " the next thing I know you'll want to cut my skin off and wear it to your birthday party like John Heder's stalker in that movie. I just can't have that.....I'll pass on your so called "charity".

March 3, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  75. j rod

Ya right his hair the kid is hitting puberty i doub it comes from his hair

March 2, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  76. DfromC

There had to be a lot of bids from (ignorant people) fans of the Bieb! So more than one fool out there & they should all donate the money they bid to a charity of their choice as it is their money; but if they'd throw it away on his hair they should still give it away!
    Whoever said the rich weren't (stupid) generous anymore? They can't right it off as a donation can they? It's an investment, right? I couldn't see paying forty cents for the box they put the hair in; but the buyer gets to be on Ellen's show & meet him & get their 15mins of fame! Still not worth 40K & I still wouldn't pay 40 cents but my 10yr old daughter would disagree & would of paid a million! I think its funny as heck & instead of crying over it just laugh & move on with your lives! The comments were better than the article (some down right funny) itself so hahahahaha enjoy the laugh!

March 2, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Ec

What????

March 2, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  78. DfromC

There had to be a lot of bids from (ignorant people) fans of the Bieb!
    Whoever said the rich weren't (stupid) generous anymore? That can't be for an investment can it? I couldn't see paying forty cents for the box they put the hair in; but the buyer gets to be on Ellen's show & meet him, still not worth 40 cents but my 10yr old daughter would of paid a million! I think its funny as heck & instead of crying over it just laugh & move on with your lives! The comments were better than the article itself so hahahahaha enjoy the laugh!

March 2, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  79. G

Seriously justin bieber and who over bought his hair need to die

March 2, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Gordon

Hmmm.. I never second guess a charitable donation but why not just make a donation? Why the need to go through an auction for a clump of hair? The money belongs to the good cause, the hair belongs in the garbage.

March 2, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  81. mamamia

HE SELLIN HAIR. WAOW. I SHOULD SELL SOME BREAT MILK FOR KIDS IN NEEDS FOR 40 A GALLON....

March 2, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  82. mitch smarr

WOW

March 2, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  83. mitch smarr

its sad that you don't have 10,000 to buy redd foxx hair to give to a worthy cause.. grow up people live you life to the hilt.....im laughing so hard right now

March 2, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  84. bobo

Complete stupidity:
    1) Bieber's hair was sold for $40k
    2) There is a non-profit organization to save abused farm animals
    Why couldn't they have picked an organization that actually could have benefited...HUMANS!!!

March 2, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeannie Gallaway

Are you kidding me??!!! Farm animals and not humans?? I had no frickin' idea!!!! Not till I read your comment!! And this is all because of Ellen???!!! I wish that siisy girl could go to bed hungry for an entire month!!!!!!

March 2, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  85. mon

Just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean that they MUST give their money away.

Sure, some do. But its not a requirement. Its their money, and they can spend it as they chose.

At least this person is spending money, and not just hanging onto it. My guess, is that the winning bidder spends a lot of money, often.

March 2, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  86. cinnamoo

I know the Gentle Barn very well and am glad to see the money go toward their cause. Not everyone cares about the well being of humans who are the one who cause the pain and abuse of animals in the first place. Animals have no voices. I also work for a non profit and I know $40K would save us. If you care about humans, then volunteer for a non profit that helps them, but some of us actually care for animals and their well being and there's nothing wrong with money going toward that cause. Don't complain about where the money goes to, that's ignorant and hurtful and has nothing to do with the article. @herb, you should try volunteering at a non profit animal rescue to see what it is they actually do before you criticize their efforts.

March 2, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  87. £¤€u$±

so that's who was on ellens show, I thought it was her stunt double :)

March 2, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  88. herb

This is the most retarded artical I've ever read on this site. Even the charity is nonsense with all the sick, the homeless and hungry people in the world. I like Ellen but she shod come up with better ways to help people, the animals already have PETA.

March 2, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  89. frank

Why do so many people miss the point? The money doesn't go to pay for the hair, it goes to charity.

March 2, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Mel

I heard Golden Palace Casino had the winning bid. Still – it's pretty stupid.

March 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  91. crum woowicj

I once asked Peanut for feather to donate. Then I asked the Goose for some fur. Always remember that Peanut was a duck and the Goose was a labradoe retriever!!!!!!!

March 2, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  92. MrTipsy

I dunno what all the fuss is about. 2 celebrities got together and raised 40 grand for a good cause. Sure there are a lot of charities that this money could have helped, but this is the one THEY subscribe to.

I don't particularily like his music, but I do have to admit he has talent and respect and admire the fact that he's the single biggest thing going right now and he did it as a 15 yr old, small town kid from Ontario Canada.

Dislike his music if you want, but there is no denying the kids talent and draw.

March 2, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Shelia

If those farm animals were causing that much trouble the should turn them into food for the hungry. Donate to humans.

March 2, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Tony

Please find this person and hit them in the face over and over

March 2, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Canuk_eh!

Glad the cash went to a worthy cause, but why all the publicity BS that goes with it? Talk about LOOK AT ME AREN'T I GOOD

March 2, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  96. TheTruthHurts

$10 says someone will use end up using the Bieb's lock of hair to clone him 100 years from now.

March 2, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  97. noemi

People are nuts to pay any thing for that girls hair.help the dogs burn the beBER.

March 2, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  98. mikemalachy

What's with all the hate?

March 2, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  99. c. futher

I agree.... i mean helpin the animals is a good thing,but when u have such a large following like justin and ellen do, u should have more pressing issuses 2 sponser..... My mom has stage 4 cancer,anybody got 40k 2 help find a cure.

March 2, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  100. hijuss

Seriously, there are homeless men, women and children at Union Rescue Mission in Los Angeles being helped daily. And even Union Rescue Mission have less donations coming in they continues to help human beings survive in this economy. This $40,000 should have gone to them. You can donate to them got http://www.urm.org

March 2, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  101. D

If Michael Jackson was alive he would have paid more for it..

March 2, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Biebers Pube

I've got pube!!

March 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Aiden

When he hits puberty, I wonder how much a lock of his pubes will go for.

March 2, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Carrie

I was just about to scream and cry about how horrible the world is, but the fact that all of that money goes to help abused animals made it okay.

March 2, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  105. gio

Who the hell has $40,000 to blow on this kids lock of hair?? like him or not, its amazing what this guy does to people.

March 2, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  106. joules

Just watch- someday we'll here about how someone used that lock of hair to clone Justin Bieber. 40k isn't seeming like a bad investment to me any longer!

March 2, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Yvonne

Justin Beiber.Who is this person?

March 2, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eviscerated

LOL.. Not really. Really!?! I'd like to live in your world. My daughter loves this kid. Like he's a mini Elvis Presley or something.

March 2, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  108. nokoolaidcowboy

And they say there is a recession...

March 2, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  109. billy b dick

I think whoever won it should murder someone and sprinkle the hair all over the scene.

March 2, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  110. daSilva

What's wrong with our culture is people hear 'charity' and it somehow balances the insanity? Can I rob a bank and donate? Oh it's for a good cause officer. But animals? Seriously maybe in Ellen's world. There are plenty of kids going to school hungry IN USA. And all we can think of is poor little pets? Oh please!

March 2, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Ivy

Sam 4 Saturday

I will totally cut a lock of my hair for $40,000, any takers?? It's long dark brown.... beautiful actually! I'll put it in a box with my signiture on it and everything too! Heck ill make a whole wig for ya! Who am I? I'm a mom ...I might not be famous to you but to my kiddos..... I'm pretty dang cool and sing like a pro! Heck I'll go on Ellen and show off my skills...if that's what it takes!!! :) Justin B..... My hair will out bid yours any day of the week! You just wait brother! :) email me if you want to bid on my hair!!!! Let's start the bid at 40,000.... I'll donate 1/2 to charity... and 1/2 for my kids college fund!!!! Can I get 40,000? Going once.... Going twice.....come on it's the hair of a southern beauty from GA!!!!

March 2, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Jeff

Time to start cutting my hair and sell it on EBay!

March 2, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  113. mark knisley

i could see paying that for elvis's hair

March 2, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  114. steven

ephebophile Herbert from Family Guy bought it....

March 2, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  115. AMBER

It's pretty dang clear that Justin Bieber isn't a girl! So ppl stop hatin' on him nd give him his Credit fa what he's acheived so far in life! Losers like you need to GROW UP! The money went to CHARITY not to him! I bet y'all are only made because YOUR girlfriend are probably at his concerts screamin' their heads off! Nd for you losers who don't have girlfriends, it's probably because you're annoyin',a hater,or jst a flat out loser! So shut up nd give credit where credit is due!

March 2, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

You type like you're fat. Do you like bacon with everything?

March 2, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • I'm a Belieber

Well said Amber. JB is a very talented young man. "Right now" he seems to be a good role model for my children, and I love that he gives back to charities such as The Gentle Barn. Josh, seriously, what is your problem? Why attach Amber personally for her opinions? And how do fat people type?

March 3, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • X

OOOOOOH BACON, just had some with cheesy eggs and a biscuit and gravy...MMMMMM sooo good, as for Amber, are you 12 maybe 13 years old...i listen to his song baby for 2 secs and want to jump off a cliff onto jagged rocks belowl Justin Beaver will only be around so long so try to enjoy his music if thats what you call that noise

March 3, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  116. K M

What is this world coming to?

March 2, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Jade

The money is going to charity. You may not agree with the charity of choice however this is a worthy cause.
    Well done ELlen.

March 2, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Sabor72

He will go the way of Leif once he has no more fans! Count on seeing him again on celebrity rehab.

March 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Sabor72

Isn't his 15 minutes of fame up yet? Why can't he go away? Can't sing, and he is popular why again??

March 2, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  120. DERRICK

SERIOUSLY??

March 2, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  121. 6.million.peso.man

Hey everybody! I just quit my job and decided to sell hair from now on! I mean I'm sure there's plenty more tards out there with 40k to waste right?

March 2, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • It Was For CHARITY, Idiot...

... or did you conveniently overlook that part because you hate the kid so much?

Look, I don't care for him either, but at least he's using his position to help the unfortunate. Can't find fault with that.

March 3, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  122. Kim

Man, I really wanted this but I had those damn med school student loans to pay of first.

March 2, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carrie

You're smart enough to get into medical school, but you still want a lock of Justin's hair? *shudders* I wouldn't want you to be my doctor.

March 2, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@Carrie: not familiar with sarcasm eh? *shudder*

March 2, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Summer Sun

I would not pay even a dollar for a lock of his hair. But on the other hand, I love the fact that the money will go to the great charity The Gentle Barn. They really need it. Go, Ellen!! You have an incredible heart.

March 2, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  124. tyler

We are 14 trillon dollars in debt and u buy a lock of hair for 40k

March 2, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  125. SIR

I would agree with you all except it said 100% goes to a charity. So someone may have paid $40K, but they were paying it to charity, not just to fill someone's pocket. It could be that the person who bought it simply wanted to make a grand gesture and this was a very public way of doing so. Just another opinion.

March 2, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Markster

And THAT is why china well replace us as the worlds superpower 40k for a little canadian girls hair seriously america

March 2, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  127. bob

No, but I would buy it for $5 and resell it to someone who is stupid enough to buy it for $40k.

March 2, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vac

Touché 'bob'. Sounds like an awesome plan Hahahahaha!

March 3, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Did You Miss The Part...

... about it being for charity?

If it was just for the sake of selling hair, I'd agree with you, but a good charitable group just made 40 grand. You're not against helping out a charity... are you?

March 3, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  128. Greg

I wish I had $40,000 to throw away.

That would more than get me out of debt!

March 2, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Lacey

Whoever bought this should be ashamed. Children in our country go to bed hungry. And you pay for this untalented little girls hair. Shameful!!!!!!

March 2, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Geegee81

Your ignorant... everyone knew the money was going to charity before they started bidding! And that lock of hair will probably be worth way more than that person paid for it in a few years!

March 2, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • b-blessoe

he why be rude he did a good thing and you are just being rude

March 3, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  130. LBW

John Travolta bought it.

March 2, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  131. WLM

someone paid that much for a lock of this fool's hair?? What has america come to?

March 2, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eviscerated

I really doubt that, whoever has 40k to throw around, did it for his hair. It was for a charity. What has America come to indeed, where people get fried for taking part in an intended comical auction, where proceeds all go to charity. lighten up people, and see the bigger picture here. Granted, I could think of better charities, like make a wish, or Ronald Mcdonalds house, or St judes. Something that helps kids in need would have been nice. But it's still going to a good cause. that's the whole point here.

March 2, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna

Couldnt agree more!!!!
      What people will waste money on amazes me.

March 3, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • GodsGrace05

Well said @Eviscerated! Who cares why someone paid for it? The fact of the matter is a large sum of money was given to charity. Charitable donations are hard to come by these days. At least the rich are making a difference somewhere.

March 3, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |