A new suspect on 'Pretty Little Liars'
March 1st, 2011

A new suspect on 'Pretty Little Liars'

This was a big week for our favorite pretty little liars.

No, they didn’t find out who A is, if Jenna is actually blind, why Ian is such a creep, or anything else, for that matter.

They did, however, see each of their love interests in a new light. (Hanna more so than the others, but I’ll get back to that.)

After turning in the fake evidence that A planted last episode, the girls were individually questioned at the police department. Luckily, each of them told the truth, choosing only to omit Spencer and Ian’s brief flirtation.

Garrett, a young police officer who may or may not have been present in past episodes (anyone recognize him?), sees the girls at the station. When the chief investigator realizes they know each other, he tells Garrett to figure out why they’re lying. Oh, and to get him a cup of coffee.

To avoid Jenna, Spencer helps Toby check in to a motel. But before Spencer pulls away, she hears the sound of Jenna's flute coming from none other than Room 214. And if that wasn't enough, the mysterious black bag Ian handed Jenna last week was sitting on the bed.

Aria and Fitz have always been a tad annoying, but it’s gotten worse of late. Their romance isn’t believable at all. They have nothing in common - short of attending the same school - and, more importantly, there’s no chemistry between them. Therefore, I don’t care that Fitz is suddenly infatuated with Jenna and her "fictional" story. That’s what you get for dating your teacher, Aria.

Hanna and Caleb, on the other hand, don’t seem to be lacking in the spark department.

Hanna had been doing a good job of keeping her unauthorized houseguest a secret from her mom. If only Caleb had remembered to put the toilet seat down. After a very angry Ashley finds Caleb's bag in the basement, he and Hanna storm out, choosing to spend the night in the middle of the woods. (Question: When you’re on a murder drama, what in the world would possess you to hang out in the woods? Common sense?)

Speaking of common sense, Hanna seems to have misplaced hers. She makes the decision to take her relationship with Caleb to another level - at least that’s what their intertwined shadows would suggest. I’m pretty sure she’s going to regret that in the next episode when she finds out about Caleb’s ulterior motives.

Moving on to couple No. 3: After a blissful night of karaoke, Paige and Emily make out for the second time. Sorry, Maya; I guess absence makes the heart grow… apart?

Of course, Emily eventually breaks things off with Paige, who isn’t willing to come out of the closet just yet. You go Emily! (Dear Paige: I understand your apprehension, but Emily is a catch. You’d be lucky to show her off.)

Last, but not least, Spencer and Toby spend the night in his hotel room. In an attempt to be smooth, Toby asks Spencer if her clothes are comfortable before swiftly suggesting she remove them. Despite spying on him while he changes, Spencer isn’t ready to pull a Hanna. However, she does awkwardly wake up with her arms around him.

On their way out, the pair peeks into an open Room 214 to find that the music they previously heard is coming from a recording, and that the bag contains only ice cubes and a cryptic note from A: “You're getting colder.”

When Hanna returns home to shower, she tells her mom she thought that, of all people, she would understand Caleb’s situation. Ashley then invites Caleb back to stay in their guest room. What is it about Ashley’s past that we don’t know yet? And where has the "architect" been?

More importantly, what is it about Caleb that we don’t know yet? Overcome by Ashley’s kindness, he makes a phone call outside Hanna’s house: “I can’t do this anymore. It’s over. I’m out.”

I knew he was shady! (Any ideas?)

Meanwhile, at Spencer’s house, Melissa tells Spencer that Ian was at Hilton Head with her, not Alison. She said they went there to get an abortion, but she had a miscarriage before the procedure. (Do you believe her? Or is she just covering up for Ian again?)

The police surely aren’t taking Spencer’s side on this one. Not now that they know she lied about her fling with Ian.

When the girls arrive outside Spencer’s house, they receive messages from A: “Breaking news b******, Spencer Hastings now a person of interest in my death.”

The episode ends with A watching and rewinding footage of the girls outside Spencer’s house. I’m not sure what’s worse, the fact that A was able to acquire a video of this, or that he or she didn't bother removing those black gloves to eat popcorn. Hope it wasn’t buttered. That could get messy.

What did you think of last night’s episode?

1. Rigobertoz Mangenv

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out much. I'm hoping to give one thing back and aid others such as you aided me.

July 6, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. pretty little addict

Omg I totally LOVE Aria & Ezra!!!!! I was starting 2 like hanna & caleb but after that phone call, I just hope he changes – 4 the better lol ! I think something's kinda not right with paige! She seems weird & mysterious in a way! Overall, I LOVE the show & love all 4 girls esp Aria & Hanna... Ooooh & not 4getin gorjis mr ezra fits! Pretty little liars rock.

August 25, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. delaney

i dont think the girls had anything to do with a"s dissiperence what bout u guys

June 10, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lorin

I'm wondering the same thing K

March 14, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. k

why havent they post the blog about hannah slapping in the face yet

March 14, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. prep-o-lala

Funny post. Seems that it's easier for us to catch the illogical points of PLL, than the producers themselves.
    – I'm fine with Aria&Ezra, although, yes, it's becoming rather boring. I was actually fine with her and Noel, and thought they were cute. If only they could put off the Aria-romance for some time...
    – I really don't understand the Caleb deal, nor the Jenna deal. I have a feeling that she's NOT A. The fact that they made her an obvious suspect as A makes me think this- it needs to be someone less obvious than her.

March 14, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Michelle

Hey, check out this video I came across on YouTube:

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF447RTupAg&w=640&h=360]

March 10, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Michelle

Hey, check out this video I came across on YouTube:

March 10, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lorin

I think Aria and Exra do have chemistry, however I find the whole teacher/student relationship a bit odd and disturbing. I know Mr.Fitz thought Aria was much older when they first met in Iceland BUT.... you would think he would have ended the relationship once he saw Aria sitting in his HIGH SCHOOL class. In realtiy that's what I think would have happened, however, him staying with Aria makes him look like a pedohfile... I'm not trying to bash your favorite couple Anne, it's just my opinion.

March 5, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  10. Anne

Ezra and Aria no chemistry? Darling they are the only reason I watch the show.
    Hanna and Caleb? I think not. Boring and overdone, she barely knows him and has moved him into her house and slept with him; I don't find her to have intellect at all.

March 3, 2011 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lorin

Lindsay- I am in the middle of reading the books and I love them. I also love the show though. I like how the show isn't following the book's order of events. I see every now and than things that happen in the books are put into the tv show but I like that even after reading the books you really don't know what will happen on the tv show. I definitely don't think A will be the same as it is in the books. But I love that both the book and the tv show keep you guessing.

March 2, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lorin

^ lol

March 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jenna

im not blind

March 2, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. kim

i knew that something about caleb didnt seem right. and i had a feeling that spencer is starting to like toby. i cant wait for next week episode i know that hanna slaps jenna and her glasses comes off. i bet she can see and is pretending that she cant. as for melissia i think she was lying to protect ian and i think she knows something because In one eposide her and ian was down stairs talking about ally and how if they found out there would be a lot of questions asked.

March 2, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lindsay

Can you guys please just read the books. They are WAY better than the show.

March 2, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  16. Lorin

Wouldn't it be cool if in the next episode when Hanna punches Jenna in the face and her glasses fall off, Jenna ends up being Alison? Maybe Jenna's hair is a wig and that falls off too and it shows Allys blonde hair?

March 2, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  17. Kara

Nice recap! I don't think Hanna was referring to something mysterious in Ashley's past. She was reminding her mother that, like Caleb, they too might have been penniless and homeless due to the imminent foreclosure on their house. But instead Ashley was "lucky" enough to get out of it by stealing the money and not getting caught (yet!).

March 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jose

Si. these amigos should not lie. Es no bueno. No bueno.

March 1, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. little elf

Dirty smelly liars. Im going to tell on them.

March 1, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  20. : )

i love caleb. this show has got me hooked, and he is part of the reason. i was always rooting for him, and i hope he isn't too shady. as for aira's relationship... it's getting kind of old at this point. it's wonderful, but not all that interesting anymore. spencer is in such trouble, and it makes me think back to her being the only one to stand up to allison. is this A's revenge for that? emily. paige is such a handful, i have no idea how emily would ever sink so low as to even attempt dating paige.

March 1, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mellyb

Aria and Ezra for starters are not annoying, chemistry is what they have. Just lay off my Ezria they are the reason and A's awesome messages are why I watch

March 1, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. emily

i think her spencer's sis is covering for ian.....and spencer and toby are the best couple out of all of them =) jenna is involved with A somehow..not sure how but she has to be. caleb has always been sketchy for me....not sure about him. can't wait until next weeks episode!!!!!!!!

March 1, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  23. callie

let me first start by saying how funny your blogs are. I wait for you to upload your review because they're so funny and better than most reviews. If any goes on youtube and types pretty little liars 20 canadian promo we find out jenna isn't blind. I was expecting this and i think caleb was working with jenna its probably why he didn't hack into her phone.

March 1, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • meg

That's good thinking about why Caleb didn't hack into Jenna's phone. In our preview for next week we do find out that it was Jenna who hired him, at least the previews made it seem that way. If Jenna is not blind she is ridiculous! All of those gadgets for blind people and all. Although, it would be amazing if you were able to pull off being blind while really being able to see. Especially since she sometimes messes up, like when Spencer was with Toby on the porch and she called out "Emily". This show has me hooked.

March 1, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |