Valentino
February 28th, 2011

Which Anne Hathaway Oscars look is your fave?

Whatever you think of her Academy Award hosting skills, Anne Hathaway was not slacking in the wardrobe change department.

The "Love & Other Drugs" star went through 7 different looks on the Oscars stage last night, showing up in everything from a curve-hugging satin blue gown to a custom Lanvin tux, not to mention the red Valentino she wore for her red carpet entrance.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Hathaway was styled by Rachel Zoe and assistant stylist for the event Jill Lincoln, and so far the reaction has been positive. The Washington Post counted Hathaway as being among their best-dressed of the night, the New York Post thinks she and Zoe nailed it, for the most part, and FabSugar deemed Hathaway's constant switcheroos a "stylish assortment."

Do you agree? Which look was your favorite? Did her frequent wardrobe changes make the show any easier to watch?

Filed under: Awards Season • Oscars 2011

1. arnold ziffle

She's a beanpole with a uni-brow! Damn sure ain't fit to play Catwoman. Just go away, please.

March 1, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. r u serious?

That is 1 muggly chick..it is a good thing she wear beautiful clothes as a distraction....from her face

March 1, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. D

The dark red Versace dress- she looks mature and exotic in that dress...

March 1, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  4. Liara Pierce

With her Fabulous Red Gown, Anne Hathaway makes her stunning on the awards night. I am more impressed with her today than before. Good thing she didn't pursue in becoming a nun; otherwise, we wouldn't have come to know a great actress like her. I just read her newest release of biography at http://biography.co/anne-hathaway-unauthorized-biography

March 1, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  5. mallory

Her breasts look amazing in dress #7, so that one

February 28, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Victor

The dress changes were so fast and so often that I was literally dizzy by the end of the night. Only one I really liked was the last one (probably cause I knew the lame show was finally over).

February 28, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. imeanwhat

James Franco in drag? Way to keep it classy, Oscars. Check out the most awkward moments from the youngest/worst hosts in history @imeanwhat http://bit.ly/ghM0xL

February 28, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. heycarrieann

I thought she looked lovely in everything, and I for one thought she was adorable. But, be still my beating heart...those shoes!

February 28, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. NJDomer

Give Anne a break...her singing was one of the few pleasant surprises of the evening and the whole bit with Jackman was a hoot. Now Franco is another story...love him as an actor but added nothing to the telecast. Also loved Bullock's intro of the best actor nominees, especially the shout out to the Dude.

February 28, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. justme

I am curious, why do all these actresses think if you wear a red dress then you have to make your face pasty white and put on your brightest red lipstick? They look terrible, All you see are lips.

February 28, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. schmacko

The Versace and the Armani were the ones I loved, though there wasn't a bad look in the bunch.

Now, Scarlett Johansson, her fried hair, and the two-tone lace thing – blegh! The way it looked on television – to call that look crappy would be to malign the reputation of feces.

February 28, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Bonesy

I loved the blue Armani gown! I want it!! I thought she looked fab in everything. Rachael Zoe did a great job styling her!

February 28, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. moon627

BLUE ! is her color – that Armani number was amazing ! The red Versace was gorgeous too ! But the Tom Ford dress was much too see-thru !

February 28, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lily Daisy

Valentino -at the top. Red is definitely her color.

February 28, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Brooke

I agree... the Atelier Versace gown was absolutely gorgeous! The Givenchy was beautiful too! I did not care much for the others! But I am with Margot... those shoes were HOTT!

February 28, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Margot

The white Givenchy and the red Versace are the only ones I like on her. LOVE the shoes she wore with the Lanvin suit though.

February 28, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Valley Girl

Atelier Versace dress was a dream – my fave on Hathaway's...

February 28, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Marie

She doesn't buy those dresses. Most fashion houses ( And jewelry, for that matter. ) is borrowed.

February 28, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Erica

They are all lovely, but who cares?! I could feed, clothe, house, and entertain a family of 4 for about 10 years with the money she spent on those outfits. Probably send them on a couple luxury vacations per year, too, when you count the jewelry, shoes, makeup, and hairstyling costs.

February 28, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

10 years is probably an exaggeration. I agree with the sentiment though. Too many Americans struggling to find one decent outfit to wear day to day for me to have any appreciation for a woman who wears 7 designer dresses in one night.

February 28, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • joni

It seemed a bit ridiculous , with the economy so bad, and un-rest all over the world, and people without jobs, and losing homes, that Anne Hathaway would change her expensive gowns so many times and have stylists doing her hair and make up back stage. What a waste !!!
      I thought she and James Franco were boring hosts. They "tried" to be funny, but were NOT. I didn't like her singing part in the man's tuxedo and then James coming out in a pink gown. That was DUMB. I got embarrassed and felt uncomfortable at times watching them both. I SURE hope they don't come back next year.
      They were as bad as watching Ricky Gervais.
      Why did Halle Berry have to come out, all by herself, just to give tribute to Lena Horne?? Oh ya, it's because they are both "women of color"............ Halle loves to flaunt that one.

February 28, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ms Ray

Very few stars actually buy those dresses and tuxes. They're either rented or they're under contract with the designer, which is one of the reasons why the media makes such a big deal out of "what were they wearing."

February 28, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dilley Sue

It's very likely Ms. Hathaway didn't buy a single one of those outfits. As soon as top designers and jewellers know which stars are getting a lot of camera time on Oscar night, they campaign hard for those people to wear their designs. Her dresser must have been going nuts though with all the changes.

February 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Victor

She actually didn't spend a dime on those dresses. They don't belong to her. The Academy and the show's production company foots the bill.

February 28, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |