Michelle Rodriguez on aliens: They'd be smart, loving
February 28th, 2011

Michelle Rodriguez on aliens: They'd be smart, loving

Those alien-invasion scenes may not have seemed that far-fetched for "Battle: Los Angeles" star Michelle Rodriguez. The actress told CNN she believes there really is life out there.

"I have my own little theory about aliens," said Rodriguez, who plays an Air Force tech sergeant trying to save the people of California. "I just believe that an alien creature, if it did exist, would have to resonate at a higher frequency [and would] therefore not have that human psychological need to destroy and dominate so much."

The former "Lost" star also believes ETs have more of a softer side than humans.

"I would think that they would be just smarter than us and a little bit more slick and full of love and light," said Rodriguez, whose out-of-this-world movie lands in theaters March 11. "We're kind of at the bottom of the food chain as far as evolution goes. If there were...aliens, I think they would be a little bit slicker than us. "

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Charlotte12

Good for you, MRod! It would be ignorant to think that we the only intelligent life/most intelligent life. There are so many things we don't know yet about our universe. There probably are things in different dimensions right under our noses, just waiting for us to invent the right technology to communicate.

August 7, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Кризис

I am totally delighted with strong your blog greatly that warned me! Thank you “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value. Rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” – C. S. Lewis

January 26, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mystery Shopper Employment Agency Reviews

I think this is one of the most vital information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

March 4, 2011 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. D

Friggin nerds...

March 1, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JC

since the theory of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe seems very plausible, I would gather that some of the species perhaps are non-predators or have evolved past the need for violence. Of course with the diversity of behaviors in each and every species on our own planet, we would gather that some of these would indeed be aggressive. All in all, if we the human race are the "most intelligent" beings out there, well that's pretty sad considering we are still mass murdering one another and destroying our habitat. Not exactly a very good role model for an "evolved" species.

March 1, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. The Ears Have It

Look at her ears. I think we've already found our aliens!

March 1, 2011 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. ha

Greg, I would invite you to do just that. She was raised in Jersey's ghetto streets. She'd probably kill you. And I would be happy, because you're an effin idiot for saying that.

February 28, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whateva

Whateva bish. I grew up on the hard streets of Irvine and I turned out allright...

March 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Frankanbeans

LOL Greg ! :)

February 28, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. greg

I would love to meet michelle rodriguez and punch her in the face..see how tough she really is.

February 28, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JohnA.Evans3rd

Sorry I dont thinj whe are going to come and start a fight they brougt us here maybe 2 million yrs. ago thats why we only use 1/3 of our mind I THINK if they come back they will help us whth disease mental problems and teach us to be able to live in Harmony with each other we were brought here as their workforce MY THOUGHTS I COULD BE WRONG

February 28, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JohnA.Evans3rd

I believe that aliens are coming DEC.21,2012 AND THEY are going to look a lot like us and then they will unlock are Brains for the last 2000 yrs. Weve only use 1/4 of are brains they'll help us use another 1/4 and then we'll have 5billion more years to master our dark and destructive side they're not going to take us to another galaxy until they know we can be trusted we are primitive warlike species they are not going to trust us until they see us get are act together LIAR'S MURDERER'S EVIL PEOPLE 2000 YRS. AND the Middle EAST is finally starting to act like Responsible countries jurt a little bit longer MAYBE WHEN THEY COME THEY will do away with the religous squabbling get rid of the bad people maybe get rid of 1/3 of the Human population " JUST MY OPINION I COULD BE WRONG

February 28, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ViciousWolf

oh and @ FM, according to Stephen Hawking, he believes that if aliens were to visit our planet they would be nomadic like Vikings. Pillaging and plundering planets! Or even as you said like the Europeans were a threat to the Africans and the Native Americans. i actually read that article on here somewhere a while ago :p
    i'll bring bug guns too if that hiding place is big enough! :D

February 28, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • FM

@Vicious: Nah, bring ammo and toilet paper. Lots of it. If the aliens show up it could be awhile before we learn their true intentions.

Of course if they just start blasting things like in ID4 then we'll have our answers pretty quick.

February 28, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ViciousWolf

what if the proof is too much for our human brains to even recognize or handle? for all we know, the sun could open up and a bunch of aliens could come flying out! or they could arrive in an egg or even have acid for blood like in the movies lol
    if it happens, it happens.
    there's not much we can do about it

February 28, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. FM

I'm with Kate on this one. If there are any beings out there capable of crossing the vast distances between stars in realtively short time, then they are a potential threat to us in the way the Europeans were a threat to the Africans and native American.

What has happened on this planet when technologiclly superior people showed up at the doorstep of a lesser advanced people? Why would you it would be any different if a non-human people arrived with a fleet of ships in orbit?

Kate if you got the hiding place I'll bring the food and really big guns.

February 28, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. SomeGuy

Personally, I find the concept of aliens much easier to believe in than the concept of god.

February 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Michael

You are both right. There are two major alliances out there, the Galactic Federation, with more "mammallian" types of species, and the Anchara, with draconians and more "avian" types. Over millions of years they have fought vicious wars throughout this galaxy, but that is coming to an end. A great number of fleets are around our planet right now, getting ready to reveal themselves, hopefully in the coming months. This is gonna be great! Fasten your seatbelts indeed. =)

February 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

Yes! A perfect example! Michael, what have you been reading? Science Fiction novels or graphic novels? Or comic books? Lizards and birds vs furry creatures. Shiny!

February 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • YouWish

Let me guess, coming Dec 21st, 2012 to a planet near you... ;-) Sorry Michael there are no alliances out there. Where are you getting your information? What proof do you have? Incredible claims require incredible proof. Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen. It's like religion and the return of Christ. It's always in our lifetime! People have a need to live in the "most incredible times". That's why everything is always going to happen to our generation. But it doesn't...

February 28, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Fuc king nerds omg...

March 1, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  17. Superhiro

Agreed Kate. I dunno what it is with people and feeling like they need to make a guess about something that they couldn't possibly know.

February 28, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

It is kinda fun to read statements from such people, though, don't you agree?

February 28, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. cheefsfury

MAYBE THEY WOULD APRECIATE HER OUT OF THIS WORLD ACTING TALENT

February 28, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Denizen Kate

There probably are many other intelligent species out there, and if they have the technological know-how to come here for a visit, there's a good change they are smarter than we are, but to assume benevolence on their part just shows a lack of common sense, caution, and good judgement. Michelle reminds me of the people in the movie "Independence Day" who went to the top of the tallest building in L.A. carrying "Welcome" signs – the first to die. The low-hanging fruit. I think I would prefer to find a good hiding place until they proved they weren't here to kills us.

February 28, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

I don't think my comment warranted that vicious response.

At the risk of having a battle of wits with an unarmed person, @funnyman, if you're going to result to name-calling like the little 12year-old misogynist you probably are, try using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

February 28, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • ralph

You mean chance instead of change, right? You also have run on sentences and fragments. While the fellow who was vicious was out of line, you should be careful yourself before commenting on other people's grammar. LOL

I think it's funny that she plays such tough killing machines on so many movies and yet she has this soft, innocent idea about aliens.

I personally think that if there is life beyond Earth we won't ever know them.

February 28, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |