Mark Ruffalo: The Hulk will look like me!
February 28th, 2011

Mark Ruffalo: The Hulk will look like me!

Eric Bana and Edward Norton might be green with envy when they see Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk in the upcoming "The Avengers" movie. Though the superhero looked nothing like Bana or Norton in the two "Hulk" movies, Ruffalo's version will actually resemble him.

"I'll be playing it," the Oscar nominee tells MTV of the Marvel character. "I'm the first actor to actually do it in motion-capture as the Hulk."

To portray Bruce Banner's alter ego, Ruffalo will wear a performance-capture suit similar to the ones used to help create Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana's animated  "Avatar" characters.

"All the features are mine, just really big," adds Ruffalo. "I got to see the maquette [model] of the Hulk yesterday in full scope, and it's awesome."

Besides Ruffalo, "The Avengers," due in theaters May 4, 2012, will also star Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America and Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow.

"It's cool. It's gonna be great," Ruffalo says of the film. "The script is a nice combination of funny with pathos."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Robert M

Hated the first Hulk. Liked the second one alot. When I associate the character of Bruce Banner with an actor, Ruffalos' not the guy who comes to mind. Norton did a good job and I wish he would have committed to the multi-picture offer. I'm an old-school Marvel fan from the sixties and seeing Stan's creations on screen with the justice that c.g. can do in regards to special effects is awesome. The actor who comes closest to nailing a Marvel character, in my opinion, is Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark. Well, here's hoping that the future films won't disappoint. Excelsior!

May 1, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ginger

Can't wait tosee Mark as the Hulk! He always brings his A game, a true professional.

March 8, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. El Jefe

What could posses somebody to think that this old d0uchebag is an ideal Incredible Hulk?

March 1, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. sunless

get to this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

March 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. video4all

The first Hulk was modeled after Eric Bana and it did look like him. Ang Lee did the mocap himself 10 years ago, so what's the big deal?

March 1, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. W

really this is the only choice they could go with??? What a bore this will be, Might as well be Ed Norton again.. Its going to be terrible! One Movie I will have to pass on!

March 1, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. D

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

March 1, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  8. Pix

I cannot stand Ruffalo. Can't stand him in any of the movies he's been in lately; hated him in "The Kids..", so I will be saving my money on this one.

February 28, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. JohnA.Evans3rd

I cant wait to see the AVENGERS -I'm sorry didnt care for Eric BANA'S HUKK EDWARD NORTONS WAS the best so far really pumped to see RUFFALO'S !" Cant wait to see Chris Evans Captain America + THOR and the Black WIDOW -WITH SCARLET JOHANSEN "I LIKED her alot until she cheated on Ryan Reynolds but none of my business I PROBABLY dont know the whole story"

February 28, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |