February 27th, 2011

Camille Grammer: I'm keeping Kelsey's last name

“Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Camille Grammer joined “Showbiz Tonight” on the red carpet for the “Road to Gold” on Sunday as the stars began to arrive for the Oscars.

Grammer is no stranger to attending a high-pressure situation, and recalled what it was like to walk the red carpet at last year's Tony awards with former spouse Kelsey Grammer, even though they were in the midst of a break-up.

“Once we got out of the limo, the cameras start, and you just smile. You smile and you make your way through it. I made the best of it,” the reality star said. "Certain interviewers were asking questions, and I kept saying to Kelsey, we've been married for 13 wonderful years, and we love each other so much, isn't this wonderful Kels?"

But as of Friday, Kelsey has entered into a new marriage with Kayte Walsh - the couple wed in a private ceremony for family and friends at the Longacre Theatre in New York, according to a statement.

For Camille, that day was a sad one. "We were together for 14 years, it was very bittersweet for me," she said. "But look where I am today."

But, she did note, “I am keeping the name Grammer. My children are Grammers, so I will remain Camille Grammer.”

Of course, Camille was on hand as a fashion and celebrity commentator, and she didn’t bite her tongue about some of the red carpet looks this year's nominees were sporting.

While she “loved Michelle [Williams'] gown head to almost toe,” it was the footwear that threw it off for Camille. “The shoes look like she bought them from Payless.”

And as for nominee Jennifer Lawrence's red-hot gown, "she looked stunning," Camille said. "Her stylist said that are nipples are in this season, so let 'Showbiz Tonight' be the first one to say that - nipples are in!"

Filed under: Awards Season • Celebrities • Oscars 2011 • television

1. Ronca7676

Very good read, I always enjoy your site's posts. I'd like to read more like this soon!

September 6, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jeordiek Erkerz

I have recently started a web site, the information you provide on this web site has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all of your time & work.

July 6, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bes

Eventhough, Camille is no great shakes, Kelsey is having some wicked midlife crisis....and P.S. he's gay. I give the marriage a nannosecond. But she is British, so they are used to these oddities in their Blokes. Cheers.

March 1, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. derp

"I'm keeping Kelsey's last name"

That's because otherwise nobody would know who you are.

February 28, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cheaterville

Keeping the mans last name that publically humiliated you is kind of odd to me. I would think that she would take half of his money and change both her first and last name so she can go into hiding. I cant believe who he cheated on her with YUCK! www. cheaterville.com is perfect for this situation! Cheaterville is a brand new site that launched on Valentines Day and is dedicated to stopping casual and habitual cheaters. Post about a cheater anonymously and FREE! Get email notifications when a post is made about you or anyone you know for free!! Dont be the last to know.....

February 28, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Happy 4 Her

Camille looked stunning and was spot on in her analysis. I'm glad CNN had her on. You know people want to see whether to love her or hate her. Nice marketing play CNN. I found Camille delightful . She didn't shy away from AJ's questions on her personal life..I respect her honesty and sincerity. She is pleasant and fun.

February 28, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kate

Camille did a fine job in giving input regarding the fashion at the grammys, it was spontenous and fun. It would have been perfect if she and AJ faced the camera so the viewing audience could see their faces better, otherwise, great job Camille.

February 28, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. KELLY LIPS

She did a fine job. Better than most the other yahoos out there. Kelsey Grammer is an idiot and people want to blame Camile. So did I. But fact is, he has always been an idiot.

February 28, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • andy

He's sure done well for being an idiot. I'll guess, but not assume he's done better than you.

March 2, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. parishater

you know i think she is a dim wit...but noone deserves their husband to make a baby with another woman and then leave you and marry someone else 2 weeks after the divroce is final...no matter what we think of her personllly it was low and shallow of both kelsey and his new wife...well the new wife will feel the blow in 10 years or so when he trades her in for a new model....such a creeper

February 28, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dianne

I'm sure Camille must have at least one redeeming quality.....waiting....waiting....waiting. Someone please stop her.

February 28, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. tntornado

Wow what a twit! please no more of subjecting us to her! I always love to watch A.J. & Brooke, but I could not watch Camille.YOU REALLY NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF GIRL ~

February 28, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. Timme62

Give her a year and she'll find another rich nitwit to marry her.

February 28, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sleddawg63

Two minutes of her on the red carpet and I couldnt take it anymore. No more of her please. CNN doesn't need to stoop that low.

February 28, 2011 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  14. Nancy

Why did we have to be subjected to Camille Grammer on the Oscar coverage tonight?? Really why???? Please don't do that to your loyal viewers again.

February 28, 2011 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  15. Ann

She's such a self absorbed idiot

February 28, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |