'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Sheen done in Hollywood for good?
February 25th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Sheen done in Hollywood for good?

There is explosive Charlie Sheen outrage today after his bizarre and rambling rants on radio’s “The Alex Jones Show” and a scathing open letter to the creator of his show, “Two and a Half Men”!

Charlie actually calls Executive Producer Chuck Lorre a “contaminated little maggot,” and that is just a small taste of his explosive media meltdown! It’s easy to see why CBS has decided to cancel production of “Two and a Half Men” for the rest of the season!

I am scared for Charlie. It sounds like he has completely lost his marbles. I hope someone can reach him at this point to help him and I hope it is not too late. But what do you think? Post your thoughts below.

I also want to remind you of our two, live, huge Oscar shows this Sunday! It’s the "Showbiz Road to Gold" on CNN at 7 p.m. ET and then again on HLN at 11 p.m. ET.

We’ve got an amazing, all-star Oscar panel helping us cover the Academy Awards:  “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Camille Grammer, actress Sheryl Lee Ralph and syndicated radio host Carlos Diaz. Do not miss me, A.J. and this great panel this Sunday, February 27!

I’ll see you live at 5 p.m. ET on "Showbiz Tonight" and again at 11 p.m. ET/PT today on HLN.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. Tracy

I pray that Charlie is able to get the help he needs before we hear that his addiction has taken his life. Nothing about what is happening to him is in the least bit funny. Recovery is possible but he has to spend every day of the rest of his life being aware of it and put all he has into it. I think it is hateful and mean the things the late night comedians say about him. May God give him the strength he will need to deal with this and to have his moment of "clarity" before it is too late. God bless his soul.

March 11, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. marilyn

i hope he does go to Haiti, maybe he will see how lucky he is to live a life that he does and get over paid for acting like himself. I hope he goes there and stays there.

March 5, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. karol

Do
    es he understand he can let himself down, but what about us viewers who LOVE 3 and a half men?? Come on
    Charlie, think of us who have loved and supported you, your fellow cast members,what the F- about us??

March 3, 2011 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. Julie

Leave Charlie's children out of this. In fact quit feeding his ego. Stop talking about him.

March 1, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Annie

You have got to be kidding me? Charlie needs to take responsibility for his actions. He has had multiple chances in his life to step up, but he just keeps falling back on his old habits. He is extremely arrogant to think that he has cured himself and should be grateful to the producers of 2 1/2 men for giving him the opportunity to be working. The old saying " Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me", well Charlie is a fool, and so is the production company, for letting this go on. In the normal world, an employer may allow you to go to rehab once, but after multiple times, they are going to can you. Hollywood needs to wake up.

March 1, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. sassie

The more money he has coming in the more obnoxious he becomes without any care in the world for anyone but himself. He is selfish and thinks the world will stop spinning without him in it. What an arrogant a**!

March 1, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  7. theBlindEye

Not one of you even commented on the questions he asked or probably listened to his "Alex Jones rant", because if you did you wouldn't be here wasting your time backing up the corporate media spin, but finding out what really DID happen to WTC7. Try to look past Hollywood's useless opinion and focus on the MESSAGE he has, it's a valid one. He knew he would ruin his career by mentioning it, so he must believe the information is more important than his career.
    Wake up people, Charlie is trying to tell you something important if you can just see past the spin.

What if every change in America since Sept 11, 2001 that has stripped you of liberties, raised taxes, and spent trillions of unaccountable tax dollars on security in the name of anti-terrorism were all based on a lie? Don't you people want the truth? Or is ignorance truly bliss?

February 27, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Alex

DId a 13-yr old girl write this article...? I hope so, because that would be the only reasonable explanation for so many unnecessary exclamation marks peppered throughout. Talk about faux drama...

February 27, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy

I've see no negativity to the show; just what Mr. Sheen has *done* to the show with his antics. The focus is not only on him, but all of the other people he has now put out of work because him. And all the prayer in the world is not going to help Charlie Sheen until he realizes that he himself has and *is* the problem. Not to mention he seems to have some latent hatred a la Mel Gibson...

February 27, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy

Google "Charlie Sheen Rant"! It's hilarious (and sad)what comes out of this man's mouth! This is the recap from Uproxx:

To recap: Charlie Sheen is a Vatican warlock assassin alchemist F-18 with fire-breathing fists and a secret army who will march up the steps of justice to right the unconscionable wrong of losing his $2 million-a-week job because he’s so great.

Kids, don’t do cocaine.
    ------–

Everything that the above referred to came out of Charlie's mouth. Ha is so messed up that his brain *is* fried-just like that old commercial. I don't want to say it, but in all probability we'll be reading his obit soon if he doesn't get extensive help from an inpatient facility. He's a walking train-wreck!

February 27, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lisababy

I just pray that God will bring charlie to an epiphany and break the vicious cycle of addiction before its too late. still love ya charlie, wishing you much better days.

February 27, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  12. tracy

I know there have been many times I felt like like calling my boss a few choice names but always kept it to myself. What's going to happen to Alan (Ducky) and Jake? Most of the time they made me laugh more than Charlie. Maybe Charlie is wishing he had done that talk show sober.......

February 27, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  13. ayne

He's an ass.

February 27, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jeannie

This is why people go to rehab. They don't do it at home!!! Because of this kind of thing!!! These people are not in their right mind!!You cannot listen to their insults!!! Right now I am sure he hates everybody, but most of all himself!! He is in denial! As much as I dislike the situation! I have past experience with this. People who are addicted are afraid, angry, in pain and paranoid when they are being denied their drug! And they are also depressed! Top that off with being the center of attention when you are at you worst!!!!! Charlie Sheen should be in a rehab center, where he would get the help he so badly needs! Without the media attention that can only make things worse! I feel so bad for his family! Please get yourself better for yourself and your family Charlie!

February 26, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. cindy

Love you Charlie Sheen! You WILL rise above and be OK. Good luck in whatever you do. Pay no attention to these mindless pathetic haters!

February 26, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Fred

If they want to continue 2 1/2 men they should kill him off in the show before he does it for real... it's just a matter of time and would be in poor taste if he was already dead. I would hope he'll never get a job again in Hollywood, but you never know. Either way he better start getting discounts on his blow and pro's otherwise he'll be broke in a few years.

February 26, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. ASHLEY

sorry charlie.. in the real world where you dont get everything you want cause ur a tv star if you get caught with a diry drug test u get fired, on the spot.. Welcome back to Earth!!

February 26, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  18. mark

I hope Hollywood isthrough with him. I know I'm through watching him.

February 26, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  19. donna

Liked the show, butwouldn't watch it again unless they replace sheen's character with another actor-maybe Robert Downey Jr or Jon Bon Jovi-I've seen him act, he's good. Charlie's beyond disgusting & obnoxious behavior has completely turned me off to seeing him in anything. What a horrible & narsistic individule. He didn't even care what he war doing to his cast & crew. And here he was making 1.2 million a week. He's the real maggot.

February 26, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  20. Chris

I don't understand why there is all of this negativity towards the show. The concern here should be Charlie, who obviously needs help. It's a well-known fact that the first stage of addiction is denial. Charlie will only stop when he dies. He doesn't recognize any problems with his actions. He needs someone to convince him that he truly needs help. Love him or hate him, he doesn't deserve to die.

February 26, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  21. donna

February 26, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  22. Nancy

@hadabadday...thank-you,
    I have been a fan of the show from the start & I love all of the people in the show.
    @D...I thought Dr. Drew could have made a cameo to help Charlie! (I love Dr Drew)

I hope Charlie turns his life around soon & I also wish him the best, he is killing himself with his lifestyle.

February 25, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  23. hadabadday

@ nancy...wow...your idea was really good...to bad the writters and people in charge had not thought the same way...i think it would have made a good story line...i agree also that charlie's melt down was really..really baddd...but I still wish him the best and hope for a speedy recovery...:)

February 25, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Cher12

Love Charlie and his show............he has his opinion as the show has had theirs..............................you so called perfect people who love reporting on Charlie and you so called perfect people who have watched him for years need to look in the mirror.

February 25, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  25. D

I want to see him next on Celebrity Rehab. lol

February 25, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Superhiro

Two and a half men has writers? Could've fooled me.

February 25, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Pye7

Sheen's ego is writing checks he can't cash...

February 25, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  28. juip

Well said JustWrong.

February 25, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Nancy

The writers for "Two And A Half Men" should have written Charlie Sheen's problems into the show's script to avoid all of the actors not having a job. They could have had an intervention & put him into rehab on the show! The story line could have then grown to show that you don't have to have a drink in your hand all the time to enjoy life. After all, he isn't a good role model for a growing Jake as he is now.

February 25, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  30. tom

It is not too smart of him to talk about hiis boss like that. Celebrity or not.

February 25, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. GeoB

WHAT A LOSER!!! He doesn't have to act. The show and his so-called real life are one in the same. After the insults he has thrown out, I hope the rest of the cast have washed their hands of him. I'm through watching.

February 25, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Judy

Liked the show but refused to watch after the drinking & drugs took over. My husband continued to watch untill yesterday. Neither of us will support his behavior & opinions that are so offensive. We do hope he gets help but doubt it will happen any time soon as he's a loooooooong way from hitting bottom. This guy seems to be a legend in his own twisted mind.

February 25, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  33. JustSomeGuy

Laff. As if this show would even exist without Sheen.

February 25, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Tag

He is definitely the "Half" in Two and Half Men; he brought this upon himself and now, he has to live with the consequences. Grow up already, Charlie.

February 25, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  35. derp

This is your brain on drugs

February 25, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Superhiro

Who cares? Two and a half men is a fricking awful show and the producer probably is whatever name Sheen called him. Sheen's just trying to be accurate.

February 25, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • DENISE NUGENT

I disagree with you.I think that Two and a Half Men is hilarious.and the show would not be the same without Charlie Sheen.

February 28, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Duane Seigler

February 25, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. whisper

"Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Sheen done in Hollywood for good?"

Obviously not since hes reportedly has a $5mil. per episode for some HBO show on the table.

Please try to keep up.

February 25, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • mARY SAN DIEGO

HBO issued a statement that no such talks exist. Try to keep up!

February 26, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  39. Victor

One can only hope.

February 25, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  40. justwrong1

Have been a major fan of Charlie Sheen, don't care about the Pro's, Drinkin or Drugin, still a fan until the radio rant, what he said was beyond arrogant to a level of hateful that I do not ever want to know how to process. It's a shame, what he's done to himself, his multiple families and his fan public, which he owes nothing, because it only takes that much internal ugly to show an external ugly which is undefinable. GOD Bless, You Will Need It Charlie Sheen!

February 25, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • banhearts

I completely agree with you. I looked the other way at all of the outlandish behaviors of the past because I enjoyed the show so much. After I became aware of the extensive obnoious rants of late, I am boycotting even the reruns, which I have watched on a daily basis. Even my 16 and 18 y/o sons are in agreement. They were disgusted by his actions and thats saying something!

February 26, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |