'Idol' introduces its Top 24
February 25th, 2011

'Idol' introduces its Top 24

The "American Idol" Top 24 has been formed with only one upset – no Jacee Badeaux.

The 15-year-old fan favorite from Louisiana didn't make the cut, losing out on the final male slot to friend and fellow teen contestant, Brett Loewenstern.

Producers managed to drag out two hours on Thursday as the contestants walked the long runway before taking a seat before the judges.

It was good news for several early front runners, including Laina Alaina, Jacob Lusk – who judge Randy Jackson hailed as giving the "single best performance ever on "Idol" for his rendition of "God Bless the Child" – and James Durbin, who has a very Adam Lambert-like screech.

The group is broken down into the Top 12 males and females and also includes Scotty McCreery; Thia Megia; Ashthon Jones; Jordan Dorsey; Stefano Langone; Julie Zorrilla; Lauren Turner; Jovany Barreto; Tim Halperin, Haley Reinhart; Tatynisa Wilson; Robbie Rosen; Rachel Zevita; Pia Toscano; Paul McDonald; Naima Adedapo;  Kendra Chantelle; Karen Rodriguez; and Clint Jun Gamboa.

Also in the group is Casey Abrams, who reportedly became ill and is the subject of speculation that he may have to drop out of the competition.

The Top 12 men will perform on Tuesday March 1, while the Top 12 women will perform on Wednesday March 2. Viewers will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite contestants and the results will be announced on Thursday.

Fans are also able to vote on the ending of Jennifer Lopez's new video "On The Floor," which will debut during Thursday's show. Click here for more information on voting.

And even though singer Chris Medina didn't make it into the Top 24, he's still benefiting from his time on the show.

Rodney Jerkins, who has produced songs for stars such as Michael Jackson and Britney Spears, wrote a song for Medina, who captured the hearts of "Idol" fans with his tale of caring for his fiance, who was injured in a car crash two months before their scheduled wedding.

The song, "What Are Words," and the video debut today. Medina told The Hollywood Reporter, "Rodney Jerkins was too cool. He made me do things I didn't think I was capable of."

1. Connor

Jacee Badeaux isn't bad! (but did you notice his last name starts with bad?)

April 4, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Hanne

Hey, check out Aaron and his brother here, CRAZY vocals, wow!!!!

February 28, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Shanon

I think I'm in love with Aaron Marcellus Sanders. He is so freaking fine!!! I wish he had made it

February 28, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. sharon

Shouldn't your name be "Grammar Police?"

February 27, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. sharon

I thought I would miss the old judges but have been very pleasantly surprised. Steven Tyler and Jennifer, along with Randy, have proven to have much better chemistry than the old crew. I do think they made a couple of mistakes in the top 24. Colton had an awesome voice and Chris won our hearts. as far as I'm concerned, they could have sent funky glasses and the music teacher home and no one would have cared.

February 27, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saftgek

God Help the World – is that POS program EVER going to go off the air?!? The Dumbing Down of the U.S. continues!

February 27, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Catarina

Hey, Im a portuguese American Idol fan, I´ve lived almost all my life in Macau- South China and have watched Idol since its first edition.
    I now live in Portugal and log on the internet to watch the show the day after, when its up online.
    And Im wondering, like I can read, a lot of people are, why didnt Aaron Sanders get chosen?!?!I mean, this year they had a looot of great talent to choose from, but Aaron is great, and I only noticed him when he sang that beatles song with the other two great guys, and when I saw the 24 get chosen I wonderes, why, if he got cut, didnt they show him get the boot? Its odd and strange!
    I hope Casey gets on the show, because he´s absolutly Amazing, I would go and pay to see one of his shows, for sure!
    Beijinhos
    Catarina

February 27, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jamal Ali

Jamal Ali was robbed. youtube.com/jamalmusic

February 27, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Timmy

My mom wouldn't let me audition because I had beans in my ears.

February 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. exactaman

When AI first telecast this year i immediately said 'i miss Simon!'. But in just a few minutes of watchin j lo and Steven, i looked over at my wife and i said 'you know what? i realize now that this isnt about Simon. it is about the talent.' Those of you who have said that you dont even think about Simon is right on it. Simon added a big negativity to the whole thing. His negative remarks about a very talented Allison iraheta really turned me off to him. And now you have judges crying about not sending people thru when Simon delighted in feeling other people's pain. Good show this year. My son started watching it again after 5 years away from it.

February 27, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. Brian

What a freakshow

February 26, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tina

Scotty will get ALL my VOTES, that kid can SING!! And Steven Tyler...YUM YUM!!!

February 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Normal

Why is there always some dude with a faux-hawk? Thats the dumbest looking thing...

February 26, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. sally

Steven needs to learn how to give good news. You don't say, "I'm sorry to say..you made it." WHAT??? Jennifer is
    so nice and gorgeous, but she shouldn't keep telling contestants that SHE was for them, as if R. and S. aren't. I do like
    these judges, though, and I don't miss Simon, although I was one of those who thought the show would be worthless
    without him.

The talent is amazing this season.

Yes, "your" highly educated..right! It's you're, folks, get a clue.

February 26, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. EatWildFish

We are enjoying the mix of new judges and the talent is much better this year. Good show!

February 26, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. SeeAaronSandersSing!

How on earth did Idol not showcase the talent of one they said was, "ON FIRE" ? .......so confused. Truly, confused. We watched week after week to see Aaron Sanders and it's like he wasn't even in Hollywood. How are you going to be top 40 out of hundreds of thousands, but not exist. America just wanted to hear him sing! MAN...so confused. #TEAMAARONSANDERS @AARON_MARCELLUS #TEAMAARONSANDERS @AARON_MARCELLUS

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T28vUTonnVk&w=480&h=390%5D

February 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • CheChe

Aaron Marcellus Sanders "Miss Independent" cover..uhh..yeah

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T28vUTonnVk&w=480&h=390%5D

February 26, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jessica Landau

best season EVER.. judges are AMAZING, contestants are better than any other season.. So many are good that I find it hard to have a favorite. I love Scotty, Lauren, Robbie Rosen, Paul McDonald (whom i personally think is already a star, unique voice and artist look), Tim Halperin and otherss.. Im really nervous, i dont know who im going to vote for..

February 26, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sasha

the only problem with jaycee was that he hadn't hit puberty yet and although it will happen the worst time for that to occur for him or the show is in the middle of the comp

February 26, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Marco555

Jay-lo is giving Idol this weird pageant feel, like an America's Top model vibe which is nauseating to watch. She needs to save the phony speeches and just pick the best singers.

February 26, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  20. HR

Idol is a "struggling" show fighting for existence – after Simon left the show it was dead in the water – the current "judges" are nothing more than "idiotic" – sure hope and dreams are wonderful, but there must be a better more "real" way for our youyh to seek there dreams – this show is now just stupid – simply commercial heaven for fox. the sooner it goes off ther air the better!!!!!

February 26, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

The show has gone from extremely popular to just very popular, but it is hardly "struggling" for existence. Some of us are even happy to see Simon finally go away. Are you really just now realizing that the show is a commercial heaven for Fox? For me the show is no better or worse than it has ever been, but it is still watchable and entertaining.

February 26, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Talent

Great gobsmack do I ever MISS the show ROCKSTAR on CBS!!! They had freaking talent.

February 26, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  22. Gabor47

I was among those who were following AI every year, with growing dissatisfaction. I kept saying: "how come out of over 100,000+ people they can't find 24 talented one to begin with?". I had a hunch, as in: the show wanted to be politically correct, have the "right mix", or for some other reasons, but they just didn't. Listening last year, which was pathetic to say the least, I decided that unless there is a major change, I will stop watching this show. After all, I love music and that's what I want to hear.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't care much about the judges one way or another. Simon was a refreshingly honest character the first couple of years, but than he made his "own show" out of his honesty, which became a wee bit boring and far less musically consistent than it was initially. Let's face it, now we have all three judges are musicians on their own merits (Simon was in the music BUSINESS!). Ellen was funny time to time, but give me a break......music? Based on the same I could have started doing brain surgery (at least I am a physician, but still...). Steve Tyler turned out to be an extremely pleasant surprise. Professional, funny, I think he will make a much better judge than Simon ever was. He will also attract a different, more up to date and fresh songs from the performers (Simon liked more conservative stuff). JLo will be an equivalent and most likely better judge than Paula, who was "sweet", but a lousy judge. Randy is still Randy, at least a musician. Over the years he became a bit more objective.

Finally, about the singers who made the best 24. In my humble opinion it is by far the best starting group they ever had. I really and honestly think that this season could be perhaps the best out of all the previous ones. I just wish they would give a bit more time for the songs and less blabbing from the judges, sometimes it is irritating to listen all songs turned into a remade "shorter version". During the Beatles session I took the time with a stopwatch to measure the total amount of time of singing out of the 2 hours program, which was a bit less than 17 minutes, which included even the broken pieces by those who ultimately didn't make it.

Overall: I think this will be a good season.

February 26, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Anonymous...

Steven Tyler during auditions let a ton of girls through just cuz they were pretty. He kept making rude comments...

February 27, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Ghaleon

Oh no, (singer) didn't make it, (he/she) was my favorite singer and I will totally not be watching the rest of the season! I can't believe that they picked (singer) instead! And bring back Simon, (Steven/JLo) sucks!

Stop whining, we all know you're still going to watch it.

February 26, 2011 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  24. a dog named snooks

Every year they say the same thing "this is the MOST talented group of singers EVER". Puuuuleeeaaase, I'm not denying they're all talented but come up with a different saying to get people to watch.

February 26, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  25. See Aaron

P.S. @JLO Don't 'FORGET' how good Aaron Sanders is. You WILL be surprised.

February 26, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • MusicLover

Right?! famous last words JLo... bring Aaron back as a wildcard! Let America decide!!

February 26, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  26. miami

they allsuck

February 25, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  27. TeamAaron Fan

poor little Lori doesn't have a clue.......

February 25, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Elise

For the top 24...does anyone really think that one of them is Carrie Underwood, David Cook, or Jordin Sparks American Idol worthy? Great talent, but really?

February 25, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Xi Lang Tu

TEAM AARON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy has talent, a gift from God, and he CAN SING!

February 25, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  30. apple2

AI will regret some of the cuts that were made. They may have the $ to sponsor, but they ain't got all the good voices that they could've had.

February 25, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  31. it shall be

This is my American Idol --–>>> Aaron Marcellus Sanders

February 25, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  32. The Last Word

I just don't get the hoopla about Jaycee...IMHO, he should not have even made the top 200. He's got some talent...but barely enough to win a school wide talent show in most good size high schools. Jaycee was nothing but a story for AI to lay on the public.

Having said that – this year's crop does seem like one of the best ever...though I hope they don't wind up disappointing. There have been a couple of years where the top 24 seemed incredibly talented...but ultimately didn't deliver.

February 25, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  33. nokoolaidcowboy

Jennifer Lopez should just croak already. Crocodile tears and all!

February 25, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Adamfan

I have watched all seasons of the show (although I quit voting after Adam Lambert didn't win) and enjoyed season 1, 7, and 8 the best. Season 9 was so boring. Season 10 looks to have some great singers. I just hope the 12 who are left are the most talented. Maybe we should watch the top 24 for 3 weeks or so before getting down to the top 12.

February 25, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. lulu

@Aaron Sanders-Thank you for showing the world what a true American Idol should be like. You set drama on the side and you sang with your heart. You are lulu's American Idol!

February 25, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Mary

When Ashley was having emotional issues she was told that part of singing was control, and control of emotions, right? Did some of the last contestants not have enough emotional problems such as crying, forgetting words, etc, etc? Or 'stories' or what? AI is supposed to be about singing, right? NOT emotions? Some people certainly had voices, were they supposed to have a bunch of emotional drama to go along too? Maybe it should be called the 'American Drama Idol'...

February 25, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Stella

I loved Jacee, Aaron, and Casey! WATCH OUT WORLD!

February 25, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Louise Miller

Lori! Lorl! Lori! We are true fans of Aaron Sanders that KNOW true talent when we hear it!! We will excuse the ignorant comment that you made concerning him because you knoweth NOT what you speaketh about! Find your place and stay there!! Just like Jennifer Hudson made it (you know her don't you) so will Aaron Sanders!! With or without American Idol! He is already doing so! We just sayin!!

February 25, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  39. cuts

Did the people who got cut not cry enough or sumthin? what's the deal with that?

February 25, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Cece

Tell me again...WHY did Aaron get cut?! His audition? "You on FIRE!" Cut? WHY?! He has SO much talent! It is a gift!

February 25, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  41. colohick

The selection show was one of the biggest yawners in TV this year. After the third person who was put through, you recognized anytime they did a retrospective on the person, you knew they were going on. Totally lacking in any suspense or drama. As far as the talent is concerned, the males have it this year and in particular Jason Lusk. Not to be a doomsayer, but it's too bad Jason Lusk won't win, because as we all know its not about talent, its about popularity. Remember Crystal Bowersox and Melinda Doolittle? Welcome back to the days of high school cliques. I will continue to watch if only to hear the talented Mr. Lusk. The boy has some pipes!!!!!

February 25, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Lee Chin

WHAT HAPPENED TO AARON?!?! He was incredible and we didn't even see him sing?!

February 25, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  43. CandiLoveComedy

It's really sad that American Idol has confirmed why I refuse to watch the show. They don't judge fair! Aaron Sanders was on the show and they showed his performance once...and that was with the group he was assigned to sing with. One thing (for sure) is that Aaron Sanders has a God given gift; and his voice WILL be shared for the world to hear! God is the final judge and he last say!!!

February 25, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  44. mfreeman

I was about to give up on American Idol!! I am just amazed at the talent for this year. I hope it will renew my interest. Jlo doing a very good job, just needs to wear a shield to keep from being too caught up in all the contestant's problems. Jlo is so sweet, I have alway liked her and am glad she is a judge. Don't know Steven, but Randy is right on. Wish them a huge success this year.

February 25, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  45. John

The little kid was told to come back when he's a little older, when he can more likely handle the pressure that the show is going to apply. Look at when happened to the older-but-still-young-then David Archuleta; the kid totally buckled under pressure and blew lines in more than one song on the live shows. Oh, and he just got dumped by his record label.

February 25, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Irish Man

I want Jovany Barreto to touch me in my bathing suit area.

February 25, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Claudia, Houston, Tx

The Idol season that Adam Lampert didn't win was the end of Idols best season, then followed Paula and Simmon.

February 25, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Deenie

I think the selected group seem very talented. I'm wondering though if they purposefully selected some very young girls so the ladies might have a chance this year. Since so many of the voters are teeny bopper girls who only want to vote for the cute boy (and vote and vote and vote), maybe they're thinking a young teen girl might have a shot.

February 25, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  49. JUJU

DeAndre Brackensick was one of the best singers on American Idol. I love idol but danggit when they picked Brett they messed up. He is horrible. I LOVED DeAndre- His voice was like butter.

February 25, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Dezi Malone

Jacee was the best of the last 3. His age and looks worked against him. He was the only one on here I followed and if I had been a judge I would have sent that knucklehead who felt he wasn't good enough to be in his "group" packing. What a pompous ass!!! Hang in there Jacee, you'll be back and you'll go places. You have real talent.

February 25, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Mims

I say watch out for Jacob, Aaron and Casey, they are extremely talented and I hope America votes for them. Also please please enough with the 'weeping and knashing of teeth'...the histrionics...enough already..lets get to the singing.

February 25, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mims

Durbin OUT Jacee IN...Jacee has a pure melodic voice..the opportunity to groom etc etc was there and I am sure by the end of the season he would have outshone Disturbin Durbin....the screamer

February 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Sak

LORi, Sorry to burst your bubble, it is not Aaron that is signing on here! It is the many people that have followed his VOICE around the world and love him dearly. He is not NEW to this, he is TRUE to this!! Miracles happened every day! Team Aaron!!!!

February 25, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  54. longislandicedshe

JAMES DURBIN IS HOTTT.

February 25, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Lori

Dang! Aaron Sanders is signing on here a bazillion times under different names and posting comments about himself. Aaron, you didn't make the cut, buddy. Get over it.

February 25, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • WOOT

Actually Lori, you're wrong. We are true fans of Aaron and think it is an outrage that he didn't make the top 24. If you knew him and knew his voice, you'd think so too! We will NOT get over the injustice of keeping this bright light from the world's view!

February 25, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • freedomiZme

Dear LORI, you're too cute hun!!! I don't even think Aaron has time to get on here, let alone go under different names and post comments concerning...smh You poor thing you, bless your little IGNORANT heart! But actually, people who LOVES and SUPPORTS Aaron chooses to spread the word of what real talent looks and sounds like sweetie ;-) #madlove

February 25, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • CandiLoveComedy

Poor little Lori!!! Haven't you ever heard the saying, "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. " Author: Martin Luther King, Jr

Remember that a WISE person understands the situation before they even open their mouth and speak!!! Shhhhhhhh....be-quiet little girl....for you know NOT what you speak!!! Again.....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

February 25, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ana Lee

Dear Lori,

Aaron is both ethical and honorable and he wouldn't post under false aliases. Not to mention the time involved in doing all that (he is constantly perfecting his skills/talents). WE ARE JUST LOYAL FANS WHO LOVE, SUPPORT, AND STAND BY AARON AS HE ACHIEVES HIS DREAMS! :)

February 25, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ellie Jane

Here is a link of Aaron singing and playing piano: http://youtu.be/1Cdt3CGHMpU
      SING AARON!!!!!

February 25, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • William

There are so many comments in here about Aaron Sanders, there are almost to many..A little fishy I think..These are all friends of his, that were promised money, if Aaron Sanders won, and now that he is off, they can't collect..To bad, earn it yourself....

February 26, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Lady

It's definitely rigged!! The producers must have decided not to bring Aaron Sanders to the top 24, because of the lack of drama.... And therefore chose not to air him – 'cause if America really got to hear him, they could not get away with not putting him in the top 24! Bring on the clowns instead!

February 25, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  57. tracy

the last male added – is he supposed to e good ? obviously they have slots to fill according to types and the producers probably have just as much say as the judges. The kid with the wild hair is there to bring the drama. thats his role because he can't sing

February 25, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. DrEdZone

Classic Tyler: "I'd like a double dose of what he's having!" about Tourette syndrome. I think that foundation should jump right in to sign him for some advertising. Fact is most sufferers of the syndrome are brilliant, have creativity in the arts and can express themselves without the tics. Right on, Steven! for insinuating it's a good thing not a curse.

February 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Hanne

How come Aaron Sanders didn't make it?? He was the most talented guy on the show, for sure, with vocals off the charts!!! Was there just not enough drama to him to make good TV? I am PRETTY sure America would actually appreciate REAL talent, and a humble and down to earth personality!

February 25, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Louise Miller

I don't understand why Aaron Sanders didn't make the top 24! It was also very disrepectful to him not to show his performance judgement at all! Not fair! An Open Apology is much needed producers of the show! I love the show but that was a real turn off!

February 25, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  61. judi galazin

I want to go on the show. Cant sing but I have a great sob story.

February 25, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • only 1

only ONE disappointment?! Jacee was good and all, but there were a bunch of others who were great also. I'd say a LOT of disappointments.

February 25, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hannah

Right?! is this comedy/acting or is it just a big sob story? I guess that the psychiatrists are still in business...

February 25, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  62. A

IT'S LAUREN Alaina, NOT 'LAINA Alaina' as you miswrote, who made it into the Top 24.

And for the record, FINALLY 'American Idol' found 24 people with ACTUAL TALENT this year!

February 25, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Jaceesucked

Jacee may have had a great voice, but he was not an entertaining performer by any means. This show is looking for the full package... someone who can do more than stand there looking stiff while singing. This is a TV show, and Jacee just didn't cut it for TV.

February 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Aaron's Fan!!!

I think the show is rigged if you ask me! That guy Aaron should have made the top 24! The majority of the ones that made it can hardly stay in tune long enough to finish a song!!! Clearly Aaron was the one, hands down!!!

February 25, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • rachael

I disagree with you completely. I think the judges did a great job. All 24 are talented! Jacee has talent, but he is not ready to be a big time performer. Brett Loewenstern has a great stage presences.

February 25, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  65. tim

nothin like a fat kid cryin on tv

February 25, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  66. enyaface

well here we go again....hope we are entertained this year......last year was boring in comparison because Adam Lambert was a hard act to follow even though he didn't win we all know he should have....There are a lot of talented singers but they let some good one go too. There were several folks that I never heard sing, what’s up with that?

February 25, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  67. TeamAaron Fan

I'm really trying to figure out why Aaron Sanders did not make the cut.......something is VERY wrong. He was yet by far one of the best if not the best vocals on the show........*scratches head*.......conspiracy......

February 25, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Kopi

I cannot stand James Durbins screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes Adam Lambert screamed a bit too but at least he could sing inbetween. I had to hit the mute button when James sung. Also if any song came on the radio by him with screaming in it I would be forced to change channel. Also really good singers do not need hundreds of runs in a song. Enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  69. freedomiZme

Sooo, this guy didn't make it!?!?!? Are you kidding me?? He's a monster!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50LM140yB4w&NR=1

February 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  70. dtny

Can guarantee I won't vote for Clint Gamboa.. thought what he did was thoughtless and mean. Didn't think too highly of the others who didn't stand up for Jaycee either. Jaycee has a great voice, but I wasn't surprised he didn't make top 24. Hopefully next year.

February 25, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Junior

Overall, very glad with the 24 selections. I am upset and disagree with choosing Brett over Jaycee. American Idol needed the "Chubby Justin Bieber" and not the "Flaming Carrot Top". Brett just didn't wow me one time throughout the first several weeks. Plus, his soap box speech about them all being stars was obnoxious. It was so fake even Seacrest wanted to slap him . I am now rooting for James Durbin as he totally rocks and Julie Zorrilla because I wanna rock her!! Lest hope it all comes down to those two!

February 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Jarred

Hey u guys are talking about this Aaron Sanders guy.. iv seen his vids on youtube! I knew exactly who he was when they showed him last Wednesday... such a shame that they let go of such great talent. Dude is a natural star.

February 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Cat

Aaron Sanders is a true American Idol. All around great guy!!! He voice makes my heart melt. Please bring him back!!!!

February 25, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Nadine

I would like to see Aaron Sanders as a Wild-Card this year! We want to HEAR more of his VOICE!!!!

February 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Sandy

Last night's selection was a disappointment. I was quite surprised when they picked some of those people over the others. While the 15-year old had a great voice, they eliminated the only rocker in the group. Cuts down on variety. And of the last three guys, I never guessed that they would have picked the guy with the bushy hair. Didn't sound very good to me on that song they played. Although he wrote it, it just didn't seem to be something most would enjoy. I thought they would pick the other guy who played the piano/keyboard.

From what I am seeing, this certainly will not be a season like that with Adam, Matt Gireaux, Allison Iraheta, Scott, etc.

February 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • deb

I agree with you. That "other guy" was Colton Dixon. I thought he was multi-talented and the best of the three left. Jacee is a sweet boy and has a nice voice but when he grows up and his voice changes that may not be the case. He also doesn't have the charisma, style, showmanship or passion to pull it all off yet. I also thought that Jessica Cunningham should have been picked over that 15 year old Thia. Thia has a good voice but Jessica has everything, including that showmanship, charisma quality. Thia could have come back in a couple of years.

February 25, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • samantha

I agree.

February 27, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  76. DLM

I am glad that little fat kid didn't make it.

February 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Sak

Bring Aaron Sanders back! His voice is amazing and his is multi-talented! Let America Decide!

February 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Max

Hey guys I agree with Brenda. I saw Aaron Sanders on youtube a year ago and he is amazing. Some of these other kids are just ok....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50LM140yB4w&NR=1

February 25, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  79. TeeCee

Aaron Sander's voice is close to flawless!! Wonder why we hardley saw him..

February 25, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  80. freedomiZme

I strongly believe the current contestants that are considered to be the “Top 24” is a huge mistake, only because it’s missing Aaron Marcellus Sanders! He is extremely talented; a musical genius that the world needs right now, representing EVERY genera! The sad thing is, they really didn’t show him sing but once? They only showed emotional snips of him waiting and anticipating an answer from the judges.

You can check out a eleven second snip of his audition. American Idol is claiming to be in search for the “next Idol”, the person that has it all –> and yet they gave HIM (Aaron) away! SMH

February 25, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Head Diva In Charge

I am excited about the talent this year. I have always been a fan, but the past few years haven't been very good at all. I am actually looking forward to watching again. So happy I don't have to hear Kara's voice anymore!

February 25, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  82. BigMel

I thought they did not have the requirement of 12 males and 12 females for the final 24? I thought the premise this year was the best 24. Did they change or did I dream that?

February 25, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • dam_dis

as far as i know it's always been that way, but i've never agreed.

February 25, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • faith

You are right. They said that a couple weeks ago at least. This show is so fixed it isn't even worth watching anymore.

February 25, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Linda

OK, let's review. That creepy deep-voiced redneck goes through and the "inconsistent" guy with the disabled girlfriend gets sent home? I don't think he should have gotten a sympathy vote at all but at least he had the potential to get a lot better, which is, I believe, one of the things we hope for and expect, right? Fine. I'm done with Idol now.

February 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Brenda

Hey what happen to the kid Aaron Sanders!!? have u all seen his youtube videos?!!! OMG he should definitely be in the top 24 what in the world happend!!!!!?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwRljQ7TYLU

February 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  85. THELEPPS

hey look at the guy in the back row 4th from the left is that the guy from the hangover

February 25, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • dam_dis

hangover? what did i miss out on? that is casey abrams – he's awesome.

February 25, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Bruce

Since Casey is sick and may not be able to continue, replace him with Jacee. Jacee has a, way better voice than Brett. I'm betting Brett will be the second person voted off anyway.

I was shocked that out of the last three to be on the "hot seat" before the judges, that Jacee was voted off. Bad decision by the judges. Shame on you three!

February 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Shawn

Kinda glad JC did not make it. Now the family and I will not have to waste 3 night of TV to watch this show. Idol, you are dieing quickly. No Simon and No JC.....good luck.

February 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  88. sue

I thought Medina was the biggest upset. THat sinks! JC can grow another year...has an incredible voice, though! Very clear and pure! Needs some maturity is all. My humble opinion.

February 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Riley

I applaud Nigel Lythgoe because, unlike every other season of Idol, Every single person who made it into the Top 24 has now had "Air Time"... it may not've been Equal air time, but they've all had air time. I liked that he made the Green Mile episode 3 hours (1 hr Wed, 2 hrs Thu) so he could remind us of their auditions, a little of Hollywood week, and then their final performance.

Whether you remember their name or not, you now have Heard everybody in the top 24!

February 25, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bored

They had the top 24 picked MONTHS ago, because the ONLY people they focused on were the top 24 you say no one else. This season seams even more fixed than years past.

February 25, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  90. THELEPPS

HEY KENNETH WHO THE HECK IS ANJOLIE LOPEZ HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING THE SHOW AT ALL,ITS JENNIFER LOPEZ.........FOOL

February 25, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Fan

I was thinking the same thing about Aaron Sanders, me along with thousands of people tuned in Thursday to see his fate...then NOTHING!! WOW Aaron sanders is definately an American Idol!!!! Go to you tube and view his videos!!

February 25, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  92. James

I thought the guy Aaron Sanders was smoking. He was by far the best vocalist but they didn't show him much. Scratching my head trying to figure out why he is not in the top 24.

February 25, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  93. meat

if u watch this show your all geniuses (I'm a known liar) plus it's opposite day tomorrow

February 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Marco555

HALELUJAH ! :)

February 25, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  95. woody

ditto @KD

February 25, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Kenneth E Wesche

I THINK THAT THEY HAVE PICKED ONE OF THE BEST TOP 24 OF ALL TIME. Randy Jackson, Anjolie Lopez & Steven Tyler were the best 3 judges that I have ever seen. Who the heck needs Simon Cowell. Those 3 judges had the toughest job ever of picking the top 24 & I commend them for a job well done.

February 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • sue

Who the hell is Anjolie Lopez?

February 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your mom

Anjolie Lopez? dont you mean Jennifer Lopez?

February 25, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • A

It must have been a Freudian slip gone horribly weird. He or she seems to have confused Jennifer Lopez with Angelina Jolie.

February 25, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • A-

How was that a Freudian Slip? What personal significance does Pitt's wife have to you? Pretend intelligence - so much fun to tease.

February 25, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Americanidolfan

They didn't ever air one of the greatest guys that made it to the top 40 Aaron Sanders!! what is American idol afraid of.... Everyone else was at least shown!

February 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Littlerobc

There were a lot in the Top 40 that were never shown, like Jackie Wilson, who is a major talent! They seem just to want to show drama so talent gets left on the cutting room floor. So mad not only did they not show Jackie, they didn't pick her for the Top 24. i will not be watching anymore....

February 25, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  98. chadwick

deandre brackensick should be in the top 24.

February 25, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Ovationimpact

Your post obtained my attention and I appreciate that your AI Season-10 Internet article inserted the name of Adam Lambert for Internet search hits, someone in marketing gets it. I will also have the same appreciation of the AI Season-10 producers when they include the live performance by Adam Lambert in addition to their continued recognition of his star draw audience by use of Grammy Nominated Adam's name and image.

February 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Marco555

I want to go on Idol and sing "Its raining Men".

February 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Ed

I am willing to bet that regardless of what the judges say, the producers have a major voice in who goes and who stays. They have a television show to produce and that show has to have contrast, conflict. humor and even pathos.

February 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherry

what is pathos?

February 25, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim from Toledo

"Pathos"?? Really? You're trying too hard to sound intelligent.
      Don't you think they keep Chris Medina if they were worried about "pathos"?
      Do you know the meaning of the word?

February 25, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Fascinating how people become so afraid (and defensive) when someone else uses a word of which they don't know the definition. Sherry and Tim - get a dictionary; the little thing is amazingly empowering and will help you overcome your petty fears about words.

February 25, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  102. KD

I don't even miss Simon one bit! I loved Idol back in the day but the past few seasons were so dull and tired. Steven Tyler and Jennifer make it fresh and fun again. They've even made Randy smile and have more fun!

February 25, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jill

I completely agree! This year is better than ever. I wasn't much of a fan of JLo's but I'm come to love and respect her as a person. And Steven Tyler is hilarious and also a very nice guy. The talent this year is amazing! I wasn't going to watch this year but I am so glad I did!

February 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • deb

I agree with you! I liked it with Simon but watching it this season I never even think of him! Jennifer and Steven have added a new dimension to the show. They know what they are talking about, have a chemistry together with Randy and have really impressed me. The talent seems really great too!

February 25, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

Steve Tyler looks like my grandmother without lipstick on. The years have been awfully hard on him.

February 25, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Heather

GGGGGOOOOOOOOOO ASHTHON!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!! oh BTW ( Don't want to be a fat boy) YOU ARE RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

February 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Me

LaQuangee
    You stole my post Biatch!!!!!!!

February 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  105. DrMabuse

Not watching this year–no reason to without Simon Cowell.

February 25, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • AverageJim

I wasn't going to watch either, without Simon. But happened to turn it on, and was actually impressed by the new judges.

February 25, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • sue

That was my thinking pre-season, but you need to give it a chance! They have some great talent this year and Steven Tyler ROCKS!

February 25, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • dam_dis

yeah, i agree with sue and jim – give it a try – i was pleasantly surprised. i NEVER thought i'd enjoy it with simon gone.

February 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • sb

I thought I would miss Simon, but I was wrong. The new judges are fantastic. Respectful of the talent, full of good advice, and they actually know what they're talking about. Nirvana! To my delight I have only heard the dreaded "pitchy" several times this year, and only from Randy Jackson. It turns out that real singers can pinpoint the problem in a performance by specifying what is actually wrong rather than relying on one unhelpful word. Great judges plus the best talent in years equals the best Idol I've seen. Too bad you're missing it.

February 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • kls817

I also thought it would be bad without Simon, but the new judges work well together. And I think this years talent will be better than last year, from what I have seen so far.

February 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bored

Agreed! Most BORING season of Idol . . . . EVER. Lackluster singers and boring judges. How can Steven Tyler be this boring?

February 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • A

I hope 'Bored' is sarcastic.

February 25, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • fattyfatfat

I wasn't going to watch either watched one episode during Hollywood week and I was back on the wagon!

February 26, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Peggy

God forbid that they have an overweight, yet talented, young man. I don't watch much, but I enjoyed hearing Jaycee sing. But I have decided I will not watch Idol this year.

February 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

They had an overweight one actually win once. His name: Ruben Studdard. He wasn't the best but he won. You don't hear much about him anymore because he was lousy.

February 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • TimB

Jaycee is a nice kid, and has some talent. But he needs to work on his skills before he's really ready for the show. It is arguable whether he was a better singer than several they kept, but he would not have won. And by cutting him at the Hollywood/Vegas stage means that he can come back next season and try again.

February 25, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • rachael

The show is American Idol. It is not a high school talent show or a church choir. Jacee is good, but he is young and not ready to be a professional stage performer this year. The judges made it clear he just needs to grow and mature and come back. I agree with the judges that some of the kids are too young to win this year and need to do some work and try again. That teaches young people good things too. Success takes work even when you have talent. Also let's not skim over weight issues as not mattering. Weight issues are first of all a health issue, so someone should tell Jacee to address his weight for that reason alone. Secondly, when you are looking for an American Idol, you want someone hot and with stage presence. Brett Loewenstern has that as do the rest of the 24. Jacee will do fine. He is only 15 and has talent. This is the first year I had time to watch American Idol and I have really enjoyed. The judges were fantastic and all these people are talented! I am looking forward to next week.

February 25, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • asdasd

I think you mean fat p1g

February 25, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Jomareda

This is a great singer with a great song...I like the passion and sincerity of the song and singer:

One of these kids should record it!!

February 25, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  108. JAMAL

I agree with you 100 percent. Them nekked people ruin just about everything. If they would put on some dang clothes this country would be in much better shape.

February 25, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  109. nekkedness

I hope there wont be a bunch of nekked people on there this year. Nekked people can catch a cold.

February 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  110. RUFUS

second to post ! i rock ! steak and eggs for me baaby ! steak and eggs !

February 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Oh good

Mediocrity at it Best!

February 25, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • ralph

I thought Jaycee was a little too soft and too young to be on the show this year. I hope he makes it next year. I am very surprised at who made it over Medina. I hope he does well. My favorite is casey. . .I hope he gets better soon. I don't think they are mediocre. I've been watching for 10 seasons and this year's crop interviewed the best, out sung some professionals and seem to have good heads on their shoulders.

February 25, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • sue

You probably wouldn't want to watch it, then??? Just a guess. That's what I would do

February 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • BK

Agree with you Ralph. Jaycee, to young, actually looks and acts more like a 10 year old. Not what I imagine as an American Idol like Chris D, Carrie, etc. Couple years, little maturity and voice change and he will be tough to beat. Personally I think the field this year is way better than the last few years. I haven't watched for at least 3 years, but I will this year.

February 25, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Old mom

Mediocre? Come on, I agree with Ralph. I've watched year after year, and these are talented performers. Jaycee needs to grow up and shape up, and who knows what he'll be in 3-4 years if his voice changes and he matures into a young man and loses that boyish pudge? Scotty could go pro tomorrow. As could several others. I love Steven Tyler and J Lo and look forward to the season. What do I know? I'm old and can't carry a tune.

February 25, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

The only upset there was, was not having Washington intern Molly DeWolfe Swenson in the top 24. She was axed in the round before and we never got to see one thing about her during the entire Hollywood week.

Jacee was not a great signer and he showed that during Hollywood week. They kept him because it got the audience interested more and that was it. If it was based on just singing he would have been axed right in the first week. This is not any upset that he didn't make the top 24. The only one that was an upset that didn't make it was Hollie.

February 25, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tricia

Overall maybe, but Scotty McCreery and Casey Abrams are gonna make some serious cash. Especially look out for Scotty...he may be as big as Carrie Underwood one day. Peace :)

February 26, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • AnaHadWolves

I really must object to the author's snide comment regarding James Durbin's voice as a "screech", a la Adam Lambert. James' voice is complex, melodious, rich, wide, deep and inspiring...as is his life story. I have been pulling for him since he was first introduced and believe that he will be in the top 2 or 3.

If I had endured Tourette's, Asberger Syndrome/Autism, the loss of my father via a drug overdose, facing unemployment while trying to support my fiancee and beautiful 2-year-old son as James has had to do, I'm not sure I would be as emotionally-balanced as he is. He is a bright, shining star...and, without a "screech" within him.

You rock, James!

February 26, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • ross

You must be looking in a mirror

February 26, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  112. robotron

I like white people songs. I suppose you think rap is real music. I can tell that your highly educated not only musically but also in literacy.

February 25, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Jojo

Ha! "I can tell that your highly educated." Reminds me of the girl in second grade who turned around and told me, "I don't do good on grammar tests." Complete ignorance. Love it!

February 25, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Jim

W-w-w-what?

February 25, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Grammer Police

I can tell that "YOU'RE" not highly educated.

February 27, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |